Edexcel Paper 3 (9PH0/03)
You can find all Edexcel Physics A-Level Paper 3 past papers and mark schemes below:
- Formulae Sheet - Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2017 MS - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2017 QP - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2018 MS - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2018 QP - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2019 MS - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2019 QP - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2020 MS - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2020 QP - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- June 2021 MS - Papers 3 Edxecel Physics A-level
- June 2021 QP - Papers 3 Edxecel Physics A-level
- Specimen MS - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- Specimen QP - Paper 3 Edexcel Physics A-level
- Revision Courses
- Past Papers
- Solution Banks
- University Admissions
- Numerical Reasoning
- Legal Notices
- Form 1 Mathematics Notes
- Form 2 Mathematics Notes
- Form 3 Mathematics Notes
- Form 4 Mathematics Notes
- Form 1 Mathematics Topical Questions and Answers
- Form 2 Mathematics Topical Questions and Answers
- Form 3 Mathematics Topical Questions and Answers
- Form 4 Mathematics Topical Questions and Answers
- Form 1 Functional Writing Notes
- Form 2 Functional Writing Notes
- Form 3 Functional Writing Notes
- Form 4 Functional Writing Notes
- Poetry Notes
- Grammar Notes
- Oral Literature Notes
- Oral Skills Notes
- Guide to Blossoms of the Savannah Summarized Notes - Easy Elimu
- A Doll's House
- The Pearl Study Guide
- Memories We Lost and Other Stories Study Guide
- Inheritance Study Guide
- A Silent song and Other Stories Guide
- Fathers of Nations Guide
- An Artist of the Floating World Guide
- Sarufi na Matumizi ya Lugha
- Isimu Jamii Notes
- Fasihi Notes
- Ushairi Notes
- Mwongozo wa Kuandika Insha
- Tumbo Lililoshiba na Hadithi Nyingine
- Mwongozo wa Kigogo
- Mwongozo wa Chozi La Heri - Chozi la Heri Notes PDF
- Mwongozo wa Bembea ya Maisha - Bembea ya Maisha Notes PDF
- Mwongozo wa Nguu za Jadi
- Mwongozo wa Mapambazuko ya Machweo na Hadithi Nyingine
- Biology Form 1 Notes
- Biology Form 2 Notes
- Biology Form 3 Notes
- Biology Form 4 Notes
- Biology Essays
- Form 1 Biology Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 2 Biology Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 3 Biology Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 4 Biology Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 1 Chemistry Notes
- Form 2 Chemistry Notes
- Form 3 Chemistry Notes
- Form 4 Chemistry Notes
- All Chemistry Practicals Notes for KCSE and MOCKS
- Form 1 Chemistry Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 2 Chemistry Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 3 Chemistry Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- Form 4 Chemistry Topical Revision Questions and Answers
- IRE Form 1 Notes
- IRE Form 2 Notes
- IRE Form 3 Notes
- IRE Form 4 Notes
- Physics Form 1 Notes
- Physics Form 2 Notes
- Physics Form 3 Notes
- Physics Form 4 Notes
- CRE Form 1 Notes
- CRE Form 2 Notes
- CRE Form 3 Notes
- CRE Form 4 Notes
- Geography Form 1 Notes
- Geography Form 2 Notes
- Geography Form 3 Notes
- Geography Form 4 Notes
- History Form 1 Notes
- History Form 2 Notes
- History Form 3 Notes
- History Form 4 Notes
- Business Studies Form 1 Notes
- Business Studies Form 2 Notes
- Business Studies Form 3 Notes
- Business Studies Form 4 Notes
- Home Science Form 2 Notes
- Home Science Form 3 Notes
- Home Science Form 4 Notes
- Home Science Form 1 Notes
- Agriculture Form 1 Notes
- Agriculture Form 2 Notes
- Agriculture Form 3 Notes
- Agriculture Form 4 Notes
- Agriculture KCSE 2019 Project
- Computer Studies Form 1 Notes
- Computer Studies Form 2 Notes
- Computer Studies Form 3 Notes
- Computer Studies Form 4 Notes
- KCSE 2017 Reports
- 2018 Pre-Mocks
- 2019 Pre-Mocks
- 2022 Pre Mocks
- 2021/2022 Pre-Mock Past Papers
- 2023 Pre Mocks
- 2017 Mock Past Papers
- 2019 Mock Past Papers
- 2020 Mock Past Papers
- Mock Exam Papers 2021/2022 - Easy Elimu
- Mock Exam 2022 Questions and Answers
- Alliance Boys High School
- Maranda High School
- Form 1 Past Papers
- Form 2 Past Papers
- Form 3 Past Papers
- Form 4 Past Papers
- 2019 KCSE Prediction Papers
- 2020 KCSE Prediction Papers
- 2021 KCSE Prediction Papers
- 2022 KCSE Prediction Questions and Answers - EasyElimu
- KCSE Prediction 2023
- 2020 Post Mock Past Papers
- 2021/2022 Post Mocks
- Play Group: Activities, Homework and Syllabus
- 2023 PP1 Exams
- 2023 PP2 Exams
- Grade 1 Notes
- 2023 Grade 1 Exams
- Grade 2 Notes
- 2023 Grade 2 Exams
- Grade 3 Notes
- 2023 Grade 3 Exams
- Grade 4 Notes
- 2023 Grade 4 Exams
- Grade 5 Notes
- 2023 Grade 5 Exams
- Grade 6 Notes
- KPSEA Exams
- 2023 Grade 6 Exams
- Class 6 : Notes, Revision Papers and Syllabus
- Class 7 : Notes, Revision Papers and Syllabus
- Class 8 Notes
- 2023 Class 8 Exams
- 2023 Kcpe Prediction
- Grade 7 Notes
- 2023 Grade 7 Exams
- Form 1 Opener Exams Term 3 2023
- Form 2 Opener Exams Term 3 2023
- Form 3 Opener Exams Term 3 2023
- Form 4 Opener Exams Term 3 2023
- Mwongozo wa Bembea ya Maisha
- form 1 mid term 1 exams 2023
- form 2 mid term 1 exams 2023
- form 3 mid term 1 exams 2023
- form 4 mid term 1 exams 2023
Trending (4 New)
- Form 1 - 4 High School Notes
Physics Paper 3 Questions and Answers - KCSE Prediction Papers 2022
« Previous Topic Physics Paper 2 Questions and Answers - KCSE Prediction Papers 2022
Next Topic » Biology Paper 1 Questions and Answers - KCSE Prediction Papers 2022
Instructions to Candidates
- Write your name and index number and school in the spaces provided above.
- Sign and write the date of examination in the spaces provided above.
- Answer ALL the questions in the spaces provided in the question paper.
- You are supposed to spend the first 15 minutes of the 2½ hours allowed for this paper reading the whole paper carefully before commencing your work.
- Marks are given for a clear record of the observations actually made, their suitability, accuracy and the use made of them.
- Candidates are advised to record their observations as soon as they are made.
- Non-programmable silent electronic calculators may be used.
- This paper consists of 8 printed pages.
- Candidates should check the question paper to ascertain that all the pages are printed as indicated and that no questions are missing.
- Candidates should answer the questions in English.
Question 1 You are provided with the following:
- A metre rule
- A spring balance
- A mass of 200g ( 2N) with a hook or (two 100g masses)
- Knife edge support.
- Two light strings about 10cm long.
Proceed as follows:
- Using the string provided make two loops to be used as hooks L1 and L2 in the diagram.
- Suspended the spring balance from a clamp and using one loop to support the rule from the spring so that the loop L2 is on 85cm mark.
- Using loop 1 suspended the 2N weight at a distance d=10cm from the knife edge as shown and take the reading of the spring balance, record the results in table 1.
- Plot a graph of force F against distance d(cm) (5 marks)
- The slope (2mks)
- The value of F when d=0 (2mks)
- Using the information from your graph, determine the constant k and m in the equation below and state units, f represents the reading of the balance and d is as shown in the above. F=2md +40k. (4marks)
Question 2 PART A You are provided with the following:
- Two new dry cells
- A resistor labeled Q
- Wire mounted on a millimeter scale
- 6 connecting wires with crocodile clips on one end of at least three
- A voltmeter
Proceed as Follows:
- Take the voltmeter reading when the switch S is open. V 1 = ……………………………… volts (1 mark)
- Close the switch S, and take the voltmeter reading V 2 and the ammeter reading I V 2 = ………………………………… volts (1 mark) I 1 = …………………………………... Amperes (1 mark)
- Calculate the quantity P = V1 - V2 (2 marks) I1
- Take the voltmeter reading V and the ammeter reading I. (2 marks) V = …………………………. I = ……………………………
- Determine the resistance R of Q (2 mark)
- Move the crocodile clip along the wire AB to a point such that L = 100cm. Note the voltmeter reading and record in table 2.
- A lens and a lens holder
- Determine the focal length, f by focusing a distant object. f = …………………….cm (1mark)
- Set the position of the lens so that it is 40cm from the candle (u=40cm). Adjust the position of the screen until a sharp image of the candle flame is obtained. Measure the distance (v) between the lens and screen. Record the value of v in the table below.
- The information contained in this paper is to enable the head of school and teacher in charge of Physics to make adequate preparations for this year’s Physics joint practical examination. NO ONE ELSE should have access to this paper or acquire knowledge of its contents. Great care must be taken to ensure that the information herein does not reach the candidates either directly or indirectly.
- The Physics teacher is NOT expected to perform the experiments
- The apparatus required by each candidate for the Physics joint practical examination are set out on this page. It is expected that the ordinary apparatus of a Physics laboratory will be available.
- The Physics teacher should note that it is his/her responsibility to ensure that each apparatus acquired, for this examination agrees with specifications on this page.
Question 1 Provide each candidate with the following apparatus.
- A mass of 200g (2N) with a hook or (two 100g masses)
- A complete retort stand
- Knife edge support atleast 10cm high
- Cell holder
- 10 ohms resistor labeled Q
- 100cm of nichrome wire SWG 28 labeled AB at the ends mounted on a millimeter scale
- 6 connecting wires, atleast 3 with crocodile clips
- A voltmeter (0 – 5v)
- An ammeter (0 – 1A) of (0 – 2.5A)
- A lens of focal length 20cm and a lens holder
- A white screen
- The slope (0, 0.4) (70, 2.4) ½ mk for each change = 2.0 70 x 10 -2 = 2.857 N/cm 1mk for evaluation, with units ,4s.f or exact Or 2.857 x 10 -2 N/M
- When d = 0, Force = 0.4N i.e the y – intercept (1mk for identify it’s a value for y – intercept) (1mk for correct reading from the graph)
- Comparing y = mx +c with F = 2md +40k Then gradient = 2m 2.857 = 2m 2.857 = m 2 Y= intercept = 40k = 0.4 = 40 k√1 40 40 = 0.04 40 N√1
- V 1 = 3.1 ± Volts (1mk) (at least 1 d.p)
- V2 = 2.6 ± 0.1V (1mk) (at least 1 d.p) I1 = 0.12 ± 0.02A (1mk)
- P = 3.1 - 2.6 (1mk) 0.12 = 4.167Ω
- V = 2.2 ±V 0.1 (1mk) (at least 1 d.p) I = 0.22 ±0.02A (1mk)
- R = 2.2 = 10Ω 0.22 1mk for ohms law/ substitution 1mk correct evaluation with correct unit
- Correct conversion of 1/L (1mk)
- Voltmeter Reading within range (1/2mk each) to a max of 2mks
- Correct evaluation of 1/V (1mk)
- Correct evaluation of Z (1mk)
- f = 20.0 ± 1.0 cm 1mk 1d.p a must
Download Physics Paper 3 Questions and Answers - KCSE Prediction Papers 2022 .
- ✔ To read offline at any time.
- ✔ To Print at your convenience
- ✔ Share Easily with Friends / Students
- Music Paper 3 Questions and Answers - Mokasa 1 Joint Mocks Exams 2023
- Chemistry Paper 3 Questions with Confidential - Mokasa Mocks Exams 2023
- Kiswahili Paper 3 Questions and Answers- Mokasa Mocks Exams 2023
- English Paper 3 Questions and Answers- Mokasa Mocks Exams 2023
- Physics Questions and Answers - Form 1 Term 3 Opener Exams 2023
access all the content at an affordable rate or Buy any individual paper or notes as a pdf via MPESA and get it sent to you via WhatsApp
What does our community say about us?
Join our community on:.
- KCSE Revision Questions
- High Schools in Kenya
- Teacher Resources
- Questions and Answers
- Online Tuition and Classes in Kenya
Copyright © 2022 EasyElimu
Try using firefox or google chrome.
- Question Papers
- Marking Schemes
- Register FREE Log In
Share to view.
Kindly share to view content
Question details and history, physics paper 3, kcse cluster tests 1.
Free School Management System
Physics Paper 3 Marking Scheme Sort by: Number Topics
A graph of Force, F (N) against distance d (cm)
Graph axis/label -1
Plotting -2 (any 4 correct 1 mark)
(ii) P represents resistivity of the material
(ii) Graph of voltmeter reading against ammeter reading
√line 5 marks
2B) (ii) A graph of voltage,(V) against current,(I)
(iv) Emf of the cell = Intercept on p.d axis = 1.32V √2marks
(v) To keep the wire at constant temperature so that its resistance does not rise with current flowing in it.
- Centre Services
- Associate Extranet
- All About Maths
- Planning resources
- Teaching resources
- Assessment resources
Specification at a glance
This qualification is linear. Linear means that students will sit all their exams at the end of the course.
- 2. Electricity
- 3. Particle model of matter
- 4. Atomic structure
- 7. Magnetism and electromagnetism
- 8. Space physics (physics only)
- Remember me Not recommended on shared computers
Forgot your password?
Or sign in with one of these services
Physics HL paper 3 questions
By Giannis , January 27, 2019 in Physics
- Reply to this topic
- Start new topic
I have a question with two scales.
1. Our teacher said that the IB Physics Paper 3, includes questions that concern lab experiments. However, I did some research and I found that it concerns the options? Can someone confirm this? Is there even a Physics paper that concerns lab experiments? It's our teacher's first year doing the IB, so I don't exactly trust her.
2. I found this site online which has past papers:
Here, if I click on "Paper 3", it only has options E, F, G, H, I and J. Where are options A, B, C and D? Me and my class have chosen option B - Engineering. But it doesn't seem to be here.
Am I getting something wrong here?
Thanks in advance!
Link to post
Share on other sites.
You should look for the most recent "IB guides" on all your subjects. For physics, it is 2016.
In 2016, paper 3 will consist of data processing questions and those based on your option. Attached below are the specimen papers IB published for the current syllabus.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
× Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
× Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
× Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
× You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
- Insert image from URL
- Submit Reply
- Existing user? Sign In
- Latest Activity
- Notes & Files
- Create New...
KCSE Past Papers 2021 Physics Paper 3 (232/3)
Physics - paper 3 - 2021 - 2.30 hours.
- NGOs Grants
- Current Scholarships
- Jobs in Africa
- Link to Us!
- Site Search
- What is New?
- Volunteer in Africa
- Volunteer in Kenya
- Medical Electives
- Submit Article
- Scholarships Grants
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Call for Proposals
- Study Abroad
- KCSE Past Papers
- Research Grants
- Entrepreneur Grants
- Journalist Grants