Essays About Role Models: Top 5 Examples and 7 Prompts
Check our guide, including top examples and prompts on essays about role models to write a high-quality piece about your idol and motivator.
How do you label someone a “role model”? Do you look for exemplary qualities like high intelligence, good leadership skills, and confidence? Role models are critical in personality development and life. For example, research proves that adolescents with positive role models, primarily those they know personally, do better academically and have more courage and self-respect.
A role model is someone who excels in their field of expertise, inspires you to be a better person, and motivates you to follow an excellent path. They influence your life decisions and encourage you to become a lifelong learner. Who individuals decide to be their role models vary. Although most pick their parents , others also choose prominent people like celebrities, politicians, or singers.
If you want to start writing about your role model, here are five sample essays to inspire you:
1. Best Role Model in Life by Prasanna
2. my role model: essay about my father by anonymous on gradesfixer.com, 3. word essay on true role models by pragati ghosh, 4. the role model qualities of martin luther king junior: leadership, courage, and self-discipline by anonymous on studymoose.com, 5. my mother: my inspiration and my role model by ankita yadav, 7 writing prompts for essays about role models.
“But for me, a role model is someone who motivates me and influences me to be a good human and positive person in life, who gives me a supporting hand to walk and run to achieve my dreams and goals. Role model is not someone who is full of ego, attitude or full of selfishness.”
Prasanna introduces her role model A.R. Rahman as someone who stimulates her desire to be an excellent musician. She mentions how vital it is to look for a role model in the field that you’re interested in. For her, it’s music. Rahman stirs up her passion for learning guitar and reaching the same achievements he had.
She believes anyone can be someone’s role model as long as they are a good person. Prasanna adds that a good role model must help you reach your dreams. She also shares her wish to meet her role model to thank him personally.
Are you interested in music? Check out these 10 essays about music .
“He is the one I always admire in my life. When I have children, I want to be similar to my father to do for my kids how he takes care of me.”
The essay shows the excellent characteristic of the author’s role model, their father. They describe him as a knowledgeable person who always encourages them to be strong in every situation and supports their goals in life. Further, the writer mentions that their father earns respect and admiration from others because of his hard work in becoming a successful businessman and a reputable human being.
“A role model is somebody who has influenced us in our lives and whom we try to imitate and learn as we are aspired by them.”
Ghosh’s essay acknowledges that in today’s era, a person’s character, style, body language, virtues, deeds, and actions influence what type of role model they will be for others. She notes that an actual role model has self-confidence and good communication skills, shares similar thoughts with those they inspire, knows how to get credit, and does things with good intentions. She concludes her essay by advising the readers to choose their role models wisely.
“… He was a civil right activist and is one of the reasons why African Americans have rights.”
This essay expounds on Martin Luther King Jr .’s qualities that the author admires. These characteristics pushed the writer to choose him as their most significant role model. The piece recounts how Luther King Jr.’s leadership skills in fighting for equal rights and courage in speaking in front of police officers inspired the writer to be as brave as the activist and Baptist minister. The author also includes that despite being busy, Luther King Jr. finished his work on time because of self-discipline.
“She is a mother, a pilot, a driver, a cook, a good person, all at the same time. I not only want to be a pilot like her but want to copy her overall personality.”
In Yadav’s essay, she discusses how her mother became her role model. Aside from being a hard worker, she points out how she religiously follows schedules to be timely with her firm self-discipline. She believes her mother isn’t only the next Master Chef but also someone with a high sense of fashion. She’s a busy person with style. Yadav’s role model is with her at home – a mother, a mentor, and a perfect friend with a fantastic personality.
Are you ready to write an essay about your role model? If you don’t have a role model or you’re having trouble coming up with a topic to start your essay writing, feel free to use the prompts below:
1. Why Should I Have a Role Model?
Most people, especially students, look for a role model to motivate them to find the right career path. At the same time, this path must also let them focus on goals, develop skills, and build character. Use this prompt to discuss your reasons why you want to have or have a role model. Then, introduce your role model by sharing their characteristics and what makes them special. You might also be interested in these essays about critical thinking.
2. My Role Models
People have more than one role model. For this prompt, list your heroes and why you consider them as such. Then, pick the top ones and add their lessons’ impact on your life. Finally, you can include some of their inspirational quotes and explain why these sayings resonate with you.
3. What Is a Role Model?
Define what role models are all about and link relevant research or statistics that prove their importance. Then, talk about your understanding of being a role model and what qualities most look for in their role models today.
4. Disney Characters and Role Models
Disney characters, especially princesses, are what young girls want to be. Share your stance on the debate of whether it’s okay for kids to use a fictional character as their role model or not. Affix your reasons why. Make your essay more convincing by adding examples, especially if you disagree with the idea that imaginary characters are worth being idolized.
5. Celebrities and Singers as Role Models
Many look up to different celebrities and singers and consider them their role models. Some take it to the extreme and follow exactly what their idols do. Unfortunately, many become obsessed and follow even the wrong things, thinking they will gather the same fame and status as their idols. They also forget to live their own unique life. First, say something about youngsters worshipping popular artists. Then, add how people can select more positive and influential models to adore.
6. Characteristics of a Good Role Model
Discuss the typical characteristics people associate when they think of a “role model.” Then, give examples of these ideal individuals and share your preferences when favoring a role model.
7. How Do Role Models Affect Young People?
Role models should motivate and inspire the youth to reach their goals and live as good people. Open discourse about the benefits of having a positive role model and how they can help change the unhealthy behaviors of today’s youth. Make your piece more compelling by adding the adverse effects of having a negative role model.
Excellent grammar and punctuation are crucial to ensuring a good grade in your essay. See our guide to grammar and punctuation to know more.
For help with your essay, check our round-up of best essay writing apps .
Join over 15,000 writers today
Get a FREE book of writing prompts and learn how to make more money from your writing.
Success! Now check your email to claim your prompts.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
Maria Caballero is a freelance writer who has been writing since high school. She believes that to be a writer doesn't only refer to excellent syntax and semantics but also knowing how to weave words together to communicate to any reader effectively.
View all posts
Home — Essay Samples — Life — Hero — Role Models
Essays on Role Models
The influence and importance of role models in the lives of people, role model: father as the most influential person in my life, made-to-order essay as fast as you need it.
Each essay is customized to cater to your unique preferences
Leadership, Helpfulness, and Dedication in Role Models
Taylor swift – a role model for me, the importance of peers and role models for adolescents, bo jackson: an american hero and legend in sports, let us write you an essay from scratch.
- 450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help
- Custom essay delivered in as few as 3 hours
Emma Watson as My Role Model
My role model: selena gomez, why celebrities are bad role models , parents should not rely on athletes as role models, get a personalized essay in under 3 hours.
Expert-written essays crafted with your exact needs in mind
Prophet Muhammad as a Role Model for Me
My role model - tyler joseph, the way andrew carnegie's wealth made him a national hero, why my role model is my mother, the people i consider to be my heroes, teen leader follow jesus as role model, my role model at work, how disney’s princesses are bad role models, how media portrays sport personalities and how it influences their image, my role model: john lennon, roles and responsibilities of managers, the bem sex-role inventory, facilitating and team group dynamics reflection disc, key reasons for andrew carnegie's success, does a role model have an impact on a person's life, steve harvey: my role model, my ideal person: what it means to me, my role model: oprah winfrey, my teacher is my hero (150 words), my sister - the most influential person in my life.
A role model is a person whose behaviour, example, or success is or can be emulated by others, especially by younger people.
Get Your Personalized Essay in 3 Hours or Less!
Top 10 Similar Topics
- Helping Others
- Someone Who Inspires Me
- Influential Person
- Career Goals
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
83 Role Model Topics & Examples
If you wish to explore the qualities of a person you admire or talk about a celebrity, check these role model essay examples and original topics prepared by our team .
🤫 Secrets of Powerful Role Model Essays
🏆 best role model topics & essay examples, 📌 most interesting role models to write about, 👍 good role model topics for research, ❓ role model questions, 💯 free role model essay topic generator.
How can one define a role model? Who are the role models in today’s society? Role model essays serve the purpose of answering these questions. These assignments can help students to understand the meaning of role models better.
It is not hard to write a good role model essay, but you should know some secrets of making your paper powerful. Before we discuss some useful tips, you can select a problem for your research. Here are some essay topics and titles we can suggest:
- The significance of parents as role models
- The role of a teacher in society / Teachers as role models
- The significance of a role-model leadership
- What qualities do positive and negative role models have?
- The role of the mother in a family (or a role model essay on parents in general)
- How can negative role models affect children?
- Celebrities have a moral responsibility to be good role models
Remember that you can also ask your professor to provide role model essay examples, if possible. Once you have selected a topic for your paper, you can start working on the essay. Here are some secrets of creating a powerful essay:
Think of the issue you want to discuss (you can select one from our examples) and do preliminary research on it. Although the topic of a role model may not seem hard, it is best to learn as much about it as you can.
Ask your professors about the sources you can use. In general, scholarly sources and peer-reviewed articles are the most important sources of information.
Develop a role model essay outline. Your paper should be well-organized to keep the reader’s interest. Make separate sections for the most significant arguments and remember to include an introductory paragraph and a conclusion.
Your introduction should present the problem you are discussing. Include a thesis statement at the end of the paragraph. A thesis can look like this:
- Celebrities should be aware of their responsibility to be positive role models.
- Define a role model. You can look up the definition in dictionaries and discuss your opinion on it. Discuss examples of positive and negative role models.
- Discuss the qualities that make a person a role model. Should someone be smart to become a role model? Is kindness important? Do academic achievements make someone a role model? Make your paper engaging by discussing these debatable issues.
- Support your arguments with evidence from your preliminary research. It will make your opinions look reliable. At the same time, do not rely on outside sources solely. Your essay should incorporate a unique perspective on role models and existing knowledge on the issue.
- When working on an argumentative essay, include a refutation paragraph and discuss an alternative viewpoint on the issue. You should prove that your opinion is more reliable.
- A role model essay conclusion should include all of your arguments and the main points of the paper.
- Make sure that you use correct grammar and sentence structures. Check it several times to make sure that there are no mistakes in it. Pay attention to the spelling of words, too. If you are not sure that the grammar is correct, ask your peers to look through the paper for you.
Do not forget that we also have some free paper samples that will provide you with ideas for your essay!
- Parents as Failed Role Models: A Doll’s House and Fight Club The drinking culture of parents revealed in the story of the Fight Club underscores the elements that increase children’s exposure to alcohol and drug taking.
- Significance of a Male Role Model for Forming Tomas and Gabe’s Personal It is possible to pay attention to Tomas and Gabe’s visions of masculinity referring to the ideas developed by Tomas in relation to the question, to the opinion which is characteristic for Gabe, and to […]
- Role Model: Nelson Mandela Through the African National Congress party, Mandela was determined to undergo any form of suffering for the sake of the South Africans blacks who were facing a lot of suffering at the hand of apartheid.
- Celebrities as Good Role Models In the conclusion, it was affirmed that celebrities’ accomplishments are easily identifiable to the public, as is the case with Angelina and Oprah, and this makes them good role models.
- Education and Leadership Role Modeling Generally, the article is of great significance to education, for it provides a guideline on what leadership trainers should emphasize in their endeavors of ensuring that education builds all round and sound mind leaders, who […]
- Willy Loman, a poor role model to his two sons Biff and Happy The main theme in the play is sustained in the play with the sons of Willy attaining their personality from their father.
- Father as a Male Role Model During the days when schooling was considered to be accessible only to the children of the opulent, those who were not privileged enough to go to school, remained at home and helped their parents in […]
- Gloria Steinem: A Role Model for Millions of Women However, for the majority of women, the situation changed considerably after the initiation of the suffrage movement in the 19th century, which found its reflection in the women’s rights movement of the 20th and 21st […]
- Oprah Winfrey as Role Model The young Oprah was raised on a farm by her grandmother, and she maintains that the care her grandmother gave her early on probably saved her life.
- The Role Model ‘Central Woman’ in the Literature The other side of her personality is the merciful woman. What seems to be motivating the grandmother is her role and responsibility as a grandmother.
- Role Model as a Communicator My role model as a public communicator is very intelligent and ethical when presenting his speech to the public; he sticks to a single topic throughout.
- Ernie Davis as a Football Role Model He was an exceptional player born ahead of his time, as he stood out on the football field as the first African American to win the Heisman trophy in 1961, and to be chosen for […]
- Positive Role Model in “A Doll’s House” by Henrik Ibsen To sum up, A Doll’s House presents the harsh life of the mother and wife, Nora, who is trapped with her husband with no choices and goals.
- Nutrition and Excellent Role Model
- Prophet Muhammad as Role Model for Religious Teachers
- The Misconception of a Role Model and the Relation to an Athlete
- The Importance Of A Role Model In The Adventures Of Huckberry Finn By Mark Twain
- Religion Is A Role Model For Majority Of People
- Selena Gomez as a Positive Role Model
- Role Model Worthy For The Field Of Social Work
- Towards a Holistic Innovation Policy: Can the Swedish National Innovation Council Serve as a Role Model
- The Barbie Doll’s Role Model For Children
- The Role Model Qualities Shown by the Finchs’s Maid in To Kill a Mocking
- Tupac as a Role Model
- Strategy Development to Launch a New Product! Launching Of iPhone As a Role Model
- Raising Awareness of My Own Voice Through My Vocal Role Model and Non-Model
- Taylor Swift: My Role Model
- Who Is the Role Model for Young Women? Pride and Prejudice and Bj’s Diary
- True Grit Is Not A Good Role Model For Young Women Today
- The Life and Work of Jane Goodall, a Scientist and Role Model
- Women Rhetoricians’ Role Model and Pan Chao
- The Value of a Role Model in the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Parents Need To Be A Role Model For Teenagers
- Princess Diana as a Role Model and People’s Princess
- The Role Of Models Of A Role Model
- The Story of an Influential Role Model, George Washington
- The Loss of a Role Model in In Red Sky At Morning by Richard Bradford
- The Constitution of India is a Role Model for The World
- The Importance of the Father as a Role Model
- Professional Athletes Should Be Role Model to Kindergartners in Modern Society
- The Best Role Model Of The Worst People
- A Description of Eleanor Roosevelt as a Good Role Model
- Why I Chose Martin Luther King as My Role Model
- Tennyson’s Ulysses as a Victorian Role Model
- The Possibility of the United States to Become the World Moral, Economic and Political Role Model
- White Teeth: The Problem of Lacking a Role Model
- Willy Lohan, A Poor Role Model To His Two Sons Biff And Happy
- Positive Role Model in the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- What Makes A Modern Role Model
- What Makes A Role Model Like A Good Outlook
- The Importance of Having a Good Role Model
- Teacher Role Model and Students’ Physical Activity
- Walt Disney as a Role Model
- What Is a Role Model?
- How Do Role Models Help in Forming Identity?
- Are Celebrities Good Role Models?
- What Makes a Good Role Model?
- Why Do Celebrities Become Role Models?
- How to Become a Role Model in Your Home?
- Are Athletes Good Role Models?
- Who Should Be a Role Model?
- Do We Need Adults as Role Models?
- How to Be a Good Role Model?
- Why Are Celebrities Bad Role Models?
- What Is Better: Being A Leader Or Role Model?
- What Makes a Role Model?
- How Do Role Models Influence Our Lives?
- Who Is the Best Role Model?
- Why Is It Important to Be a Positive Role Model?
- How Do Positive Role Models Affect One’s Behavior?
- Do Role Models Matter?
- Can You Be Your Role Model?
- What Are the Qualities of a Role Model?
- How Do Role Models Affect You Emotionally?
- Is It Okay to Not Have a Role Model?
- Why Do Adults Need Role Models?
- Who Are Role Models in Today’s Society?
- How Do Role Models Affect Employees’ Performance?
- Why Parents Are the Best Role Models?
- What Are the Three Important Traits of a Good Role Model?
- Is It Important for Everyone to Have a Role Model?
- How Many Types of Role Models Are There?
- In What Ways Are Role Models Important for Leaders?
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, August 9). 83 Role Model Topics & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/
IvyPanda. (2023, August 9). 83 Role Model Topics & Examples. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/
"83 Role Model Topics & Examples." IvyPanda , 9 Aug. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/.
1. IvyPanda . "83 Role Model Topics & Examples." August 9, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/.
IvyPanda . "83 Role Model Topics & Examples." August 9, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "83 Role Model Topics & Examples." August 9, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/role-model-essay-examples/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '83 Role Model Topics & Examples'. 9 August.
- Gender Roles Paper Topics
- Parenting Research Topics
- Attachment Theory Essay Topics
- Parent Essay Ideas
- Friendship Essay Ideas
- Conflict Resolution Essay Topics
- Family Relationships Research Ideas
- Cultural Identity Research Topics
- My Hero Titles
- Relationship Research Ideas
- Personal Ethics Titles
- My Best Friend Titles
- Self-Concept Questions
- Moral Development Essay Topics
- Personal Growth Research Ideas
How to write a role model essay
Do you have a role model? Most people do. A role model is someone that you look up to and admire. They can be a family member, friend, or celebrity. When it comes time to writing an essay about your role model, it can be tough to know where to start. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips on how to write an essay about your role model. We will also provide a few examples of role model essays that scored high marks from admissions officers!
Below are 5 important sections and tips to use when writing a role model essay.
Introduce your role model and explain why they are important to you
- 300 word essay
- Poem Analysis Essay
- How to write a thematic essay + examples
- How many paragraphs are in an essay?
- How to write a body paragraph for an essay
- How to Write a Critical Book Review Essay
The first part of a role model essay is introducing who your role model is and why they are important to you. This can be a family member, friend, or celebrity. Start by explaining what it is about this person that you admire. Are they successful? Do they have a great work ethic? Are they kind-hearted? Once you have explained why this person is your role model, you can move on to the next part of your essay.
My role model is my mother. She is important to me because she is always kind and helpful, even when she is busy. Her work ethic is also something that I admire; she always goes above and beyond to help others. Even though she is not perfect, I know that she always tries her best and that is why I look up to her.
2. Discuss the qualities.
Discuss the qualities that make your role model admirable
Now that you have introduced your role model, it is time to discuss the qualities that make them admirable. As we mentioned before, these can be things like their work ethic, success, or kindness. Try to choose three or four qualities that you want to focus on. For each quality, provide an example of how your role model embodies it.
One of the qualities that I admire most about my mother is her work ethic. No matter how busy she is, she always takes the time to help others. She has even gone out of her way to help strangers in need. For example, last year she saw a woman struggling to carry groceries home, so my mother offered to help her. The woman was very grateful and told my mother that she was an “angel”. My mother’s act of kindness made me realize that even small gestures can make a big difference in someone’s life.
Another quality that I admire about my mother is her success. Despite coming from a humble background, she has worked hard to achieve her goals. She is now a successful businesswoman and she is always looking for new ways to grow her company. I admire her drive and determination, and I hope to one day be as successful as she is.
The last quality that I want to discuss is my mother’s kindness. She is always quick to help others, even if they are not related to her. For example, last year she saw a woman struggling to carry groceries home, so my mother offered to help her. The woman was very grateful and told my mother that she was an “angel”. My mother’s act of kindness made me realize that even small gestures can make a big difference in someone’s life.
3. Describe the role model’s impact in your life.
Describe how your role model has helped you in your life
In this final section of your essay, you will want to discuss how your role model has helped you in your life. This can be in big ways or small ways. For example, maybe they have helped you achieve your goals or given you good advice. You can also discuss how they have inspired you to be a better person.
My mother has always been a great source of inspiration for me. She has helped me through difficult times and she always believes in me, even when I don’t believe in myself. Her support has been essential in helping me achieve my goals. In addition, her example has shown me that it is possible to be successful despite coming from a humble background. I am grateful to have her as my mother and my role model.
4. Summarize the lessons learnt.
Summarize what you have learned from your role model.
In conclusion, you will want to summarize what you have learned from your role model. This can be things like their work ethic, success, or kindness. Try to choose three or four qualities that you want to focus on. For each quality, provide an example of how your role model embodies it.
I have learned many things from my mother, but the most important thing is to always be kind and helpful. No matter how busy she is, she always takes the time to help others. She has even gone out of her way to help strangers in need. I have also learned that it is possible to be successful despite coming from a humble background. My mother is a great example of this; she has worked hard to achieve her goals and she is now a successful businesswoman. Finally, I have learned that even small gestures can make a big difference in someone’s life. My mother’s act of kindness last year showed me that even the smallest act of kindness can have a lasting impact.
5. Write a concluding remarks.
Conclude by explaining why you think everyone should have a role model
I believe that everyone should have a role model in their life. A role model can provide inspiration, motivation, and support. They can also teach important lessons and values. My mother has been a great role model for me, and I am grateful to have her in my life. I hope that everyone can find someone who they admire and who they can learn from.
In conclusion, my mother is an important role model in my life because of her work ethic, success, and kindness. She has helped me through difficult times and she always believes in me. I am grateful to have her as my mother and my role model.
Role model essay examples
I hope this article on how to write a role model essay was helpful. If you have any questions or tips on how to write an essay about a role model, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Writing a commentary essay.
- Diagnostic essay
How to shorten an essay
- How to write a thesis statement for an essay
- College Admission Essay Examples
- How to Write a Conclusion For An Essay (Examples and template)
How to Write a 1000 Word Essay
Reaction – response essay writing guide, related guides, writing effective essays: tips for students, how to write an effective essay in 5..., how to write a summative essay | definition,..., how to write an ethics essay, topics, outline,..., how to write a film analysis essay with..., background information essay, dialogue essay, formal essay vs informal essay, short story essay, discussion essay, how to write a photo essay – examples..., proper heading for essay, enduring issues essay, how to polish an essay for a better..., peel paragraph, how to write a position paper essay |..., analysis paper, attention grabbers for essays.