Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 perfect persuasive essay topics for any assignment.
Do you need to write a persuasive essay but aren’t sure what topic to focus on? Were you thrilled when your teacher said you could write about whatever you wanted but are now overwhelmed by the possibilities? We’re here to help!
Read on for a list of 113 top-notch persuasive essay topics, organized into ten categories. To help get you started, we also discuss what a persuasive essay is, how to choose a great topic, and what tips to keep in mind as you write your persuasive essay.
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
In a persuasive essay, you attempt to convince readers to agree with your point of view on an argument. For example, an essay analyzing changes in Italian art during the Renaissance wouldn’t be a persuasive essay, because there’s no argument, but an essay where you argue that Italian art reached its peak during the Renaissance would be a persuasive essay because you’re trying to get your audience to agree with your viewpoint.
Persuasive and argumentative essays both try to convince readers to agree with the author, but the two essay types have key differences. Argumentative essays show a more balanced view of the issue and discuss both sides. Persuasive essays focus more heavily on the side the author agrees with. They also often include more of the author’s opinion than argumentative essays, which tend to use only facts and data to support their argument.
All persuasive essays have the following:
- Introduction: Introduces the topic, explains why it’s important, and ends with the thesis.
- Thesis: A sentence that sums up what the essay be discussing and what your stance on the issue is.
- Reasons you believe your side of the argument: Why do you support the side you do? Typically each main point will have its own body paragraph.
- Evidence supporting your argument: Facts or examples to back up your main points. Even though your opinion is allowed in persuasive essays more than most other essays, having concrete examples will make a stronger argument than relying on your opinion alone.
- Conclusion: Restatement of thesis, summary of main points, and a recap of why the issue is important.
What Makes a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Theoretically, you could write a persuasive essay about any subject under the sun, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you should. Certain topics are easier to write a strong persuasive essay on, and below are tips to follow when deciding what you should write about.
It’s a Topic You Care About
Obviously, it’s possible to write an essay about a topic you find completely boring. You’ve probably done it! However, if possible, it’s always better to choose a topic that you care about and are interested in. When this is the case, you’ll find doing the research more enjoyable, writing the essay easier, and your writing will likely be better because you’ll be more passionate about and informed on the topic.
You Have Enough Evidence to Support Your Argument
Just being passionate about a subject isn’t enough to make it a good persuasive essay topic, though. You need to make sure your argument is complex enough to have at least two potential sides to root for, and you need to be able to back up your side with evidence and examples. Even though persuasive essays allow your opinion to feature more than many other essays, you still need concrete evidence to back up your claims, or you’ll end up with a weak essay.
For example, you may passionately believe that mint chocolate chip ice cream is the best ice cream flavor (I agree!), but could you really write an entire essay on this? What would be your reasons for believing mint chocolate chip is the best (besides the fact that it’s delicious)? How would you support your belief? Have enough studies been done on preferred ice cream flavors to support an entire essay? When choosing a persuasive essay idea, you want to find the right balance between something you care about (so you can write well on it) and something the rest of the world cares about (so you can reference evidence to strengthen your position).
It’s a Manageable Topic
Bigger isn’t always better, especially with essay topics. While it may seem like a great idea to choose a huge, complex topic to write about, you’ll likely struggle to sift through all the information and different sides of the issue and winnow them down to one streamlined essay. For example, choosing to write an essay about how WWII impacted American life more than WWI wouldn’t be a great idea because you’d need to analyze all the impacts of both the wars in numerous areas of American life. It’d be a huge undertaking. A better idea would be to choose one impact on American life the wars had (such as changes in female employment) and focus on that. Doing so will make researching and writing your persuasive essay much more feasible.
List of 113 Good Persuasive Essay Topics
Below are over 100 persuasive essay ideas, organized into ten categories. When you find an idea that piques your interest, you’ll choose one side of it to argue for in your essay. For example, if you choose the topic, “should fracking be legal?” you’d decide whether you believe fracking should be legal or illegal, then you’d write an essay arguing all the reasons why your audience should agree with you.
- Should students be required to learn an instrument in school?
- Did the end of Game of Thrones fit with the rest of the series?
- Can music be an effective way to treat mental illness?
- With e-readers so popular, have libraries become obsolete?
- Are the Harry Potter books more popular than they deserve to be?
- Should music with offensive language come with a warning label?
- What’s the best way for museums to get more people to visit?
- Should students be able to substitute an art or music class for a PE class in school?
- Are the Kardashians good or bad role models for young people?
- Should people in higher income brackets pay more taxes?
- Should all high school students be required to take a class on financial literacy?
- Is it possible to achieve the American dream, or is it only a myth?
- Is it better to spend a summer as an unpaid intern at a prestigious company or as a paid worker at a local store/restaurant?
- Should the United States impose more or fewer tariffs?
- Should college graduates have their student loans forgiven?
- Should restaurants eliminate tipping and raise staff wages instead?
- Should students learn cursive writing in school?
- Which is more important: PE class or music class?
- Is it better to have year-round school with shorter breaks throughout the year?
- Should class rank be abolished in schools?
- Should students be taught sex education in school?
- Should students be able to attend public universities for free?
- What’s the most effective way to change the behavior of school bullies?
- Are the SAT and ACT accurate ways to measure intelligence?
- Should students be able to learn sign language instead of a foreign language?
- Do the benefits of Greek life at colleges outweigh the negatives?
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Why do students in many other countries score higher than American students on math exams?
- Should parents/teachers be able to ban certain books from schools?
- What’s the best way to reduce cheating in school?
- Should colleges take a student’s race into account when making admissions decisions?
- Should there be limits to free speech?
- Should students be required to perform community service to graduate high school?
- Should convicted felons who have completed their sentence be allowed to vote?
- Should gun ownership be more tightly regulated?
- Should recycling be made mandatory?
- Should employers be required to offer paid leave to new parents?
- Are there any circumstances where torture should be allowed?
- Should children under the age of 18 be able to get plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons?
- Should white supremacy groups be allowed to hold rallies in public places?
- Does making abortion illegal make women more or less safe?
- Does foreign aid actually help developing countries?
- Are there times a person’s freedom of speech should be curtailed?
- Should people over a certain age not be allowed to adopt children?
- Should the minimum voting age be raised/lowered/kept the same?
- Should Puerto Rico be granted statehood?
- Should the United States build a border wall with Mexico?
- Who should be the next person printed on American banknotes?
- Should the United States’ military budget be reduced?
- Did China’s one child policy have overall positive or negative impacts on the country?
- Should DREAMers be granted US citizenship?
- Is national security more important than individual privacy?
- What responsibility does the government have to help homeless people?
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Should the US increase or decrease the number of refugees it allows in each year?
- Should privately-run prisons be abolished?
- Who was the most/least effective US president?
- Will Brexit end up helping or harming the UK?
- What’s the best way to reduce the spread of Ebola?
- Is the Keto diet a safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Should the FDA regulate vitamins and supplements more strictly?
- Should public schools require all students who attend to be vaccinated?
- Is eating genetically modified food safe?
- What’s the best way to make health insurance more affordable?
- What’s the best way to lower the teen pregnancy rate?
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized nationwide?
- Should birth control pills be available without a prescription?
- Should pregnant women be forbidden from buying cigarettes and alcohol?
- Why has anxiety increased in adolescents?
- Are low-carb or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- What caused the destruction of the USS Maine?
- Was King Arthur a mythical legend or actual Dark Ages king?
- Was the US justified in dropping atomic bombs during WWII?
- What was the primary cause of the Rwandan genocide?
- What happened to the settlers of the Roanoke colony?
- Was disagreement over slavery the primary cause of the US Civil War?
- What has caused the numerous disappearances in the Bermuda triangle?
- Should nuclear power be banned?
- Is scientific testing on animals necessary?
- Do zoos help or harm animals?
- Should scientists be allowed to clone humans?
- Should animals in circuses be banned?
- Should fracking be legal?
- Should people be allowed to keep exotic animals as pets?
- What’s the best way to reduce illegal poaching in Africa?
- What is the best way to reduce the impact of global warming?
- Should euthanasia be legalized?
- Is there legitimate evidence of extraterrestrial life?
- Should people be banned from owning aggressive dog breeds?
- Should the United States devote more money towards space exploration?
- Should the government subsidize renewable forms of energy?
- Is solar energy worth the cost?
- Should stem cells be used in medicine?
- Is it right for the US to leave the Paris Climate Agreement?
- Should athletes who fail a drug test receive a lifetime ban from the sport?
- Should college athletes receive a salary?
- Should the NFL do more to prevent concussions in players?
- Do PE classes help students stay in shape?
- Should horse racing be banned?
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Should children younger than 18 be allowed to play tackle football?
- Are the costs of hosting an Olympic Games worth it?
- Can online schools be as effective as traditional schools?
- Do violent video games encourage players to be violent in real life?
- Should facial recognition technology be banned?
- Does excessive social media use lead to depression/anxiety?
- Has the rise of translation technology made knowing multiple languages obsolete?
- Was Steve Jobs a visionary or just a great marketer?
- Should social media be banned for children younger than a certain age?
- Which 21st-century invention has had the largest impact on society?
- Are ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft good or bad for society?
- Should Facebook have done more to protect the privacy of its users?
- Will technology end up increasing or decreasing inequality worldwide?
Tips for Writing a Strong Persuasive Essay
After you’ve chosen the perfect topic for your persuasive essay, your work isn’t over. Follow the three tips below to create a top-notch essay.
Do Your Research
Your argument will fall apart if you don’t fully understand the issue you’re discussing or you overlook an important piece of it. Readers won’t be convinced by someone who doesn’t know the subject, and you likely won’t persuade any of them to begin supporting your viewpoint. Before you begin writing a single word of your essay, research your topic thoroughly. Study different sources, learn about the different sides of the argument, ask anyone who’s an expert on the topic what their opinion is, etc. You might be tempted to start writing right away, but by doing your research, you’ll make the writing process much easier when the time comes.
Make Your Thesis Perfect
Your thesis is the most important sentence in your persuasive essay. Just by reading that single sentence, your audience should know exactly what topic you’ll be discussing and where you stand on the issue. You want your thesis to be crystal clear and to accurately set up the rest of your essay. Asking classmates or your teacher to look it over before you begin writing the rest of your essay can be a big help if you’re not entirely confident in your thesis.
Consider the Other Side
You’ll spend most of your essay focusing on your side of the argument since that’s what you want readers to come away believing. However, don’t think that means you can ignore other sides of the issue. In your essay, be sure to discuss the other side’s argument, as well as why you believe this view is weak or untrue. Researching all the different viewpoints and including them in your essay will increase the quality of your writing by making your essay more complete and nuanced.
Summary: Persuasive Essay Ideas
Good persuasive essay topics can be difficult to come up with, but in this guide we’ve created a list of 113 excellent essay topics for you to browse. The best persuasive essay ideas will be those that you are interested in, have enough evidence to support your argument, and aren’t too complicated to be summarized in an essay.
After you’ve chosen your essay topic, keep these three tips in mind when you begin writing:
- Do your research
- Make your thesis perfect
- Consider the other side
Need ideas for a research paper topic as well? Our guide to research paper topics has over 100 topics in ten categories so you can be sure to find the perfect topic for you.
Thinking about taking an AP English class? Read our guide on AP English classes to learn whether you should take AP English Language or AP English Literature (or both!)
Deciding between the SAT or ACT? Find out for sure which you will do the best on . Also read a detailed comparison between the two tests .
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
Persuasive Essay Guide
Persuasive Essay Topics
Best Persuasive Essay Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
12 min read
Published on: Jul 17, 2018
Last updated on: Feb 6, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Students face a lot of academic assignments in their high school and college. Similarly, writing a persuasive essay is an inevitable part of academic writing.
However, selecting the right essay topic is more tiring and nerve-racking for students than writing the actual essay. It is the first step to attract the target audience and improve the overall performance and grade.
The following skills will help you brainstorm some impressive essay topics for a persuasive essay.
- Reading and comprehension
- Research and analysis
- Critical thinking
These elements are required to select a subject by identifying the opposing arguments. It will also help you convince the audience about your viewpoint.
Nevertheless, there are cases when you get stuck at the stage of choosing a topic. This is where the professional help of MyPerfectWords.com comes in.
Our qualified essay writers have collected some impressive ideas for your essay. Check out these examples of persuasive essay topics.
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Follow the below-given steps to choose good persuasive essay topics.
1. Consider Your Interest
The first step of your exceptional persuasive writing is to choose a topic of your interest. You can talk about the issue more convincingly if you are personally concerned about it. Similarly, your research and writing skills will be better because you are more informed on the topic.
It is because the primary purpose of this academic paper is to convince the readers about your opinion using evidence. Thus, there is no point in persuading the audience about the matter you are not sure or convinced.
2. Narrow It Down
Choosing broad topic ideas for persuasive essays can cause confusion as you will have to struggle a lot to find the information. Therefore, narrowing down your focus on a single aspect will make your persuasive speeches easy to handle.
3. Talk About Controversy
There are always a few people who have a different opinion regarding some controversy. It does not mean that you have to talk opposite to the general trend.
You can just share your opinion, ensuring that it is logical and makes sense.
4. Pick the Stance You Agree With
Make sure you choose persuasive argument topics with two potential sides. Because writing a persuasive essay aims to persuade the readers regarding some specific stance.
For this, you need to be careful while picking the stance for your essay. If you select the side you don’t agree to; you will not be able to convince your audience about it.
5. Find Strong Evidence and Examples
Conduct in-depth research to find strong evidence and examples to back up your side. Use both primary and secondary sources to collect different points of view, facts, and statistics. It will make your study more compelling and impressive.
6. Avoid Common Pitfalls
When coming up with a topic, many students think about whether their professors will like it or not. Overthinking these aspects doesn't help you choose the essay topic wisely.
Instead, try to be creative and choose persuasive writing topics you are most passionate about or wish to write on.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay ideas according to different grade levels and subjects.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University Students
- Why are lawyers paid too much? Give reasons.
- Who is responsible for stray dogs?
- Why is censorship of the internet necessary?
- Is technology a distraction or a bonus?
- Privacy Vs. Security. Which one do you prefer?
- Discuss the positive aspects of rivalry.
- Online education vs. traditional schooling. Which one is better?
- Are vaccinations linked to autism?
- Is it important to change and revise the state’s welfare system?
- Why must there be some limits to freedom of speech?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Why should colleges ban the use of mobile phones on campus premises?
- Immigration challenges can easily be solved by fencing the borders. How?
- Why must sociopaths and psychopaths be sentenced to death?
- Why should parents keep a check on children’s internet activities?
- How does feminism devalue motherhood?
- Kids’ cartoons must be scrutinized for inappropriate content. Discuss.
- Discuss why traditional classes are better than distant learning?
- How banning weapons production can reduce terrorist activities across the globe?
- Discuss why female students should take part in wrestling and boxing?
- What is the best age for driving a car?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Time management leads to a successful career. Explain how?
- How does listening to music while working helps improve the focus?
- Pursuing one's hobby as a career ensures success. Elaborate on the concept.
- Discuss how dressing depicts the personality of an individual.
- Joining the army should be a choice and not a compulsion for young people. Discuss.
- How dealing with embarrassing moments in life builds the confidence of the individual?
- Why are argumentative paper assignments a waste of time?
- Why should the tax rate be higher for rich people in the United States? Give reasons.
- Modern youth cannot survive without social networks. Why?
- How to overcome fear and anxiety?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- Why should parents pay children for household chores?
- Why is participation in school sports mandatory for all students?
- Why should soda drinks not be served in school cafeterias?
- Fast food should not be a part of the school meal menu. Discuss why.
- Why can war never bring positive outcomes?
- Why should every student have a pet?
- Should students be taught to earn and donate money?
- Should advertisement boards not be allowed on the school premises?
- Why is the security of human beings more important than their privacy?
- Video games are a way of learning. How?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Why must mobile phones be banned during class lectures?
- Discuss productive ways to spend your money.
- Schools should ban junk meals. Discuss reasons.
- Moving from a small village to a large city is necessary for an ambitious family. Why?
- Which is the best TV show ever?
- Discuss the elements of true friendship.
- Should families spend more time together?
- What important issues parents should explain to their children?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating sweets?
- Should there be a proper uniform for the students?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Why should we eat more fruits and vegetables?
- Going to bed early is important for your health. Explain why.
- What are the benefits of donating blood?
- Discuss the pros and cons of summer classes.
- Are cell phones dangerous to your health?
- How does healthy eating prevents disease?
- Discuss the pros and cons of cheerleading.
- What are the ways to improve school lunches?
- Why should you vaccinate your indoor cat?
- Why must prayers in schools be mandatory for everyone?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Why must college students be rewarded for getting good grades?
- Less amount homework should be assigned to 6th-grade students. Explain why.
- Why do people in society use recycled products?
- Together we can save the world from global warming. Discuss how?
- What are the ways to control child obesity?
- Analyze how the government is responsible for the welfare of citizens.
- The safety of the nation is more important than its privacy. Explain.
- Living in a rural area or living in an urban area. Which one is better?
- Are digital books replacing physical books?
- School days should finish earlier. Why?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Is a male leader better than a female leader?
- Should babysitters take parenting classes?
- Explain why children who read more have good writing skills?
- Should teaching etiquettes be a part of lesson planning?
- Should kids have more time to relax at home after school?
- Kids should not be given too much money. Why?
- Why must every individual be allowed to learn a foreign language?
- Why should we stop the production of nuclear weapons to have more peace?
- Why should we grow more vegetables and fruits at home?
- Discuss why the gym class is more important in contrast to the music class.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Should students have a 3-day weekend?
- Should school athletes be paid for playing?
- Should Marijuana be made legal for medicinal purposes?
- Why should illegal immigrants be allowed to get a driving license?
- Why do computer notebooks and tablets replace course textbooks?
- Why should boys and girls not be in separate classes?
- Should every state have a free health care system for citizens?
- All cities must offer free public WiFi. Discuss.
- Why should people not be allowed to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should sex education be taught in both public and private schools?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Should the driving age be lowered to 14?
- Police should not chase a car. Why?
- Sports cars and bikes are dangerous. Give reasons.
- Discuss why the driving test should be free.
- Introverts make good leaders. Discuss how?
- People should never go into business with family members. Give reasons why?
- Is it prohibited to burn flags and banners?
- Money cannot buy love or happiness. Evaluate the concept.
- Discuss why cats are better pets than dogs.
- Critically analyze why teachers should pass a basic exam to get jobs?
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why do most people use public transport for traveling purposes?
- Pollution is affecting the ozone layer. How?
- Why should we use disposable diapers?
- Is it important to keep the environment clean?
- Why should female workers have the same salary as male workers?
- Is it unethical to eat meat?
- Explain why children should not watch horror movies.
- Fairy tales are good for kids. Discuss.
- How is parental pressure on children dangerous?
- Why should men not wear pink?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should gay marriages not be allowed?
- A man is the product of society, not nature. Discuss.
- Why should the American legal system support discrimination against minorities?
- Should sex education be a must for younger teenagers?
- Why is the Internet not safe for young children?
- Should children be allowed to drive?
- Dating in the workplace should not be allowed. Why?
- Should euthanasia be legalized for terminally ill patients?
- Why should children be separated from abusive parents?
- Why should repeat offenders be charged with the death penalty?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- How bad decisions make a person wise?
- Why is adult life more difficult than teenage life?
- Vegetarians do not care much about animals. Analyze the concept.
- Why are fathers a better option to be friends than mothers?
- Never add your parents as friends on social media accounts. Why?
- Explain why men should not be judged for wearing pink.
- How do pets see their owners?
- Discuss the reasons why people hate Monday.
- How can AutoCorrect ruin your life?
- Why are crushes so fun to have?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Animal sports, including race or fighting, are immoral. Evaluate.
- Bodybuilding is risky for women. Why?
- How do energy drinks impact the performance of athletes?
- Are women better dancers and swimmers as compared to men?
- Athletes are born, not trained. Elaborate on the concept.
- Is practicing sports the best way of relieving stress?
- Men are more prone to injuries during sports events than females. Why?
- Badminton or Tennis? Which one is better?
- Why is swimming so good for you?
- What is the reality of WWE?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Why should hunting be banned?
- Is poaching illegal?
- Are microchipping stray and pet animals unethical?
- Should animal testing be banned across the globe?
- Why should beauty goods not be tested on animals?
- How do animals survive extremely cold conditions?
- Why are pets good for kids?
- Why do snakes make great pets?
- Why should we save endangered species?
- Why is pet health care so expensive?
Crime and Law Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should guns not be allowed on college campuses?
- Every individual has a right to privacy. Discuss.
- Should the death penalty be banned?
- Recreational marijuana should not be legalized. Give reasons.
- How do offenders of domestic violence tend to become terrorists?
- Discuss the causes of police brutality.
- Explain the concepts of policing and social order.
- What are the causes of victimization?
- Discuss parental abduction laws.
- Discuss the history of corporal punishment.
Environment Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Do human beings cause climate change?
- How does industrialization cause global warming?
- Why should recycling be mandatory?
- What are the pros and cons of alternative fuels?
- Why do we need to protect the rainforest?
- Should plastic bags be banned?
- How do microbes benefit human health?
- How can natural resources be conserved?
- What are the impacts of oil spills on marine life?
- Should palm oil be banned?
Health-Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Healthcare should be free of cost. Why?
- Why is obesity the major source of increasing death rates?
- Should restaurants display nutrition values on their menu cards?
- How can diabetes affect a person at work?
- Why is too much salt bad for you?
- Why should people care more about sleep?
- What are the effects of drinking too much soda?
- Is toothpaste actually healthy?
- Discuss the effects of diet pills and supplements.
- How do high drug prices affect patients?
These topics will help you write perfect persuasive or argumentative essays to impress your instructor.
Get Professional Help from a Persuasive Essay Writer
If you need more interesting persuasive paper topics, get professional essay writing help from a professional writer.
Due to a lack of resources, most students take help from a cheap and unreliable service. Such online scams provide you nothing but a low-quality essay. Thus, make sure you are choosing a professional service to get an A grade.
MyPerfectWords.com provides persuasive essay writing service that can help you with your academics.
By choosing our online essay writer , you don’t have to worry about getting zero plagiarism and an original essay. As soon as you make an initial payment, we will assign a subject specialist for your assignment.
Similarly, we offer all our services at budget-friendly rates. Remember, your first essay with us is absolutely free.
Our persuasive essay writer will not only assist in selecting a topic but will also compose your essay.
Thus, MyPerfectWords.com is the answer to your problems. Place your order now to get your essay in less time and effort.
Caleb S. (Literature, Marketing)
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay - Step by Step Guide
Learn How to Create a Persuasive Essay Outline
32 Persuasive Essay Examples to Help You Get Started
Read These Examples & Write Impressive Persuasive Essay About Gun Control
Write the Best Persuasive Essay About Covid19 With Examples & Tips
Crafting a Convincing Persuasive Essay About Abortion
Learn to Write Persuasive Essay About Business With Examples and Tips
Check Out 12 Persuasive Essay About Online Education Examples
Persuasive Essay About Smoking - Making a Powerful Argument with Examples
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
150 Best Persuasive Essay Topics to Write Your Paper
Are you looking for the best persuasive essay topics to write your paper? You've come to the right place! In this blog post, we'll explore the key differences between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay and give you some persuasive essay topics to get you started. Let's go deeper to find a good persuasive essay idea with paper writing service .
What is a Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing where you use logic and arguments to convince readers of your point of view, using solid evidence such as research, stating facts, examples, and quotes from experts. When writing a persuasive essay, you need to choose a topic that could be controversial or have different opinions on it.
There are three main parts to a persuasive essay:
The introduction: This is where you introduce your topic and give the reader an overview of your argument.
The body: This is where you present your evidence and make a case for your argument. You will need to use strong logical reasoning and convincing arguments.
The conclusion: This is where you tie everything together and summarize your argument.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay?
There are many different types of essays that students are required to write in school. These include argumentative, expository, compare and contrast, and narrative essays. However, one of the most challenging types of essays to write is a persuasive essay.
- Opt for an engaging topic. n order to write a persuasive essay, you must first choose a topic that you feel strongly about.
- Take a clear position on a given topic. Writing a persuasive essay requires choosing a specific side you are going to advocate for in your paper. Once you have chosen a topic, you will need to do some research on both sides of the issue. After you have done your research, you will need to decide what position you want to take on the issue.
- Do thorough research to identify the arguments you can use in your essay. Then, prioritize arguments according to their validity and value.
- Know your audience. Since the main purpose of this form of writing is to persuade readers, it is vital to know the audience you are writing for and understand their perspective—to create an effective paper.
- Use the most convincing and logical evidence. One tip is to start by brainstorming a list of reasons why someone should agree with your opinion. Once you have this list, try to find evidence from your research that supports each point.
- Make it engaging. Use a catchy hook in the introduction to grab your readers' attention, and try your best to keep them interested throughout the whole piece.
- Write a persuasive essay outline. Once you have gathered all of your evidence and decided how you want to present it, you can start writing your essay. The first step is always to create an outline of your ideas. This will help ensure that your essay flows smoothly and makes sense overall.
- Keep it clear and straight to the point. After your outline is complete, you can start filling in each section with more details from your research and personal thoughts.
You might also be interested in discovering how to write a persuasive essay
Difference Between a Persuasive Speech and a Persuasive Essay
A persuasive speech and a persuasive essay have different goals. A persuasive speech is given to convince the audience to do something, while a persuasive essay is meant to convince the reader to do something.
The key difference between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay is that, in a speech, the author has to persuade the audience to do something, while in an essay, the author only has to convince the reader. In other words, in a speech, the goal is to change people’s minds, while in an essay, the goal is to change people’s opinions.
Another difference is that, in a speech, the author has to be more emotional and use more rhetoric than in an essay. This is because in a speech, the author has to engage with the audience and make them feel something, while in an essay, the author can be more dispassionate and objective.
Finally, , in a speech, the author usually has less time to make their point than in an essay. This is because speeches are typically shorter than essays. Consequently, speeches tend to be more focused on one main point or argument than essays.
Get help from our dissertation service asap.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free :
Here are the key differences between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay:
- Audience. Obviously, by writing a speech, you intend to communicate with a live audience. Meanwhile, an essay addresses a reading audience.
- Tone. Due to the difference in audience, the tone of these two persuasive pieces is also different. A speech aims to generate a strong emotional effect. To create it, authors often use a particular diction full of grave, hopeful, or uplifting tones. An essay also relies on evoking emotions; however, in this case, a writer will fulfill this goal with the help of making the right points.
- Format. Most essays follow a standard format: introduction, body, and conclusion. A speech also generally follows the same structure. However, often speechwriters draw a separate conclusion from every point made in the body to ensure that the audience is on the same page as the speaker. You can read more about persuasive essay format in our special article.
- Presentation. A speech gives a speaker a wider range of tools to use during a presentation. Thus, when writing a speech, you can expect a speaker to further strengthen its effect with the help of eye contact, body language, intonation, gestures, etc. On the contrary, when writing an essay, the whole effect a piece makes depends on the word choice and the way you use them.
Components of a Persuasive Essay
Here we have compelled an extensive list of good persuasive essay topics divided into popular categories to help you get started with your paper. A good persuasive essay topic should be well-organized and follow a clear and logical structure. As a rule, the length of this essay is between 5-6 paragraphs. What are the components of a persuasive essay? This type of work follows the standard essay structure – that is, a catchy intro; the main body, which includes the main ideas, with arguments to support them; and a logical conclusion. Now, let's look at each of the three components closer:
- Introduction: An introduction is the opening paragraph of an essay. It is the first thing that gets presented to readers' eyes, which is why it has to be clear and attention-grabbing. Intro contains clear and concise thesis statement that states the main argument of the essay - a hook. Also, an introductory paragraph has to contain a strong thesis statement that reflects the main idea that you will be examining in the next part.
- Body: An essay's main body is its heart. As a rule, it consists of 3-4 paragraphs. Each paragraph reflects a specific point and provides supporting evidence for it. In a persuasive essay, it should contain evidence to support the thesis statement - data, statistics, examples, or testimony from experts.
- Conclusion: The closing part of your essay is used, to sum up the key ideas discussed in its main body and connects them to the thesis statement in the introduction. In persuasive writing, the conclusion is used to strengthen the persuasive effect of the whole piece. It should also have a call to action for the reader to do something or believe something as a result of reading the essay.
It is also worth carefully reading the article on how to write an expository essay , in which you can find new and useful information.
Persuasive Essay Topics
When it comes to choosing a topic for your persuasive essay, you should always opt for a topic that you are passionate about. If you don't care about the subject, it will be very difficult to persuade someone else to care about it.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a topic for your persuasive essay.
- The topic is engaging. Make sure that it is something that can be argued. There is no point in trying to persuade someone of something that is not debatable.
- You have an opinion about it. In order to persuade readers of something, you need to define your position first. Thus, it is vital to pick a persuasive topic you have an opinion about.
- You have reliable sources. Make sure that you have access to reliable sources of information on the topic. If you don't have any evidence to support your position, it will be very difficult to convince anyone of anything.
- It is controversial. Obviously, there should be two sides to the argument in order to have something to convince your audience about. Thus, you need to pick a topic you can examine both sides of.
- The topic is manageable. Finally, a perfect persuasive topic is one for which there are enough arguments to provide. Therefore, before you stop on a specific topic, be sure to conduct enough research to see if you can find sufficient supporting evidence for your ideas.
- The topic is relevant to the readers. If you are writing for an English class, it might not be appropriate to write about politics, for example.
Following these tips, you can generate brilliant persuasive essays for college and school with ease. Need some extra prompts to get started? In the list below, we have included some of the most relevant and interesting persuasive speech topics—divided into categories:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- I Should Be Allowed to Go to Bed Later
- I Should Be Allowed to Have a Pet
- I Should Be Allowed to Eat Sweets Every Day
- Dogs Are Better Pets than Cats
- Superheroes Are Real
- Vegetables Should Not Be Eaten Regularly
- I Should Be Allowed to Stay Home Alone
- How Do Violent Video Games Influence My Behavior?
- I Should Be Allowed to Play Video Games as Much as I Want
- Why Should I learn Foreign Language?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Schools Should Cancel Dress Codes
- Do ZOOs protect animals?
- Elementary Students Should Be Allowed to Bring Their Pets to School
- Students Should Be Allowed to Use Cellphones in School
- The School Day Should Be Shortened
- Why School Breaks Need to Be Longer
- All Classrooms Should Have a TV
- We Need to Have Longer Summer Holidays
- Schools Should Have Play Time in Between Classes
- Every Classroom Should Have a Pet
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- The Best Vacation Destinations
- Does a Home Environment Influence Pupils' Academic Performances?
- Should There Be Harsher Punishments for Bullying?
- Is Less Homework Really a Good Idea?
- The Pros and Cons of Summer Schooling
- Field Trips Should Be Organized Every Week
- The Impact of Violent TV Shows on the Population
- The Role of Social Media on the Lives of Younger Generations
- Are Professional Sports Good For Our Health?
- Should Students Be Held in Detention?
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- College Education: Is it Still a Necessity?
- Should Students Take a Gap Year After High School?
- Cyber Bullying Is a Big Issue in High School
- Students Should Be Allowed to Wear Whatever Clothing They Wish
- The Current Grading System Is Irrelevant in the Modern World: Grades Don't Reflect Students' Knowledge
- Should the Voting Age Be Lowered?
- Should a Celebrity's Personal Life Be Disclosed the to Public?
- Couples Expecting a Baby Should Receive Lessons about Parenting
- Sex Education Should Be Available in Schools
- Why Is Financial Literacy Important to Study?
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- Standardized Examinations Should Be Banned
- Are Student Loans a Good or Bad Thing?
- Drug and Alcohol Consumption on Campus: an Experiment or a Real Problem?
- Are Relationships Built in College Long-Lasting?
- Students Should Not Be Allowed to Bring Children to College Classes
- The Negative Impact of Fraternities on Students' Performance and Behavior
- Technological World Makes Us Spending Too Much Screen Time
- College Athletes Should Have More Benefits in their Academic Lives
- Most University Programs Are Already Outdated and Irrelevant to the Modern World
- Accommodation on Campus Should Be Free of Charge
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
- Celebrities Should Not Be Role Models for Teenagers
- Obsession with Dieting Can Lead to Various Eating Disorders and Health Problems
- School Uniforms Should Be Obligatory
- The friendship Between Women and Men Can Be Just That
- Vegetarianism Is Not a Healthy Lifestyle
- Democracy Is the Most Reasonable Government System To-date
- GMO Foods Are Not as Dangerous as We Have Believed
- Horror Movies Can Negatively Affect Mental Health
- Are Genetically Modified Foods Safe?
- Alcohol Consumption Not Only Negatively Affects Health, But Also Other Spheres of Life
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Investing in Space Exploration Has the Potential to Improve Life on Earth
- The Moral Issue of Cloning
- The Pros of Genetic Engineering and How It Can Influence the World
- Colleges Should Invest More in Scientific Programs
- How Do New Scientific Findings Influence Our Daily Lives?
- Are New Technologies Safe for Our Health?
- Conducting Scientific Research on Animals Should Be Prohibited
- The Science Behind the Curing Effect of Medical Marijuana
- Genetically Modified Food: Is It Good or Bad for Us?
- Why Everyone Should Study Science
Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- Home Schooling Is the Best Alternative to Regular Schooling
- Students Should Have Nine Months of Holidays and Only Three Months of Studies
- Engaging in Sports Is a Good Way to Change Your Life
- Lying Is an Important Part of a Healthy Relationship
- Aliens Are Real
- Keeping a Journal Is a Fun Way to Cope with Stress
- Colleges Should Have Medical Rooms to Help Students Combat Stress and Depression
- Video Games Can Teach You Vital Life Skills
- Owning a Pet Is a Way To Become Happier
- Renting a House Is Better Than Buying One
Most Controversial Topics
- Abortion: Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
- Is There Still a Place for Racial Profiling in the Modern World?
- We Should Legalize Euthanasia for Terminally Ill Patients
- Higher Education Should Be Free for Everyone
- Is Donald Trump's Presidency a Bad or a Good Thing for the US and the Rest of the World?
- Same-Sex Couples Should Be Able to Marry
- Death Penalties: Is There Place for Them in the 21st Century?
- Benefits of the Legalization of Medical Marijuana
- The World Could Be a Better Place Without Organized Religion
- Technology Brings More Harm than Good
Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- Current Environmental Laws Fail to Prevent Human Encroachment and Habitat Destruction
- Why Countries Should Invest Significantly in Environmental Conservation Programs
- Plant and Animal Lives Are Endangered Due to Human Encroachment
- Global Warming Is Real
- Developed Worlds Are the Main Cause of Global Warming
- Current Farming Methods Need to Be Adjusted to Stop Environmental Degradation
- Vegetarianism Has a Preferable Impact on the Environment
- Industrial Waste and Farming Chemicals Are the Biggest Polluters of Air and Water
- Pollution in Cities Is Caused by Overpopulation
- We Need to Conserve Our Global Resources
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics About Music
- Music Is a Powerful Cure for Psychological Problems
- Hard Rock Negatively Influences Teens' Behaviour
- Music Can Be Found in Nature if You Listen Carefully
- Billie Eilish Is Not a Typical Teenage Pop-Star
- Music Positively Affects the Human Brain
- Celtic Music Has a Soothing Effect
- Most of the Music in the 21st Century Is Simply Commercial, Not Art
- Rap Music Provokes Violence
- Classical Music Can Ensure a Better Pregnancy
- Music Helps College Students Have Better Academic Performance
Immigration Persuasive Essay Topics
- Illegal Immigration Is a Pressing Issue in Rich Countries
- People Born within a Specific Country's Borders Should Always Be Given Citizenship
- Policies Regarding Illegal Immigration Should Be More Strict
- An Increase in Border Security Should Prevent Illegal Immigration
- Poverty Is the Primary Reason for Illegal Immigration
- Most of the Time, Sending Illegal Immigrants Back to Their Countries Is Pointless
- High Rates of Illegal Immigration Can Promote Prostitution
- High Rates of Illegal Immigration Are among the Biggest Triggers of Terrorism
- Lowering the Costs of Immigration Can Prevent Illegal Immigration
- Refuge Seekers Should Not Be Considered Illegal Immigrants
Persuasive Speech Ideas About Medicine
- Health Care Should Be Free for Everyone
- Finding a Universal Cure to AIDS Is Possible
- Art Can Be a Powerful Therapy for Many Health Issues
- Alternative Medicine: Pros and Cons
- The Negative Effects of a Concussion
- Is Coronavirus as Dangerous as the Media Portrays?
- Are E-Cigarettes Safer Than Tobacco?
- Can 3D Printing Benefit Medicine?
- Nanotechnology Can Help Treat Cancer
- How Can Stem Cells Be Used to Cut Death Rates Among Heart Attack Patients?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Girls Should Be Encouraged to Participate in Sports while Studying as Much as Boys
- College Athletes Should Get Paid
- Women Should Be Allowed to Compete Against Men in Sports
- Hosting the Olympic Games Benefits Countries in Terms of its Economic and Social Impact
- The Coverage of Women Athletes in the Media Is Still Sexist
- Some Kinds of Sports Can Promote Violent Behaviors
- An Athlete's Mental Health Is Greatly Affected by Injuries
- Eating Disorders Are a Common Problem among Athletes
- Colleges and Schools Should Place a Larger Emphasis on Physical Education
- Sports Can Provide Relaxing and Soothing Effects on the Body and Mind
Good Persuasive Speech Topics for Arts
- The Role of Art in the Development of Our World
- Art Therapy Helps Treat Mental Issues
- Students Engaged in Arts Perform Better Academically
- Digital Art Lacks Soul, Unlike Regular Art
- Everyone Should Take Art Classes in School
- Is Art Really Necessary?
- How Does Kids' Art Reflect Their Inner Fears?
- The Purpose of Art
- How Did the Image of Woman in Art Change throughout the Centuries?
- Ancient Greece Is the Place Where Most Branches of Art Were Born
To buy persuasive essay just leave a notice to our service and get online essay writer you need. If you are still unsure how to handle persuasive writing assignments, ask for the help of expert writers and forget about the eternal question: "How to do my homework ?" Our professionals will help you ease your academic burden and improve your grades.
Get Pro Writing Help with Persuasive Essay Ideas and Boost Your Grades!
Hopefully , this guide will help you discover good topics for a persuasive speech or persuasive essay ideas and write a top-notch paper. Looking for more advice or professional writing help?
Get Pro Writing Help and Boost Your Grades!
Hopefully this guide will help you discover good topics for a persuasive speech or essay and write a top-notch paper. Looking for more advice or professional writing help?
- Words with Friends Cheat
- Wordle Solver
- Word Unscrambler
- Scrabble Dictionary
- Anagram Solver
- Wordscapes Answers
Make Our Dictionary Yours
Sign up for our weekly newsletters and get:
- Grammar and writing tips
- Fun language articles
- #WordOfTheDay and quizzes
We'll see you in your inbox soon.
120+ Good Persuasive Essay Topics From Easy to Unique
- DESCRIPTION Book icon With Persuasive Essay Topics Examples
- SOURCE redchocolatte / iStock / Getty Images Plus
- PERMISSION Used under Getty Images license
Writing a persuasive essay helps refine critical thinking skills. As a writer addresses counterarguments and finds evidence to support their position, they develop a strong argument style. Find the perfect persuasive essay prompt with a list of more than 120 ideas.
Easy Persuasive Essay Ideas
Persuasive essays require the writer to convince the reader to see an issue from their side. These topics don’t involve much research, which makes them great for elementary school or as quick persuasive writing assignments for older students.
Persuasive Essay Topics About School
Students are experts on school – especially when it comes to their opinions about school. These persuasive topics about school are great for expressing views about dress codes, bullying, and school schedules.
- What should the punishment for cheating be?
- Should students be allowed to have phones at school?
- What’s the most interesting subject to learn?
- Should homework be required?
- Does your school handle bullying well?
- Are dress codes a good idea for schools?
- Is the school day too long?
- Should students get to choose what they study?
- What school rule would you change?
- Is it a good idea for friends to sit together in class?
- Does school start too early?
- Should students take a self-defense class?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Food
It’s easy to form an opinion on food but not as easy to convince others to agree with it. Try these persuasive prompts that range from junk food to healthy eating.
- What’s better: pizza or hot dogs?
- Should kids learn how to cook their own food?
- Is it more fun to eat in a restaurant or at home?
- What is the best dessert?
- Should healthy food cost less than junk food?
- Is eating meat a good idea?
- Is it better to snack all day or have three set meals?
- Should sugary drinks be allowed at school?
- Should kids have to eat foods they don’t like?
- What is the best food to serve at a party?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
People care a lot about animals. Whether it comes to their favorite animals or where animals should be allowed to go, they’ve got something to say. See if these topics interest you enough to write a persuasive essay.
- If you want an animal to train, what is the best animal to pick?
- Should it be okay to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should pets be allowed in school?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- What animal makes the worst pet?
- Are big dogs better than small dogs?
- Should you adopt your pet from an animal shelter?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports and Activities
What’s the best sport? Is it more fun to play or watch an activity? Sports is another area in which people have strong opinions. Check out these sports-themed persuasive writing prompts for your next essay.
- Who is the best athlete in the world?
- What is the easiest hobby to learn?
- What is the best sport to play?
- Should girls be allowed to play on boys’ sports teams?
- Are team sports better than individual sports?
- Is it more fun to play sports or watch them?
- Are summer sports better than winter sports?
- Should students have to stop playing a sport if their grades aren’t high enough?
- Are professional athletes paid too much?
- What’s the best activity to do on a rainy day?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Entertainment
The world of movies, books, and music is an engaging place to be. But what’s the best – and worst – of the entertainment world? Some possible essay topics include:
- What’s the best music to listen to when you’re sad?
- Should music and movies be free?
- Are good guys or bad guys more interesting?
- What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Are reality shows better than other shows?
- What is the best book ever written?
- Are scary movies enjoyable to watch?
- Are comedies better than action movies?
- What is the best superpower to have?
- Should audience members be able to film live concerts?
- Is it better to see a movie in the theater or stream it at home?
Challenging Persuasive Essay Ideas
Forming an argument about a more complex issue can be challenging. It involves backing up your stance with evidence while expressing yourself in a convincing way. The following persuasive essay prompts pose questions about politics, education, health, and more.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Social Issues
You probably hear arguments about modern social issues every day. Examine crime and punishment, the consequences of social media, overpopulation policies, and more with these topics on social issues.
- Should wealthy people pay more taxes?
- Are teenagers more impolite than other generations?
- Are people with mental illnesses treated fairly by society?
- Is social media beneficial or harmful?
- Do violent video games make people more violent?
- Is capital punishment ethical?
- Should we give money to homeless people?
- Should countries use a military draft?
- If countries are overpopulated, should the government be able to limit the number of children in each family?
- Are drunk drivers punished appropriately?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Education
Writing about issues in one’s school is less complex than writing about the educational system as a whole. See if these persuasive prompts about education inspire you to write about free college, grading systems, school choice, and online learning, among others.
- How much should parents be involved in their children’s education?
- Should families be able to choose the schools that their children attend?
- Is classroom learning better than online learning?
- Which is better: year-round school or summer vacation ?
- Should teachers use social media to communicate with their students?
- Do students deserve the same rights as adults?
- Should college be free?
- Which is better: letter grading systems or pass/fail?
- Should students have to learn sex education in school?
- Is having a college education required to have a good career?
- Should schools have security guards?
- Are tests the best way to see what students are learning?
Persuasive Essay Topics About History and Government
Perfect for social studies papers, these persuasive topics ask students to consider government policies in the past and present. Some questions may not be as straightforward as they seem.
- Was early European exploration a good thing or a harmful thing?
- Was America’s use of the atomic bomb in World War II necessary?
- Should companies be allowed to donate to political candidates?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Should children who are born in another country have citizenship there?
- Are there limits to the freedom of speech?
- Should members of Congress receive a salary during government shutdowns?
- If a felon has completed their sentences, should they be allowed to vote?
- What is the most unjust law in the country?
- Is America the most powerful country in the world?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Science and Technology
The ever-changing world of science and technology brings lots of practical and ethical questions. See what you think about animal testing, genetic engineering, and climate change with these thought-provoking persuasive prompts.
- Should America fund another trip to the moon?
- Is too much screen time harmful to children?
- Is climate change real?
- Should companies be allowed to create pollution if they’re making goods that benefit society?
- What is the most important scientific breakthrough of your lifetime?
- Is it okay for companies to sell their customers’ information?
- Should the government spend time and resources on renewable energy?
- Are clinical trials that use placebos ethical?
- Is animal testing ethical?
- Should parents be able to choose their babies’ traits before they’re born?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Health and Nutrition
Public health is an important issue in any society. But how much should the government be involved? Express your opinion with the following prompts:
- Should schools sell only healthy food?
- Is legalizing marijuana a good idea?
- Should parents be required to vaccinate their children?
- Should doctors and teachers screen teenagers for depression?
- Are genetically modified foods safe?
- Should physical education be required in schools?
- Should schools be allowed to drug test students whenever they want? What about companies and their employees?
- Are professional sports too dangerous?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- How could you convince someone to be more physically active?
- Should healthy people pay less for healthcare?
Unique Persuasive Essay Ideas
If none of the above topics appeal to you, see if these prompts would make an interesting persuasive essay. Remember to choose an issue you care about and one that you can back up with additional information.
- How much should the public know about a celebrity’s personal life?
- Is there ever a good reason for war?
- Is it ethical to train dogs as service animals?
- Is it better to listen to music while working, or to work in silence?
- What is the best career to have?
- Do zoos protect animals or exploit them?
- Is it better to be 2, 12, 22, or 32?
- Should people be allowed to clone themselves?
- What is the worst season?
- Is it better to be a morning person or a night person?
- Is loving your job more important than making a lot of money?
- What is the most important crop to the modern economy?
- Should you make new friends as you get older or focus on keeping the friends you have?
- If aliens came to Earth, should we befriend them?
- Is print news still important in a technological world?
- Is it better to be rich and alone or poor and have friends?
- Should parents teach their children old-fashioned manners?
- Is life better than it was 50 years ago?
- How would you convince your mayor to build a skate park?
Writing a Convincing Argument
Choosing an easy, challenging, or unique topic is the easy part. When you’re ready to build an argument, you’ll need to gather evidence, consider counterarguments, and draft your essay. Check out a template for a basic argumentative or persuasive essay , complete with a sample outline PDF.
227 Amazing College Persuasive Essay Topics [Free Ideas]
Ever wondered what a persuasive essay is? Are you struggling to differentiate it from an argumentative one? Do you think it’s impossible to find original persuasive speech topics for college students?
If you have answered yes to any question, you’ve come to the right place. Our team can help you!
A persuasive essay is a piece of academic writing that convinces readers to accept the author’s position and agree with their ideas. Through clear arguments and examples, the writer demonstrates the legitimacy of their point of view.
Below, we have provided a list of the most interesting and unique college persuasive essay topics. So, don’t waste any more of your time searching for the right title. Use our ideas and create an outstanding persuasive essay!
- 👉 How to Choose?
- ✨ Best Speech Topics
- 🎓 Ideas on Education
- 📜 Topics on History
- ⚖ Ideas on Politics
- 👍 Topics on Sociology
- 💰 Ideas on Economics
- 🚌 Transportation
- 🌿 Environment
- ⚙ Technology
- 🌍 Traveling
- ✌ Lifestyle
- 🏫 Teenagers
- 📚 Literature
- 🖐 25 More Topics
👉 How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic for College?
The main secret of the successful persuasive essay is a compelling topic. Therefore, when choosing the right persuasive topic, follow these few simple pieces of advice:
- Re-read the assignment . The task that you’ve received from your tutor can be of great assistance. You just have to read it correctly. Unfortunately, college students tend to underestimate the power of the question. Don’t make this mistake. Read your assignment carefully because it can provide clues on the topic to look for.
- Brainstorm ideas. Before writing any paper, college students have to research. It will ensure the argumentative part of the persuasive essay. To understand what to examine, have an ideation session, and consider a variety of ideas. Picking the most appropriate one, you’ll see where to start your research. Try to find as many topics as you can. Free college essays collection is a good place to check out as a part of your session. You’ll be able to see what topics are already covered, and what you can expand upon. It will make your investigation and writing processes easier!
- Don’t pick an idea if it’s too broad . You may think that in this case, you’ll have plenty of things to argue about. Well, maybe a bit too many. In your essay, you should cover an entire topic so that it sounds convincing. When the idea is too broad, you can’t fit every argument in one paper. So, specify your title. For instance, you want to persuade your readers to stay healthy. Then don’t investigate all the aspects of maintaining health. Focus on one specific issue. For example, explore the positive influence of sport on the general health condition of a human being.
- Ensure that you have credible sources. In some colleges, even the smallest essays may require a list of references. Thus, make sure you have materials to research and later list as your sources. Remember: Good persuasive paper topics for college have to offer a wide variety of sources to investigate. So, if you are not confident in your materials, better change the title. It will prevent you from a lack of evidence to support your arguments.
- Choose a topic of personal interest. We’re not compelling you to write something that you enjoy when it contradicts the assignment. But try to select an idea that doesn’t bore you from reading it out loud. It is always more pleasurable to write on a topic you are passionate about. Don’t miss your chance to make turn your essay writing process into an exciting activity.
- Select something you have an opinion about, but open to debate. Your tutors can disagree with your position. Nevertheless, it is not a reason to give up. It’s the right time to show your critical thinking skills. State your position clearly and provide convincing arguments to support it. Show your readers that you can change your position if you see some compelling data. It can give you some extra credit. The best persuasion topics for college create an environment for debates and discussions.
- Be unique! In colleges, the amount of papers done daily is enormous. Don’t make your professors read about the importance of waste sorting, for example, yet again. The topic of environmental protection is undoubtedly extremely significant. However: It is way too overused. The professors are tired of reading essays on the same issues again and again. Surprise them and stand out.
✨ 12 Best Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- How important is mental health?
- Is online school more effective?
- Are GMO products good?
- Is social media dangerous?
- What’s wrong with the education system?
- Does recycling work?
- Is veganism bad for the environment?
- Should foreign policy be feminist?
- Is marriage an obsolete institution?
- Can protests and demonstrations bring change?
- Can alternative medicine actually work?
- Is modern advertising unethical?
🔑 Essential College Persuasive Essay Topics
We bet, every college student at least once had an assignment to write a persuasive essay. Haven’t you had yet? The best is yet to come! Thus, you have to be prepared to face all the challenges of a persuasive essay composing.
Searching for interesting persuasive essay topics is a complicated issue. However, you don’t have to worry about it. Our team of experts gathered the most popular and effective ideas in one place.
Don’t stress out about the topic:
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics for college students. We divided our ideas into sections so that you can find the most appropriate one. So, you can easily navigate throughout our page for a more effective search.
🎓 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Education
- An educational system should encourage creativity .
- Student diversity should be present in a school classroom .
- Why should college students care about their mental and physical health?
- Why should we stop girls’ discrimination in the modern educational system?
- Why should computer science programs be taught in colleges and universities?
- Why should parents take part in their children’s education?
- Why reading performance of students with learning disabilities should be improved?
- Studying abroad results in better education.
- Homework does not help in the learning process.
- The costs of higher education should be reduced.
- A grade does not show a student’s knowledge.
- The Internet overuse blocks the mental development of a modern teenager.
- Education should not depend on technologies.
- Essay writing develops the critical thinking skills of students.
- Foreign language learning should be mandatory in school . Conduct research on how foreign languages influence children and teenagers. What are the positive sides of such education? Then, persuade your readers that foreign languages are essential in the school core curriculum.
- Art classes should be a priority in middle school . Elaborate on the importance of the development of the sense of art for children and teenagers. Why should art classes be higher in the list of priorities than technical or science courses? How can the right perception of art help pupils in future life?
- The core curriculum of the high school should not be too broad. Why do we have to narrow down our focus in high school? Explain how teenagers will benefit from studying particular subjects instead of getting general knowledge. Convince your readers about the importance of focusing on a specific field in high school.
- A gap year before entering the university is beneficial. Give persuading evidence why students should take a gap year. What are the advantages? Make your readers debate whether a gap year is worth considering. Finally, convince them that it is worth it.
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in school. State your position regarding the usage of smartphones during the learning process. What adverse ramifications do the mobile phones have on the academic results of pupils? Persuade your readers to prohibit phone usage in school.
- Traditional education is more effective than remote learning . How the benefits of the conventional way of learning outweigh the advantages of remote education? Compare the aspects of remote learning for different age groups: 1st grade age, 6th grade age, and a college student.
📜 College Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- The American Revolution was a turning point in USA history.
- The year 1763 is crucial in US history.
- The media played a crucial role in promoting the Vietnam War .
- We shouldn’t underestimate the significance of African-American social reform.
- Technological advancement of the 17th century was a new era in world history.
- Without Enlightenment and Romantic Age , the European culture wouldn’t be so progressive nowadays.
- People should’ve stopped the propaganda of Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones before the intensive development.
- The historical influence of Abraham Lincoln should become a role model for modern political figures.
- Americans should have abolished slavery in the United States way earlier.
- The four voyages by Christopher Columbus are crucial in the progress of world history.
- Cultural exchanges in the medieval period significantly impacted the civilizations.
- Protestant reformation was the most influential Christian movement.
- Japanese women in the Middle Ages should have been more powerful.
- The world war should never happen again.
- The age of exploration . Who are the key figures? How did they impact world history formation? Convince your readers of the importance of the age of exploration.
- The Mayan calendar system did not predict the end of the world . Investigate the Mayan calendar system. What is your explanation of the fact that the calendar system ended in the year 2012? Persuade your readers that the suggestions about the end of the world in 2012 are false.
- Racial discrimination in America violated human rights to a great extend . Give a brief overview of racial discrimination in the USA. Persuade the readers to perceive racial discrimination as an act of human rights violation.
- Apollo 11 – the first spaceflight that landed people on the Moon . Discuss the importance of this event. Convince your readers about the significance of the Moon exploration.
- History studying should become the top priority for students. The knowledge of history may help to prevent mistakes from the past. So, persuade your readers to explore historical events.
- Holocaust should not be justified and denied . What are the horrible consequences of holocaust tragedy? Analyze an opinion regarding the denial of the holocaust. Persuade the readers not to support this idea.
⚖ College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Politics
- Civil rights of black Americans should not be limited.
- Migration should not be restricted because it has certain benefits to modern countries .
- In the battle of socialism vs. democracy , the second one should win.
- Nationalism in international relations should be accepted.
- E-government should become transparent and accountable for the citizens .
- Celebrities should stay aside from political activities.
- The laws for each state of America should become common.
- A voting system should be transparent.
- Ordinary people should not be allowed to own guns.
- The federal tax return process should become more manageable.
- Individual rights versus the common good . Express your position regarding the issue. What do you support: individual rights or common good? Persuade the readers to follow your ideas.
- Gay marriage should be allowed . If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments. Exclude harsh comments and offensive language from the narrative.
- The death penalty cannot be justified . Why do you think so? Give clear arguments to support your opinion. If you believe that the death penalty is justifiable, prove your position.
- Electronic voting in the United States should not be banned . Present the positive sides of this way of voting and convince the readers in your rightness. Don’t you agree with this opinion? Then, provide counterarguments.
- Abortion should be legal . Provide clear arguments to express your position. Or provide counterarguments to contradict the idea of abortion legalization.
👍 College Persuasive Essay Topics on Sociology
- Community services should be provided for mentally disabled people .
- Equality and diversity are the main social issues .
- Interpersonal communication skills are crucial in modern society.
- Gender inequalities in the 21st century should be overcome .
- Should the Canadian government legalize prostitution?
- Max Weber’s rationality theory should be accepted by society .
- China should take specific steps to overcome the overpopulation problem .
- Gender stereotypes in a family should be dismantled.
- Abusive relationships in a family should not be hidden.
- Implementing more tough punishments on the lawbreakers should reduce the crime rates of the USA.
- Does family promote or limit mobility? Choose one side of the issue and provide clear arguments to support your ideas.
- Divorce has negative effects on children . Do you agree with this statement? Convince the readers to accept your point of view by stating your position clearly and powerfully.
- Birth control should be monitored on a governmental level. Express your opinion regarding birth control in modern society. Conduct a study on the cultural, religious, and political aspects of the birth control issue.
- Is there the right age to get married? Decide if there are any age suggestions to create a family or no? Support your choice with bright ideas and appropriate examples.
- To resolve the conflict, we need to know the nature of the conflict . Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Provide strong arguments to make people believe in your point of view. How do you think psychology works while resolving the conflict?
💰 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Economics
- Competing theories are the core of economic development.
- We have to consider John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas nowadays.
- Demand and supply correlation in the market matters a lot.
- Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” concept can improve modern economics .
- If we want to stabilize the economy, we have to implement the monetary policy .
- Should big banks be broken up?
- We should consider the relationship between money supply and inflation while preventing the high level of inflation.
- We shouldn’t take the Keynesian explanation of the recession too seriously.
- Industrialization plays a significant role in economic development.
- Small business owners should receive financial support during the period of crisis.
- The governments should reduce monopoly power.
- The role of understanding the goals of human resource management in the context of human capital theory . Explain the significance of effective HR management for a business flourishing. Persuade your readers to invest enough resources in human capital.
- Exchange regimes have a significant impact on macroeconomic performance . Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide well-developed arguments to prove your point of view. Persuade your readers to accept your position.
- Consumer behavior is different in every country. If you agree, develop this idea by providing strong arguments. If you don’t, state your position. Either way, support your arguments with supporting evidence. Make your readers follow your opinion.
- The understanding of the basic concepts of economics is essential for every person . Explain how the knowledge of economics can help people to manage their money wisely. How to survive during the crisis? How to lead a business successfully, etc. Persuade your readers to study the basics of economics.
💡 Interesting College Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you already impressed with a diversity of topics our team collected for you? But don’t think that’s all we have to offer for you. Since our mission is to help you, we have more persuasive essay ideas for college to share.
Below, you can find more fascinating ideas for your assignments. For your convenience, we divided persuasive essay topics for college into several sections. Investigate our ideas and don’t hesitate to use them.
🚌 Transportation Persuasive Essay Topics
- Planes should newer take off if weather conditions are inappropriate .
- Never drive a car if you are under the alcohol or drug effect .
- Hybrid cars are environmentally friendly, so they should become the future of the transportation industry .
- Why should people study driving?
- The usage of alternative energy resources should reshape the global transportation infrastructure .
- The governments should invest enough money in public transport advancement .
- Cars usage should be regulated .
- A school bus should be checked at least once a month to ensure the safety of pupils.
- The reserves of petroleum should be replenished to provide a proper transportation industry operation.
- The shipping of essential goods during the state of emergency (quarantine, dangerous natural conditions, etc.) should be free.
- We should use public transport instead of private cars to save the environment.
- Hybrid engine vs. standard engine . Examine the positive and negative aspects of both of them. Which one would you prefer? Persuade your readers to support your opinion by giving clear arguments.
- Information technology influences the logistics industry to a great extent . Provide appropriate examples of the IT impact on logistics. Convince your readers of the importance of your opinion.
- The role of transportation in the development of tourism . Prove your audience that transportation progress has a direct impact on tourism opportunities.
- We have to reduce the use of crude oil in the transportation industry . What are the possible adverse ramifications of such oil usage? Persuade your readers to limit applying this type of fuel. If you don’t agree with the idea, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments.
🌿 Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- The government should control the overpopulation to prevent consequences for the environment .
- Human activity should be limited to preserve biodiversity .
- We have to examine an ecologically sustainable approach .
- Alternative energy sources are essential for saving the planet .
- We should try our best to live a zero-waste lifestyle .
- Saving endangered species must be a top priority issue for environmental organizations.
- Solar energy can save the environment.
- Hunting sports should be banned because they harm biodiversity.
- The conservation of global resources is necessary for maintaining the lifecycle of the planet.
- Waste sorting should be mandatory all around the world.
- Stopping deforestation will prevent the loss of natural habitat for animals.
- Tourism negatively affects wildlife. Comment no the negative consequences of traveling on nature. If you believe that tourism does not harm wildlife, provide counterarguments to claim your position.
- Farming has to be wise. Explain how intensive farming damages nature. Convince your readers about the importance of following the farming rules. They can help to prevent intensive farming’s adverse ramifications.
- The Prime Days on Amazon should be banned . Explain how the incredibly low prices on items during the Prime Days result in extremely high costs for the environment. Persuade your readers to resist the desire to buy unnecessary goods from Amazon.
- Without rainforests, our planet will suffocate . Prove the significance of the preservation of the rainforests for the environment.
⚙ Technology Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Globalization influences computer technologies to a great extent .
- The government should implement Internet censorship .
- Cloud computing is an innovative era in computer science .
- Cyberbullying should be controlled to prevent a negative influence on youth .
- Dependency on computers is a considerable threat to human well-being .
- Data and information security should be a top concern of every internet user .
- Investing money in developing information technology systems is profitable for companies.
- The internet blocks the development of human intelligence.
- To prevent the development of serious illnesses, we should use genetic technology.
- Technological advancement should focus on the improvement of the health sector.
- We have to use technology wisely to make people smarter.
- A scientific revolution started the technological advancement. Convince your readers about the importance of the scientific revolution in technological development. If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion, providing counterarguments.
- E-books or audiobooks will never replace paper books. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? State your position clearly and make your readers accept it.
- Nowadays, society is too dependent on computer technologies . Comment on its negative and positive sides in the life of modern people. Persuade the readers not to overuse technology in everyday life.
- Technology and science complement each other. Provide clear arguments to prove this idea or counterarguments to disprove it.
😃 Easy College Persuasive Topics
Do you think that persuasive essays have to cover only serious or global issues? Do you feel as if you have to be overwhelmed with the complexity of the subject? You are mistaken. A paper won’t become less successful if it explores even everyday life topics.
We prepared the next section of the article for you. Here you can find simple persuasive essay ideas for college students. Select a fascinating topic and compose an outstanding essay.
🎶 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Music
- Music has a significant impact on culture .
- Music preferences depend on personality type .
- Music can influence our behavior .
- Songs with lyrics that promote violent behavior should be banned.
- A musician is not just a job; it is a vocation.
- Medical workers should investigate the positive effect of music on mental illnesses’ treatment.
- Music can be helpful in the learning process.
- Good song lyrics can inspire people . Provide a sample of inspiring verses. How can it motivate listeners? Persuade the readers to pay attention to the song lyrics while listening to music.
- A guitar is always a good idea for friendly gatherings . Prove to your readers that several songs played on a guitar can create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- Rap reflects violence. This is a generally accepted opinion. Do you agree or disagree with it? Prove your point of view by providing well-developed arguments.
🌍 Persuasive Topics for College on Traveling
- While traveling, health and safety issues should be a top priority .
- Tourism should be sustainable .
- A trip to India will make you see the world from the other side.
- Summer will become more memorable and fascinating if you travel.
- Traveling broadens people’s minds.
- Traveling with family or friends is an essential part of a happy life.
- Spending a holiday on a trip is always more pleasurable than in front of a TV or computer.
- Every person should visit Europe at least once in life. Explain why Europe is a must-see destination for every tourist.
- People should travel as much as they want. Persuade people not to resist the desire to explore new places by listing the advantages of traveling.
- Traveling is affordable for everyone. Persuade people to visit various countries, even with a limited budget.
✌ Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Lifestyle
- Parents should be responsible for their children’s obesity .
- Proper nutrition and positive behavior prevent cancer .
- A healthy lifestyle prevents aging .
- Weight management programs and hypnotherapy are useful in maintaining good shape and a healthy organism .
- An active way of life should replace a sedentary lifestyle to prevent heart diseases.
- You should plan your weight loss process wisely.
- Well-balanced nutrition is a way to a healthy and beautiful body.
- Regular yoga and fitness will help you to maintain mental and physical wellness.
- Regular physical activities and enough sleep can help students to study better.
- Media influences the development of eating disorders . Explain the mechanisms media’s effect on eating disorders. Persuade your readers to pay enough attention to the information on social media.
📺 Persuasive Topics for College about Media
- The role of mass media in modern society shouldn’t be underestimated .
- Media affects the way people look at society .
- TV shows have a negative influence on children .
- Parents should control the effects of mass media advertising on teenagers .
- Professional psychologists should review every cartoon before being released on television.
- The information on the internet should be filtered to avoid the spreading of fake news.
- Censorship is a must-have for modern television.
- Old cartoons are more insightful than modern ones. Compare and contrast old and new animated films. Prove the usefulness of old ones. Convince the audience to make their children familiar with old cartoons.
- Social media develops an inferiority complex among teenagers . How pictures of luxurious life in social networking sites influence adolescents’ self-esteem? Persuade the readers to filter the information seen in social media.
- Mass media in the 1950s was more ethical than contemporary mass media. Analyze the ethical issues that are present in modern media. Why is following the ethical rules while sharing the information through the mass media vital?
🏫 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College on Teens
- Both abstinence and sex education should be taught in high schools .
- Professional psychologists or psychiatrists should treat anxiety disorders in children and adolescents .
- Cheating in schools should be strictly punished.
- Understanding teen depression is a crucial step in overcoming it.
- The federal government should enact anti-bullying laws .
- Bullying in school should be the main issue to deal with for the headteacher.
- The teenage period requires constant monitoring of children’s behavior by parents and teachers.
- Parents should have access to teenagers’ academic results.
- The mental health of teens is precarious. Convince the readers to monitor and maintain adolescents’ mental health.
- Parents should control social media usage by teenagers. Why should parents monitor the social networking accounts of their children? Explain why it is useful to teach teens how to behave on social media.
📚 Persuasive Topics for College on Literature
- Literature studying should be mandatory in schools.
- Literature teaches us how to live a worthy life.
- Robin Hood should become an example to follow.
- You have to read some books several times throughout life to get the idea.
- Lyric poetry may help in dealing with inner conflicts.
- William Shakespeare is an outstanding figure of English literature that should always be appreciated.
- Every person should have one book that will always remain their favorite one.
- The theme of Romeo and Juliet will always remain relatable. Support this idea by providing compelling arguments and examples from the play. If you don’t agree with the statement, present clear counterarguments to prove your point of view.
- The parents should read fairy tales to their children from early childhood. Persuade your audience to make their kids familiar with the fairy tales. Explain the importance of positive aspects of this genre of literature.
- Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde are connected. Describe Oscar Wilde’s background. Analyze how the author reflected his personality in the character of Dorian Gray. Convince your readers to accept your point of view. Propose examples from the book and the author’s biography.
🖐 25 More Topics to Persuade College Students
Here you can find a pleasant bonus from our team—25 more ideas to write about. You can use them not only for essays but also as persuasive speech topics for college.
So, take the benefit of our list of topics. Show an outstanding academic performance in the college.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Family
- A happy relationship should be based on trust and honesty.
- In small and big families, parents should treat their children equally.
- After giving birth, motherhood should become the primary concern of a woman’s life.
- Parents should be the most significant support for their kids when they are sad, confused, or lost in life.
- Children should take their retired parents to their home instead of the nursing home.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Health
- Physical activity is an effective way to prevent heart diseases.
- People should quit smoking .
- Mental health is not less important than physical health.
- Well-balanced nutrition is key to a healthy body.
- Taking care of general wellness should be everyone’s primary concern.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Medicine
- Strong pain killers should be sold by prescription only.
- Drug prices should be set ethically .
- Herbal medications are the safest.
- Self-medication is extremely dangerous, even in the case of a simple cold or an allergy.
- Differentiating various forms of medicines is essential . What is the working principle of a capsule, pill, syrup, etc.? Prove that the inappropriate application will not have an appropriate effect.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Sports
- Visiting a gym is extremely useful for our health .
- Physical education should be mandatory in high school.
- Extreme sports are only for professional athletes.
- The governments should invest enough money in the development of sports schools.
- Football is not only for boys. Women can create a successful football team, as well.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Religion
- Discrimination by religion or culture should not be acceptable in modern society.
- Every person should have a right to choose a god or goddess to worship.
- The representatives of different religions should be tolerant of each other.
- The attitude towards wealth in Christianity differs from the perception of wealth in Islam.
- Any other religious representatives should not criticize the central beliefs of Judaism .
Thank you for visiting our page! We hope the information was useful to you. Don’t forget to leave your comments and share the article with other students.
- Persuasive Essays, Writing Resources, Hamilton College
- Persuasive Essay Outline: HCC Learning Web, Houston Community College
- 5 Tricks for Choosing Your College Essay Topic: Phoebe Bain, CollegeXpress Student Writer, Brandeis University
- Choosing a Topic for Your College Essay: Essay Writing Center, International Student
- Choosing College Essay Topics: Accepted
- 35 College Essay Prompts and Topics: Kayla Rutledge, SignUpGenius
- How to Write a College Essay: Kelly Mae Ross, Devon Haynie, and Josh Moody for U.S. News
- How To Answer the 2022-23 Common App Essay Prompts: College Essay Advisors
- Writing a Political Science Essay: Charles King, Georgetown University
- Writing a Paper about an Environmental Issue: Frederic Beaudry, ThoughtCo
- Evidence: The Writing Center, the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill
- Introducing Quotations and Paraphrases: UNSW Current Students
- Guide to Essay Paragraph Structure: Academic Skills, Deakin Study Support
- How Do I Write an Intro, Conclusion, & Body Paragraph: College of Literature, Science, and Arts, University of Michigan
- Essay Writing Guide for Psychology Students: Saul McLeod, Simply Psychology
- Essay on Technology: Bartleby
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Writing Guides, Ultius
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
Top 257 Good Persuasive Essay Topics [Tips & Prompts]
150 Strong History Dissertation Topics to Write about
110 Original History Essay Questions: Examples and Topics
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
434 Good Persuasive Speech Topics
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
Are you struggling to find a good persuasive speech topic ? We know – it can be hard to think of an interesting topic!
We’ve done all the hard work and created a list of 400+ great persuasive speech ideas for college students, teachers, and anyone interested in public speaking. They’re organized into categories to make it easier for you to find one that that genuinely interests you.
In addition to our collection of speech topic ideas, we also have some tips on selecting a good topic, as well as researchihng, writing, and delivering your persuasive speech.
What Makes a Good Persuasive Speech Topic?
Crafting a persuasive speech or writing a persuasive essay begins with picking the right topic. What makes a good persuasive speech topic? What are the most important factors that make it or break it when it comes to a good persuasive speech topic?
You are much more likely to be successful with your speech when you choose a topic that interests you, rather than merely picking one from a list.
Talking about something you know or would like to know more about well makes it much easier and fun!
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
Some speech topics have been done to death. They are tired and stale, and are not likely to excite you or your audience (think abortion, gun control, smoking, same-sex marriage). Find a topic that grabs you and your audience, something new and fresh, unique and original.
A good persuasive speech topic is one that you can use to grab the audience’s attention, inform and persuade, and provide a strong persuasive argument for adopting your point of view.
You want to pick a topic that your audience cares and what to hear about.
How To Select a Good Persuasive Topic
How to narrow down this list of ideas?
First, make a rough inventory:
- Which of the speech topics are you interested in?
- What amuses you, makes you move right the way, happy or sad?
- Which topics do you know something about?
- Which topics would you like to research?
Review your inventory list and narrow your choices by answering these questions:
- Do you know global, national, state, community, job or school-related problems and solutions, issues or controversies, related to the persuasive speech ideas?
- Are you excited about any historical or current events, places, processes, organizations or interesting people?
- Do you have certain concerns, opinions, or beliefs?
- Do you think something has to change in the human attitude or social values?
- Did you see or hear something in the news or read about in library books on any of these topics?
- Is there a link with personal experiences, professional or personal goals?
All the answers on the questions above help you to find your angle of approach for a conclusive speech. So, select a few specific angles. Those can serve as the basic main points.
Best 10 Persuasive Speech Topics
Don’t have time to read our full list of 400+ topic ideas? Here is our list of 10 best persuasive speech topics.
- Money can’t buy love or happiness
- Cooking should be taught in schools
- The minimum wage should be increased
- Advertising is a mind game
- Introverts make great leaders
- Eating meat is unethical
- Anyone under 16 should not be allowed to date
- Sustainable clothes are not really sustainable
- The penny coin should be phased out
List of Persuasive Speech Topics
- Constitutional Issues
- Easy and Simple
- Food and Drink
- Funny and Humorous
- College Students
- International Relations
- National Security
- Practical Knowledge
10 Animal Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should more pets be adopted than bought from a breeder?
- Are pitbulls a vicious breed?
- Should a dog that has bitten somebody be executed?
- Should we tame wild animals like lions and sharks.
- Should battery farming still be legal?
- Should ‘factory farming’ be banned?
- Adopting pets is the best choice.
- How do puppy mills affect us?
- The benefits of having pets.
- Why cats make the perfect pet.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics About Animals .
12 Automotive Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should the public first learn how to drive a manual transmission before obtaining their license?
- Drivers should have to take three courses before getting a license.
- Should young children use booster seats in vehicles?
- Hands-free cell phone use in cars should be promoted.
- Should the driving age be 14?
- The danger of texting and driving.
- Watch out for animals when driving.
- Why police should not chase a car.
- Why you should buy a Japanese car.
- Why sports cars are dangerous.
- Driving tests should be free.
- Share the road with bikes.
10 Business Persuasive Speech Topics
The world of business has so many aspects to it, but at the end of the day they are all about customer relations, about making money and about the relationship between employers and employees.
Below are topics that can be used to persuade your audience on a variety of business topics.
A tongue in cheek topic that can be used is “Hiring a lazy person isn’t always a bad thing”, this could be used to persuade an audience that often lazy people find the quickest solution to get something done, resulting in quickly completed work because they just want to get it over and done with.
- Advertising has tons of mind games.
- Advertising standards should be higher.
- The importance of understanding niche marketing.
- Why introverts make good leaders.
- Owning a business means you will lose your friends.
- Business will harden you.
- You should never go into business with family members.
- Just because someone knows you it doesn’t mean you owe them any discounts.
- To be a business owner you must learn to be well organized.
- It’s important that a business should have personality.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics for Business .
5 Constitutional Issues Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think it would be fair for the government to detain suspected terrorists without proper trial?
- Should flag burning as a form of protest be prohibited?
- Should every day begin with a silent prayer at school?
- Why alcohol should be illegal.
- Prayer in schools should not be mandatory.
10 Easy and Simple Persuasive Speech Topics
Below follow topics that should be easy enough to persuade your audience without going into too much research. There are some which can be used as ‘tongue in cheek’ topics such as ‘The paparazzi are the real stalkers’ and ‘People need to visit the dentist more often’.
- People should not text while driving.
- Celebrities who break the law should receive stiffer penalties.
- Teachers should pass a basic exam every few years to renew their certification.
- Cities should offer free bike-sharing programs.
- People should eat less junk food.
- We should do more to end poverty and world hunger.
- We should value the elders in our society and learn from their wisdom.
- Money can’t buy love or happiness.
- Children should be offered incentives for doing right, rather than punishment for wrongdoing.
- More recycling should be encouraged.
See this page for a full list of Easy and Simple Persuasive Speech Topics .
9 Economy Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should products manufactured outside the U.S. come with an additional tax?
- Buy products that are made in the USA.
- Free trade agreements are bad for workers.
- The trade deficit with China is dangerous.
- The minimum wage should be increased.
- Daylight savings time has many advantages for our economy.
- The oil companies are to blame for the rising energy prices.
- In most countries the economy is in the mighty hands of just a few multinational corporations.
- Hiring cheaper foreign employees hurts our economy.
10 Education Persuasive Speech Topics
- Teachers should have to pass a test of basic skills every decade to renew their certifications.
- Should free college tuition be offered to poor children?
- Would it be better to introduce a set of skills tests for students, before they graduate high school?
- Do you believe that students who are responsible for cyberbullying should be expelled from school?
- Would it be better if high school students completed community service hours to graduate?
- Do you think elementary and high school students should be allowed to use cell phones at school?
- Should students have to be on the honor roll in order to play sports?
- Art and music programs in public schools are an essential part of education.
- Schools should have the right to search students’ personal property (backpacks, lockers, pockets) to fight drugs in schools.
- Do you think students should be allowed to listen to music during study hall?
See this page for a full list of Education Persuasive Speech Topics .
10 Environment Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should there be stricter laws for protecting endangered species?
- Should only native plants be grown in gardens?
- More people should carpool or use public transportation.
- Should the U.S. limit the use of natural resources?
- How pollution is negatively affecting humanity.
- We should use algae to make oil instead of drilling.
- Why hydraulic fracturing should be banned.
- Why we shouldn’t use disposable diapers.
- Hybrid cars are good for the environment.
- We should keep our community clean.
See this page for a full list of Environmental Persuasive Speech Topics .
10 Ethics Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think female construction workers should have the same salary as male construction workers?
- Should assisted suicide be legal for people who suffer from terminal illnesses?
- Do you think the death penalty is the best punishment for dangerous criminals?
- Should you base your perspective of people on stereotypes you have heard?
- Should product testing on animals or humans be allowed?
- Why you should not choose your child’s genetics.
- Are people morally obligated to help the poor?
- Female genital mutilation should be stopped.
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Wearing fur is unethical.
10 Family Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should underaged people be allowed to consume alcohol at home, with parental permission?
- Should children 13 or younger be allowed to watch music videos or music channels like MTV?
- Do you think those older than 13 should be allowed into R-rated movies?
- Should teenagers be allowed to purchase violent video games?
- Is it appropriate for children to watch horror movies?
- Those under 16 should not be allowed to date.
- Parental pressure on child actors and athletes is harmful.
- Why parents should not hit their children.
- Fairy tales are good for young children.
- Why kids should not play R rated games.
See this page for a full list of Family Persuasive Speech Topics . We also have a page with Speech Topics for Kids .
6 Fashion Persuasive Speech Topics
- Men should wear pink.
- Choose an Eco-Fashion Fabrics Wardrobe!
- Are Sustainable Clothes Really Sustainable?
- Jewelry: Less Is More.
- Fashion Reveals Your True Identity.
- Fashion Is An Expression Of The Character
11 Financial Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why banks should ban hats and sunglasses to avoid robberies.
- Student loans should be forgiven.
- Reservation casinos are only beneficial if managed correctly.
- National debt is everyones problem.
- Purchasing a car is smarter than leasing one.
- The Japanese yen is affected by the weakness of the dollar.
- The Euro currency will oust the dollar.
- The Chinese Yuan / Japanese Yen / European Euro will all surpass the Dollar as leading currency.
- Phase the penny coin out.
- Severe budget cuts are the only way to maximise good financial results.
- Keeping a close eye on personal finance is key in achieving something in life.
15 Food and Drink Persuasive Speech Topics
- Genetically modified foods should be labeled.
- Do you believe companies who manufacture alcohol should be allowed to advertise on TV?
- Every child should learn to cook.
- Cooking should be taught in schools.
- Should we donate unused food from supermarkets?
- The history of added sugar in our food.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- The promise of genetically engineered food.
- Why peanuts are amazing.
- Drink more orange juice.
- Why people should cook.
- Farmers’ markets should be increased.
- Eating organic is good for your health.
- Get artificial hormones out of food.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topic Ideas On Food, Drink, and Cooking .
10 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
Fun topics are a great way to get people to listen to what you have to say, because when they are entertained they listen more carefully. Fun topics also help the speaker be more at ease, because the topics are more relaxed. Below follow 100 topics that you can have fun with while persuading your audience. .
- Ghosts are not real.
- We all need to be childish.
- Smokers have more acquaintances.
- Music has the power to heal.
- Diamonds are a girls best friends.
- Couples need to live together before getting married.
- Allow kids to believe in Santa.
- Pick up lines do work.
- Cake is not cake if it is dry.
- Parents must be prepared for the ‘birds and bees’ talk.
See this page for a full list of Fun Persuasive Speech Topics .
10 Funny and Humorous Persuasive Speech Topics
Humour is a fabulous way to get people’s attention. Below are questions and statement topics that can be used to get your points across on a variety of topics.
It is important to remember that there can be a fine line between funny and insulting. So use wit and make it fun without insulting your audience. This would be important to remember with a title like ‘The most dangerous animal out there is a silent woman’.
- Blondes are not as dumb as they look.
- Why funny pick-up lines work.
- Guys gossip more than girls do.
- You should not be Facebook friends with your mom.
- If things go wrong, your horoscope is to blame.
- Students should not have to do a persuasive speech in front of a large audience.
- Millennials should stop wearing spandex yoga pants all the time.
- Dads are more fun than moms.
- Argumentative essays are pointless.
- Shoes that don’t fit right are hazardous to your health.
See this page for a full list of Funny Persuasive Speech Topics .
16 Government Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you believe there should be stricter federal restrictions regarding content on the internet?
- Should employers be required to post job opportunities on a government-run website?
- The government should provide shelter for the homeless.
- Should the state fund schools run by religions?
- Whose face should be printed on the newest bank note?
- Do you believe Puerto Rico should become a state?
- Our nation’s justice system needs to be improved.
- Should the government have a say in our diets?
- The military budget must be decreased.
- Should people get drug tested for state aid?
- How policy works in local government.
- The government should increase funding of Amtrak.
- Fixing potholes should be a priority of local government.
- Eminent domain should be used rarely.
- The war on drugs is a failure.
- Zoning laws should be common sense.
10 Health Persuasive Speech Topics
- Female minors should be allowed to get birth control without telling their parents.
- Should stem cell researchers be able to use cells from aborted babies to help cure diseases?
- Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under 16?
- Do you think it would be better if the USA had a universal health care system?
- Do you believe free condoms should be distributed in schools?
- Regular exercise will improve your health.
- Restaurants should post all ingredients to prevent allergic reactions.
- Do you believe fast food should come with a warning label?
- The use of animals in medical research is a necessary evil.
- Seat belts ensure all passengers a safer ride.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics on Health and Fitness . We also have a page with Medical Topics .
10 School Persuasive Speech Topics
School is a whole new world, where students discover more about themselves and life around them. These are topics that students will most likely have to deal with at some point during their elementary, middle, and high school careers.
- High school students should be allowed to have cell phones in school.
- High school students should not have to wear school uniforms.
- All high school students should learn a foreign language.
- Girls should be allowed to play on the boys’ sports teams.
- High school students should be required to do community service.
- Extracurricular activities are important for your future.
- Students should be able to stay up late, even on school nights.
- Peer pressure helps students grow as individuals.
- Students should have healthy food options.
- Students should be paid for getting good grades.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics for School Students .
10 College Students Persuasive Speech Topics
The following topics are for college students and about the many different aspects that they will deal with during their time in college.
- College textbooks should be replaced by iPads.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during a lecture.
- College students shouldn’t skip classes.
- Students shouldn’t study something that they are not passionate about.
- Gap years are actually a very good idea.
- Notes should always be taken in class.
- Student loans are expensive and students need to understand what they are getting themselves into.
- Students should get to know other students.
- It’s smart to get the harder classes out of the way first.
- Taking summer classes will help students get ahead of schedule.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students .
10 Teens Persuasive Speech Topics
The following topics are aimed at teens and subjects which are important and matter to teens.
- Teenage girls should be on birth control.
- Teenage boys are lazier than girls.
- Teens should have weekend jobs.
- Homework should not be given.
- Being popular isn’t a good thing.
- Teens are obsessed with scary things.
- Chores shouldn’t be paid for.
- Sex education must be compulsory.
- Exchange student programs for all students.
- Free time gets teens into trouble.
See this page for a full list of Great Speech Topics for Teens .
5 History Persuasive Speech Topics
- Did the U.S. Army provide their soldiers drugs during the Vietnam war?
- African- American achievements should be celebrated.
- Why Lincoln was the best President.
- Revisionist history is dangerous.
- The moon landing was a lie.
See this page for a full list of History Speech Topics .
10 Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
Interesting topics will always have an audience glued to every word, even when they may disagree with your point of view. Ultimately it is your job to persuade them that your view is in fact correct.
These topics have a mix of simpler speeches such as “Pick up lines do work” here both humour and a few examples of pick up lines have worked will get you going in the right direction. For a speech with a bit more research put into it there are topics such as “Stem cell research in murder”.
- The standards of beauty are never the same.
- Princess Diana was killed.
- Energy drinks are dangerous.
- School day needs to involve less sitting and more exercise.
- No credit cards for under 25.
- Healthy relationships require conflicts.
- Everyone needs medical insurance.
- Tooth whitening is out of control.
- In future air planes won’t crash.
- Business should hire more apprentices.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Interesting Speech Topics .
13 International Relations Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think it is time for the United States to suspend overseas military operations?
- The U.S. should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- Why you should volunteer in a developing country.
- Should Scotland be a country of its own?
- China will be the next superpower.
- Is any nation truly independent?
- Should women drive in Saudi Arabia?
- Foreign oil dependence is dangerous.
- Weapons disarmament should be increased.
- The war in Iraq was a mistake.
- The United Nations is important in defusing international crises.
- Human rights should be advanced all over the world.
- China will be the almighty economic superpower by 2025.
10 Law Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should those who are caught driving after consuming alcohol lose their driver’s license for one year?
- Should it be illegal to drive while talking on the phone?
- Should illegal music and movie downloads be prosecuted?
- Do you believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to apply for a driver’s license?
- Should motorcyclists have to wear a helmet?
- People over 65 should be required to take a bi-annual driver’s test.
- Should the driving age be raised to 21?
- Should assault weapons be legal?
- Should known gang members be prohibited from public parks?
- Do you think it should be illegal for people to curse on TV during daytime?
See this page for a full list of Legal Speech Topics .
3 Literature Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why reading is more beneficial than watching television.
- Why it is a good idea to read Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Why people need to read more books.
17 Media Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why it’s wrong for the media to promote a certain beauty standard.
- Is the media responsible for the moral degradation of teens?
- Do magazines marketed to teenagers send the wrong message?
- Why Disney should not be making Star Wars movies.
- Why you should study photography.
- Should certain T.V. shows have age restrictions?
- Why the media is to blame for eating disorders.
- The media does not force us to worship false icons.
- Why the Russian should have beat Rocky.
- Television is harmful to children.
- Why comic books are good to read.
- Some TV shows are educational.
- Make TV more educational.
- We need more funding for public television and radio.
- Violence on television should be regulated.
- Cable TV monopolies destroy competition.
- Katniss Everdeen would alienate Harry Potter.
10 Motivational Persuasive Speech Topics
- School leaders must shape high-achieving learning curricula for students.
- Set a clear goal and devote all your positive energy toward reaching it.
- What to do for people who have no motivation to live a happy life.
- The art of moral imagination is the key to intellectual and spiritual development.
- Why it is hard to follow your dream.
- What keep most of us from following the voice of your heart when it comes to love or even discovery travelling?
- Overcome your stage fright and fear of public speaking.
- Begin with forming a moral tool set when children are young and build further when they are at least 18 years old.
- Aim straightforward in whatever project you undertake, and emphasize and evaluate what you want to achieve often in between the completed parts of the total planning.
- Prudence is an effort you can turn non-believers into believers in your plans.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics For Motivational Speaking .
6 Music Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why the French horn should be played more.
- Should schools allow uncensored songs at school dances?
- How listening to music could improve your day.
- Why music is beneficial to society.
- MP3 music should be free.
- Rock music is better than Country & Western.
6 National Security Persuasive Speech Topics
- Are intensive security screenings essential for those who travel in airplanes?
- Negotiating with terrorists is sometimes justifiable.
- Should police carry firearms?
- Homosexuals belong in the military.
- Women benefit the military in many ways.
- Should police carry toy guns?
10 Politics Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should it be legal for politicians to accept campaign contributions from corporate lobbyists?
- Why you should vote.
- Ban abusive language in elections.
- Why you should know Bernie Sanders.
- Term limits need to be respected.
- Give Kurdistan back to the Kurds.
- Zimbabwe is the next drama in world politics.
- Central Asian states could become a threat.
- America is not the world’s policeman.
- Globalization pays off.
See this page for a full list of Speech Topics about Politics .
3 Practical Knowledge Persuasive Speech Topics
- Basic survival skills are important to know.
- Basic camping skills everyone should know.
- Personal hygiene is important for professional success.
7 Psychology Persuasive Speech Topics
- Intelligence depends more on the environment than genetics.
- Human development depends primarily on environmental factors.
- Why we should not see psychologists.
- Why do we need to love and to be loved?
- Can money give you happiness?
- Why introverts make the best public speakers.
- Verbal abuse can be much more destructive than physical.
See this page for a full list of Psychology Speech Topics .
23 Relationships Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should young people have internet relationships?
- Men and women speak a different language of love.
- Long distance relationships are possible.
- Why it is important to live together before marriage.
- Teens should live with their friends once a week.
- Jealousy can be a disease.
- Most people say they will break up with a cheating partner, but in the end most people do not.
- Counseling is the solution for working through relationship problems.
- Intimacy is the key to a successful relationship.
- Women cheat more than men do.
- Interreligious Relationships – Love between two people can never be forbidden.
- Arranged marriages must be outlawed.
- Asking someone to wear a condom shows a lack of trust.
- Celibacy is outdated.
- Cheating isn’t wrong if you do it well.
- Co-workers should never date.
- Dating behavior rules are simple for girls: No means No, not Yes.
- Living together before marriage will lower the divorce rate.
- Men and women speak different languages in love matters.
- People only need one good friend.
- Polygamy should be allowed.
- You will learn most from friends that are different from you.
- Romance works best the old fashioned way.
8 Religion Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should public schools teach world religions?
- Students should be allowed to pray in school.
- Women should be priests.
- Religious conflict must be avoided.
- Why Islam is a peaceful religion.
- Islamic fundamentalism is not true Islam.
- Religious cults are dangerous.
- Faith in God should be protected.
See this page for a full list of Topics on Religion and Spirituality .
10 Science Persuasive Speech Topics
- Do you think the United States government should spend more on space programs?
- Why should we be aware of what is happening in outer space?
- Why Pluto should still be considered a planet.
- Mars was the same as Earth in the past.
- Why you should donate your body to science.
- We need more scientific advancements.
- Qualitative research is more preferable than quantitative research.
- Religion and science do not mix. (Or: they do.)
- Scientists have the duty to translate their findings in normal language.
- Theories are useless if they can not be transformed into strategies.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Science Speech Topics .
11 Self-Help Persuasive Speech Topics
- Art is a stress reliever and can reduce depression.
- With hardwork and determination anyone can be successful.
- Why we should live life spontaneously.
- Improve your time management.
- Embarrassing moments make you stronger.
- Be true to yourself.
- Dress for success.
- How to continue your personal growth.
- The importance of self- confidence.
- If you don’t give up, you’ll make it.
- Talking to yourself can be beneficial.
10 Society Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should larger passengers be obliged to purchase two plane tickets, or two movie tickets?
- Should American families have no more than two children, in order to control population growth?
- Should property owners be obliged to clean the snow from sidewalks on their property?
- Should there be a cop in every bar to make sure people do not drink and drive?
- Do you believe that older people should receive free bus rides?
- Should all citizens of the USA complete one year of community service?
- Do you believe it is time for America to use the metric system?
- Why it should be mandatory for all students to stand for the pledge.
- Do you believe that cities should provide free wireless internet?
- Why living in the country is better than the city.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Society Speech Topics .
10 Sport Persuasive Speech Topics
Some sports topics can quickly turn into an argument between fans so keep in mind that special care should be taken with some of the suggested topics.
The term soccer was used to distinguished between soccer and American football, feel free to use the term football for those countries that do not use the term soccer.
- Should some musical groups, such as marching band and show choir, be considered a sport?
- Do you think cities should have a bike sharing system?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Why baseball players should take drug tests before playing.
- High school football programs should receive less funding.
- Female sports should be given equal coverage by the media.
- Should drug tests be mandatory for professional athletes?
- Should athletes be paid less?
- Should drug tests be mandatory for school athletes?
- Winning is not as important as trying your best.
See this page for a full list of Persuasive Sports Speech Topics .
28 Technology Persuasive Speech Topics
- Google and other search engines will be the death of libraries.
- Make sure to backup your computer files several times a day.
- What kind of influence will technology have on our future?
- Printing photos is better than keeping them on a computer.
- Do you believe internet censorship is inappropriate?
- Should nuclear power be used?
- How technology will change our lives.
- Internet could do more to free deaf people from their social isolation.
- Should screen time also be limited for adults?
- Why the government should regulate technology.
- Technology is making people less creative.
- Technology has made life better.
- Why Microsoft Word products should be free.
- Why you should not buy an iPhone.
- Anti-piracy software does not work.
- Internet chatrooms are not safe.
- The amount of spam you see in your mailbox is just the tip of the iceberg.
- We are addicted to the internet.
- Put down your phone and connect with people.
- Electronics are making kids lazy.
- How does a search engine work?
- Apple music should be free.
- The importance of the internet.
- Internet gambling needs more regulation.
- Computer literacy should be increased.
- The importance of internet fraud awareness.
- Why selfies are a thing of the past.
- People who say they do not need or want to use the world wide web are insane.
12 Travel Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why you should go to Bermuda.
- Why airline tickets should be cheaper.
- Traveling makes you more open-minded.
- Always report travel complaints as soon as possible when back home.
- Backpacking means every day unexpected adventures if you are open for it
- If there was no tourism there would be much more poverty.
- Support eco-tourism.
- Tourism ruins historical sites and there should be placed warning signs to awake them.
- Extreme air turbulence can be fatal.
- Fly First Class at least once in your lifetime.
- The best way to travel is in a guided group.
- Antarctica should be closed for tourists and scientists
8 Workplace Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should large corporations hire a number of minorities that are proportionate to the population?
- Do you think 14 year olds should be allowed to hold jobs?
- Why you should choose a high paying job over a fun job.
- Why everyone should work retail once in their life.
- Tipping should be mandatory in restaurants.
- Women make better managers than men.
- The importance of office parties.
- Labor unions should be protected.
Our list of topics is by far the best list you will find online – both in terms of quantity and quality. We add and remove ideas weekly to keep the list up-to-date.
Many timely persuasive speech topics can be found on radio, TV, your local newspaper, or your Facebook and Twitter feeds. We also have Argumentative (which is a type of persuasive speech on a controversial issue) and Policy topics . If you know of a cool topic, please send it to us and we will publish it on our page with fresh topics.
For persuasive essay topic ideas have a look at our list of Interesting Research Paper topics : these can be easily adapted for persuasive speeches.
Write a Gripping Personal Narrative Essay Using Our Cheat Guide
Vote of Thanks Examples
50 thoughts on “434 Good Persuasive Speech Topics”
Thank You! 🙂 Very helpful and inspiring and you get a good laugh out of these topics, wish me luck on my test.
That was some awesome topics for my college presentation thanks for the help 🙂
Thank you so much i got a 82 on my speech! I talked about how women don’t have rights, and that they should be in the kitchen. Thank you again!!!
These topics are good I like give speech. Speech good for speaking. thank for topics
Why smoking can help you make friends
These topic are good. Thank you so much..
Really helpful, I pro-formed a speech outlining why exactly unfaithful thots should be be vanquished from our society. Got a 69.
Thanks so much! I did a speech on the unfaithful thots of our society and the plague being wrought upon the population. We need a solution. Some might say a final, solution.
These topics are great. Thank you
OMG thank you sooooo mush you literally saved my life.
Thankkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuu sooooo much these topics are amazing and thank you for saving my life my speech was why airlines should be cheeper and i got a 99
Great topics but there is no R rating for video games. (Family, Topic 10)
Thank you so much this was really helpful!!!!
these are good topics because im in 5th grade in my class right now and we are starting pursasive right now
Why sex education important
Are pitbulls a vicious breed
Germany is the best
Does Lightning McQueen have Life Insurance or Car Insurance ?
Correction: why cats make the purrfect pet.
thank you this is a very helpful and inspiring topics
These were good and helpful. This was exactly what I needed for my speech. Thanks to whoever came up with all of these.
Thank you so much. My speech on getting Belle Delphine banned got 69%
Thank you so much, this was inspiring and helpful.
ok, so I know im the only one that did this but its actually 414 speech topics so!!!!!11
This was v helpful- thank you! i did that Princess Diana was murdered and was very easy to be passionate about it – thx again!
very nice. help alot.me like moon landing one. thought was funny.
i love ThiS website SO MUCH it helped me with my speech endlessly and will be forever greatful xxx <3 <3
Why water causes cancer
Why Sped kids should have more special attention in schools?
-Tax the freaking pants off the 1%
-Only highly education education specialists should make laws regarding education
-Schools should implement standards that require more recess and P.E. and no homework
did a speach on koalas being nuclearly reactive thx sm
please tell kate to stop trying to help with my academics in writing thanks xx
Should kids be allowed to kick their parents out of the house when they get caught doing bad things
cheating isnt wrong if you do it well
i personally think that this website helped a lot i think you should add a kpop section just for who is interester ^0^ thank you 🙂
I made a speech explaining why toothbrushing should be mandatory and it got a 69
thanks so much i got a 69 on my speech about free robux
thanks bro i got a 69% on my speech about how i would eat henrique all night
Couldn’t find a topic but site was amazing! Henrique on the other hand
thanks got me a 100
Those were so helpful wish me luck on my test
henrique is kind of annoying but a good website
i’m thinking a speech on the flash sounds perfect.
Thank youuu so muchhh!!!!!! This was so helpful and rly helped me find new perspectives to look from. I wrote my speech on how men are animals, have no rights, and should be locked in mines and milked for their semen. I also found out im pregnant guys!!!! Time to find out if it’s a girl or an abortion!!!!!
I got the best speech topic.thank goodness.I only got an hour to finish.
why can’t we make toast in the bath
Why teens shouldn’t have sex before marriage.
I laughed so hard at “students should not have to do a persuasive speech in front of public audiences”
is this the real life, or is it just a fantasy?
this site was so good i found nothing! thank goodness i got a 0% my grades are rising
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class
Ideas, Inspiration, and Giveaways for Teachers
We Are Teachers
60 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids and Teens
Use your words to sway the reader.
Persuasive writing is one of those skills that can help students succeed in real life. Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative , but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader. It’s important to know your audience so you can anticipate any counterarguments they might make and try to overcome them. Try reading some mentor texts to show kids great examples of opinion writing. Then use these persuasive essay topics for practice.
School and Education Persuasive Essay Topics
Life and ethics persuasive essay topics, just for fun persuasive essay topics.
- Do you think homework should be required, optional, or not given at all?
- Students should/should not be able to use their phones during the school day.
- Should schools have dress codes?
- If I could change one school rule, it would be …
- Is year-round school a good idea?
- Should we stop giving final exams?
- Is it better to be good at academics or good at sports?
- Which is better, private schools or public schools?
- Should every student have to participate in athletics?
- Do you think schools should ban junk food from their cafeterias?
- Should students be required to volunteer in their communities?
- What is the most important school subject?
- Are letter grades helpful, or should we replace them with something else?
- Is it ever OK to cheat on homework or a test?
- Should students get to grade their teachers?
- Do you think college should be free for anyone who wants to attend?
- Should schools be allowed to ban some books from their libraries?
- Which is better, book smarts or street smarts?
- Should all students have to learn a foreign language?
- Are single-gender schools better or worse for students?
- Is it OK to eat animals?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal.
- Should we allow little kids to play competitive sports?
- Who faces more peer pressure, girls or boys?
- Should all Americans be required to vote?
- Is it better to be kind or truthful?
- Which is better, giving or receiving?
- Is it OK to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we change the minimum driving age in the United States?
- Which is more important, happiness or success?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is social media helpful or harmful?
- Which is better, reading books or watching TV?
- Should kids have set bedtimes or just go to bed when they’re sleepy?
- Do you think the government should find a way to provide free health care for everyone?
- Is it better to save your allowance or spend it?
- Should we ban plastic bags and bottles?
- Which is better, living in the city or in the country?
- If I could make a new law, it would be …
- Choose a book that’s been made into a movie. Which was better, the movie or the book?
- Who is the world’s best athlete, present or past?
- What’s the best holiday?
- Are professional athletes/musicians/actors overpaid?
- Which is better, fiction or nonfiction?
- The very best food of all time is …
- The best music genre is …
- What is one book that everyone should read?
- What new sport should be added to the Olympics?
- Which is better, artificial Christmas trees or real ones?
- What’s the best season of the year?
- Should you put ketchup on a hot dog?
- Is a taco a sandwich?
- Are clowns scary or funny?
- Which is more dangerous, werewolves or vampires?
- The best pizza topping is …
- What would be the best superpower to have?
- Should we still consider Pluto a planet?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What’s the best video game system?
What are your favorite persuasive essay topics for students? Come exchange ideas on the WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the big list of essay topics for high school (100+ ideas) ..
Jill Staake is a Contributing Editor with WeAreTeachers. She has a degree in Secondary English Education and has taught in middle and high school classrooms. She's also done training and curriculum design for a financial institution and been a science museum educator. She currently lives in Tampa, Florida where she often works on her back porch while taking frequent breaks for bird-watching and gardening.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Top persuasive speech topics for 2023 is a discussion very important for the current day and age. During the course of your academic life, more often than not, you will have to deliver one or more persuasive speeches. While most students believe that writing a persuasive speech is a nightmare, selecting the right topic is actually harder. Undoubtedly, selecting the right persuasive speech topics for 2023 is an important part of delivering an A1 speech.
Thus, unless the topic is right, no matter what your content and delivery are, you will fail to make an impact. Therefore, one has to be very wise and cautious while making this decision. Consequently, before we jump onto listing the top persuasive speech topics at hand, let’s unlayer some important prerequisites.
What is a Persuasive Speech?
Technically, persuasive speech is a special kind of speech in which an individual has to convince the audience to agree with his/ her point of view. Any persuasive speech is organized in a manner so as to expose the audience to different points at different times. The ultimate objective of speech writing help is to ensure that the audience understands what the presenter has to say and agrees with the views to at least a certain extent.
Undoubtedly, it is humanly impossible to persuade the entire audience to go with one’s point of view with just a single speech. Additionally, as citizens of a democracy, each one of us is entitled to our opinion. Therefore, within limits, persuasive speeches focus on getting maximum agreement on the presenter’s point of view.
Components of a Persuasive Speech
To make a persuasive speech of utmost effectiveness, it should strike a perfect balance between logical and emotional appeals. Additionally, as a student of persuasive speech, you must understand the difference between these two components.
Logical or reasonable appeals refer to presenting the audience with well-researched facts and figures. A logical appeal contains robust and comprehensive statistics that persuade the audience. Consequently, an effective persuasive speech is full of statistics. Thus, it helps the audience believe the presenter’s point of view.
For instance, if you are delivering a persuasive speech research guide on the negative impact of global warming, statistics about the melting ice caps, danger to marine life, etc, can add value to your speech. Logical appeals aim to accentuate the practical applicability of your speech and motivate the audience to believe your stand. Additionally, it triggers a thought in the minds of the audience that such data-driven speech is worth a belief.
Emotional appeals bridge the gap between statistics and a strong audience connection. Best delivered through storytelling, emotional appeals augment the value of your logical statements. For instance, if you simply state that the polar caps are melting at an ‘x’ rate, it might be informative but not yet persuasive.
To persuade the audience with your statistics, wrap them in a beautiful narrative about the consequences of the data you present. Born with the basic human need for emotions, all of us find an emotional appeal to be more persuasive.
For a persuasive speech to be effective, it needs to balance both components. The absence of statistics or storytelling with emotions will only be a half-baked delivery and will defeat the purpose. If you are not careful with your word choice and style, your persuasive speech might start to look like a scholarship essay. It will not yield desired results.
Importance of Persuasive Speeches
While preparing persuasive speeches, most students wonder if they will have any relevance in the future. Therefore, it is important for all students to note that persuasive speeches have real-world value. Additionally, the ability to deliver persuasive speeches will be an asset to every student while earning a living. Undoubtedly, right from getting a job to excelling in one’s professional career, persuasive speeches can come in handy.
As a result, a persuasive Essay enables students to make a stand not only based on facts and figures but also wrap it in an emotional appeal that the audience relates to. Therefore, strong persuasive speech delivery is a must for every student looking to make it big.
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023
It goes without saying that the foundation of a good persuasive speech lies in the topic you select. Therefore, make sure that the persuasive A1 speech topics for 2023 that you select are close to your heart. Undoubtedly, to make an emotional appeal to the audience and bend their support in your wing, it is important for you to believe in the topic.
Unless you are convinced about what you are putting out there, you will be unable to convince the audience either. Therefore, begin your search for the top persuasive speech topics for 2023 with a basic understanding of the topic. Thus, without a comprehensive understanding, you cannot make a point. Therefore, complement your understanding with impressive storytelling to ensure that you have a good narrative for the topic you select.
Thus, let’s delve into the list of top persuasive speech topics for 2023 that you must check out-
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 in Arts
- Importance of performing arts for holistic development
- Should art be a compulsory discipline?
- Graffiti: Art or Nuisance
- Importance of art and culture
- Should performing arts be made credit based
- Museums are the dying reservoir of arts and culture
- Entry to museums should be free
- Schools should host annual arts festivals
- The slow death of ancient art forms
- Modern art lacks authenticity
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Economy
- Brexit will fuel the UK economy
- There should be no minimum wage
- Political unrest decelerates economic growth
- Economics as a discipline must be mandatory
- The economic growth of China is a model to follow
- Free trade agreements are bad for labor
- The economy is defined by a few rich industrialists
- Foreign labor slows down the economy
- Import duty should be removed
- Exports boost economic growth
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Entertainment
- Reality shows are a source of exploitation
- Reality shows are anything but real
- Media has a negative influence on teenagers
- Media influences political decisions
- TV shows influence human behavior
- TV shows reflect the society around
- Reality shows reduce human IQ
- TV shows are a great source of motivation
- Reality shows are scripted
- Reality shows dilute important topics of discussion
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Academics
- Books are the only source of learning
- Computer-based learning is the most effective
- Gamification and virtual reality are the future of education
- MCQs are better than essay tests
- Extracurriculars are a waste of time
- Only main papers should be considered for grading
- Academics are the only criteria for individual success
- Rote learning is the best way to get good grades
- Conceptual clarity beats rote learning
- Sports can boost learning effectiveness
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Ethics
- Juvenile delinquency is acceptable
- Prostitution should be legal
- Underage driving should be punishable by law
- Beauty pageants for children should be banned
- Prisoner’s right to vote
- Voting rights should not be universal
- Guns should be banned from college campuses
- The death penalty should be abolished
- Substance abuse is a cause of social evils
- Underage alcohol consumption should lead to prison time
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Environment
- There should be strict penalties to protect endangered species
- Environmental pollution is a global concern
- Developed nations are to blame for global warming
- The greenhouse effect threatens human existence
- Limiting the use of natural resources and fossil fuels
- A complete switch to renewable energy is the way to go
- Using plastic is self-defeating
- Humans are to blame for environmental degradation
- Carpooling can save the environment
- Noise pollution is detrimental to human development
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Fashion
- Men shouldn’t wear pink
- Eco-fashion is the future
- Fashion reveals the true identity
- Sustainable clothing is the way to go
- Clothes define a person
- Jewelry defines your worth
- Fashion is an important part of society
- Certain fashion brands have a negative influence on society
- The fashion industry has the greatest influence on teenagers
- Celebrity-endorsed fashion brands are the best
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Motivation
- Following dreams is hard
- Goal setting is important for success
- Overcoming stage fright is crucial for success
- Importance of creating a positive vibe
- Sustainable living is a source of motivation
- Happiness can be measured
- Personal experience is more important than rote learning
- Exposure to violence leads to demotivation
- Video games increase motivation
- Motivating teamwork and cooperation
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Travel
- Airline tickets should be cheaper
- Travel brings new experiences
- Travel makes you more inclusive
- Eco-tourism is important for sustainable development
- Flying first class is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Traveling in a guided group is monotonous
- Solo travel allows the best way to self-exploration
- Antarctica should not be open to tourists
- Environmentally endangered sites should not allow tourism
- Tourism boosts the local economy
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023 on Technology
- Google is the death of libraries
- Social media is an end of face to face conversations
- AI is the future of technology
- Technology is changing our lives
- Limiting screen time for adults
- Government should regulate internet usage
- Technology has made life better
- Internet chat rooms are not safe
- Humans are addicted to technology
- Internet fraud awareness: Must for cybersecurity
Thus, the above-mentioned are but a few persuasive speech topics for 2023 that you may consider taking up. However, if you have to write a persuasive speech and are unable to nail it on the head, why not consider taking help from TutorBin . With a network of subject matter experts, they deliver exemplary persuasive speeches.
Our Trending Services >> Homework Help | Assignment Help | Live Sessions | Essay Writing Help | Lab Report Help | Project Report Help | Speech Writing Service | Presentation Writing Service | Video Solutions | Pay Someone To Do My Homework Our Popular Subjects >> Math Homework Help | Physics Homework Help | Chemistry Homework Help | Civil Engineering Homework Help | Finance Homework Help | Electrical Engineering Homework Help | Mechanical Engineering Homework Help | Computer Science Homework Help | Economics Homework Help | Calculus Homework Help | Fluid Mechanics Homework Help
- E- Learning
- Expert Tutors
- Future Of Work
- Helping Students Get The Best Assignment Help
- Online Learning
- Online Tutoring
- Student Tips
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Comment * NEXT
Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment.
Wow, superb weblog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you made blogging glance easy. The total glance of your web site is excellent, as well as the content!
Nice. I just go the right topic for my debate.
At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming yet again to read other news.
Wow, incredible weblog layout! How long have you ever been blogging for? you make blogging glance easy. The entire look of your website is excellent, as smartly as the content material !
Thank you for another wonderful write-up. Where else could anyone get that kind of details in this kind of a ideal way of writing? Ive a presentation next week, and I am on the appear for these information and facts.
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Is it alright to put part of this on my page if I include a reference to this web page?
If you desire to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply such strategies to your won weblog.
When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!
First of all I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I’ve had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Kudos!
I wish to show my thanks to the writer for rescuing me from this challenge. As a result of surfing through the the web and getting notions which are not helpful, I figured my entire life was gone. Living devoid of the approaches to the problems you have sorted out all through your good post is a critical case, and ones that might have in a wrong way affected my entire career if I hadnt come across your site. Your own knowledge and kindness in controlling every item was tremendous. Im not sure what I would have done if I hadnt encountered such a point like this. Im able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks very much for this high quality and results-oriented guide. I will not hesitate to suggest your web site to anyone who will need tips about this matter.
Best view i have ever seen !
I really got into this article. I found it to be interesting and loaded with unique points of interest. I like to read material that makes me think. Thank you for writing this great content.
thank you for your sharing visit my web.
We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful information to work on. You have performed an impressive activity and our entire neighborhood can be thankful to you.
Best View i have ever seen !
Thank you for sharing, I really like the explanation given for what a persuasive speech is. I can really see my students grasping a good understanding of how they can refine their skills to writing their own persuasive speech. Do you have any example pieces of writing that show the above components?
We were happy viewing this site. We enjoy NFTs. Link to our digital art at . I would love new comments. Enjoy your day Thank you
naturally like your web site however you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the truth on the other hand I will surely come again again.
Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact loved account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your augment or even I fulfillment you get entry to consistently quickly.
Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is fantastic, let alone the content!
What’s up every one, here every person is sharing such experience, therefore it’s nice to read this web site, and I used to visit this web site everyday.
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.
If you desire to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply such techniques to your won blog.
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website.
Reading this info So i am glad to convey that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I most undoubtedly will make certain to don?t disregard this website and give it a glance regularly.
I really like your wp template, wherever did you download it from? Thank-you in advance!
How is it that just anyone can create a blog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said anything incredibly impressive more like youve painted a pretty picture about an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, right here. But do you actually think that you can get away with adding some quite pictures and not genuinely say anything?
Excellent post. Thanks pertaining to sharing these details. It’s really of great be an aid to me. From a person’s article, I know extra in this particular respect. I may continue paying attention to your write-up.
Asking questions are rewlly pleasant thing if you are not understanding something fully,except this article presents plleasant understanding yet. Bulldog frances gris criadrero bulldog françes
Your artical is very simple however , retains a little elegance together with grace. And with all the options along with customization you could have enabled, I’m sure it would appeal to a lot bloggers. It’s really commendable that you are interested in let people, the end users, to employ a wide selection of themes for the blogs.
Damn, Ive been looking for information like this for a while now. Thanks!
Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design.Superb choice of colors!
Hi, I just read texts on your website and I became interested in the topic. I like your article and I am thinking whether I could use your words in my work? Would it be probable? If yes, please contact with me. Thank you.
Major thankies for the blog.Thanks Again.
We are building a large collection of sex-related texts, easy to navigate, categorized, without advertising. Anyone can have us publish their texts, for free.
Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.
Hey, I remember, much too long since the last time I was here some. Well okay. I need it something I am working on, lucky it has a similar topic as this post. Glad, happy trails.
Thank you for the smart critique. Me & my neighbour were preparing to do some research about that. We got a superior book on that matter from our local library and most books where not as influensive as your details. Im quite glad to see these data which I was searching for a long time.
This is my first time pay a quick visit at herre and i am genuonely happy to read all at single place.
Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access persistently rapidly.
Hi my loved one! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all vital infos. I’d like to peer extra posts like this .
Im still learning from you, while Im making my way to the top as well. I definitely enjoy reading everything that is written on your blog.Keep the aarticles coming. I loved it!
Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this website on a regular basis, this website is in fact nice and the people are truly sharing nice thoughts.
Me and my close friend had been arguing about an difficulty related to this! Now I know that I was correct. lol! Appreciate it for the information you post.
Hi! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it!
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this. And he actually bought me breakfast due to the fact that I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this subject here on your internet site.
Great article thanks for sharing!
Wow! At last I got a webpage from where I know how to truly take useful facts concerning my study and knowledge.
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change arrangement between us
Hello I am so excited I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a fantastic post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.
This was a truly very good submit. In theory I’d wish to write like this also – getting time and actual effort to make a good piece of writing but what can I say I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to obtain some thing done.
Have you thought about adding some videos to your article? I think it might enhance viewers understanding.
It seems like we are residing in really wondrous times – at minimum poker -sensible. Why do you believe you make calls when you know you’re beat? Don’t make the error of playing as well many fingers.
Hi there, I discovered your web site by way of Google whilst looking for a related matter, your site got here up, it seems good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Amazing website I’m glad I have stumbled upon it.
What an amazing post this is, I will surely share it.
Good an very informative post. I will come back to your blog regullary. One thing: I do not exactly know what do you mean in the second paragraph. Could you please exmplain your opinion?
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my web site =). We may have a link exchange contract among us
thank you for your post.
My brother recommended I might like this website. He was totally right. This post actually made my day.
You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info!
hey there solid blog website and layout. I am hoping I am not annoying you I merely wanted to inquire precisely what wordpress plugin you use to show the newest commentary on your blog? I want to do exactly the same for my free apple iphone page but I cant find the plugin or widget for it. Thanks for your time
First off I want to say superb blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I’ve had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thank you!
This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me. Thanks!
Hello friends, pleasant post and nice arguments commented here, I am actually enjoying by these.
If you would like to improve your experience simply keep visiting this website and be updated with the latest information posted here.
I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post…
Hi there, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this post.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts . Regards
I got this web page from my pal who shared with me about this site and now this time I am browsing this web site and reading very informative articles or reviews at this time.
I like the valuable information you provide on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test again right here frequently. I am moderately sure I will learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!
Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.
It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!
Explore our out there positions whenever you click on HERE.
I really delighted to find this website on bing, just what I was searching for : D also saved to fav.
produce,It happens to be love people raised countless party while in the turntable, the main turntable will not avoid so that the overall victorious one that will not always appreciate what people.
Hello!I am following your weblog for some days now. I have to say that it is very easy to check out . It is added in my favourite list and i will try to track it frequently. Thank you for the nice posts . On top of that, i truthfully like your template and the way you have structured your content . Is it possible to tell me the name of your web template ? Thanks
I do trust all of the concepts you’ve presented for your post. They are really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.
I’d should talk to you here. Which is not some thing I do! I quite like reading a post which will make people believe. Also, many thanks permitting me to comment!
Hello.This post was extremely fascinating, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Thursday.
Hi there terrific blog! Does running a blog similar to this require a lot of work? I’ve absolutely no knowledge of computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I just had to ask. Kudos!
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.
Can you email me with any tips about how you made your blog look this cool , Id be thankful!
My family every time say that I am killing my time here at web, however I know I am getting experience all the time by reading such nice articles or reviews.
This piece of writing is genuinely a pleasant one it helps new theweb users, who are wishing in favor of blogging.
Hi, I log on to your blogs on a regular basis. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing!
Is it okay to post some of this on my page if I post a reference to this page?
inspiring insights you are sharing. I love the way you are sharing it. Is there any way I could get updated for more?
Concise and well crafted, appreciate the data. Would you care basically post some of this on my site basically incorporate a mention of the this website?
Nice blog right here! Also your website quite a bit up very fast! What host are you using? Can I am getting your associate link in your host? I want my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
Thank you for the post on your blog. Do you provide an RSS feed?
Great website! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more. I am bookmarking your feeds also
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks
I really like looking through an article that can make people think. Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!
Good day! I could have sworn Iíve been to this site before but after going through a few of the articles I realized itís new to me. Nonetheless, Iím definitely happy I discovered it and Iíll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!
The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done…
Your method of describing everything in this article is really pleasant, all be capable of simply understand it, Thanks a lot.
It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.
Someone necessarily assist to make critically articles I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and so far?
I amazed with the research you made to make this actual put up incredible. Excellent job!
After I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment. Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service? Thank you!
My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at net, except I know I am getting familiarity everyday by reading such fastidious articles.
Saved as a favorite, I really like your web site!
The road to addiction will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long. — Amanda Lindhout
Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with afterward you can write otherwise it is complicated to write.
I was very pleased to discover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new things in your website.
Fortunately, this book is available in all local shops or, even in the popular on-line shop now. Most of these joints will attempt to aggressively lure you in and consider you for a ride.
I love how your website looks, thanks for the post it was nice read.
Itís hard to find well-informed people about this topic, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I’ve read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this site.
You have brought up a very wonderful details, thanks for the post.
Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing.
You are so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve truly read through a single thing like that before. So good to discover somebody with a few original thoughts on this topic. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that’s needed on the web, someone with some originality!
Touche. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.
This website really has all the information and facts I wanted concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.
You May Also Like
Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Academic Burnout- 7 Ways Help with Homework Deals with It
Top 5 Skills to learn online in 2023
10 Online Study Help Tips to Get Better Learning Experience
20 Best Tips for Choosing Homework Help Website In 2023
Online homework help, get homework help.
Get Answer within 15-30 minutes
Check out our free tool Math Problem Solver
About tutorbin, what do we do.
We offer an array of online homework help and other services for our students and tutors to choose from based on their needs and expertise. As an integrated platform for both tutors and students, we provide real time sessions, online assignment and homework help and project work assistance.
Who are we?
TutorBin is an integrated online homework help and tutoring platform serving as a one stop solution for students and online tutors. Students benefit from the experience and domain knowledge of global subject matter experts.
Your Trusted Advisors for Admissions Success
Admissions and test prep resources to help you get into your dream schools
110 Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics to Impress Your Audience
Learn how to give an impressive persuasive speech and explore our comprehensive list of persuasive speech ideas .
What makes a good persuasive speech topic, how to create and deliver a compelling persuasive speech, 110 interesting persuasive speech topics, introduction .
Are you having a hard time coming up with the right persuasive speech topic? One that isn’t boring or cliche? Are you looking for a persuasive speech topic that will both interest you and captivate your audience? It’s easier said than done, right?
Creating and delivering an interesting persuasive speech is a major endeavor. The last thing you want is to get stuck on the first step—selecting a persuasive speech topic. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. To help you identify the perfect persuasive speech topic for you, we’ve compiled a list of 110 compelling persuasive speech ideas. Every single one of these ideas has the potential to be an outstanding persuasive speech.
In addition, we’ll peel back the curtain to teach you what makes a good persuasive speech topic and give you expert tips on delivering a successful persuasive speech that will convince and astound your audience.
Want to know exactly what it takes to get into America’s most selective colleges?
Get the free 110-page guide we use to help our students routinely get admitted to schools like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford: How to Get Into America’s Elite Colleges: The Ultimate Guide
100% privacy. No spam. Ever.
Thank you! Your guide is on its way. In the meantime, please let us know how we can help you crack the college admissions code . You can also learn more about our 1-on-1 college admissions support here .
There are three questions you can use to determine which persuasive speech topics will lead to enthusiastic applause and standing ovations.
Does the persuasive speech topic interest you?
A major part of writing a persuasive speech is doing ample research on the subject you choose. So one of the first things you should ask yourself when considering a potential persuasive speech topic is, “Would I enjoy learning about this subject extensively?” If you can’t answer that question with an emphatic, “Yes!” you might want to continue your topic search. You don’t want to spend hours diving into a subject you don’t enjoy.
Plus, an audience can easily pick up on boredom or lack of interest in a persuasive speech, and you clearly don’t want that. On the other hand, if you’re explaining a subject you’re passionate about, your audience will get caught up in your excitement—resulting in a much more compelling and persuasive speech.
Here’s another word of advice. Some people will tell you to pick a persuasive speech topic you’re already an expert in, and that’s certainly one way to go about it. While we won’t tell you being an expert in the subject should be your top deciding factor, this approach has its advantages—you’re already familiar with the lingo and the basics of the subject are. This helps you significantly speed up your research process. But if you have the time and willingness to tackle an entirely unfamiliar subject that utterly fascinates you, we say go for it!
Will the persuasive speech topic interest your audience?
So you’ve found a few persuasive speech topics that interest you. But what about your audience? Do they share your interest? Even if you argue your points with enthusiasm, will they be bored by your subject?
To answer these questions, you have to understand your audience well. Study them to learn what grabs their attention. What do they care about? What topics are relatable to their lives or their communities? What subjects will they be more likely to get emotionally invested in?
When you find persuasive speech topics that equally interest you and your audience, you’re setting yourself up for success.
Has the persuasive speech topic been covered too many times?
This is the last question you should ask yourself before committing to your persuasive speech topic. Has this topic been overdone? Even if your audience is invested in the subject, they’ll be quickly bored if they’ve listened to ten similar speeches prior to hearing yours. You won’t be persuasive if your listeners can predict each of your arguments before you give them.
Instead, search for persuasive speech topics that are unique and fresh—something your audience hasn’t heard a hundred times before. The one exception to this is if you can approach an overworked topic with a completely fresh and unusual perspective. For example, maybe you can approach the gun control debate as someone whose friend died from an accidental shooting, but your family still owns guns and enjoys hunting as a pastime.
Once you’ve chosen your persuasive speech topic (our list of 110 riveting persuasive speech ideas is coming next!) and completed your research on the subject, you’ll begin the writing process. Use this step-by-step approach to produce an outstanding speech that easily persuades your audience to adopt your viewpoint.
Determine your thesis. What opinion or belief are you convincing your audience to embrace? Are you asking them to take a specific action after listening to your speech? Just as you do when writing a college essay , make sure your thesis or call-to-action is crystal clear before you start writing.
Organize your main arguments. Create an outline of the evidence or points you’ve collected to support your thesis. Make sure your ideas flow logically into each other and build your case.
Support your arguments with facts and examples. You’ll want to use multiple sources for your evidence, with a preference for well-known or reputable sources. (Please don’t cite Wikipedia!) You can also get personal by using anecdotes from your own life or the lives of someone close to you. This will increase your persuasive speech’s impact.
Add emotional connections with your audience. Make your argument more powerful by appealing to your audience’s sense of nostalgia and common beliefs. Another tactic (which marketers use all the time) is to appeal to your listeners’ fears and rely on their instincts for self-preservation.
Address counterarguments. Rather than waiting for your audience to think up objections to the points you make, do it yourself. Then dispute those objections with additional facts, examples, and anecdotes.
Wrap up your persuasive speech with a strong conclusion. In your closing, restate your thesis, tug on your audience’s heartstrings one last time with an emotional connection, and deliver your decisive call to action.
Now that you have a strongly written persuasive speech, your final task is this: practice, practice, and practice some more! We guarantee your delivery won’t be perfect on your first attempt. But on your tenth or fifteenth, it just might be.
Record yourself delivering your persuasive speech so you can play it back and analyze your areas needing improvement. Are your pauses too long or not long enough? Did you sufficiently emphasize your emotional points? Are your anecdotes coming out naturally? How is your body language? What about your hand movements and eye contact?
When you’re feeling more comfortable, deliver your speech to a friend or family member and ask for feedback. This will put your public speaking skills to the test. Ensure they understood your main points, connected emotionally, and had all their objections answered. Once you’ve fine tuned your persuasive speech based on your warm-up audience’s feedback, you’ll be ready for the real thing.
Now for the fun part! We’ve compiled a list of 110 persuasive speech topics—broken down by category—for you to choose from or use as inspiration. Use the set of three questions we shared above to determine which of these interesting persuasive speech topics is right for you.
Art, Media, and Culture
Should tattoos still be considered “unprofessional”?
Do romantic movies and books glorify an unrealistic idea of love and lead to heartbreak?
Should offensive and inappropriate language be removed from classic literature?
Does watching TV shows or movies about teenage suicide encourage it or prevent it?
Is creating films and documentaries about criminals glorifying them and inspiring some to become criminals themselves?
Should art and music therapy be prioritized over traditional talk therapy?
College and Career
Should the cost of college be reduced?
Are income-share agreements better for students than taking out student loans?
Should college athletes be paid like professional athletes are?
Are same-sex colleges beneficial or antiquated?
Should everyone go to college?
What are the benefits of taking a gap year before starting college?
Would removing tenure and job-protection from professors improve or reduce the quality of higher education?
Has the traditional college model become outdated in the age of the Internet?
Should you pursue a career based on your passions or a career based on earning potential?
Economy and Work
Should the federal minimum wage be increased?
Is the boom of e-commerce harmful or beneficial to small communities?
Should everyone receive paid maternity and paternity leave?
Is capitalism a harmful or beneficial economic system?
Should manufacturing and outsourced work be moved back to the United States?
Would three-day weekends increase work productivity?
Should working from home be the new standard?
Why should we pay more to support small businesses and services instead of going to large companies and retailers?
Should the US establish mandatory military service for all its young people, such as the countries of Israel and South Korea do?
Should there be a mandatory retirement age?
Should classes about mental health and wellness be added to school curriculum?
At what age or grade should sex education be taught in schools?
How can sex education be taught more effectively?
Should school funding be dependent on taxes of district residents or should all schools receive an equal amount of funding from the state?
What are the benefits of year-round schools?
Are charter schools hurting or helping low-income communities?
Is homeschooling beneficial or harmful to children?
Should students on the Autism spectrum be integrated into regular classrooms?
What should be the qualifications for books to be banned from schools?
Should advanced math classes in high school be replaced with more practical courses on financial literacy and understanding taxes?
Are grades an accurate representation of learning?
Should we switch to the metric system?
What is the most important book every high school student in America should read?
What are the benefits of teaching art and music classes in high school?
Should independent learning be offered as a larger option in high school?
What are the benefits of making preschool free to all families?
Environment and Conservation
Should fuel-run vehicles be banned?
How does it benefit nature to reduce human paper consumption?
Should it be okay to own exotic animals as pets?
Should hunting be made illegal?
What is the biggest current threat to the environment and how would you suggest we remedy it?
Should disposable diapers be banned?
Should zoos and animal theme parks (such as Sea World) be closed?
Family and Religion
Should children have the right to virtual and physical privacy from their parents?
“It takes a village to raise a child.” How important is a community in raising children?
Is it better for a young child to attend daycare or stay home with a parent?
Should children be told to believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?
Nature vs. nurture—which is the most powerful influence on a person’s character?
Should parents have to give approval in order for their minor children to receive birth control?
How does learning about family ancestors impact you in the present and future?
Should parents teach their kids about sex or is it the responsibility of the school system?
What is the most beneficial parenting style and why?
Should cults receive protection under freedom of religion?
What are the benefits of belonging to a religious community?
Should parents force their children to go to church or let them decide for themselves?
Government and International Relations
Should states have the ability to secede from the U.S.?
Should Puerto Rico be added as a state to the U.S.?
How long should judges serve on the Supreme Court?
Should the U.S. have open borders?
Should the U.S. get involved when leaders of other countries commit human rights violations against their own people?
Is the U.S. overly dependent on manufactured goods and imports from other countries?
Should the government focus on increasing revenue or reducing spending?
Health and Medicine
Should universal health care be freely given to everyone?
Should soda and candy be banned from school campuses?
Should tobacco products be completely banned in America?
Is a plant-based diet better than a meat-based diet?
Should addiction counseling and treatment be covered by health insurance?
Would taxing fast food help combat obesity?
Should we ban all genetically modified foods?
What would be the benefits of making all birth control methods (e.g. condoms, the pill) free of charge?
Should homeopathic and alternative medical treatments be covered by health insurance?
Politics and Society
Should voting become mandatory?
What could politicians do to appeal to younger generations of voters?
Should prisoners have the right to vote?
Would it be better in the U.S. if elected politicians were younger?
Should the police use rubber bullets instead of real bullets?
Are private, for-profit prisons a threat to prisoners’ rights?
Should U.S. military funding be increased or decreased?
Should there be stricter or looser restrictions to qualify for welfare assistance?
Is our current two-party political system good enough or in need of replacing?
Should major corporations be eligible for tax breaks?
How can the current policy on undocumented immigrants in America be improved?
Should it be illegal for politicians to receive donations from large corporations?
Science and Technology
Should animal testing be banned?
Should organ donation be optional or mandated for all?
Is artificial intelligence a threat?
Should parents be allowed to scientifically alter their children’s genes?
What is the best option for renewable energy?
Should military forces be allowed to use drones in warfare?
Should self-driving cars be illegal?
Do the benefits of the internet outweigh the loss of privacy?
Should it be illegal for companies to sell their consumers’ information?
Should the government more strictly regulate the Internet?
How much screen time is too much?
Should everyone receive free internet?
Should we build a colony on the moon?
At what age should children be allowed to be on social media?
Should schools be responsible for teaching safe social media education?
When should children be allowed to have a cell phone?
What should the punishment be for cyberbullying?
Do online friendships have the same benefits as in-person friendships?
Are social media influencers beneficial or harmful to society?
Has the popularity of “selfies” increased self-confidence or self-centeredness?
Is cancel culture a positive or a negative thing?
What are the most reliable, unbiased sources to receive news and information?
How to Get Into Harvard Undergrad: Strategies and Essays That Worked
Ivy League Acceptance Rates 2021: What You're Up Against
Extracurricular Activities for College Admissions: The Ultimate Guide (Examples Included)
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
Easy and Unique Persuasive Essay Topics with Tips
15 min read
Published on: Jan 4, 2023
Last updated on: Jan 30, 2023
On This Page On This Page
You're staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with a topic for your persuasive essay. You know you need to pick something interesting, but you're unsure where to start.
It's hard to get motivated when it feels like everything has already been said on the topic you're considering. You are wondering how can you make your essay stand out.
The good news is that CollegeEssay.org is here to help.
We have compiled a list of potential persuasive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you are looking for something controversial, humorous, or informative – we have it all.
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics below to get started.
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Writing a persuasive essay can be quite an interesting task for students. It allows them to showcase their research and analytic skills and present their thoughts orderly.
Choosing the right topic is key to making the writing process more enjoyable.
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- What are the benefits of a longer school day?
- How can technology help improve student engagement and learning?
- Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
- Should physical education be mandatory in all schools?
- How can schools better prepare students for entering the job market?
- Should a student’s grade be based solely on test performance?
- Is it important to limit screen time, or should there not be restrictions?
- Should recess time be increased or decreased in school?
- Is it beneficial for students to take part in after-school activities?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should school lunch prices be lowered to make it more accessible for all students?
- Is there an argument for allowing cell phone usage in the classroom?
- Should schools offer a wider variety of electives?
- Is there a persuasive case for requiring physical education classes in elementary and middle schools?
- Should students be allowed to opt-out of standardized testing?
- Is the current homework load for elementary and middle school students too much?
- Should school provide free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of financial status?
- Should sixth-grade classes have more field trips and outdoor activities?
- Should students have access to more technology in the classroom?
- Is there an argument for making recess mandatory for all grade levels?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Should students be required to do community service projects to graduate?
- Is it necessary for all student-athletes to take mandatory drug tests?
- Are the current laws on gun control sufficient enough?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should teenage drivers be allowed to have passengers in their cars?
- Is standardized testing an effective measure of student success?
- Should homework be abolished in schools?
- Should young children be allowed to use mobile phones or tablets at school?
- Are video games too violent for young children?
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should physical education classes be mandatory in high school?
- Is a strict dress code necessary for student success?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student achievement?
- Does social media have a positive or negative impact on teenagers?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should cell phones be prohibited in the classroom?
- Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald's or Taco Bell?
- Is competitive sports necessary for a well-rounded education?
- Are after-school activities essential to a student’s development?
- Should students be allowed to choose their classes?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities require all students to take at least one course in diversity studies?
- Should universities implement free speech zones on campuses?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is it ethical for employers to ask about an applicant’s criminal history during the hiring process?
- Should college students be required to take a foreign language course?
- Should the US government provide free tuition for all qualifying students?
- Is it ethical to use animals in scientific research?
- Are standardized tests an adequate measure of academic aptitude and ability?
- Should paper textbooks be replaced with e-books?
- Should all students be required to learn coding and computer science in school?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should universities offer free tuition to all students?
- Are special scholarships beneficial for university students?
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Is it important for universities to provide mental health resources to their students?
- How can universities help prevent cheating and plagiarism among students?
- Should universities be required to provide online courses?
- Are university degree requirements outdated and irrelevant?
- Is it necessary for university students to take physical education classes?
- Does the presence of social media in academia positively or negatively impact learning?
- Should universities prioritize research over teaching?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
When choosing essay topics, there is no shortage of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields available.
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields:
Arts & Culture
- Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures?
- Should the government fund public art programs?
- Are comic books an important form of literature?
- Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
- Is the traditional concept of beauty outdated in today’s society?
- Is it important for the public to have access to art galleries and museums?
- Do modern movies have any real artistic value?
- Are video games a form of art?
- Should government funding be given to the performing arts?
- Does the music industry put too much emphasis on image rather than talent?
- Should governments guarantee a minimum wage?
- Should the government subsidize green energy projects?
- Is it necessary to introduce higher taxes on wealthy people?
- Are free trade agreements beneficial or detrimental to developing countries?
- Can economic growth be sustained without harming the environment?
- Is immigration beneficial or detrimental to a country’s economic growth?
- Should governments limit the size of banks and financial institutions?
- Is it necessary for countries to regulate their currency markets?
- Should governments invest in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels?
- Should high officials pay more taxes?
- Should students be required to complete a certain number of community service hours to graduate?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all public schools?
- Are textbooks becoming obsolete due to technological advances?
- Should the education system focus more on practical subjects such as coding and programming?
- Is the current grading system in public schools fair and effective?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional schooling?
- Should standardized testing be abolished from the education system?
- Should teachers receive bonuses for good performance in the classroom?
- Are students more likely to succeed if they attend a private school or university?
- Should all students have access to free college tuition?
- Is using animals in medical research ethical?
- Should parents be allowed to choose their child’s gender?
- Should companies be held responsible for the pollution they create?
- Are businesses obligated to act ethically when conducting business abroad?
- Is it ethical to censor content on the internet?
- Should the government enforce stricter regulations on genetically modified food?
- Is it ethical to use artificial intelligence in decision-making processes?
- Should corporations be allowed to have their own private security forces?
- Are restrictions on freedom of speech necessary for public safety?
- Do companies have an ethical responsibility to pay fair wages?
Government and Politics
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should term limits be placed on members of Congress?
- Are taxes too high in the United States?
- Should voting be mandatory for all citizens?
- Is the Electoral College still relevant today?
- Does the death penalty serve as a deterrent to crime?
- Should the US switch to a single-payer health care system?
- Should there be limits on campaign spending?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Is it time to repeal the Second Amendment?
- Is legalizing marijuana an ethical practice?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their child?
- Is it ethical to test medicines on animals?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of genetic engineering?
- Are there any health risks associated with using digital screens too often?
- Should physical education be mandatory in every school?
- Is the healthcare system in your country adequate for your needs?
- Are there any benefits to eating organic food?
- How does mental health affect physical health?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for all children?
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Were the American Colonists justified in rebelling against Great Britain?
- Did Christopher Columbus’ discoveries benefit or harm indigenous populations?
- What effect did Genghis Khan have on world history?
- Did World War I significantly change the course of history?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Did Napoleon Bonaparte’s rule bring about positive or negative changes for France and Europe?
- Should the United States annexed the Philippines in 1898?
- How did the Great Depression shape world history?
- Is there any validity to the theory of a “clash of civilizations”?
- Should artificial intelligence be regulated?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Is the internet making us less social?
- Should research into cloning be banned?
- Are there moral issues related to genetic engineering?
- Should governments fund space exploration programs?
- Are smart home devices making us more vulnerable to cyberattacks?
- Should the government regulate social media use?
- Are robots taking away jobs from humans?
- Should nuclear energy be used as an alternative to fossil fuels?
- Should professional athletes be drug tested?
- Is there a gender gap in sports?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Does skill or luck decide the outcome of sports competitions?
- Are sporting events becoming too commercialized?
- Is it necessary to increase public funding for sporting events?
- Is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports cheating or fair?
- Should college students be able to choose their own sports teams?
- Do professional sports hurt young people?
- Should parents allow children to play violent video games?
- Should schools replace textbooks with tablets?
- Are algorithms replacing human decision-making in the workplace?
- Is it time to regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Can artificial intelligence and robots be used to improve healthcare outcomes?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Should Internet access be a basic human right?
- Should social media platforms do more to protect user privacy?
- Is blockchain technology the future of banking and finance?
- Are virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa invading privacy?
- Can we trust that autonomous weapons system will make ethical decisions in war?
Here are a few social media persuasive essay topics. Take a look at them.
- Is social media a positive or negative influence on society?
- Should employers be able to access an employee's social media accounts?
- Should people be allowed to post anonymously online?
- How can parents protect their children from the risks of using social media?
- Does the spread of fake news on social media hurt society?
- Should governments regulate online speech on social media?
- Should employers be allowed to conduct background checks using social media?
- Is the personal data of individuals safe from exploitation by corporate interests on social media platforms?
- Are people spending too much time on their digital devices?
- Is the use of social media by young people making them more isolated?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the death penalty be reinstated in all states?
- Should gun control laws be stricter?
- Is global warming a real threat?
- Are vaccinations safe for children?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Should marijuana be made legal?
- Does school uniform violate personal freedom?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in the market?
- Should sex education in school be mandatory?
- Should animal testing be banned?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should cats be allowed to go to school?
- Should people have a minimum number of friends before they can graduate?
- Is it okay to laugh at your own jokes?
- Should parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Are video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should kids be allowed to wear pajamas in public places?
- Should students have to pass a test before they can drive a car?
- Are cell phones essential for teenagers or should they be limited?
- Should everyone learn how to cook their meals?
- Would it be better if all schools had the same uniform?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the internet have censorship?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?
- Is social media good or bad for society?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Should school attendance be mandatory for students?
- Are video games too violent and negatively influencing children?
- Should religious education be banned from public schools?
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a writing topic for your persuasive essay writing is essential.
The right topic will let you draft an exceptional and well-written essay. Selecting a persuasive essay topic might sound easy, but it can be challenging.
You cannot randomly start writing a persuasive essay about any topic and expect your essay to be brilliant.
To select the best topic for your essay, take these essential steps:
1. Know your Interests - You can only draft an effective essay if you are writing about something that interests you. When you write something you are passionate about, the enthusiasm helps to persuade the readers.
2. Narrow Down Ideas - Make a rough list of the topic of your interest. Then, analyze all the issues and identify topics you think you can present well.
3. Pick your Stance - Now that you know the information is sufficient on a topic, decide your stance. Pick a side to support with evidence and logic.
4. Controversy is the Best Policy - People love to read about controversial stuff. It is more likely that the readers will go through the entire essay to ease their curiosity.
After passing your ideas through these filters, you will have a strong and arguable topic to draft an essay on.
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
Whether you are in school, college, or university, crafting an effective persuasive essay can be difficult.
Fortunately, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a compelling, persuasive essay that will make your readers take notice.
Here are six tips to help you write a compelling, persuasive essay:
1. Choose Your Topic Carefully
You need to select a relevant and interesting topic for your audience. Make sure you feel passionate about it and can present it logically and convincingly.
2. Do Extensive Research
Before beginning your essay, research your topic as much as possible. So you can present both sides of the argument in an informed, balanced way.
3. Identify Your Audience
Before writing your persuasive essay, consider who will be reading it and their interests.
This will help you write in a language that resonates with them and ensure that your arguments suit their understanding.
4. Use Logical Arguments
It is important to provide logical and compelling arguments to be persuasive. Make sure you use facts, statistics, and other evidence to make your points more convincing.
5. Structure Your Essay Well
An effective persuasive essay should be well-organized. Divide it into an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Pay attention to the structure of your essay, as it can help you make your points more effectively.
Learn how to make a perfect persuasive essay outline with the help of our blog.
6. Make It Engaging
An engaging, persuasive essay will capture your audience’s attention from beginning to end.
Use various techniques to make your essay interesting and engaging, such as using examples, analogies, and persuasive language.
We hope you are inspired by our comprehensive list of topics. Pick up a topic that entices you and start working on it. By following these amazing tips and tricks, you can surely compose an essay that will wow your professor.
Still not sure how to draft a perfect essay? Well, leave it to us. Our essay writing service helps you craft your argument in the most effective way possible to get the desired results.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the process! Trust our professional persuasive essay writer .
Let CollegeEssay.org’s persuasive essay writing service guide you on your journey and take your writing to the next level.
Take the stress out of writing persuasive essays and get the results you need with our expert essay writer .
Frequently Asked Questions
How can i choose a good persuasive essay topic.
When selecting a persuasive essay topic, consider an issue that is interesting to you and has two or more opposing viewpoints. Research various resources about the topic to gain a better perspective
What strategies can I use for writing a persuasive essay?
When writing a persuasive essay, establish facts from reliable sources to support your argument. Be concise but thorough, and use persuasive language to strengthen your argument.
How can I make my persuasive essay stand out?
To make your persuasive essay stand out, use vivid language and strong, specific evidence to support each point. Make sure all sources are current and relevant to the argument being made. With these elements, your persuasive essay will stand out from the rest!
Cathy A. (Literature, Marketing)
For more than five years now, Cathy has been one of our most hardworking authors on the platform. With a Masters degree in mass communication, she knows the ins and outs of professional writing. Clients often leave her glowing reviews for being an amazing writer who takes her work very seriously.
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Basics of Crafting an Outstanding Persuasive Essay Outline
Ace Your Next Essay With These Persuasive Essay Examples!
Persuasive Essay About Gun Control - Best Examples for Students
Top Examples of Persuasive Essay about Covid-19
Learn How To Write An Impressive Persuasive Essay About Business
Learn How to Craft a Compelling Persuasive Essay About Abortion With Examples!
Make Your Point: Tips and Examples for Writing a Persuasive Essay About Online Education
Learn How To Craft a Powerful Persuasive Essay About Bullying
Craft an Engaging Persuasive Essay About Smoking: Examples & Tips
Learn How to Write a Persuasive Essay About Social Media With Top Examples
Craft an Effective Argument: Examples of Persuasive Essay About Death Penalty
Share this article
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics For College Student
19 Sep 2022
How to choose an interesting topic for persuasive essay, what you should know when writing a persuasive essay, funny persuasive essay topics, good persuasive essay topics for college students, persuasive essay topics for high school, persuasive essay topics for middle school, best persuasive essay topics in 2023.
An essay is an attempt to communicate information, opinions, or feelings, and it usually presents an argument on a topic. In an academic context, an essay is an exercise student can explore and clarify his or her ideas on a subject.
If you are thinking about how to write a persuasive essay , you need to know that writing an essay is a complex process. Issues such as choosing a topic and conducting thorough research are involved with the chosen topic. The analysis of the paper and the design of the arguments also need to support the issues presented. Therefore, an important focus will be placed on the steps to create a strong persuasive essay. Choosing an engaging and persuasive essay topic will set the rules of construction and its final form.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
Hiring a writer's professional persuasive essay writing service can be an option when you are facing some problems in creating an essay. Professional help can be found online with people who have skills in this domain – an important option if you have to make a speech about a topic and your grade is split between an oral presentation and the written one.
Need help with writing a persuasive essay?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
The first step in making an essay is to find a relevant topic to not only make the task more engaging but to motivate yourself to help write a more convincing essay. At this stage, it is also necessary to narrow down the topic by adopting a particular position towards a subject or a sub-topic.
If you have problems establishing a position on the subject you want to address, brainstorm with others or work individually and write down the ideas that go through your mind, no matter how irrelevant or strange they may seem. At the next stage, start to make connections between ideas and group them into sub-topics developing them and explore in detail. And if you find yourself at a dead end, then you can buy essay online today and get a ready-made result in the time frame you need.
If you are looking for funny and interesting persuasive topics, you should consider these topics for a persuasive essay:
- Blondes are best in science
- Humour can improve your work results.
- Men cheat more than women.
- Drinking wine every day can make you healthier.
- Homework should be forbidden.
- Why is it important to unfriend your parents on Facebook?
- Moms can be excellent football players.
- Debatable essays should be made with important speakers.
- “Family Guy” can be a life model for children.
- Men love pink more than women.
When you want a good essay and impress your audience you can check these solutions for your persuasive essay:
- Work hard in the workplace to feel better.
- Choose your clothes for your dream job.
- Why do people feel the importance to always be right?
- Do embarrassing situations make people change their life?
- People who experience devastating situations appreciate their life more.
- Why should people try new things?
- If you want something strong, how do you succeed?
- Self-confidence makes you successful.
- Hobbies improve your personal skills.
- Is music an efficient stress reliever in reducing depression?
- The possibility of facing a war.
- Homework writing assignments should be replaced with oral presentations.
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world.
- Students of any age should keep their phones with them.
- School cafeterias should implement more rigorous health policies.
- Colleges should provide their students with free food.
- Can money make your life better?
- Should students study each day?
- Why do children love pets?
- What is more important - recycling or donating?
In the next section, you will find topics on persuasive essay that can be amazing ideas for persuasive speech and essay for both high and middle school.
Great persuasive essay topics for high school include:
- Death penalty as an effective way to scare off criminals.
- Things the older generation can learn from the modern-day youth.
- Higher taxes for rich people will favor financial balance.
- People should be discouraged from keeping rare and exotic animals as pets.
- Why it is best to always remain honest in life situations.
- The positive role hobbies can play in people’s careers.
- Kindness is one of the most important human qualities.
- Joining the army should be a decision that young people should make on their own.
- Embarrassing situations can help make people more confident.
- Human needs should be placed before the needs of wild animals.
- Treating animal habitats with respect and care is important.
- Things man must learn to ensure that rare species are kept from extinction.
- It is best for every family to have a survival plan after a natural disaster.
- Providing free internet access is great for everyone.
- Parenting lessons should be made compulsory for pregnant couples.
- Life is richer and better now than it was 50 years before.
- Everyone must recycle.
- Man’s activities are the essential causes of climate change.
- The use of Grades should be discouraged.
- Adults should carry electroshock weapons to defend themselves.
Some suitable topics for a persuasive essay in middle school include:
- The ability to fly is the most amazing superpower.
- Some scientific discoveries should not be shared with others.
- The most boring job in the world.
- Children and chores.
- Kids should be paid for doing chores.
- Children should be given larger allowances.
- The fascinating places for summer vacation.
- Why I study during the summer.
- The role of school newspaper & radio in the life of students.
- Importance of social media in the lives of students.
- Gym class is more important than a music class.
- School time should be made flexible.
- The world is ours to change.
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- Schools need more holidays.
- Schools should implement bullying awareness programs
- Bullies should be kicked out of school.
- How the internet has changed our lives.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- The worst song in the world.
For college, try these trendy persuasive essay topics 2023!
- Every American should learn to speak a second language from primary school.
- Every immigrant should learn to speak fluent English.
- High school campuses should be safeguarded by soldiers.
- The legal drinking age should be 18 as it is in other countries.
- Kids under 12 shouldn't have a Facebook account.
- Standardized examinations should be removed.
- Every family should create a survival plan.
- Parents should discuss drugs with their children from primary school age.
- Racial offenses should be banned.
- Gun possession should be firmly controlled.
- Yearly driving examinations should be required for novice drivers.
- All Americans have a constitutional right to health care.
- Pregnant couples should receive free training for parenting.
- Children need better sex education.
- School examinations are not realistic.
- Violent video games can trigger people to act aggressively in real life.
- Nuclear power should be prohibited.
- Climate change should be the most important political concern.
- Medical marijuana should universally be legal.
- People should go to prison if they beat or injure their pets.
It is important to get good grades in college as it is an investment in your future and a great opportunity for the future carrier. If you need to submit a persuasive essay and you don’t feel confident in your writing, you can use our professional writing service. We can help you with paper at any subject you need, like psychology, sociology, politics, economics, management, human resources, art, history, literature, etc. Our writers provide a completely unique and high-quality assignment. If you are ready to get the best grade, buy a persuasive essay at our platform. We guarantee you timely delivery and satisfaction with a perfect result.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Dr. Karlyna PhD
I am a proficient writer from the United States with over five years of experience in academic writing. I comfortably complete given assignments within stipulated deadlines and at the same time deliver high-quality work, which follows the guidelines provided.
Readers also enjoyed
165 opinion essay topics to write about.
Essay Writing Guides 12 likes
How to Write an Academic Essay - Full Guidance
Essay Writing Guides 14 likes
Turn a tide: Guide on Mastering the Counter Argument
Essay Writing Guides 75 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Know Interesting Higher English Persuasive Essay Topics!!
Are you looking for interesting Higher English persuasive essay topics? If yes, you’ve come to the correct place! In this article, we’ll share some of the most popular and interesting Higher English persuasive essay topics that students often choose. We hope this will help you narrow down your choices and choose a topic you’ll be able to write about easily. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
For more detail please visit : https://assignmentshelp.co/know-interesting-higher-english-persuasive-essay-topics/
no comments yet
Be the first to share what you think!
- Graphic Designers
- Editing Services
- Academic Editing Services
- Admissions Editing Services
- Admissions Essay Editing Services
- APA Style Editing Services
- Application Essay Editing Services
- Book Editing Services
- Business Editing Services
- Capstone Paper Editing Services
- Children's Book Editing Services
- College Application Editing Services
- Comprehensive Editing Services
- Content Editing Services
- Copy Editing Services
- Cover Letter Editing Services
- Developmental Editing Services
- Dissertation Editing Services
- eBook Editing Services
- English Editing Services
- Essay Editing Services
- Fiction Editing Services
- Journal Article Editing Services
- Legal Editing Services
- Letter Editing Services
- Line Editing Services
- Literary Editing Services
- Manuscript Editing Services
- Medical Editing Services
- MLA Style Editing Services
- Nonfiction Editing Services
- Novel Editing Services
- Paper Editing Services
- Personal Statement Editing Services
- Proposal Editing Services
- Report Editing Services
- Research Paper Editing Services
- Résumé Editing Services
- Scientific Editing Services
- Short Story Editing Services
- Statement of Purpose Editing Services
- Story Editing Services
- Structural Editing Services
- Substantive Editing Services
- Technical Editing Services
- Thesis Editing Services
- Website Content Editing Services
- Proofreading Services
- Academic Proofreading Services
- Admissions Proofreading Services
- Admissions Essay Proofreading Services
- APA Style Proofreading Services
- Application Essay Proofreading Services
- Book Proofreading Services
- Business Proofreading Services
- Children's Book Proofreading Services
- College Application Proofreading Services
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- eBook Proofreading Services
- English Proofreading Services
- Essay Proofreading Services
- Fiction Proofreading Services
- Legal Proofreading Services
- Letter Proofreading Services
- Literary Proofreading Services
- Manuscript Proofreading Services
- Nonfiction Proofreading Services
- Novel Proofreading Services
- Paper Proofreading Services
- Personal Statement Proofreading Services
- Proposal Proofreading Services
- Statement of Purpose Proofreading Services
- Thesis Proofreading Services
- Website Content Proofreading Services
- Translation Services
- Chinese Translation Services
- French Translation Services
- Italian Translation Services
- Spanish Translation Services
- Graphic Design Services
- Writing Services
- Blog Writing Services
- Content Writing Services
- Copy Writing Services
- Cover Letter Writing Services
- Curriculum Vitae Writing Services
- Dating Profile Writing Services
- LinkedIn® Profile Writing Services
- Match.com® Profile Writing Services
- Résumé Writing Services
- SEO Writing Services
- Website Content Writing Services
Please enter the email address you used for your account. Your sign in information will be sent to your email address after it has been verified.
75 Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas
The persuasive essay is one type of writing that you will likely come across in your academic career. A persuasive essay, if you're unfamiliar, is one in which you have to make an argument. You need to choose a side and prove why you're correct by using hard evidence and convincing language. The idea is that you want to convince the reader that your argument is the right one, so you'll definitely want to pick a topic that you're passionate about and something that you'll get excited about researching and writing. This exercise is designed so that you can clearly articulate your opinion and understand why it's important to have evidence to back up your claim.
Your teacher or instructor will probably have specific guidelines on what your essay should entail, but you might have a little bit of free reign on what kinds of topics you can explore and argue about in your essay. With so many things to argue about and for, it might be a little overwhelming to come up with a topic on your own. When you feel like you're stuck on brainstorming ideas, take a look at the following list of 75 persuasive essay topics. You may find something you can use, or something you can adapt for the specific guidelines of your paper. Happy writing!
Educational persuasive essay topics
There are so many things that can be discussed when it comes to education. In our country (and globally), there are many different opinions on how education should be handled and what tactics teachers or academic administrators should use. Here are a few topics on education (which could be expanded or changed to fit your teacher's guidelines) that might be of interest to you.
- Should soda be offered in school cafeterias?
- Should schools teach abstinence-only education?
- Why should schools teach financial literacy?
- Do all students need to go to college?
- Should students take a gap year after high school?
- Do all students need to learn a foreign language?
- Is online or homeschool an effective way to learn?
- Should standardized tests determine whether or not you go on to another grade level?
- Should all students be required to participate in the arts?
- Should a college education be free?
- Should high school journalists be protected under the First Amendment?
- Some universities just have pass/fail grades instead of letter grades. How do you feel about this?
- Should teachers/professors be unbiased in the classroom?
- Should you still learn cursive in elementary school? What are the disadvantages/ advantages?
- Many college campuses have speakers come in occasionally. These speakers can range in political opinion and some can be controversial. Should you let speakers come to schools that have controversial rhetoric or ideas to uphold free speech?
Political persuasive essay topics
They say that you should never talk about politics or religion because it's not polite. But in a persuasive essay, that rule is completely extinguished. Politics and religion are hotbed subjects for a reason—because so many people have radically different ideas of how a society and a country should operate. What side of these political persuasive topics are you on? Take a stab at one of these and the paper will likely fly out onto the keyboard.
- Should protesters be allowed to block traffic? Do they pose a threat to public safety?
- Why should you vote?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- What is your opinion on protecting religious liberties?
- What is your opinion on separating church and state?
- Why has the country become so divided politically over the past few years? Can it be fixed?
- Many industries (like coal and manufacturing) are tough to find a job in and many Americans are out of work. How should we solve this problem?
- Should citizens under 18 be able to vote?
- Should a National Voter ID law be passed to avoid voter fraud?
- What does the phrase "fake news" mean?
- Local newspapers are dwindling. What should be done, if anything, about this problem?
- Should local municipalities do more to combat global warming? If so, how?
- How should we reduce the threat of terrorism in the United States?
- Females have traditionally lower participation in politics. Why do you think that is?
- Some people say that the top 1% of earners don't pay enough taxes. How do you feel about this?
- Will a huge wall on the southern border with Mexico solve the United States' immigration problem?
- How should we solve the United States' immigration problem?
- The voter turnout for the 2016 presidential election was less than 60%, which is much lower than in other democratic societies. Why do you think this is and what can be done about it (or should anything be done about it)?
- Millennials are graduating college with a lot of student loan debt. What should be done to avoid a debt crisis?
- Many say that minimum wage jobs are low skill and the workers in them shouldn't be compensated more for their work, but others claim that a minimum wage job isn't enough money to live off of. Which side do you land on?
- What do you think of celebrities who are vocal about environmental issues but who frequently fly on private, and not commercial, jets?
Crime and legal persuasive essay topics
Crime in any society is an unfortunate inevitability. Why does crime happen and what should be done about it? These are just a few of the things to explore in these crime/legal persuasive essay topics.
- What should we do about a city with a high crime rate like Chicago?
- Should guns be allowed on college campuses?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- Do we have a right to privacy?
- Trends have shown that many recent terrorists have been convicted or accused of domestic violence. What should be done and how do you feel about this?
- Should we have the death penalty? If so, when should it be used?
- Many prisoners are incarcerated for minor drug charges (such as possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia). Should we try to rehabilitate these prisoners or should they serve their full sentences?
- Colorado has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes. What is your opinion of this?
- Do you think marijuana is a gateway drug which leads some users to harder drugs?
- Can criminals be rehabilitated?
- Many prisoners who enter the system are likely to have a high recurrence of criminal activity. What can be done to solve this?
- Many people are starting to use drones for recreational activity. Should there be restrictions on where and how you can use your personal drone?
- Self-driving cars are expected to become increasingly used on city roads. If a self-driving car gets into an accident, whose fault is it? The engineer's?
Health persuasive essay topics
Health is something that we all have to worry about. Whether it's our own health or the health of a loved one, there are many things to think about and research on. What's your opinion on the healthcare system in our country? Should we treat drug addiction like a disease? How should we handle end-of-life care? Try out one of these essay topics to research and gain insight on some of the biggest challenges and questions that our society faces when it comes to health.
- Opioid addiction is at an all-time high in states like Ohio. What should we do to combat this?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- How do you feel about paternity leave?
- Should women get guaranteed maternity leave?
- The state of California requires that you display nutrition facts about menu items in restaurants. Should all states do this?
- Should fast food be "sin taxed" like cigarettes are?
- There is an effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Should we do this or not? If we should, what improvements can be made to a replacement act?
- Many soldiers are coming back from warfare with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. What should we do to help them?
- Many Americans are overweight. What has caused this health crisis and what can be done about it?
- Should vitamins and supplements be more tightly regulated?
- Should health insurance companies provide more financial incentives for subscribers to work out and eat more healthfully?
Women's and gender persuasive essay topics
Are there inherent differences between men and women or is that just a societal myth? Women have gained a lot more rights over the last 100 years in America, but some say they still have a long way to go before they achieve equal rights. How do you feel about this and other women's and gender issues? Explore the following fascinating topics.
- Women have what is known as the "second shift" (meaning that as soon as they get home from work they have additional responsibilities that require their attention immediately). What do you think about this concept and should anything be done about it?
- There are many women's rights and minority rights advocates. Should there be men's rights advocacy groups? What about Caucasian advocacy groups?
- Some people say that gender is a socially constructed norm. What do you think?
- Women who participate in body building competitions are trying to build the "ideal" figure, which some claim is an outdated, sexist idea. But some argue that building muscles is considered a sport and a traditionally "masculine" idea. Which side do you agree with?
- Some people think that beauty pageants are outdated and anti-feminist and shouldn't be televised anymore. How do you feel?
- New wave feminism is the idea that feminism can encompass many different ideas of what it is to be a feminist. It's the idea that you can have choices (whether that's staying at home with children or trying to be a CEO). How do you feel about new wave feminism?
Miscellaneous persuasive essay topics
Of course, there are more categories of essay topics than what are listed above. Here are some additional essay topics if you haven't found one yet that captures your interest.
- Does social media improve or hurt our society?
- Is it important or frivolous to travel the world?
- Many Americans watch a lot of reality TV shows. Why do you think this is?
- With many people reading digital copies of books, are libraries necessary anymore?
- Should anything be done to curb the rise in offensive lyrics in music?
- Should pregnant women be allowed to park in handicapped parking spots?
- Recent studies have shown that pets improve the mental and the physical health of their owners. Should pet-related expenses be tax-deductible?
- What do you think about net neutrality?
- With the rise in selfies and Instagram photo filtering apps, do you think we have become a more self-obsessed society?
How to Perfect Your Paraphrasing: Advice and Examples
How to Write a Thematic Analysis
- Academic Writing Advice
- All Blog Posts
- Writing Advice
- Admissions Writing Advice
- Book Writing Advice
- Short Story Advice
- Employment Writing Advice
- Business Writing Advice
- Web Content Advice
- Article Writing Advice
- Magazine Writing Advice
- Grammar Advice
- Dialect Advice
- Editing Advice
- Freelance Advice
- Legal Writing Advice
- Poetry Advice
- Graphic Design Advice
- Logo Design Advice
- Translation Advice
- Blog Reviews
- Short Story Award Winners
- Scholarship Winners
Need an academic editor before submitting your work?
Persuasive Essay Guide
Persuasive Essay Topics
Last updated on: Feb 9, 2023
Persuasive Essay Topics Ideas to Craft an A-Worthy Essay
By: Caleb S.
11 min read
Reviewed By: Melisa C.
Published on: Jan 14, 2020
Are you having trouble starting to write a persuasive essay?
Can’t think of interesting persuasive essay topics to write on?
To help students like you find good persuasive essay topics, we have gathered a wide range of ideas on different subjects and academic levels.
Therefore, continue reading this blog and pick the best topic from the list for your essay.
On this Page
Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
The first step of writing a persuasive essay is to choose an interesting topic. If you are not sure what topic is best to write your persuasive essay on, this article is for you.
Here are some good topics for a persuasive writing assignment that will help you craft an interesting essay.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University Students
- Should churches pay property taxes to support schools?
- Teachers should also have to go through professional tests like students.
- Social media should be banned on school premises.
- Is getting a college degree worth its price?
- How is home education better than studying at a school?
- It shouldn’t be legal for students under 18 to drop out of school.
- Students with good attendance must be rewarded.
- Students with good academic results must get the opportunity to go to college free of cost.
- The government shouldn’t have a say in how students should be taught.
- Making the education sector free can decrease poverty rates. Is that true?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Wrestling is a dehumanizing sport.
- Should all college students get a chance to experience fraternity or sorority?
- Should there be an age limit that teachers can teach?Is taking a gap year from studies a good idea?
- School students shouldn’t get assigned countless academic papers.
- Reducing paper consumption can benefit nature largely.
- The research paper is more effective to learn about the subject than exams.
- Do you agree that the feminist movement devalued motherhood?
- Do you think that the older generation can learn things from today’s generation?
- International exchange program experience, I agree, is important in shaping a student.
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Is it possible for a person to overcome his fear?
- Should students evaluate their teachers?
- Is it ok to give extra incentives to students with good grades?
- What are the pros and cons of using cell phones for academic purposes?
- The social value of the death penalty in the United States.
- School college students should write argumentative essays.
- Who, in your opinion, influences the teenager's behavior the most?
- Why are teen girls influenced by celebrities?
- Should genetically modified foods be sold with a warning label?
- All the arts have become commoditized.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 9
- Divorce isn’t always due to the absence of love.
- Pornography should be banned in the United States.
- How important is it for a child to grow up with two parents?
- All students should be taught computer programming in school.
- We should blame our horoscope for things that have gone wrong in our lives.
- To get a perspective on life and what it is about, we should spend time with a kid.
- How to control hazing on college campuses.Listening to music on school campuses shouldn’t be allowed.
- There are drawbacks to studying abroad.Stricter punishments should be imposed on downloading music and movies illegally.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Kindness is beautiful.
- Do you agree?Pros and Cons of summer classes.
- School computers must have internet filters.
- Participation in school sports must be mandatory for students.
- Bullying in schools requires severe punishments.
- Should there be any flexibility with the policies for illegal immigrants?
- Why should every school have a school newspaper?
- Are we the real culprits of global warming?
- Do violent video games make children more likely to be violent themselves?
- The internet was invented to control our lives. Do you disagree?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Is toothpaste healthy?
- Churches should pay taxes.
- What is the role of the media in sports life?
- Adopting pets is the best choice.Fairy tales are good for young children.
- Should our country have free healthcare?
- Fizzy drinks should be banned from school.
- Free time gets teens into trouble.
- The best way to travel is in a guided group.Should nuclear power be used?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should a college education be free?
- We should provide food for the poor.
- Is it a good idea to keep pets outdoors?
- What school rules would you change?
- Hunting is not ethical in any life situation.
- Should horse racing be banned?
- My allowance should be bigger.
- Bullies have no place in schools.
- Computer design isn’t art.
- Yoga supports the body and soul.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Having more than four kids is irresponsible.
- Is art a natural talent, or takes hard work and practice to learn?
- Choose a life partner who has the same educational level as you.
- Drinking while driving penalties must be much stricter.
- College students must consider joining a fraternity or sorority.
- Standardized tests are increasing for school students.
- Studying at a public school is better than studying at a private school.
- Wives shouldn’t make more money than their husbands.
- We should teach etiquette in schools.
- Is it justified for a person to demand a divorce from their spouse?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Are vampires real?
- Time travel is possible.
- Global warming is just a way to scare people.
- Healthcare systems should be free.
- Computers don’t make us smarter.
- Animal abuse is a result of an uneducated owner.
- The importance of going to the dentist frequently.
- Discuss the pros and cons of summer classes.
- Nobody should litter.
- What is the best way to persuade someone?
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Do you agree with the statement, “Animal testing is a necessary evil?
- ”People shouldn’t be allowed to keep exotic animals as pets.
- Zoos are useful for wildlife conservation.
- Zoo animals should be harvested for food.
- Is creating hybrids by breeding stray dogs and cats okay?
- What is the best way to train a dog: rewards or punishments?
- Is it beneficial to give cows drugs to increase their milk supply?
- Using animal skin to make coats and bags is unethical.
- Reforestation is the only way to save animals from becoming extinct.
- Conserving endangered species is much more essential than the conservation of other animals.
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- What would happen if unicorns took over the world?
- The worst movie in the world.
- The worst social network site.
- Why does the beach have tanning booths?
- Good video game skills can land you a job.
- Why do you enjoy getting spam emails more than actual emails?
- Is it true that wearing braces scares off strangers?
- Playing with Barbie dolls can change your life.
- How to look busy and do nothing at work.
- Do you agree with the statement, "Boys gossip more than girls do?"
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- College athletes dedicate a lot of time to sports, and they should be paid.
- Female students should be encouraged to participate in sports as much as male students.
- How can the school management improve this situation?
- Wimbledon is not as prestigious anymore.
- Importance of sports.
- Gender discrimination is a big issue in sports competitions.
- Girls can play and compete at the same level as boys their age.
- Bodybuilding has severe risks for females.
- Physically active kids make physically active adults.
- Therefore, parents and teachers should encourage taking part in sports.
- According to you, who is the best FIFA player?
- What can other players do to become like him?
- Energy drinks such as Red Bull have harmful effects on the human body.
- Therefore, athletes must stop consuming them.
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Polygamy should be legalized in the United States.
- Having a lesbian mother can have adverse effects on a daughter.
- Torture is a necessity for monstrous crimes such as murder, rape, etc.
- The world would be a better place if everyone followed a single religion.
- Euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide should be made legal in every state.
- Online plagiarism is a serious problem. What actions need to be taken to stop it?
- High school and college surveillance isn’t ethical, nor is it safe.
- It should be stopped immediately.
- Is it ethical to prescribe drugs?
- How can we put an end to school bullying?
- It isn’t fair to the band members to have less power and control than the music producers.
Unusual Persuasive Essay Topics
- Is alcoholism a disease?
- Is having a pet waste of time?
- Is capital punishment necessary?
- Art should serve as a symbol of culture, and be returned to its country if it was taken from there.
- Young people only think about money. Agree?
- Living in university dormitories is an essential step to help you achieve academic success.
- Pharmaceutical industries are disrupting our lives.
- People are wasting their money on lotteries and it isn't worth the risk.
- Is having friends such a necessity?
- Transgenic foods: What are you for or against?
Higher English Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should the government ban sports bet?
- A family should encourage self-expression, not inhibit it.
- The impact of TV cartoons on children's behavior should be controlled by their parents.
- English language learning should not be a requirement for anyone.
- There are many reasons e-books should not replace paper books.
- Cheating during college exams should be strictly punished.
- Teaching deaf children how to read is a vital part of their mental development.
- Fast food is a bad invention.
- Drug tests should be mandatory for high school sportspeople.
- School uniforms are an effective way to maintain discipline with students.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Paparazzi culture must get banned.
- Kids should be taught about different religions and then have them choose.
- Using earphones while driving must not be allowed.
- Everyone under the age of 7 should have a 9 pm curfew.
- Celebrities who break the law should have bigger penalties.
- Drug dealers selling drugs to kids should face the death penalty.
- The government should start a three-day weekend.
- Introducing grades for gym classes can help fight obesity.
- The government should keep better control of the content being shared on the internet.
- Kids need a personal space similar to adults.
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
- Punishment for cutting school should be made much worse.
- Parents who smoke shouldn’t tell their kids about its harmful effects.
- The major cause of obesity in America is fast-food chains.
- Women perform better than men in managerial posts.
- To improve the quality of education, the number of classes must be decreased.
- Should parents buy young kids gadgets for studies and learning purposes?
- Paparazzi culture should be banned. It puts lives in danger.
- A gap year after high school should be made compulsory.
- Optimism is key to good health.
- Persuasive speeches should be powerful.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- Pros and Cons of having school all year long.
- Participating in sports must be made compulsory for every student.
- Men are smarter than women.
- Consumption of tea is more harmful than coffee.
- Luck is an important part of success.
- Spanking kids should be a crime.
- Kidnapping by parents is a serious problem nowadays.
- The solution to the energy crisis is nuclear power.
- Male and female employees should have the same working privileges and environment.
- Homeschooling is better than going to a regular school.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Persuasive Essay Topics 2022
- Should the jury system be eradicated?
- Biological weapons should be banned.
- The next generations should live on Mars.
- Is governmental surveillance a good thing?
- Children under 18 shouldn’t be allowed to buy contraceptives.
- Teen moms should be made to go to classes that encourage them to get married.
- Sex education should occur at home.
- Educating women is a waste of resources.
- Everyone should have free access to the internet in today's day and age.
- Theoretical subjects should be decreased, and students should study more practical courses to learn things.
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Writing your persuasive essay means more than simply arguing the facts. However, you need to settle on a persuasive essay topic that allows you to present the best possible case.
You won’t be able to do that if you write a persuasive essay on a topic that is:
- Too familiar
- Not interesting for the target audience
- Factual, and you avoid analysis or reasoning
Here’s what you should do when choosing your essay topics :
- Take a stand
- Check for evidence and facts
- Make a list of specific ideas
- Outline the purpose of your essay
- Choose an accessible topic
- Find a topic that convinces the reader
Hopefully, you have found a good persuasive essay idea by this point and are heading towards the writing process. However, if you’re overwhelmed by the requirements of writing a persuasive and argumentative paper or you’re short on time, we are here to help.
5StarEssays.com is one of the top essay writing services with professional essay writers who deliver high-quality academic writing at the most affordable prices. You only have to request to write an essay for me and our professional writers help you.
If you want to achieve academic excellence, place your order now.
Medical school essay, Literature
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- Persuasive Essay Guide - How to Write a Persuasive Essay
- Persuasive Essay Outline - Detailed Guide with Examples
- Free Persuasive Essay Examples to Help you Get Started
People Also Read
- writing research proposal
- how to avoid plagiarism
- 1000 word essay
- narrative essay outline
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2022 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
200 Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics for 2023
Updated 05 Jan 2023
Do you want to inspire others? Do you want to get a chance to have your voice heard? Choosing good persuasive speech topics enables you to write an amazing speech that will attract the attention of your teacher, colleagues and whoever is interested in listening to you. A lot of times students are asked to write persuasive essays for various occasions. You could be asked to write one for your graduation party or you might want to give one in front of your class.
When your speech is written properly, you know that you will be able to convince your audience with your point of view. A good persuasive speech is going to show others that you’ve studied the topic you’re talking about. It should provide enough evidence that the topic is thoroughly researched and that your point of view is valid just like a special occasion speech . But a lot of students struggle with coming up with the most relevant idea for the upcoming assignment. This article will provide you with interesting persuasive speech topics that you can use to write an incredible piece of writing.
Components of a Persuasive Speech
Every persuasive speech and essay needs to have three essential components. These components include logic, ethics, and emotion. These three are also called Logos, Ethos, and Pathos.
List of Persuasive Speech Topics
Writing a persuasive essay starts with picking the right topic. This means that you have to spend some time coming up with a brilliant idea, then use all your talent and skills to write it in a good way. A lot of students ask "What is a persuasive speech topic?" because they are confused about this type of writing. This is the subject that you need to discuss in your assignment. It is either set by your teacher or professor or you might have the chance to pick a topic for your essay. If you are unable to come up with an interesting topic, your readers might not be tempted to listen to you till the very end. Spending time to pick the right topic is going to help you submit an excellent assignment.
Read also: Graduation Speech Ideas
There are 3 types of persuasive speech: factual persuasive speech (brings factual evidence to demonstrate whether something is true or not); value persuasive speech (argues whether something is right or wrong from a moral perspective; and policy persuasive speech (that try to advance policies, electoral programs, laws, etc.).
There are a lot of interesting persuasive speech topics that you can use in your next academic assignment, but you need to make sure that your essay is relevant to the subject you are studying. You could write your speech about people (personalities), fictional characters, events (historical, contemporary, cultural), conspiracy theories, processes occurring in society, human mentality, etc. The choice of topics is virtually unlimited. Here are some of the best ideas and prompts that you can use in your next task.
Persuasive Speech Topics for College
- How marketing affects people and their perceptions
- The challenges of recycling and potential solutions
- Why the water conservation is becoming an important topic?
- Ways countries can reduce global warming without losing money
- How can tv become educational again and bring value?
- How many people actually don’t know their education options?
- Political correctness is actually good if implemented properly
- What are the current global issues between countries?
- Why are education costs growing progressively?
Essay Examples Relevant to College
- College Students
- Paying College Athletes
- College Experience
- College Tuition
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Testing products on animals: is it ethical or not?
- Is it right to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we use products made with animal fur?
- Euthanizing stray animals: is it ethical?
- Can a companion or service animal change someone’s life?
- Is it rational to be scared of harmless yet frightening or unusual animals?
- Keeping wild and exotic pets away from their natural habitat. Is it ethical?
- Should we spay pets to control their overpopulation?
- Keeping uncommon animals at home. Is it good for them?
- Ten ways we can help animals live better
Essay Examples Relevant to Animals
- Cruelty to Animals
- Animal Ethics
- Animal Rights
- Animal Testing
Unique Persuasive Topics
- Electric cars are just as harmful to the environment
- Depression is overrated and we all have to deal with it
- We are living better than ever, but we still complain
- The prison system doesn’t create better humans
- Being untidy doesn’t make you creative or special
- The world needs younger politicians, not 70-year-olds
- Racism will always exist no matter how hard we try
- Most businesses advertise the same way and lack boldness
- Bitcoin and other digital currencies are the future
- Seniors shouldn’t have the right to vote
Essay Examples Relevant to Unique Persuasive Essay Topics
- Electric Vehicle
- Prison System
Mental Health Persuasive Speech Topics
- Personality disorders among teens. Are they easy to identify?
- How our differences make us unique
- Phobias of children, teens, and adults. What are the similarities and differences?
- When is it right to give children medications to overcome mental issues?
- Suicide among teenagers. Is the media affecting it?
- Studying psychology stresses students
- Peer pressure is the cause of a lot of mental problems during the teenage years
Essay Examples Relevant to Mental Health
- Mental Health
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Being Different
- Peer Pressure
- Teenage Suicide
Business Persuasive Speech Topics
- The importance of people’s skills for the success of your business
- Are introverts better entrepreneurs?
- How can a mentor affect your success as an entrepreneur?
- Understanding your position in the market. How can it affect your current and future business plan?
- Social media is going to affect your marketing plan
- Why should you go after your passion in business?
- Starting a successful business with no money
- The value of unorthodox business ideas
- Using feedback from unhappy customers to enhance your sales
- The importance of delegation
- Employers asking for their employees’ social media accounts. Is it right or wrong?
- Employers shouldn’t ask questions related to an employee’s personal life
Essay Examples Relevant to Business
- Business Success
- Strategic Management
Persuasive Speeches for Kids
- Life as a teen dependent on technology
- Teachers contribute more to society than a lot of other professions
- Video games promote violence among children and teens
- Are music videos appropriate for children and teens to watch?
- Mental health and well-being should be one of the subjects studied at school
- Kids under 16 years shouldn’t have their own social media accounts
- Exam results shouldn’t be used to label students
- Dealing with bullies. Is it suitable to punish them?
- Are schoolers assigned a reasonable number of tasks?
- Feeling shy to talk to others and how to overcome it
- Which sport should you play to stay healthy?
- How to write the best title for your speeches?
- How to overcome fear when speaking in public?
- What is the best way to reach a solution for challenging Math problems?
Essay Examples Relevant to Persuasive Speeches for Kids
- Violence in Video Games
- Children and Technology
Read Also: 100 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
- A migraine is usually overlooked at school or in a workplace
- Alternative medication: The truth and the myths
- Infertility in couples is related to stress and unhealthy lifestyles
- Mental health issues affect the whole society
- The food industry is the reason behind obesity
- Everyone should donate blood at least once a year
- How to overcome back pain? Different treatment options
- Using a mouthwash after brushing your teeth is essential for your dental health
- Do cell phones affect our brains?
- Non-smokers should be first on the organ transplant lists
- Is biohacking good for your health?
- Diet beverages do not actually make you lose weight
- Using the right amount of salt in your food is going to affect your health
- Keeping your immune system strong is a must
- Top things to do in order to improve the way your body and brain function
Essay Examples Relevant to Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
- Alternative Medicine
- Blood Donation
- Organ Transplant
- Immune System
Public Speaking Persuasive Speech Topics
- Social media affects people’s self-image and self-esteem
- Competitive sports teach us a lot about life
- Who is a hero? What are the “heroic” qualities?
- Learning from your mistakes
- Spending time with your grandparents
- Brilliant ways to make money in the 21st century
- Living underwater: A reality or science fiction?
- Texting while driving should be illegal
- Using single-use plastic containers should be banned
- School days should start later in the day
- Immigration laws should be more lenient
- Living with refugees from other countries
- Students should be able to pick their schools
- Should a student be allowed to skip school if they want to?
- Paying more taxes: Is it a good or a bad thing?
- Should human beings control the weather?
- Simple ways to overcome stress.
Essay Examples Relevant to Public Speaking
- Effects of Social Media
- Self Esteem
- Competitive Sports
Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Blaming your younger sibling for the mess you made
- Which music is your mind playing in the background during intense situations?
- Just because we have opinions doesn’t mean they are valuable
- Putting an Instagram filter on your selfie doesn’t make you a photographer
- Why do stuff when you can play video games?
- “Be a musician,” they said, but nobody came to my gig
- Why are skinny jeans for men even a thing?
- You did something wrong? blame it on your zodiac sign
- I have plans for the weekend! sleep and watch movies
Essay Examples Relevant to Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Personal Beliefs
Video Games Persuasive Speech Topics
- Video games cause a lot of stress
- People who spend their time playing video games are more prone to depression
- Video games can enhance people’s brain and muscles coordination
- Children who play video games have faster responses
- How will gaming look 10 years from now?
- Virtual reality affects people’s perception
- Living without computers is impossible
- A video game can be the easiest way to teach kids
- Watching people playing video games is as fun as watching real sports like football matches
- Will playing video games cause behavior problems?
- The gaming industry is affecting every aspect of our lives
- Video games are not popular among kids only
- Playing video games with random people online
Scientific Persuasive Speech Topics
- Spending money to explore space is going to improve life for humans
- Using genetically modified foods is bad for our health
- Using painkillers is not healthy
- The scientific world is changing way too fast
- Human beings should depend more on renewable energy
- The power of crystal healing can improve our mental and physical health
- Cancer is the most important disease that doctors should research now
- How your diet can cause the onset of different health conditions
- Using supplements should be controlled
- Coming up with guidelines that control stem cell research
- How can science be used to improve the lives of physically challenged individuals?
Essay Examples Relevant to Scientific Persuasive Speech Topics
- Space Exploration
- Genetic Engineering
- Stem Cell Research
- Research Methods
Education Persuasive Speech Topics
- Proper research is needed to write a short essay
- High-school and middle-school students should be trained to do presentations
- Improving students’ presentation skills
- Should uniforms be obligatory in schools?
- Should there be separate classrooms for boys and girls?
- Students sent to boarding schools: A responsibility and a risk
- The positive possible effect of spending a year as an exchange student
- Cell phones shouldn’t be allowed in schools
- Taking a year off school. Can it help you?
- Hilarious games in the class can help shy students get along with others
- A student’s grade: Is it a fair method of evaluation?
Essay Examples Relevant to Education
- High School
- Study Skills
- School Uniform
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why we should consider gamers as professional athletes
- Reasons why women sports don’t get that much attention
- Why are sports so popular globally?
- Why is soccer the most popular sport in the world?
- Everyone likes sports; they just haven’t found the one they like
- Physical training is objectively good for everyone
- How performance-enhancing drugs are used in professional sports
- Why are professional athletes paid so well
- Is it ethical to sell/buy players in sports?
- Are the Olympics still the most important sports event?
Essay Examples Relevant to Sports
- Women in Sports
- Olympic Games
Environment Persuasive Speech Topics
- More political and legal measures should be taken to protect the environment
- Keeping an animal away from its home will affect the environmental balance
- Businesses have a serious obligation towards protecting the environment
- There should be a strict policy against polluting the ocean
- Should there be government policies against the use of disposable diapers?
- Recycling paper is going to save our planet
- Are we taking the right measures to get over the global warming issue?
Save your time with free essay samples on Environmental Education
Family persuasive speech topics.
- Can child abuse and traumas lead to future mental disorders?
- Can family history make children more prone to stress and anxiety?
- How to run a business with your family?
- Should children and teens be worried more about their privacy or safety?
- Can video games be used in educating children and teens?
- Having an older/younger sibling. The perks and the challenges
- Internet censorship for kids, is it a must?
- Children will still read books if they are interesting enough
Essay Examples Relevant to Family
- Child Abuse
- Family History
Government Persuasive Speech Topics
- Can the government promote non-college education for a higher income?
- The problem of spending on biological weapons
- Is the government really taking the right steps to eliminate cultural sensitivity?
- To vote or not to vote: A question asked by a lot of people
- Obesity in children is related to living a fast-paced life. What is the role of the government?
- Getting a driving license: Is one test per a lifetime enough?
- Should smokers pay a health tax?
- Is the government spending too much on the military sector?
- Should the government run a campaign to promote cultural diversity and tolerance?
Essay Examples Relevant to Government
- Cultural Diversity
Arts and Culture Persuasive Speech Topics
- How can writing a journal help you become a better person?
- Reality shows affect people’s mental health
- Song lyrics affect our lives in a number of ways
- Should an artist comply with the rules set by the society while working on a project?
- Can a movie persuade you with something you don’t believe in?
- Can action movies cause stress?
- Reading inspirational and humorous quotes improves your mood
- Why reading an informational article in a list form is easier
Essay Examples Relevant to Arts and Culture
- Writing Experience
- Pop Culture
Persuasive Speech Topics About Music & Fashion
- Why guitar music is superior to everything else
- Metal is modern classical music, and you don’t know it
- Why music makes everything we do easier
- Pop fashion is getting influenced more and more by alternative subcultures
- Digital music should be free to download and listen
- Clothes don’t define a person, but it helps people look at you differently
- How fashion trends differ from one culture to another
- You can’t buy fashion taste no matter how rich you are
- Music is becoming more repetitive, here’s how
- Why are women the leaders in the fashion industry?
Save your time with free essay samples on Fashion
Religion persuasive speech topics.
- Studying religion is motivational
- Awesome stories about the ancient gods and goddesses
- How to overcome conflicts and arguments between people who believe in different religions?
- Should the argument that God exists be discussed in a classroom?
- Emotional stories from the Bible can help people renew their belief
- New age spirituality: A fact or a myth
- Current vs. ancient interpretations of the Bible
- Children should be allowed to choose their religion
Essay Examples Relevant to Religion
- World Religions
Read also: Informative Speech Topics for College
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a speech sample crafted to your needs.
Bonus Tips for Crafting Your Persuasive Speech
Having the best informative speech essay ideas is not enough. There are some guidelines and tips that you can follow to help you submit an interesting inspirational speech that everyone will like. Put shortly, good persuasive speech topics are those that bring emotionally or ethically powerful arguments, solid, convincing, well-researched/ trustworthy evidence/arguments and address topics of great relevance. You need to work hard to make sure that every paragraph of your essay is clear, informative and provides value to the reader. Here are some tips to help you finish your persuasive speech in the best quality:
1. Create an Outline.
The best way to make sure that your essays and papers are written perfectly is to work following outlines. An outline serves as the frame that you can check against while working on your persuasive speech. It is the plan that will help you stay on track. It is easy and expected to get distracted while working on any writing assignment. So you need this tool to keep you focused on the ideas you want to discuss in your task. You can write down all your ideas and make sure that they are connected. If your ideas make sense, your audience, whether they are reading or listening, will stay focused till the very end. You can find a lot of online examples for speech outlines that you can follow.
2. Use the Right Vocabulary.
Using the appropriate words will keep your speech entertaining. You want people to stay motivated to listen to your speech. You should make sure that you are using the right words to express and emphasize your message. You can use different words if you want your speech to be funny, controversial, or motivational. The level of complexity of the words used should be relevant to the topic and the audience of your speech.
3. Ask for Professional Help.
You can find an interesting sample of the same topic you want to write about. But it would still be extremely difficult to write an original persuasive speech unless you are very creative. An easy solution is to look for a reliable custom writing service and buy speeches online . You should know that finding a speech generator guarantees that you will be able to submit an excellent assignment on time. A professional writer is going to check your speech for mistakes and errors and make sure that you end up with an original piece of writing. This is a cool way to finish all your assignments and guarantee the best grades. A reliable academic service hires a talented group of professional authors who hold degrees from reputable colleges and universities. They are trained to provide you with all kinds of tasks starting from the elementary level to the PhD level.
4. Use a lot of Examples.
Using a lot of examples is a common way to prove your point of view and is a great method to persuade your audience and keep them engaged. This method makes people believe in what you say. You should make sure that these examples have an emotional edge to them to stimulate your audience’s hearts and minds at the same time.
5. Keep on Practicing.
This is probably one of the best pieces of advice ever. Don’t worry if you are not very good at writing. Practice makes perfect. The more you experiment with various topics for persuasive speech, the better writer you will become. You can also give one of your friends a call and let them play the role of your audience. Their feedback can help you finish your assignment in better quality.
Finishing an excellent persuasive speech takes time and effort. You need to make sure that you’ve picked one of the best ideas for persuasive speech and that you’ve used the right words to prove your opinion. This is a chance to speak your mind and express what you really think and believe so don’t be scared or shy. Remember that even if you can’t get it right, you will be able to learn from your mistakes. You can also ask for professional advice and hire a speech writer online to make sure that you’ve finished your assignment the way it should be done.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, learn how to write a persuasive essay to meet the highest academic standards.
Do you want to influence people by your opinion? Persuasive essays represent an important type of academic writing that you may encounter at differ...
100 Funny Speech Topics [Informative, Persuasive, Motivational]
Nowadays public speaking has adopted more formats than in the early days when communication was more rigid. It happened due to a number of reasons,...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
100 Persuasive Speech Topics for Students
- Homework Tips
- Learning Styles & Skills
- Study Methods
- Time Management
- Private School
- College Admissions
- College Life
- Graduate School
- Business School
- Distance Learning
- M.Ed., Education Administration, University of Georgia
- B.A., History, Armstrong State University
There is a small but important difference between planning a persuasive speech and writing a persuasive essay. First, if you are planning a persuasive speech, you should think about a topic that can engage your audience. For this reason, you may want to consider a few topics before settling on the one that allows you to be more descriptive and entertaining.
Another important factor when picking a persuasive speech topic is to choose one that can provoke your audience. If you stir up a little emotion in your audience members, you'll keep their attention. The list below is provided to help you brainstorm. Choose a topic from this list or use the list to generate an idea of your own.
- Studying martial arts is good for mind and health.
- Competitive sports can teach us about life.
- Reality shows are exploiting people.
- Community service should be a graduation requirement for all high school students.
- The characteristics that make a person a hero.
- It's important to grow things in a garden.
- Violent video games are dangerous.
- Lyrics in a song can impact our lives.
- Traveling and studying abroad are positive experiences.
- Journal writing is therapeutic.
- You should spend time with your grandparents.
- A laptop is better than a tablet.
- Religion and science can go hand in hand.
- School uniforms are good.
- All-female colleges and all-male colleges are bad.
- Multiple choice tests are better than essay tests .
- We should not spend money on space exploration.
- Open-book tests are as effective as closed-book tests.
- Security cameras keep us safer.
- Parents should have access to students' grades.
- Small classes are better than big classes.
- You need to start saving for retirement now.
- Credit cards are harmful to college students.
- We should have a royal family.
- We should protect endangered animals.
- Texting while driving is dangerous.
- You can write a novel.
- Recycling should be required in the U.S.
- State colleges are better than private colleges.
- Private colleges are better than state colleges.
- We should do away with penny coins.
- Fast food containers hurt the environment.
- Plastic straws are harmful to the environment.
- You can eat and enjoy healthy snacks.
- You can become a millionaire.
- Dogs are better pets than cats.
- You should own a bird.
- It's unethical to keep birds in cages.
- Liberal arts degrees prepare graduates to be better workers than other degrees.
- Hunting animals should be banned.
- Football is a dangerous sport.
- School days should start later.
- Night school is better than day school.
- Technical training is better than a college degree.
- Immigration laws should be more lenient.
- Students should be able to choose their schools.
- Everyone should learn to play a musical instrument.
- Grass lawns should be prohibited.
- Sharks should be protected.
- We should do away with cars and go back to horse and carriage for transportation.
- We should use more wind power.
- We should pay more taxes.
- We should do away with taxes.
- Teachers should be tested like students.
- We should not interfere in the affairs of other countries.
- Every student should join a club.
- Homeschooling is better than traditional schooling.
- People should stay married for life.
- Smoking in public should be illegal.
- College students should live on campus .
- Parents should let students fail.
- Giving to charity is good.
- Education makes us happier people.
- The death penalty should be outlawed.
- Bigfoot is real.
- We should increase train travel to save the environment.
- We should read more classic books.
- Fame is bad for young children.
- Athletes should stay loyal to teams.
- We should reform our prisons.
- Juvenile offenders should not go to boot camps.
- Abraham Lincoln was the best president.
- Abraham Lincoln gets too much credit.
- Students should be allowed to have cell phones in elementary, middle, and high school.
- College student-athletes should be paid for playing.
- Elderly citizens on fixed income should receive free public transportation.
- Colleges and universities should be free to attend.
- All American citizens should complete one year of community service.
- Students should be required to take Spanish classes.
- Every student should be required to learn at least one foreign language .
- Marijuana should be legal for recreational use nationwide.
- Commercial testing of products on animals should no longer be allowed.
- High school students should be required to participate in at least one team sport.
- The drinking age in the U.S. should be 25.
- Replacing fossil fuels with cheaper alternative energy options should be mandated.
- Churches need to contribute their share of taxes.
- The Cuba embargo should be maintained by the U.S.
- America should replace income taxes with a nationwide flat tax.
- Once they reach the age of 18, all U.S. citizens should be automatically registered to vote .
- Doctor-assisted suicide should be legal.
- Spammers—people who bombard the internet with unsolicited email—should be banned from sending junk mail.
- Every automobile driver should be required to take a new driver's test every three years.
- Electroshock treatment is not a humane form of therapy.
- Global warming is not real.
- Single-parent adoption should be encouraged and promoted.
- Gun companies should be held accountable for gun crimes.
- Human cloning is not moral.
- Religion does not belong in public education.
- Juveniles should not be tried as adults.
- American workers should be guaranteed a three-day weekend by law.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
- Research Paper
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Book Report/Review
- Research Proposal
- Math Problems
- Movie Review
- Cover Letter Writing
- Personal Statement
- Nursing Paper
55 Rare Topics For Persuasive Essays
Table of Contents
A persuasive essay is a type of writing where your primary purpose is to convince the reader that your opinion is correct.
It can be applied to a wide variety of disciplines; in fact, persuasive writing can be used in any writing format, be it a college persuasive essay, an article, a promotional copy or a personal letter.
As you will see from our presentation, the choice of persuasive essay topics largely depends on the format of writing – as well as the writer’s maturity.
One thing remains unchanged, though, and it is the educational value of this type of essay.
It helps students build a set of strong skills, such as the capacity of forming and grounding one’s opinion, engage in debates and provide logical reasoning supporting their stance.
Persuasive essay topics: where to start?
When you are tasked with writing a persuasive essay, and if you have a free choice of the subject, we insist that you should pick a topic that you are well-versed in, and preferably passionate about.
In the very least, this should be something you can relate to. If you have a specific topic to write on, make sure you carry out elaborate research to make strong and informed points.
The structure of a persuasive essay could be roughly outlined as follows:
- Think of a topic you can argue for or against.
- Write up 5-6 arguments that will convince the reader that your opinion is right.
- Read a professional persuasive essay and see how it is written to be inspired and mimic the layout!
- The entire persuasive essay is going to be built around the thesis, therefore it is of paramount importance to write it in a concise and clear way.
The secret behind the thesis
A persuasive essay should begin with a thesis, where the reader is immediately told what your article is about. In the thesis, you explain your position on the question you have chosen to rewrite.
It is the main purpose of your entire essay, and you will devote the whole text to convincing the reader that you are right.
To awaken the reader’s interest, you can write your thesis as an exclamation or question that you repeat or answer at the end of your article.
Supporting arguments for your thesis
Now you have explained your position, you should prove that you are right! You do this by listing your arguments, or reasons why you think you are doing.
Arguments can be divided into two main groups:
(1) Emotional arguments – based on your own feelings and thoughts. Feeling arguments are very personal and strong. The aim of the emotional argument is to awaken the reader’s feelings. In other words, the reader should preferably start crying out of your emotional argument…
(2) Factual arguments – based on pure facts. The factual arguments are objective, clear and at the same time very convincing to the reader, especially if you can refer to where you got your facts from. To convince the reader in the best way, your essay must include both emotional and factual arguments. The emotional argument causes your opinion to sound passionate, while the factual arguments give concrete reasons why you feel like you are doing to the reader.
To convince the reader in the best way, use both types of arguments!
An argument in response to counter-argument
A really good debater doesn’t just think of themselves, but also of his opponents! You do this by taking counter-arguments, or reasons why you should not think that you do yourself.
This makes your persuasive essay look very thought out, which also makes it more reliable. The purpose of including opponents’ opinions, for you as an author, is to clearly show that they are not correct.
In order to succeed in this, you must choose the opponent’s best argument and disassemble it and defeat it using your own arguments.
The golden rule states that factual arguments must be answered with factual arguments, and in the same way, an emotional argument must be answered with an emotional argument.
How to craft a persuasive essay conclusion?
In the end, the reader should get an overview. Summarize the most important and above all, repeat your strongest argument! The last part of your discussion article should contain a convincing answer to your thesis. Sometimes it can be effective to reason about the consequences if you do not do what you think.
The purpose of this is to give the argument a proper final clamp and convince the reader once and for all. The best effect is achieved by ending strongly and confidently; for that reason, you need to think about being brief.
Just as with the number of arguments you have in the article, the conclusion becomes more powerful if it is short and clear.
Persuasive essay topics for kids
- Books are better than TV.
- Zoos are prisons for animals.
- School attendance should be optional.
- Home assignments should be banned.
- Is there life on Mars?
Persuasive essay topics middle school
- Education is impossible without teachers.
- Should computers replace teachers?
- Do we need a school uniform?
- Is reading a new trend or a thing of the past?
- Mobile phones should be used at school.
Persuasive essay topics for high school
- Death penalty should be banned. Do you agree?
- Why should your parents let you attend the concert of your favorite music band?
- Why should teachers allow pupils to choose their seat place?
- Video games help childhood development.
- Convince your parents to buy you a mobile phone. Support your request with good arguments.
Persuasive essay topics 5th grade
- E-books in a not too distant future can change our way to read. Do you agree?
- Imagine having to convince your parents to buy you the scooter. Write your thesis in an argumentative text, remember to insert the possible objections of the teachers and come to a conclusion.
- Electronic mail compared to the traditional one. Which one is better?
- Parents should give children more freedom. True or false?
- Curfews are a good practice for children to abide by.
Persuasive speech topics for college
- Transgenic foods: are you for or against?
- Are you in favor or against hunting? Express your opinion with appropriate arguments.
- Human cloning: are you in favor or against it?
- The Moroccan writer Tahar Ben Jelloun in his book “Racism explained to my daughter” says: “A child is not born a racist”. Do you agree with this statement?
- History teaches us to predict the future.
Persuasive speech topics for college students
- Alcoholism: a disease or a vice?
- Citizenship income should be adopted by every state.
- The G20 countries, to save the planet from global warming, must adopt more ambitious global CO2 emission reduction targets than those of the Paris Accords.
- The abolition of homework, a measure recently introduced in France, should be adopted by every school system to combat early school drop-outs.
- Caloric and fat-rich foods, commonly called junk food, should be taxed more than “healthy foods”.
Interesting persuasive essay topics
- Love and age difference.
- The friendship between man and woman: a myth or reality?
- Is having friends such a necessity?
- Is having a pet waste of resources?
- Can love last forever?
Easy persuasive essay topics
- A countryside or urban life?
- Social networks have improved our lifestyle.
- Working is needed for being happy.
- All sorts of lotteries should be made illegal.
- Is it possible to be a success by only playing it fair?
Funny persuasive essay topics
- Should cats or dogs rule the world?
- Your Zodiac sign determines your personality.
- Santa’s policies are largely discriminating.
- Socials favor stalking tendencies.
- YouTube makes you a superstar overnight.
Controversial persuasive essay topics
- Ethnic adoptions: pro or con?
- Pharmaceutical industries are disrupting our lives.
- Abortion should be legal around the world.
- Animal testing should be made illegal.
- Genetic cloning is not ethical.
- Capital punishment pros and cons.
- Euthanasia should be legalized.
- Immigration laws should be made stricter.
Best persuasive essay topics
- Kids should be brought up in a stricter manner.
- Works of art should be returned to their respective countries of origin.
- The young only think about money. Do you agree?
- A real vacation is when one doesn’t do anything.
- Friends count as much as a family.
Chose the best topic from the list but have a hard time moving away from blank paper? We can help you out! Few clicks and your perfect essay is on the way to you, while you sit back and relax.
How To Write Your Best Alcoholism Essay?
Why is a ‘how to write assignment’ request too common among learners, essay writing checklist.
- 123 Persuasive Essay Topics for College Students
- Get Your Personal List of 123 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
Why Would a Student Need a List of the Interesting Topics?
7 tips for writing a winning essay, persuasive essay structure, enjoy 103 good persuasive speech topics: make your choice wisely, sports persuasive essay topics, easy persuasive essay topics, topics on education, topics about animals, persuasive essay topics for middle school, good essay topics for high school, persuasive essay topics about music, science persuasive essay topics, persuasive topics for elementary students, self-help writing ideas, government & politics argumentative paper ideas, funny & humorous debatable paper ideas.
“He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense.” – Joseph Conrad
That is one of the golden rules every student/young writer should memorize to write a persuasive paper that will be meaningful and powerful. The initial step to write a persuasive paper (or do my homework) that will be successful is choosing the most interesting topic. To choose which subject you are going to discuss, we offer to view the full list of good ideas from the particular field of study. It is not a report type of writing or research paper introduction, as these types of academic assignments are longer and usually cover broader topics.
We offer you to dedicate a few minutes to looking through this article. It contains a number of the good themes high school & college teachers tend to assign. Do you have any questions left? A professional online writing service is willing to help every student who has problems with meeting the deadlines or writing argumentative papers. Have no idea how to convince your reader? Pay people to do your homework and get high grades! We will be happy to contribute to your career success!
What if I tell you that by reading this article every student will learn more about how to write a good structure paper , how to pick interesting ideas and receive A+ grades. Isn’t it a goal of each school/college student? Having more than 100 good ideas is never enough without several supportive skills for your research paper:
- Reading & Comprehension
- Research & Analysis
- Critical Thinking
The initial step to success is still selecting the subject to write about and acknowledging the opposing arguments to convince your audience that you have sense.
Another great idea is to get some free essay examples of different types and on various subjects to get an overall idea of how a successful debatable paper looks.
In our opinion, the rest of the skills are gained during elementary & middle school education. The teachers do not always assign a particular topic. Many students get stuck at the stage of choosing the subject; they fail the mission by being late.
It sounds like enough reasons to read the proposed article, which contains more than 100 interesting themes and valuable writing tips. Have we persuaded you to go on reading? It is the brilliant example?
Follow these steps if you want to create an A+ persuasive essay. 1. Take a stand: The golden rule of this kind of writing number one. Forget about the wishy-washy declarations in this type of academic writing: avoid generalizations like “Gender Studies as a school subject has its advantages & disadvantages.” A student must take a specific position (for example: “Gender Studies is a useless, discriminative subject that must be removed from the high school/college curriculum.”
2. Check whether you have enough evidence to convince and support the main argument (thesis statement). Conduct an in-depth research sitting in front of your computer or a school/college library. Apply both primary & secondary sources to collect different points of view, shocking facts, and impressive statistics.
“If you don’t know what you want to achieve in your presentation your audience never will.” – Harvey Diamond
3. Decide on the target audience. Harvey is not the one to prove the significant role of the target reading/listening audience you address in your piece of writing.
4. Out of the list of good themes, make a shorter list specifying the ideas, which in your opinion, sound familiar and possess enough evidence to support your argument. The writer’s position must make sense (example: instead of claiming that murder is bad, state that a death penalty is not the most effective punishment and it will not stop serial killers from what they do.)
5. Follow the accepted academic paper structure and cover: introduction, 3-5 body paragraphs (one argument per each), conclusion, and write a Bibliography / References page.
6. Outline the purpose. Are you trying to introduce an unpopular view on the subject of matter or are you writing to prove your position is right? The tone/voice of the final paper depends on these factors.
7. Cover something more than evidence. Write your paper on one of the interesting themes, present the collected evidence, but do not forget to include other supporting elements such as examples & meaningful explanations. It would be great to show things the writer has faced in his life.
- start with a hook for essay
- introduce the topics
- provide some background information
- add thesis statement
- state your main arguments
- present one argument per paragraph
- each paragraph should be related to a thesis statement
- present and develop ideas logically
- summarize the main points of the paper
- restate the thesis statement
- provide the concluding idea
- do not copy-paste or repeat the ideas mentioned in the paper; synthesize
- do not introduce new ideas
- do not introduce facts that contradict arguments provided in the paper
Are you waiting impatiently to view the recommended list of good persuasive essay topics ? We have divided 100+ cool persuasive themes into separate categories to make it simpler to outline the subject based on the student’s specialization.
- Girls and boys can play in the same video games teams
- Every professional athlete must pass the drug test before the contest
- What is the role of media in sports life?
- Are athletes better role models than rock stars?
- High school & college sportsmen should be paid
- Extreme kinds of sports must be banned for children
- The social media scandals may ruin the Olympic Games
- David Beckham is an overrated football player
- Swimming is the safest and healthiest type of sports
- The role of Physical Education in modern schools is underestimated
- Should insurance cover COVID-19 treatment?
- Classical music as a means of concentration on studying
- Online education decreases the quality of education
- Shopping as an unhealthy way to cope with stress and depression
- Does Instagram misrepresent reality?
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized in all the states?
- Social media and computer games provoke aggression among teenagers
- Are Instagram influencers real influencers?
- Green tea is more harmful than coffee
- Homework: does it improve the quality of education?
Remember that we have more blogs with various lists of topics. What about informative essay topics ? Make time to read them, you will find something good for you.
- Schools should make the classes shorter and more frequent
- It is important to decrease the amount of homework (get inspired)
- Why do parents deserve a greater impact on social education?
- Which subject can be excluded from the high school program?
- The most important social issues students face at college
- Students need longer holidays
- Gender Studies is a popular subject in social media
- Should students be rewarded for the high English test scores?
- Is there a way to punish school bullying effectively?
- Should schools abolish the part of English examinations?
- Why protecting a Giant Panda is critical?
- Zoos are worse than human prisons
- A zoo is much better than a jail
- Foxes should be bred into the home pets
- What is the least dangerous animal on the planet?
- The influence of wild animals on nature
- Hunting for sport is an acceptable pastime
- They should make hunting illegal
- No one has a right to keep wild-caught exotic animals against their will
- People should change their clothes preferences and stop wearing fur & leather clothing
- Animal shows in zoos should be prohibited
- Should college athletes receive a scholarship?
- Waste sorting can help save the planet
- Should people under 18 be prohibited to create Instagram accounts?
- Online schooling negatively affects the level of education
- Is animal sport ethical?
- Mobile phones should be prohibited in schools
- Schools uniforms should be introduced in all schools
- School uniforms as means to help avoid discrimination based on social class
- Should recycling be mandatory?
Browsing cause and effect essay topics will encourage every student. You will come up with some additional ideas to write something interesting.
- Pros and cons of wearing a school uniform
- The issue of hate crime in schools
- Do you care that our society is no longer male-dominated?
- Does modern Internet video impinge on the adolescent’s intellect?
- Global Warming: myth or truth?
- The ethical & moral issues of cloning several years ago and now
- Do you agree that abortions should be illegal in every country?
- What country is death sentence an acceptable punishing measure?
- Do you agree that companies must start paying paternity leave to fathers?
- Should various communication devices be allowed during the examinations?
- Percussionists cannot be called professional musicians
- It is time to make music literacy a mandatory element of high school/college curricula
- Are school students better off studying dance or music?
- Do you care that American and British musicians are more paid than the artists from the rest of the world?
- Does it make sense to invest in your personal band for years?
- Every person with normal hearing can sing
- Playing bass guitar is not easier than playing 6-string electro guitar
- Music can act as one of the real treatments to cure mental health disorders
- Can some genres like heavy metal push the children to commit suicide?
- Is gothic music focus on death?
- Are cell phones safe for health?
- They must allow the law enforcement to apply DNA profiling in criminal investigations
- People have no right to conduct medical research on animal species
- The government should participate in developing measures necessary to prevent rare species of plants/animals from extinction
- Do you feel that our activity contributes to the global warming?
- People alone are responsible for the high level of pollution in the atmosphere
- Should oil companies be held more accountable in terms of the oil spills?
- Can marijuana act as a medical treatment?
- They should stop cloning animals
- Is it safe to eat genetically modified food?
Interesting sociology topics are here at your disposal. There are so many themes to study and write about for your work.
- The positive outcomes of war
- The largest part of homework writing assignments is useless in elementary school
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world
- Students of any age must have permission to keep their devices on during the class
- School cafeteria serve almost poisonous food
- Colleges must provide students with the free lunches
- Money and successful career can bring real happiness
- Should students pay for homework tasks?
- Why can every child have a pet?
- What has more impact - recycling or donating?
- Improve your time management to succeed at work
- The way to dress for success
- Why is it important to be true?
- Do the embarrassing episodes make people stronger?
- Potential catastrophes make people who survive value their lives more than before
- Should people live their lives spontaneously?
- Are determination and hard work enough to be successful?
- Self-confident is the most important personal trait
- Hobbies help to continue personal growth
- Is music a stress reliever capable of decreasing depression?
- Recruiters must be required to post job vacancies on a government-run website not on media resources
- Why is it the responsibility of our government to shelter homeless people?
- Must the religious groups drive the state fund schools?
- Puerto Rico should become a state
- Alaska has never belonged to the United States
- Barack Obama deserves to be printed on the new US banknotes
- Justice system in the United States has to be improved
- The military budget is rather huge: it is time to reduce it!
- How does media help politics?
- Marijuana can help to achieve peace around the world
(more ideas to make your homework answers smart!)
- Blondes are not necessarily dumb
- Humorous pick-up lines work
- Do women feel more than men?
- Why should students be allowed to drink beer at school?
- They should assign PE writing homework
- Never let your parents become your FaceBook friends/followers
- Moms can be more fun & crazy than dads
- How do you feel about debatable essays? Are they pointless?
- “Family Guy” displayed “Star Wars” better than George Lucas
- Men should change their style and start wearing pink clothing
Find a bonus: 3 more good ideas you may write about:
- Reservation casinos are beneficial if managed properly (Finances class).
- Should Scotland gain independence? (History class)
- There is no way to defend & support gay marriage (International Relations class).
The proposed list of the good themes for persuasive essays gives a clear understanding of what to write about to impress a high school/college teacher or the public and get a high grade. Choose the theme of persuasive essays wisely! A student must feel comfortable with his choice and elaborate on it to develop a powerful thesis and defend it. Don’t forget to add a strong social hook at the beginning (introduction paragraph) of persuasive essays and end up with an impressive conclusion for the reader to feel like discussing the interesting themes of your choice. We wish you good luck when writing persuasive essays. Pick one of the ideas you feel good about and get the desired grade!
P.S. Keep in mind you can contact online academic writers to assist in topic selection as well as writing the whole paper from A to Z.
Whether you are a high-school, middle-school, or university student, you will surely need to write an informative essay and knowhow to focus on school work. When this time comes, most students get stuck in choosing the best topic or a research question for their informative essay. To make this time-...
Are you fond of telling interesting stories? If yes, it's essential to know how to choose excellent narrative essay topics and follow the necessary assignment directions to develop a brilliant paper. Check out our compiled list of essay ideas from expert writers who complete homework on a regular ba...
In our daily life, we often compare things to make the right decision. However, most school children and college students feel puzzled when assigned to develop a comparison essay and thinkis homework harmful or helpful. The stumbling block here is a need to choose among compare and contrast essay to...
- How It Works
- Essay Examples
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
When given a task to come up with a persuasive speech , it is most often up to a student to pick the topic. Choosing the right topic for a persuasive speech is sometimes not such an easy thing to do as it may seem. The infinite choice often gets a student confused. Problem solution essay topics may help to clear things out.
In any case, it is always a better idea to work with a topic that is particularly close to you and that you have a genuine interest in, as opposed to just picking a random topic. Discussing something that you are familiar is not only more fun but also a lot easier.
To aid the student, we have compiled this long list of topics in a broad range of categories. The topics in our list vary greatly in their subjects but are equally engaging and exciting. We have included both classic persuasive speech topics done by millions of students and other people throughout the years – such as termination of pregnancy, firearm control, same-sex matrimony, public smoking, etc., as well as some of the more original that remain relatively uninvestigated – for now.
Here we go:
PETS AND FAUNA
Is it better to adopt a pet from an animal nursery or to buy one at a pet store?
Do some pets pose a danger to the community?
Should the owner get rid of a pet that has done harm to someone else’s health?
Should more kinds of animals be tamed and turned into household pets?
Is battery farming ethical?
Is factory farming too cruel to be legal?
Why is adopting a kitten better than buying one?
Is it a good idea to breed pets for sale?
How having a pet makes our lives better?
What makes a dog a perfect pet?
How having a pet affects a child?
How can one benefit from having a snake as a pet?
Why is it better to neuter your pet?
The amazing advantages of having your own horse
How having a cat benefits you?
Why is it important to safeguard dolphin populations?
Why we should not adopt forest animals?
How come some animals face the threat of extinction and what should we do about it?
CARS AND TRANSPORTATION
Should the familiarity with manual transmission be obligatory for getting a driver’s license?
What courses should one take before one can get a driver’s license?
How effective and safe are booster seats for kids?
If one should use the phone while driving, should one at least call hands-free?
At what age should people be allowed to drive?
What makes texting while driving unsafe?
How effective is it when the police chase cars?
What makes cars made in Japan stand out?
Why one should not drive sports cars in everyday life?
Is it justified to charge people money for passing driving tests?
How to optimize the street traffic to ensure the safety of bicycle drivers?
How advertising can mess with our minds?
How can advertising be regulated to make it more ethical?
Why should a business understand its target group(s)?
CONSTITUTION AND GOVERNMENT
Is it justified to detain people without any proper procedures if they are suspected of terrorism?
Is burning flags a valid form of protest?
Should silent prayers at schools be outlawed?
How should the government control and manage the turnover of alcohol and other narcotic substances?
Why should school students be given the right to refuse from prayers?
Is it fair to tax imported goods extra?
Why is it important to buy locally manufactured or grown goods?
How free trade agreements affect the national employees?
Can a trade deficit have a dramatic effect on home economy?
Why is it possible and necessary to increase the income of workers?
Why is it necessary to test and re-certify school workers for their pedagogical skills on a regular basis?
Is it justified to offer free higher education to all applicants from financially challenged backgrounds?
Should high schools be put in charge for the college admission exams?
How should students caught cyberbullying be prevented or persecuted?
Should community service become an obligatory part of the high school curriculum?
Pros and cons of allowing school students to use their phones in school territory.
Should only honor roll students be allowed into school sports teams?
Why should art classes be enforced in all public schools?
Does it really make studying at a study hall less effective when you listen to music?
Why boys and girls mostly share classrooms these days and how this rule holds up?
Should soda and sweets be present in vending machines and on the menu at buffets in schools?
Is it justified to let gym grades affect the GPA?
Is it justified to shut down schools that underperform on test scores?
Should college admission officers run obligatory psychological tests on all applicants to evaluate them?
Should it be made illegal to drop students out?
Is it a good idea to complement the curriculum with obligatory life skill classes?
Should state schools be run only for taxpayers money?
Should we replace textbooks with laptops or tablets entirely?
How important is it to support education in other countries and why?
Is it effective to force underperforming students to repeat the class?
Should there be quotas for minorities when it comes to college admission?
Is it really necessary for every student to learn a foreign language in the USA?
Should students who are on school sports teams be free from the gym class?
Should computer science be made into a compulsory discipline?
Should the college be concerned about their students’ employment upon graduation?
Should creationism be taught at biology classes alongside evolution theory?
Is it outdated to count the given and received amounts of education in hours at class?
Should commercial advertisement at schools be allowed?
Do students have to ask for permission to go to the restroom?
Is it a good idea to add a handwriting class to the curriculum?
Would it make sense to start school an hour or two later in the morning?
Should students be allowed to leave campus for the lunch break?
Why a study hall is equal if not better than a traditional class today?
Can we justify a student who listens to music in class?
Should school field trips be restricted to our country?
Should there be a certain age before and after which one could not work as a teacher?
How many foreign languages should be taught to a student?
Is the implementation of new technologies at schools sufficient?
Why is music education essential?
Should college fraternities and sororities be expanded into high school?
Should the students' financial backgrounds influence the amount of financial aid that they earn by studying hard?
Is it necessary to add home economics to the compulsory curriculum?
Should more students be encouraged to choose Chinese as the foreign language to study?
The importance of studying Spanish at schools
If SAT scores don't influence the chance for being enrolled in college, then why do they exist?
The pros and cons of private schools as opposed to public schools
Does standardized testing truly contribute to equal opportunities?
Why should students be encouraged to take part in international exchange programs?
Why are some social groups deprived of proper education and why it needs to be fixed?
Is the PARCC test adequate and/or necessary?
How should children be prepared for school before they start it?
From which grade should study hall be introduced?
Should everyone try and go to college?
Why do the students get insufficient financial assistance?
What it takes to make high school education for one student possible?
Does the school year have enough time to fit all the curriculum?
Should anime be studied at schools?
Should higher education be made available for all the population?
Why is homework necessary?
Is the curriculum overloaded?
Is it a good idea to take a year off from studying?
Is the school buffet menu sufficient?
Should schools owe (and provide) the housing for their teachers and other employees?
Do we need more scholarships for minority groups?
Should we give more opportunities for alternative education?
Is education in prisons working?
How we benefit from accelerated learning?
Is education overpriced?
Should private education institutions be forced to offer scholarships of their own?
Is security at schools sufficient?
How can schools attract extra funding?
The ways to confront and prevent various kinds of violence at schools
The benefits of home education
Are training programs for adults adequate?
How many languages should an average student learn?
Should the Oxford comma be made optional?
Are the existing regulations to protect the environment enough?
Should garden owners be allowed to grow exotic plants?
Why is it crucial to decrease the number of cars by enforcing public transportation?
Are we using our natural resources wisely?
The negative effects of pollution today
How making oil from algae will improve the environment?
Is hydraulic fracturing that dangerous?
Disposable diapers are a threat to nature
The positive effects of implementing hybrid cars
How is everyone personally responsible for protecting the nature?
How hazardous are oil spills to marine species?
Why we need to enforce recycling
The negative effects of single-use bags
How harmful is palm oil?
We need to preserve the environmentally sensitive regions
The long-run negative effects of oil drilling
Are fishing restrictions sufficient?
Why is it important to protect the rare species?
Alternative energy sources should be enforced more decisively
The regulation to protect ocean life are insufficient
How nature can benefit from reducing the use of paper?
Why the reckless use of natural resources is dangerous and why they should be conserved
Should women plumbers be paid the same as men plumbers?
Should we legalize euthanasia when doctors lack other options?
Are there better alternatives to death penalty?
Are stereotypes about certain social and other groups of people justified?
Is it necessary to test products on animals and/or humans before launching the mass production?
Should we try and influence our unborn children’s genetics?
Does donating to charities that help the poor improve the situation with poverty?
Why do women still have their genitals artificially deformed and why we should no longer take it
Why eating meat is not unethical
Why we should stop buying and wearing fur clothes
Should parents be entitled to allow their underage children to drink alcohol and smoke?
Should there be parental guidance for music video clips and music television?
How harmful can watching R-Rated movies be for children?
Does it help to restrict teenagers from playing violent video games?
Why parents of child performers and sportspeople should be less pressing
Why family violence is never a good idea
How fairy tales help to raise a good person
The potential harm of playing R-rated video games
How daycare helps children to be social
Why children should listen to their parents
Why children should stay away from chat rooms in the Internet
Why we need to raise awareness about family violence
The harm we do by lying to children about Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Toothfairy, etc.
Why women should not monopolize the pink color
Why should people be banned to wear hats and sunglasses at banks?
Why student loans need to be marked off in most instances
Why casinos at reservations are not as good idea as they seem
Is labeling genetically modified foods really helpful?
Why banning alcohol from being advertised on TV did not help?
Should every kid know how to cook?
Should cooking classes be added to the school curriculum?
Better things to do with unsold food products than throwing them to the garbage
Is adding sugar to food necessary?
How growing our own crops can improve our health and environment
Is there enough fruit and vegetables in our diet?
Genetically engineered food products are the future of humanity
How we underestimate peanuts
The amazing effects of drinking orange juice regularly
Are farmers’ markets that we have enough?
Can we get rid of the disease by switching our diets to exclusively organic food products?
Are the artificial chemicals in our food products that harmful?
STATE CONTROL AND RESPONSIBILITY
Should the Internet be controlled more strictly?
Should there be state-run websites where companies would be obligated to write about all of their job openings?
Is it the responsibility of the state to take care of the homeless?
Should the schools run by religious institutions get the taxpayers’ money?
Barack Obama’s portrait on newer dollar bills
How likely is Puerto Rico to be recognized as the 51 st State?
The imperfections of the US legislative system
Can the state interfere with what people choose to eat and drink?
How inflated is the military budget?
Should the state offer aid to everyone who claims they need it?
Where should we draw the line between local and federal governing?
Why are railroads so ineffective in the USA?
Local authorities neglect the problem of potholes
Are there any valid reasons for practicing eminent domain today?
Why drug-restricting regulations keep failing
Why is the zoning legislation ridiculous in its core
Should parents be informed if their underage daughter chooses to make an abortion?
Should aborted fetuses be utilized for genetic research?
At what age does it become healthy to use contraceptive medical treatment?
The American healthcare system is largely flawed and needs thorough revision
Does free distribution of condoms at schools improve the situation of sex-related problems among children of school age?
Exercise as an easy way to avoid health problems
All restaurants serving potentially allergenic ingredients in their meals should inform their customers thereof properly
How harmful fast food really is?
Why medical research would be rendered ineffective without animal testing
How effective are seat belts to prevent lethal casualties in traffic accidents?
How diabetes may affect your performance at work
The unpleasant consequences of skipping breakfasts
Is healthy fast food possible?
Is sex ed at schools effective?
Why we should consume as little salt as possible
Do we eat too much meat?
Why is the importance of good sleep underestimated?
School kids need to be educated about the prevention of rape and other sexual misconduct
How much soda can one drink without causing any damage to one’s health?
How junk food can be improved not to be junk
What happens if one works for several years without a good vacation
Why is it important to pick the right toothpaste
We consume too much sugar
Do we need more strict regulations regarding the advertisement of drugs?
Can we lower the percentage of suicides by legalizing euthanasia?
The underused potential of electroconvulsive treatment
The effective methods to withstand stress factors
The negative long-term and short-term effects of steroids for farm animals
Pros and cons of donating organs
The dangers of homeopathic treatment
The dangers of anti-vaccination ideology
How sleepwalking can be fatal
The hidden threat of vaporizers
The myth of electronic cigarettes being less harmful than tobacco
Why we should be skeptical about diet pills
What is Red Cross day for?
How donating blood benefits the society and you
The underestimated importance of drinking enough water
How to maintain a healthy diet without overdoing it
How few people can do a CPR
How you endanger others by smoking
Are there any 'easy' tips for staying fit?
Why and how should society confront mass obesity
Why are healthy food products too expensive?
The misused potential of gluten
How little do we know about side effects of popular drugs?
Do doctors get enough wages?
How high heels are bad for one's health
How we endanger ourselves by using tanning beds
Why prescription drugs need to be more accessible
The real and mythical dangers of smoking
Easy steps to keep your teeth healthy
Medical studies are dramatically underfunded
How to develop healthy everyday life habits
How laughing improves your health
Bike helmets save lives and should not be neglected
How having good friends can literally save your life
The deeds of the AA should be more advertised and appreciated
Medical care needs to be more accessible
How contraceptive treatment saves lives
Infectious diseases can be prevented more effectively
The health benefits of dark chocolate
Why positive thinking is good for you
How stomach stapling is being overused
Is it safer to chew tobacco than to smoke it?
Driving without seatbelts should be punished more severely
Do we know enough about food additives?
Until what age should mothers breastfeed their children?
Is binge drinking as great of a menace as it used to be?
Should teenage pregnancy be prevented?
What new factors cause teenage suicide?
Do we know enough about fire safety precautions?
Why people should donate their organs?
How to prolong your life without medical interference?
HISTORY IN GENERAL AND IN DETAIL
Did the USA drug their soldiers in Vietnam without their consent?
Do we know enough about the important figures from the African-American history?
What makes Abraham Lincoln a role model for all Presidents?
Why no nation should revise their history?
Why so many people believe that Neil Armstrong did not land on the Moon?
CROSS-CULTURAL AND INTERNATIONAL ISSUES
The USA should involve in international processes less
The actual dictatorships supported by the USA government
Should Catalunya be independent from Spain?
How independent can a country be?
Why should every nation seek to be independent in terms of energy sources
Is nuclear disarmament moving too slowly?
The USA should have never invaded Iraq
Is the UN as effective as it is supposed to be?
Whose responsibility is it to enforce human rights in regions where they are violated?
How should drunk drivers be punished adequately?
Should we outlaw using a cellphone while driving?
Should any unauthorized use of music and films be outlawed?
Should an illegal immigrant be able to pass the driving test and get a license?
Should we outlaw driving motorbikes without helmets?
Should elderly people be allowed to drive?
What should be the legal age for driving?
Is it dangerous to keep the possession of deadly weapons legal?
Does forbidding the use of explicit vocabulary on TV in the daytime help its cause?
Is owing exotic pets regulated well enough legally?
Should one be able to sue a fast food joint if they become obese?
Would it help to introduce additional taxation for unhealthy food products?
It to rightful to outlaw public smoking?
Should English remain the only universally official language of the USA?
Why do some groups of people argue that abortion should be illegal and punishable?
Should gambling remain legal?
Do same-sex couples deserve to be granted the same rights as traditional ones?
Should being in a moving car without a fastened seatbelt be punishable more severely?
Is the current voting age justified or should it be lowered?
Should being too loud be considered a crime?
Should bullying be considered a full-scale crime?
Should recycling become mandatory?
Is it a good idea to legalize medicinal marijuana?
At what age should people become eligible for Social Security?
Was it a mistake to legalize abortions?
Is the current immigration legislation wise and fair?
The restriction of smoking in public places violates rights of citizens
Should military (or navy) service be mandatory for all the US citizens?
Why are laws against drunk driving ineffective?
Why same-sex couples should be granted same rights as other couples
Should it be legal for everyone to hunt
Is having death penalty as a practicable punishment justified today?
Should it be completely outlawed to employ the underage at any kinds of work?
In what ways are books better than TV?
The positive impact of the likes of Twilight and Fifty Shades of Gray
Why is reading a good idea
Why media promotes certain beauty standards and how harmful it is
Do younger generations actually degrade due to the influence of the TV?
Should the teenage-oriented media be more careful about the messages they send to their audiences?
Has the Star Wars franchise and lore benefited after being acquired by Disney?
Children would treat TV more critically if Photography was studied at schools
Should age restrictions for TV shows be stricter?
How comic books are useful
How educational are educational TV shows?
Should TV be more education-oriented?
Public broadcasters are critically underfinanced
Violence, nudity and coarse language on TV needs to be regulated more strictly
The Cable TV market is too monopolized
How guitar music is better than synthetic
Lyrics in songs should not be censored
Music is the easiest and the most effective way to lighten up
How music contributes both to the individual and to the society
Music in MP3 format should be free as a promo material, whereas music in better sound quality formats should be for sale
Why is it dangerous to allow political parties to accept financial donations from large corporations?
The importance of every vote
Politicians should at least be fined for using personal abuse rhetoric
Why Bernie Sanders lost the primaries
Survival basics that everybody needs to know
Few simple rules of camping for everyone
How being clean affects your personal and professional life and wellbeing
PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIAL STUDIES
How much is intelligence pre-determined genetically?
To what extent does our environment influence who we are
Can a “shrink” be trusted?
What is the purpose of love in our lives?
How much does your feeling of happiness depend on your financial state of affairs?
Are long-distance relationships possible via online means?
Are words of love gender-biased?
It is possible to maintain a relationship being far away from one another
How to know the person for real before marrying?
RELIGION AND SPIRITUAL ISSUES
Should religion studies be included in the curriculum of public schools?
Can students from religious backgrounds make their prayers at schools?
Why most religions are not ready to allow women be priests
Why are religious conflicts the fiercest?
Why every religion claims to be peaceful?
Why fundamentalist movements arise
How we decide whether a certain cult is dangerous
Why it is important to allow people practicing their religion or lack thereof
How to confront stress and depression using art
Zeal is the most important factor in mastering anything
Why we should not overthink our lives
Is there any 'simple' time management advice for everyone?
How to benefit from stressful situations
How your looks influences your success
Why personal development is never enough
Confidence is crucial to any undertaking
Being persistent will help you achieve any results
Should obese people be forced to pay for two seats at public transport or entertainment venues?
Would it be effective to restrict the number of children in an American family to a certain number?
Is it justified to obligate residents to clear their adjacent sidewalks from snow?
Will we get rid of drunk driving if we appoint a responsible police officer to every pub?
Is it justified to present senior citizens with free use of public transportation?
Is it a good idea to make a certain period of community service compulsory for every US citizen?
Should we join the rest of the world and adopt the metric system?
How should we deal with people who refuse to stand up for the pledge?
Is it the responsibility of a good municipal government to arrange free Wi-Fi spots all over the city?
What makes urban life better than the countryside one?
Why it is important to stay open-minded at all times
Should an education worker give up on a “hard” kid in favor of the rest of the class?
Internet connection should be free of charge for everyone
Paparazzi and stalkers violate privacy of other people too often
Human life has improved a great deal in past 100 years
Why stereotypes exist?
Why raising awareness about feminism and gender studies is crucial
Is it ethical to aim marketing campaigns to underage audiences?
Should convicts be able to practice their right to vote?
How justified is Social Darwinism?
Why are jails so overcrowded with convicts in the US?
Are the currently running campaigns against poverty effective?
Is it possible to prolong weekends by one day without compromising working efficiency?
Are imposed gender roles a thing of the past?
The implications of traditional "trick or treat" custom
Should the state provide homes to lonely senior citizens for free?
Why are public restrooms so messy and what should be done about it?
Are genetically modified food products really that harmful?
Bullying is a destructive social factor
Society imposes downright dangerous beauty standards
Being polite will get you everywhere
Why buying at Walmart should be avoided
How to bring good to your community right now
Lack of fair-priced residences is a serious problem
The holidays are too short for no good reason
What makes propaganda a hazardous weapon?
How excessive wealth corrupts people
Why elderly people need the opportunity to use public transportation for free?
How public transportation system can be improved
Why everyone should contribute to the community
Why should all the homeless be assisted with finding homes
Cyberbullying is a serious threat
What you achieve by supporting charities
People can and should retire at an older age than they used to
Censorship is suffocating the emerging information society
Foster parenthood should be more advertised and encouraged
The real reasons for equality
How can we help children with single parents
How to tame corruption at a country level
Why it is important to buy local goods
Security alarms are a simple thing that can improve our lives drastically
The importance of alternative penitentiary options
Lawsuits are becoming a circus and profanate the very legislative system
Poverty cannot be dealt with unless we invest more resources into the social system
Working hours in pubs need to be reconsidered
Police should be the last place to come across corruption
The society should show more support to non-working single parents
Female workers still usually have to work at lower wages than their male colleagues, and it is a big problem
Cosmetic surgery is abused as a result of poor regulation
Senior citizens today need more care than ever
Why some companies still maintain the infamous tradition of racial profiling
How can we enforce more respect to people’s privacy
Why the struggle for women equality advances so slowly
Why relations between various ethnic groups still leave much to be desired
Mass media are biased and subjective
Should support crew such as marching bands and mascots be regarded as sportspeople?
Is bike sharing more than just a fresh trend?
Should college team players be treated as professional sportspeople and be rewarded financially?
Are school teams overfinanced?
Why are women sports less interesting to the media?
Why drug tests for professional sportspeople are still not a must?
Is it fair that sportspeople earn such tremendous amounts of money?
Sports is about pushing yourself to the edge, and not about defeating others
Is it justified to reflect ethnical-cultural details in team names and other attributes?
Are cheerleaders as good sportspeople as others?
Why even the most professional team would have no chance with a name like Yellowfaces?
Why sports get so much attention?
Gym classes should be more focused on practical physical skills like swimming
Why professional sports should remain privately financed?
Are the existing safety precautions for athletes sufficient?
Physical training is overrated
Sure, as we know from diagnostic essay page, with such a huge variety of topics to choose from, picking just one may be a challenge. As we already mentioned, the trick is to pick a subject that appeals to you personally. This is one of the surest ways to approach any academic paper because it's going to be way more interesting to research the subject and because writing the actual paper will quite a lot of fun!
Still, figuring out the best topic for your essay is not your only concern as a student. The next step would be crafting a compelling thesis statement. As a rule, essay writers present their thesis at the end of the introductory paragraph. Further on, you will base your paper on this statement, so choose wisely.
> The best tip on constructing a great thesis statement would be to choose something that is not too obvious. This way, you will have a chance to hook your reader and make him/her interested in what you have to say on the topic.
The number of body paragraphs will mostly depend on the length of your paper. Normally, having three major arguments to prove your point is enough for a convincing paper. This, in its turn, will give you three body paragraphs, each starting with its own point. Make sure to use logical transitions between the paragraphs, though - do not just skip from one issue to another.
The last (and usually, the fifth) paragraph of your paper is the conclusion. Here, it is very important to restate your thesis statement. But remember - you should not do it word for word. The main point of a quality conclusion is to summarise everything you have written and prove your thesis statement either right (this is the most common approach) or wrong (it may sometimes happen in argumentative papers).
All in all, you can see that writing a persuasive essay is no brain surgery. Still, it would be hard to argue that the process requires quite a bit of time and concentration. Plus, if you are assigned a persuassive paper topics in one of the minor subjects, it may often be challenging to take some time off the subjects you're majoring in. Fortunately for you, there is always a way out. In this particular case, custom writing is the perfect solution that saves time and effort.
Our company has already helped thousands of overworked students from all over the world with their academic assignments. We deal with a vast variety of essays in social, exact sciences, and humanities. And the best thing is - each paper is assigned to a qualified expert in the area, which is why all custom papers written here meet the high educational writing standards, as well as student's particular requirements.
- Sociology Essay Topics
- Discover How to Write 500 Word Essays That Wow Your Tutor
- The Major Paragraph Types
- Top 10 Rhetorical Analysis Essay Topics
- How to Write a Successful Literary Essay
- Free Essay Writer
- Essay Typer
- Free Essays
- Grammar Checker
- Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
11 min read
Published on: Apr 25, 2019
Last updated on: Dec 29, 2022
On This Page On This Page
A persuasive essay includes details about a topic or a problem with the aim to convince the readers. Despite getting a lot of persuasive essay assignments in schools, students struggle to find a good topic. Not having a topic means no clue where to start from or what to do your research on.
If the teacher assigns the essay topic, it is easier to make a start and do research. That is not always the case, and you might have to choose a topic for a persuasive essay.
Do you want an A-grade topic for your persuasive essay assignment?
In this blog, 100+ persuasive essay topics are given. Feel free to choose your desired topic from this list.
What is a Persuasive Essay?
The definition of a persuasive essay is very straightforward. Writers use valid facts, logic, and reasoning to convince readers that their point-of-view (the one you are arguing) may be valid or at least worth further consideration.
Learning how to write a persuasive essay not only helps students with their academics but also has real-life value. It teaches them important life skills such as critical thinking and reasoning, which are vital for success in any field.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job
Persuasive Essay Topics 2023 for Academic Levels
For any type of academic writing, it's important that you spend some time brainstorming and exploring great topic ideas before starting on your work. The following list should help with getting started:
Persuasive Essay Topics for 5th Grade
- The winning aspect of kindness
- Medical checkups should be free
- The digital world is highly influenced by censorship.
- Is social media a blessing or a curse?
- Sports are overrated
- Doing sports can be unhealthy.
- Athletes should get paid
- Does school start too early?
- Should parents be friends with their children?
- Chess is not a sports game
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- The client is rarely right
- What is the best sport to play?
- Smartphones killing communication
- Racial slurs should be illegal.
- Should we take steps to reduce climate change?
- Aliens probably exist.
- Hard rock influences people negatively.
- Should assist suicide be legal?
- The best modern TV show
- Dress code for successful people.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- All classrooms should have a pet
- There should be no homework at school
- People should quit smoking
- Recycling should become mandatory
- We need more holidays
- Country life vs city life
- How we can change the world
- The student should get paid for good grades
- Why are dogs better than cats?
- Why we should grow our own vegetables
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- How video games can be educational
- Remote education is better than traditional schooling
- There should be one world currency
- What defines true friendship
- Pros and cons of e-learning
- How we can stop racism
- School testing is not effective
- Nuclear power should be illegal
- Using mobile phones in class during the lesson
- Pros and cons of eating sweets
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Do violent video games make kids more violent?
- Should students have to say what they wish to learn?
- Are girls pressured more in society than boys?
- Myths about reality television
- Do professional athletes make too much money?
- How to conserve energy at home?
- Why are we influenced by pop culture?
- Do celebrities have a right to privacy?
- Should parents make education a priority for their children?
- Middle school or college helps in building the kids’ behavior and personality. How far is the statement true?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Do illegal immigrants have constitutional rights?
- Do airport screenings really make us safer?
- Should the law allow birth control for minors?
- Pros and cons of free wifi in the cities
- What qualifications do you need to become a teacher?
- Is it right and safe to keep exotic animals?
- Pros and cons of wearing school uniforms
- Should elderly people get free bus rides?
- Should abortions be made legal for single mothers?
- What are the dangers of drinking energy drinks?
Persuasive Essay Topics For College -
- Does technology make us more alone?
- Do Apps help you or just waste your time?
- Does Facebook ever make you feel bad?
- Is getting fired for what you say on Facebook justified?
- Should people be allowed to hide their identities online?
- Online learning vs face to face learning
- Can Cellphones Be Educational Tools?
- Should companies collect information about you?
- The marketing of alcohol to college students
- Chronic diseases and mental illnesses are different. Discuss.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University Students
- Why is it important to wear bike helmets?
- Influence of video games on children
- Should the death penalty be banned?
- Is homeschooling effective?
- How can global warming be stopped?
- Should gambling be legalized?
- Cloning should be banned
- The commercial side of education
- Is it possible to live on the Moon?
- The threats of overpopulation
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
The essay topic is the first and most important step in getting high grades. You should choose something you have an opinion about to make sure that your writing skills are up-to par with what teachers are looking for these days.
Writing an essay can be difficult and time-consuming, which is why it's important to learn how through a complete guide. Persuasive essays need ample research as well as skillful writing.
If you are looking for good persuasive essay topics for your writing assignment, you should look at the below-mentioned topics.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Music and Arts
- Is music an effective medium to engage the masses?
- What kind of impact does music really make on society?
- How has technology changed music production?
- The impact of music and poetry in forming the identity of a nation
- Do photoshopped images make you feel worse about yourself?
- How technology is changing the music business?
- Why does hip-hop need to be taken more seriously?
- How does classical music differ from contemporary music?
- Can sad and depressive music lead someone to suicide?
- Should there be a censor board for the music industry also?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why was the FIFA scandal allowed to go on for so long?
- How can we teach our kids values through sport?
- Reasons why basketball in the United States is more exciting than baseball
- Do you believe that college athletes should be paid?
- Who do you think is the best football player and why?
- How to get kids more physically active at school?
- Is there anything one should ignore while playing sports?
- What do you feel is the most popular sport in the world?
- Is it necessary that a good sportsman could be a good coach also?
- Should board games be included in the championship?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Social Media
- How does social media affect our mental health?
- Social media and television hypnotize people
- How would life without computers look today?
- Internet censorship: is it really necessary?
- How would life be without social media?
- The importance of social media in business
- Radicalization and the use of social media
- How does social media impact businesses?
- What role does social media play in informing the masses?
- Social media has become a massive force in the last decades. Discuss.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Why should students not have homework?
- Reasons for the school days to be shorter
- Should cellphones be allowed in school?
- Is it unhealthy to eat sweets every day?
- Why should you not exercise every day?
- Should kids get pocket money? When and how much?
- How long can you stay at home by yourself?
- Why is reading more beneficial than watching movies?
- Why should children be encouraged to read books?
- Kids’ lunchboxes should be planned by a dietician. Discuss.
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Women vs. men: who gossip more?
- Why not blame the horoscope when things go wrong?
- Why should you never take the cinnamon challenge?
- Why should a breakup insurance policy be invented?
- Why should men say no to skinny jeans?
- The importance of using humor in the classroom
- Reasons why your customer is not always right
- Why do people love to watch shark attack shows?
- Telling jokes in a foreign language is easier for a multilingual person.
- Why do some people not find clowns funny?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
Persuasive essays are a great way to get your point across engagingly and persuasively. They don't require much research, making them perfect for elementary school students.
Below are some topics for your help.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Should colleges add a psychological test as a part of the admission criteria?
- Should Textbooks be replaced by computer notebooks?
- Is it a good idea to buy books for free?
- Should teachers have to pass basic skills tests every?
- Reasons you should take a gap year before going to university
- Reasons why grades never indicate intelligence
- Why should every school have a gardening program?
- Why should schools have education counselors?
- Business studies should be introduced at the school level. Discuss.
- What makes distance education better than traditional education?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Creation and evaluation in public education
- Parenting and its effects on children
- Things you should stop throwing away
- The government should have a say in our diets
- Pros and cons of term limits for congress
- Reasons why marketing to children in unhealthy
- What is the link between sustainability and profits?
- Teachers should use modern technologies in class.
- Why capital punishment is inhuman and unnecessary?
- Bilingual education brings better results.
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Pros and cons of ethnic adoptions
- Why is cheating banned for academic papers?
- Euthanasia should be legalized
- How do parents make our life better?
- Abortion should be legalized
- Animal testing should be illegal
- Pros and cons of capital punishment
- Pros and cons of biological weapons
- Lesbian couples should not be allowed in the bar
- Torture is a helpful interrogation instrument
Unusual Persuasive Essay Topics
- Which one is better; a morning person or a night person?
- Do you want to enjoy your job or earn good money?
- Why should teens read more?
- The consequences of racial discrimination
- The best places for summer vacation
- Is downloading really stealing? The ethics of piracy
- Why should parents not worry about their kid’s screen time?
- Parents should be held responsible for their kids’ behavior. Discuss.
- College lectures should not exceed 30 minutes. Discuss.
Higher English Persuasive Essay Topics
- How significant is English literature?
- What impact does football have on the culture of England?
- High school students should be taught abstinence
- How effective are motivational theories for students?
- How important is good self-esteem for students?
- No one should be silent about abuse, especially children.
- Drug testing for high school students
- Why is a gap year a great idea for students?
- You can’t judge a student by their grades.
- What type of video games should be completely banned?
The following are some of the most popular and engaging persuasive essay topics for students. These can be used as inspiration when writing an argumentative essay, because both types seek to convince their readers on certain points or sides.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
Persuasive speech and essay topics can be difficult to find, which is why we've put together this list of some great topics for your help.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Mental Health
- Do mental health medications work?
- Are Americans overmedicated?
- Difference between anxiety disorders
- Studying psychology stresses students
- What causes anorexia?
- Types of personality disorders
- How do arts and mental health relate?
- Can a mental disorder justify any crime?
- Pros and cons of clinical trials.
- What is a mental health crisis?
Political Persuasive Essay Topics
- Change in politics in wartime.
- Why should you vote?
- Should the government send a human-crewed mission to mars?
- Is capitalism the best economic system?
- The importance of women in politics.
- Politicians are usually good people
- Should military service be mandatory?
- International diplomacy
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- Should America build the wall?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Tips for Choosing a Great Persuasive Essay Topic
Keep in mind the following points when choosing good but easy persuasive essay topics:
- It should be debatable
- Choose something you can easily express your opinion on
- Avoid difficult topics
- Do not choose emotionally charged topics
- Try to choose controversial topics
Below are some great persuasive essay topics to get you started on your paper. Choose the one that interests you most.
We all know how hard it is sometimes to come up with interesting ideas for essays, but that doesn't mean you should just give in and submit something boring. Simply consult FreeEssayWriter.net .
So, what are you waiting for?
Consult us now and get help from a professional essay writer for your academic assignment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 5 paragraphs in a persuasive essay.
The 5 paragraphs in a persuasive essay are:
- Introductory Paragraph with thesis statement.
- 3 body paragraphs with facts and reasonings.
What are the 3 parts of a persuasive essay?
The 3 parts of a persuasive essay are:
Nathan D. (Literature)
Nathan is a highly experienced writer and author. With a Ph.D. degree in journalism, he has a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share with the world. Nathan is passionate about writing, and his work has been featured in some of the most respected publications. His clients and colleagues respect him deeply for his knowledge and insight into the writing process.
People also read
A Step By Step Persuasive Essay Writing Guide
Persuasive Essay Outline - Detailed Guide with Examples
Persuasive Essay Examples for All Academic Levels
Share this article
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
Freeessaywriter.net is a platform where students can find free online tools for paper writing. With the help of these instruments, you are more than capable of composing the content according to any academic requirements.
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 [email protected]
all major debit / credit cards
©2022 - All rights reserved
- Send Password
We’ll research, write, and deliver a full-pro essay FREE to you under these easy terms:
- We’ll provide 100% original research and writing to any new customer placing their initial order.
- This is offer is available to new customers, one time only.
- Your essay will be plagiarism-free, written by a seasoned writing professional.
- Essay limited to 500 words (two pages). Additional pages at standard rates.
- Policy changes upon written notice at the discretion of company.
Your first essay is FREE with a minimal admin fee of $20 that guarantees the security and prompt delivery of your order. Why an administrative fee?
- To give you a 100% guaranteed Turnitin zero-plagiarism report.
- To assure your total confidentiality and privacy behind our bullet-proof security firewall (which costs us a ton of money!).
- To buy coffee for the amazing writer working on your essay (happy writers are better writers).
- To make it possible to deliver QUALITY ESSAYS FOR FREE.
Original Price: $0
Offer 2 Pages Free: $0
Admin Fee: $20
Thank you for your order!
One of our agent will contact you shortly., if you have any other requirements or changes, please notify us immediately, as we are now working to deliver great writing that exceeds your expectations hard at work..
All persuasive essays have the following: Introduction: Introduces the topic, explains why it's important, and ends with the thesis. Thesis: A sentence that sums up what the essay be discussing and what your stance on the issue is. Reasons you believe your side of the argument: Why do you support the side you do?
Find the best topic for your persuasive essay. Learn how to write a persuasive essay using this list of 100 topics, organized by degree of difficulty. Find the best topic for your persuasive essay. Menu Home Science, Tech, Math Science Math Social Sciences Computer Science Animals & Nature Humanities History & Culture Visual Arts Literature English
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School Time management leads to a successful career. Explain how? How does listening to music while working helps improve the focus? Pursuing one's hobby as a career ensures success. Elaborate on the concept. Discuss how dressing depicts the personality of an individual.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School The Best Vacation Destinations Does a Home Environment Influence Pupils' Academic Performances? Should There Be Harsher Punishments for Bullying? Is Less Homework Really a Good Idea? The Pros and Cons of Summer Schooling Field Trips Should Be Organized Every Week
Top-12 Good Persuasive Essay Ideas Is the Internet safe for young kids? Should we abolish zoos? Can animal testing be ethical? Is euthanasia a human right? Do public libraries need more funding? Is green energy reliable? Can we remain anonymous online? Is gender a social construct? How can debt be relieved for college students?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Science and Technology The ever-changing world of science and technology brings lots of practical and ethical questions. See what you think about animal testing, genetic engineering, and climate change with these thought-provoking persuasive prompts. Should America fund another trip to the moon?
12 Best Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students How important is mental health? Is online school more effective? Are GMO products good? Is social media dangerous? What's wrong with the education system? Does recycling work? Is veganism bad for the environment? Should foreign policy be feminist? Is marriage an obsolete institution?
10 Best Persuasive Essay Topics Including the most interesting, thought-provoking and unique topics, this section contains the ten best persuasive essay topics out there. All problems facing humanity could be fixed with better technology Embalming is a dangerous practice Euthanasia should be illegal
Here is our list of 10 best persuasive speech topics. Money can't buy love or happiness. Cooking should be taught in schools. The minimum wage should be increased. Advertising is a mind game. Introverts make great leaders. Eating meat is unethical. Anyone under 16 should not be allowed to date.
Life and Ethics Persuasive Essay Topics Is it OK to eat animals? What animal makes the best pet? Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal. Should we allow little kids to play competitive sports? Who faces more peer pressure, girls or boys?
While most students believe that writing a persuasive speech is a nightmare, selecting the right topic is actually harder. Undoubtedly, selecting the right persuasive speech topics for 2023 is an important part of delivering an A1 speech. Thus, unless the topic is right, no matter what your content and delivery are, you will fail to make an impact.
We've compiled a list of 110 persuasive speech topics—broken down by category—for you to choose from or use as inspiration. Use the set of three questions we shared above to determine which of these interesting persuasive speech topics is right for you. Art, Media, and Culture Should tattoos still be considered "unprofessional"?
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields: Arts & Culture Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures? Should the government fund public art programs? Are comic books an important form of literature? Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
Some suitable topics for a persuasive essay in middle school include: The ability to fly is the most amazing superpower. Some scientific discoveries should not be shared with others. The most boring job in the world. Children and chores. Kids should be paid for doing chores. Children should be given larger allowances.
112 Engaging Persuasive Speech Topics. Tips for Preparing Your Persuasive Speech. Writing a stellar persuasive speech requires a carefully crafted argument that will resonate with your audience to sway them to your side. This feat can be challenging to accomplish, but an engaging, thought-provoking speech topic is an excellent place to start.
In this article, we'll share some of the most popular and interesting Higher English persuasive essay topics that students often choose. We hope this will help you narrow down your choices and choose a topic you'll be able to write about easily. So, without further ado, let's get started!
What side of these political persuasive topics are you on? Take a stab at one of these and the paper will likely fly out onto the keyboard. Should protesters be allowed to block traffic? Do they pose a threat to public safety? Why should you vote? Should same-sex marriage be legal? What is your opinion on protecting religious liberties?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6 Is toothpaste healthy? Churches should pay taxes. What is the role of the media in sports life? Adopting pets is the best choice.Fairy tales are good for young children. Should our country have free healthcare? Fizzy drinks should be banned from school. Free time gets teens into trouble.
Here are some tips to help you finish your persuasive speech in the best quality: 1. Create an Outline. The best way to make sure that your essays and papers are written perfectly is to work following outlines. An outline serves as the frame that you can check against while working on your persuasive speech.
We should do away with penny coins. Fast food containers hurt the environment. Plastic straws are harmful to the environment. You can eat and enjoy healthy snacks. You can become a millionaire. Dogs are better pets than cats. You should own a bird. It's unethical to keep birds in cages.
Feeling arguments are very personal and strong. The aim of the emotional argument is to awaken the reader's feelings. In other words, the reader should preferably start crying out of your emotional argument…. (2) Factual arguments - based on pure facts.
Persuasive Essay Structure Enjoy 103 Good Persuasive Speech Topics: Make Your Choice Wisely! "He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense." - Joseph Conrad
The topics in our list vary greatly in their subjects but are equally engaging and exciting. We have included both classic persuasive speech topics done by millions of students and other people throughout the years - such as termination of pregnancy, firearm control, same-sex matrimony, public smoking, etc., as well as some of the more ...
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8. How video games can be educational. Remote education is better than traditional schooling. There should be one world currency. What defines true friendship. Pros and cons of e-learning. How we can stop racism. School testing is not effective. Nuclear power should be illegal.
In short, a persuasive essay endeavors to persuade or convince readers to agree with your point of view on an issue. For instance, an essay analyzing changes in Italian art during the Renaissance is not an example of a persuasive essay as there is no argument. However, an essay arguing that Italian art reached its peak during the Renaissance ...
essays and stories to keep up with their peers. Whatever the case Page 2/187. Read Online Interesting ... skills, vocabulary and comprehension. The writing Page 3/187. Read Online Interesting Persuasive Research Paper Topics prompts in this book are ideal for children in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade, but older students will also enjoy the ...