76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
🏆 best odysseus topic ideas & essay examples, 📌 simple & easy odysseus essay titles, 👍 good essay topics on odysseus, 💯 free odysseus essay topic generator.
- Gilgamesh and Odysseus: a Comparison After offering prayers to the dead, the people of the river offered the sheep to them and put the remaining parts in a pit that had been dug with shadows of the dead gathering around.
- The Concept of Moral Principles in Literature Works He formulated the trick of the great wooden horse to give victory to the Greeks. The prince was also supposed to strike a balance of generosity to the citizens.
- Analysis of Job’s and Odysseus The strong character traits of the main characters Odyssey and Job in the epic The Odyssey and The Story of Job help develop their plots from the beginning to the rise of conflict and their […]
- Comparison of the men of the 21st century to Dushyanta and Odysseus In Greek mythology, Odysseus was the king of the island kingdom of Ithaca, described as a hero, a warrior, known for his treachery and resourcefulness due to his wit.
- The Comparison of Gilgamesh and Odysseus This paper is aimed at discussing the journeys undertaken by the main characters; in particular one should focus on their motives of the protagonists and the way in which both Gilgamesh and Odysseus were transformed […]
- Odysseus as Husband Being a good father and an excellent husband, Odysseus did everything he could to return home, however, there were a number of barriers, however, having returned home Odysseus killed all people who wanted evil to […]
- World Literature: the Tales of Odysseus The tales presented in by Gochberg and Homer brings the travels of this great warrior and helps in shedding light into the society in ancient Greece.
- Odysseus and Creon Comparison Literature Analysis One of the heroes succeeds in his undertaking, the other bitterly fails, and the outcome is shaped not so much by the unchangeable predestined fate as by the personal qualities of Odysseus and Creon.
- Hero in “The Odysseus” and “The Epic of Gilgamesh” This paper explores the differences and similarities between the heroes of the ancient epics such as “The Odyssey” by Homer and “The Epic of Gilgamesh” the product of the culture of ancient Mesopotamia.
- Gilgamesh and Odysseus Comparison as a Heroes This myth is priceless for the researchers of Mesopotamian culture since it mirrors the religious traditions of that period, the treatment of gods, the perception of a hero, and attitudes to friendship and death.
- Odysseus’ Personal Qualities and the Epic Hero Image However, despite the need to win the audience, Odysseus also uses rhetoric to establish his authority; in his storytelling, he is always somewhat distant from the listeners: “Odyssean charisma, in both the personal sense attached […]
- Odysseus and Athena Comparison as Liars Athena finds Telemachus to inform him that his father is back, and she directs him to Eumaeus’ house, where he finds the vagabond.
- Rama and Odysseus as Eastern and Western Heroes Similarly to Rama, Odysseus belongs to the descendants of Zeus, the king of all gods, and uses a special bow as his favorite weapon. Another difference between Odysseus and Rama is their attitudes to family […]
- Ancient Civilizations. Odysseus’ Sexual Relations Meanwhile, the gods and goddesses of Mount Olympus debate his future and Hermis, the messenger is summoned to order Kalypso to release Odysseus form her.
- Ancient Civilizations. Odysseus and Polyphemus Odysseus and his men reach the land of the Kyklopes, a rough and uncivilized race of one-dyed giants. Groaning in pain, the giant hurls boulders at them and prays to his father, Poseidon to wreak […]
- Ancient Civilizations. Odysseus’ Signs of Doom The suitors remain unaware that their crude behavior to Odysseus has flaunted the laws of the Gods and punishment would follow.
- Ancient Civilizations: Odysseus’ Loyalty to Penelope Homer, in his epic The Odyssey tells the story of the heroes of Trojan wars and the most enchanting of all the themes of the classic work is the loyalty of Odysseus to his wife […]
- Odysseus of Ithaca in Greece: Literary Journey The first site to visit is, of course, the story told in simple and easy-to-read print, the story of Odysseus’ adventures.”Oh Goddess of Inspiration, help me sing of wily Odysseus, that master of schemes!” So […]
- Achilles, Odysseus and Aeneas Comparison Much ado in the Illiad tells of the dishonor he suffered from Agamemnon, his decision to quit the field because of it, and the futile efforts of the Greeks to appease him and draw him […]
- Representing the Heroic: Macbeth and Odysseus In Homer’s Odyssey, the noble nature of the hero is made clear in the way that his servants speak of him and strive to behave as he would expect.
- Athena’s Help to Odysseus By Means Of Disguises Odysseus was creative and capable of great endurance, and the gods paid heed to him, and it was due to his temper.
- Odysseus Strengths and Weaknesses He was a legendary king of Ithaca and arguably the hero in the poem called Homer. He was diplomatic and his skills came to the fore when disagreements arose in the war camps.
- Odysseus Adventures and Fate The main character of the epic poem Odyssey is Odysseus, the ruler of Ithaca and the brave warrior who is ready to do everything possible and impossible to return home to his wife Penelope and […]
- The Contrast of Odysseus as a Character Book IX of The Odyssey is structured as a series of flashbacks that reveal the wanderings of Odysseus and his men.
- Telemachus: The Son of Ithaca Tsar, Odysseus, and Penelope His childhood and adolescence were joyless, as the mother’s love and care and the custody of a wise educator Mentor could not substitute his father, who had gone to war with Troy.
- Hubris (Pride) of Odysseus and Oedipus This paper aims to examine the myths of Odysseus and Oedipus from the unifying idea of hubris. The hero becomes a hostage to circumstances and incurs the wrath of the gods.
- The Theme of Temptation in the Story of Odysseus
- The Odyssey: Odysseus Learns Patience, The Sanctity Of Life, And Humility
- The Odyssey’s Main Theme Involves The Exploring Of The Hardships Odysseus Endures
- The Journey and Tribulations of the Great Odysseus
- The Trials of Odysseus Depicted in Homer’s Odyssey
- The Journey of Odysseus to Become an Epic Hero
- Trojan War and The Adventures of Odysseus
- The Relationship Between Telemachus and Odysseus
- Ulysses Everett McGill versus Odysseus
- The Hero Monomyths of Herkales and Odysseus via Joseph Campbell’s Hero Archetype
- The Role of Goddess Athena in Trojan War and Odysseus
- The Long Suffering And Self Pitying Odysseus. The Odyssey By Homer
- The Significance of Odysseus Revealing His True Identity in Homer
- What Agamemnon Tells Readers about Odysseus
- Was Odysseus a Good or Bad Leader
- The Practical Role of Athene and Odysseus in The Odyssey
- The Punishment of Odysseus for Not Thanking the Gods
- The Unheroic Traits of Odysseus in Homer’s The Odyssey
- The Leadership Qualities of Odysseus and Shakleton
- Weaknesses of Odysseus and His Crew in the Odyssey
- The Image of Odysseus Before and After the Odyssey
- The Positive and Negative Qualities of Homer’s Odysseus
- Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects Verses Odysseus
- The Transformation of Telemachus and Odysseus
- The Influence of Odysseus on His Son in The Great Odyssey
- Traits Of The Hero Odysseus In The Odyssey By Homer
- The Story of Odysseus and How He Face Misfortune in His Attempts to Return Home in Odyssey by Homer
- The SuitorsViews Of Odysseus In Homer’s The Odyssey
- The Symbols Representing Odysseus and Telemachus
- The Qualities of Odysseus and Penelope From The Odyssey Applied in The Princes Bride
- The Journey of Odysseus in the Land of the Cyclops in Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Unferth in Beowulf and Odysseus in Homer’s Odyssey
- The Human Nature of the Hero, Odysseus in Homer’s The Odyssey
- The True Identity of Odysseus in Homer’s The Odyssey
- The Underworld in Odysseus and The Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Portrayal of Odysseus as a Brave Warrior in Homer’s The Odyssey
- The Quest of Odysseus in Becoming a Better Overall Human in Homer’s Odyssey
- The Hero’s Journey of Achilles and Odysseus
- The Role of Divine Intervention in the Life of Odysseus
- The Heroic Traits of Odysseus in Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- The True Meaning of an Epic Hero Odysseus in The Odyssey by Homer
- The Supernatural and Man: Hamlet and the Odysseus
- The Relationship between Odysseus and Kalypso in John Denver’s Song Calypso
- The Unpredictable Character of Odysseus in the Odyssey,a Poem by Homer
- The Relevance of the Battles of Odysseus with Our Modern Battles
- The Journey Taken By The Main Character Odysseus While Returning From The Trojan War
- The Similarities and Differences between Achilles and Odysseus
- The Special Attributes and Weaknesses of Odysseus in the Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- The Journey In Odysseus’s Journey From The Odyssey
- The Selfish and Blameful Character of Odysseus’ Son, Telemachus in Homer’s The Odyssey
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, January 24). 76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2023, January 24). 76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/
"76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 24 Jan. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." January 24, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." January 24, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." January 24, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/odysseus-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '76 Odysseus Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 24 January.
- Homer Titles
- Odyssey Questions
- Ancient Greece Paper Topics
- Aristotle Titles
- Ancient History Topics
- Plato Essay Ideas
- Poseidon Topics
- Medea Topics
- Ancient Egypt Questions
- Iliad Research Topics
- Oedipus the King Essay Topics
- Achilles Topics
- Gilgamesh Essay Topics
- Beowulf Titles
- The Metamorphosis Research Topics
99 Odyssey Essay Topics
🏆 best essay topics on odyssey, 🔎 good research topics about odyssey, 🎓 most interesting odyssey research titles, 💡 simple odyssey essay ideas.
- The Aeneid, the Iliad and the Odyssey Literature Comparison Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey show that humans’ actions can lead to their sufferings. The works of Homer and Virgil refer to death of warriors and innocent individuals.
- Five Priorities for Wisest Life: “The Odyssey” by Homer This paper discusses five priorities for living the wisest possible life according to character and moral examples derived from Homer’s “The Odyssey”.
- The Hero’s Journey: A Comparison Between the Odyssey and Gilgamesh While Gilgamesh spends his time seeking eternal life, Odysseus seems more interested in living the life that he has. Odysseus’ hero journey exemplifies “how one ought to live”.
- Ethical Dilemma in Homer’s “The Odyssey” Homer’s Odysseus faced such an ethical dilemma when he and his crew approached the area between Charybdis and Scylla as they were sailing.
- Father-Son Relationships in “The Odyssey” by Homer Being one of the most famous Ancient Greek plays, “Odyssey” has entered the realm of global culture, having left its mark on countless artworks and generations of readers.
- The Use of Disguise in “The Odyssey” and “The Metamorphoses” The topic of disguise is used in both works and helps the authors reflect on how deep and diverse human nature is in conjunction with the plots of ancient epics.
- Father-Son Relationships in “The Odyssey” The epic poem, “The Odyssey” by Homer is a great work of literature that narrates the story of Odysseus as he returns to Ithaca from Troy.
- Homer’s Penelope in “The Odyssey” As “The Odyssey” story progresses, Penelope is seen to have a strength of her own that has nothing to do with the physical strength prized by the men of her world.
- Penelope and Weaving in Homer’s “The Odyssey” The status of women in ancient Greece was not the same kind of freedom women experience in today’s republics, despite the rumors of Athens’ greatness and equality.
- Character Comparison: “Odyssey”, “Scarlett Latter,” “Troy,” “Hamlet” The paper compares the heroes from Homer’s “Odyssey”, Hawthorne’s “Scarlett Latter” and characters from Hollywood movies “Troy” and “Hamlet”.
- Relationship between Gods and Humans in The Odyssey The relationships between Gods and Humans in The Odyssey are layered and vital for the story. Find out how they affect the plot and Odysseus’s journey.
- What Do Monsters Represent in The Odyssey? The monsters are numerous and distinct in The Odyssey, serving as the main antagonists in the epic journey of Odysseus. Discover what they represent here.
- Good Wife Penelope in Homer’s “The Odyssey” The extraordinary zest displayed by Penelope in protecting her husband’s kingdom becomes the highlight of the book and many more characters have been inspired by her character.
- Coelho’s Alchemist and Homer’s Odyssey: Theme Comparison The book alchemist has the story of a boy who had a dream of finding treasures which he finally found. The book of Odyssey Odysseus as a hero who had a long journey back to his land.
- Odyssey Isle: Analyzing Pricing Strategies The present rate structure by which a person paying just a small amount and is able to visit five attractions is counterproductive for the company overall profitability.
- Father-Son Relationships in Homer’s “The Odyssey” By focusing on the father-son relationship, Homer reveals what was important to the ancient Greeks and what should still be important to us today.
- Gods in Homer’s “Odyssey” Analyzing Homer’s works, an interesting concept can be examined through the role of gods in his Odyssey and Iliad.
- Similes in The Odyssey – Greek Literature One of the primary ways that the poet Homer made his stories, such as the epic of The Odyssey, memorable was through the use of extended similes that reinforced cultural beliefs.
- The Iliad and The Odyssey – Homeric Epics Analysis The reason that The Odyssey had to be perceived after reading The Iliad is rather ponderous argument. The poems were titled by one and the same author.
- The Song of Roland and The Odyssey Comparison Homer’s characters are picked out of the public and carved into a hero’s place, but we find the French epic straight out of Disneyland.
- Odysseus and Athena Relationship in Homer’s The Odyssey Odyssey is one of the major poems written by Homer. It has been translated to a number of modern languages and originally it was expected to be sung, rather than read.
- “Heroine Analysis: Helen and Penelope in “”The Iliad”” and “”The Odyssey””” The story of Helen and Penelope in both works by Homer display different destinies of two most eminent heroines in terms of their participation in the development of actions shown in both books
- Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey — Comparison & Critique The stories of both have been repeated countless times and used in cultural references and in making big budget movies which speaks of their pervasive affect.
- Love in “The Odyssey” by Homer, St. Augustine’s “Confessions”, and in Dante’s “Inferno” The work investigates the interpretation of love in such works as The Odyssey by Homer, St. Augustine’s Confessions, and Dante’s Inferno.
- “Odyssey” and “Troy”: Compare and Contrast The content in the Odyssey may look medieval accounting for what has been portrayed in Troy; however, the latter has formed a basis for evident vengeance in politics.
- “The Odyssey” Analysis by Richard P. Martin Odyssey is a Greek poem attributed to Homer; and is an essential aspect within the contemporary western principle.
- Analysis of the “Odyssey” by Homer The “Odyssey’s” modernity is revealed in the overarching themes explored in the text, the use of symbols, the complex characters, and the poem’s representation of women.
- Odyssey. Influence on World Literature The Odyssey is a truly epic narrative that is structured according to ancient tradition. Demonstrates new tendencies making humans the center of the narrative and main characters.
- Odyssey, the Man and Myth Odysseus’ patient brings benefits and strength as it enables him to succeed and face obstacles on his way back home.
- “Loathsome Eriphyle” in the “Odyssey” as an Antagonist to Faithful Penelope A specific issue discussed in the essay is the portrayal of Penelope’s loyalty and patience while waiting for Odysseus to return from his two-decade journey. A specific issue discussed in the essay is the portrayal of Penelope’s loyalty and patience while waiting for Odysseus to return from his two-decade journey.
- The Influence of the Epics of Homer “The Illiad” and “The Odyssey” on Modern Civilization “The Illiad” and “The Odyssey” are excellent illustrations of the ancient Greek social structure, which later became the basis for the development of democracy.
- Caution and Restraint in Books 17-20 of Homer’s “The Odyssey” Books 17-20 of Homer’s “The Odyssey” concentrate on Odysseus’ arrival to his palace in a beggar’s disguise and the adventures surrounding his unannounced return.
- Heroism in “Odyssey” by Homer and “Inferno” by Dante This work aims to study such an aspect of human experience as heroism in Odyssey by Homer and Inferno by Dante Alighieri.
- “Managing Dilemmas: Homer’s “”The Odyssey””” At this point of the story, Odysseus’ and Penelope’s strategies for dealing with the crises they face are similar in that both of them utilize cunning to gain their goals.
- Travel Motive in Homer’s “The Odyssey” One of the most important ideas of The Odyssey is that each journey is not just an adventure, but a change in worldview and an overcoming of boundaries.
- Guest-Host Relationships in Homer’s ‘Odyssey’ The relationship between a host and a guest is one of the most important themes that Homer portrays in his epic “The Odyssey”.
- The Functions of Disguise in the Odyssey Disguise can be defined as a behavior or appearance that conceals an individual’s true identity. Many people fear cloaks because they are mysterious and intangible.
- The Odyssey: Ideas for Creating a Sequel The Odyssey may be the basis for creating a sequel, and the background of the original poem makes it possible to suggest the development of further events.
- Iliad and Odyssey: Hector and Menelaus Comparison The Iliad and the Odyssey have great significance due to the lyrical content they encompass. It is vital to consider two characters in these readings – Hector and Menelaus.
- The Tangible Symbols Used in the Odyssey by Homer
- Homer’s “The Odyssey” and the Characters of Nausicaa and Calypso
- Understanding the Meaning and Significance of Numbers in the Odyssey
- Athena and the Role of Women in the Odyssey
- Voyage and Psychological Development in Homer’s Odyssey
- Fashion and the Epic Concept as Presented in the Odyssey
- Athena’s Loyalty and Care Towards Telemachus in the Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Evaluating the Leadership Qualities of Creon and Odysseus in the Play Odyssey
- Loyalty Throughout the Story of the Odyssey by Homer
- Loyalty Conflicts Between Family and State in Homer’s Odyssey
- Relationship Between Man and the Gods in “The Odyssey” by Homer
- Penelope’s Suitors and Odysseus in “The Odyssey” by Homer
- The Justice and Rules of Gods in the Odyssey
- Homer’s the Iliad and Odyssey: Compare and Contrast
- Greek Mythology, Epic Poetry, and the Odyssey
- The Role and Influence of the Gods in Homer’s Odyssey
- Gladiator Compared With “The Odyssey” by Homer
- Double Standard for Women of Homer’s Odyssey
- The Significant Women Characters That Would Change Our Point of View on Gender in the Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Are Women the Source of Many Difficulties for Odysseus in the Odyssey
- Hero and Goddess, Odysseus and Athena in the Odyssey
- The Conflict Between Ulysses and Neptune in Homer’s “Odyssey”
- The Odyssey and Its Relation to the Greek Ideal of a Sound Mind and Body
- Oedipus Rex, the Iliad and the Odyssey and How These Works Relate to Gender
- The Differences Between Circe and Calypso in Homer’s The Odyssey
- Odyssey Fully Embodies the Greek Idea of Heroism
- The Classic Greek Hero Portrayed in the Odyssey by Homer
- Homer’s Odyssey, and What It Tells Us About Greek Culture and Women
- Conflict Between Gods and Humans in Gilgamesh and the Odyssey
- The Unselfishness, Faithfulness, and Intelligence of an Effective Leader in the Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Dutiful Men and Their Emotional Women in the Odyssey and Aeneid
- The Different Plots and Twists in the Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Moral and Ethical Principles Learned From the Odyssey
- The Cunning and Deceitful Women of Homer’s Odyssey
- Odysseus Cannot Return Home in Homer’s Odyssey
- The Struggle and Search for Happiness and Love in “Odyssey” by Homer
- Minor Characters Which Shift the Plot of Odyssey by Homer
- Relationships Between Gods and Mortals as Demonstrated in the Odyssey
- Divine Intervention Dealing With Greek Myths, Especially the Odyssey and the Iliad
- The Odyssey: Thesis Paper on Men’s Lust for Power
- The Greek and Roman Literatures and Mythology of the Odyssey
- God and Goddess Characters in the Odyssey
- Relationship Between the Goddess Athena and Odysseus in “The Odyssey”
- The Virtues and Vices Displayed in the Epic, the Odyssey
- Divine Intervention: Odyssey, Oedipus the King, and Aeneid
- Ancient Greek Civilization Aspects Glimpsed in “The Odyssey” by Homer
- Signs, Omens, and Predictions in the Odyssey
- The Powerful Women and Their Influence in the Odyssey
- Free Memory and Forgetting in the Odyssey
- The Selfish and Blameful Character of Odysseus’ Son, Telemachus in Homer’s The Odyssey
- Greek Life and Culture of the Iliad and the Odyssey
- The Guest Host Relationship in the Odyssey
- Destiny, Fate, and Free Will in Homer’s Odyssey
- Odysseus and His Personal Growth Throughout the Odyssey
- The Literary Techniques Used by Homer in the Odyssey
- People From Greece Worshipped Gods for Advice and Guidance in the Odyssey
- The Father and Son Relationship in Odyssey, a Poem by Homer
- Greek and Roman Culture in Homer’s Odyssey and Virgil’s Aeneid
- The True Greek Hero Odysseys Portrayed in the Odyssey by Homer
- Athene’s Physical and Mental Aids to Odysseus in the Odyssey
- Title generator for research paper
- Research question tool
Cite this post
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
StudyCorgi. (2022, September 5). 99 Odyssey Essay Topics. Retrieved from https://studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/
StudyCorgi. (2022, September 5). 99 Odyssey Essay Topics. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/
"99 Odyssey Essay Topics." StudyCorgi , 5 Sept. 2022, studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/.
1. StudyCorgi . "99 Odyssey Essay Topics." September 5, 2022. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . "99 Odyssey Essay Topics." September 5, 2022. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . 2022. "99 Odyssey Essay Topics." September 5, 2022. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/odyssey-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . (2022) '99 Odyssey Essay Topics'. 5 September.
Home — Essay Samples — Literature — Greek Mythology — Odysseus
Essays on Odysseus
Is odysseus a hero: main character of homer’s epic poem, how odysseus proves to be a hero in the odyssey, perfectly written custom essays as fast as you need them.
Our Experienced Professionals Write Custom Essays According to Your Instructions
An Analysis of The Journey of Odysseus
The odyssey: odysseus as the archetypal trickster , from greeks to the outside world: the experience of odysseus's journey, characterization of odysseus in homer's the odyssey, get your personalized essay in 3 hours or less.
Experienced Professionals Write Your Articles Perfectly
The Odyssey: Epic Hero Or Epic Homecoming
Analysis of the political motivations in the odyssey, a discussion of whether odysseus is a hero, the biblical point of view on joseph and odysseus, fast and efficient: custom essays made just for you in 3 hours.
Expert Writers Produce Unique Essays About Anything You Need
Analysis of Strengths and Weaknesses of Odysseus
A study of the different influences in the character of odysseus, analysis of odysseus as a good leader, odysseus and gawain: quest narratives and the concept of guilt, odysseus’ struggle with coming to terms with the death of his friends and family, a study of the characters odysseus and poseidon as depicted in homer's odyssey, strengths and weaknesses of odysseus, odysseus' journey across time from dante and tennyson's perspective, odysseus: an epic hero and a timeless character, the gods of ancient greek lives, what characteristics make odysseus a hero, a study of the friendship between odysseus and athena, why achilles and odysseus can be considered heroes, review of book the odyssey by homer, odysseus – a perfect example of an epic hero, analysis of odysseus' storytelling in the odyssey, themes of boundaries, traveling and migrating in ancient literature, odysseus: past leader and pioneer of the present era, unique content for your essay in 3 hours or less.
Have Experienced Writers Writing For You
Female Characters Subverted by Men in The Odyssey
Analysis of travels of people from the past on the example of ancient literature works.
Top 10 Similar Topics
- Daedalus and Icarus
- Epic of Gilgamesh
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
Or Create an account
Lost password enter your email address:.
- Books & Authors
- Drawing & Illustration
- Fashion & Accessories
- Other - Beauty & Style
- Financial Services
- Law & Legal
- Other - Business & Finance
- Other - Careers & Employment
- Personal Finance
- Renting & Real Estate
- Small Business
- Car Audio
- Insurance & Registration
- Other - Cars & Transportation
- Computer Networking
- Laptops & Notebooks
- Other - Computers
- Other - Hardware
- Other - Internet
- Programming & Design
- Cell Phones & Plans
- Home Theater
- Land Phones
- Mobile Phones & Plans
- Music & Music Players
- Nintendo Wii
- Other - Electronics
- PDAs & Handhelds
- TiVO & DVRs
- Financial Aid
- Higher Education (University +)
- Homework Help
- Other - Education
- Primary & Secondary Education
- Words & Wordplay
- Comics & Animation
- Jokes & Riddles
- Other - Entertainment
- Other - Music
- Polls & Surveys
- Marriage & Divorce
- Other - Family & Relationships
- Singles & Dating
- Other - Food & Drink
- Other - Games & Recreation
- Video & Online Games
- Diet & Fitness
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Law & Ethics
- Law Enforcement & Police
- Other - Society & Culture
- Religion & Spirituality
- Other - Destinations
- Other - India
- Saudi Arabia
- United States
- Https://www.studymode.com/essays/match-point-1668301.htmlneed this essay anyone have an account for this?
- How can i write good essays? i have problems to find accurate information?
- Can i write essays on my blackberry?
- Can you write essays on the ipad?
- Write a narrative essays on the following question?
- How to write better essays in english with no prior knowledge about the topic?
- What is a good title for an essay about the odyssey and the journey?
- A good, gripping title for an essay about the odyssey and how athena is the true hero?
- How to write an essay how to write an essay on my novel and i could not find anything relevant to it?
- What is the important fact to write a college essay?
- How do u write 31.9% when writing an essay?
- I have to write a 6000 word essay regarding the diversified evolution of housing scheme . what are the references i can refer to do the essay?
- I have a homework that is write a letter to invite an important guest to a sports event or a concert?
- What is the important matter to write a thesis?
- I would like to know how i can improve on my essy writing skills, and i`d also like to know if there are any sites where i can post my essays to ma...
- I need to figure out the best tablet to buy for me for college one i can video chat with write essays take notes and listen to music and movies i ...
- Sample essays for argumentative essays?
- Is there anyone who needs help with their assignment or homework or essays? reach me out through: www.assignmentgiant.comthank you?
- I want to learn phrasal verbs, applivations,letters,essays?
- I want to do jobs like any type of writing, essays, poems, writing articles?
- How do you write a page long descriptive writing essay about a person?
- How to write a good persuasive essay?
- How to write a letter to an extremely strict english teacher for not writing an essay?
- Whats the best way to write a short essay?
- How to write a good essay paragraph and letter?
- What are some good techniques to write a college application essay?
- I want to write a essay describing my friend his interest his liking and his goal like that please write a sample and please help me?
- I need to do a homework :3 an essay writing and i need help :)?
- Part -a write an essay on the role of labour saving equipment in commercial kitchens. your essay should address the overview of labour saving equipmen
- Greetings.my teacher asked me to write some essay about world war ii. i don`t know the world history well so i`m going to use custom writing?
- What is the difference between an abstract and introduction in an essay, especially when writing an essay about african renaissance, in architecture?
- What is the important fact writing an essay?
- Could i have some nice clever sentence for my weekly sales to my boss , i do not know what to write?
- What are cute clever things to write about yourself?
- What is the best idea to write a term paper?
- Is citation important for paraphrasing? i am writing a term paper. do i have to cite for each sentence that i paraphrase?
- Write about your unique characteristics, the most important things in your life like your aspirations, interests, things you like to do, places you li
- How to write a letter to school principal for monthly payment of my son`s fees is much easier for me than quarterly basis? read more: how to write...
- Have to do an essay but i need ideas... as i was browsing, i`ve seen it, so i`am asking u the question ??! can you help me with my essay writing pl...
- Can someone help me write my dbq essay?
- Write me an essay for election?
- Can you write an essay on an ipad?
- How to write an personal essay?
- How to write an expository essay?
- How can i write a best kind of essay?
- How to write essay nicely and not very bad?
- How to write an complete essay?
- How to write an essay in 5 hours?
- What to write in a debutante essay?
Clever title for a persuasive essay about the true hero in the odyssey?
- How will we write a perfect essay?
- Who can help me with my essay? i`m so tired and don`t know what to write?
- How to write an essay when you have a disorder?
- How do you write argumentive essay?
- How to write a climate change essay?
- you`ve settled on an idea for an essay to write. what should you do next?
A title using a semicolon for the Odyssey about uncivilized and barbaric societies Odysseus traveled to?
- Write an essay about making choices?
- How can i write a classification essay ?any hints about it?
- How to write an essay on preparation of exams?
- How to write a introduction about greed in an essay?
- Do u have to write an essay ??? geez ... won`t take my ? .. says its too short?
- Need to write an essay in a political economic?
Creative/Clever essay titles about The Odyssey and Greek values, such as hospitality?
- How can i write a character sketch essay?
- How can you write what you have lost in essay form?
- I have to write a essay on what kind shape i want to be?
- What is the best and unique theme to write an essay?
- Write an essay on the role of art in our life?
- How do i write a definition essay on compassion?
Is Odysseus a brave and a good leader?
- Write a letter to your principal requesting him to grant you one week as you are getting prepared for a trekking competition.you need to write only th
- I was absent in mid term exam. now i want to replace paper with assignment. how to write an application?
- Hey,,, i want to knw how to write a very nice letter to prime minister for requesting to look into the matter of unemployment of nation?
- i don`t know to write email and i want to learn business writing skills?
- How can i write a nice writing about living in london or newyork?
- Can you explain the process that https uses on a linux server with apache 2.x, and how i can create a web page that uses https?
What is a good title about an essay about the similarities and differences between the Odyssey and Gilgamesh?
- How to write an essay in a paragraph formplease help me?
- What can i write about for my history heritage essay?
- Write an essay about the role of students in politics?
- I need to write an essay about animal-assisted therapy. please, help?
- How can i write a short essay on visualize the future?
- I still confused to write definition essay, could you help me to start it off?
I need an essay title on the odyssey about how maybe odysseus wasnt a true hero kind of judging someone by a reputation without having met them. it...
- Hello elders, we are going to conduct various competitions like essay writing, eluctution etc. topic the world we want. suggest me a nice name?
- I need to write an essay on how music touches peoples lives?
- Write an essay onhow does music change lives?
- How i write short essay about difficult decision i had to make?
- Write an essay on plastic is the new and powerful enemy of environment?
- Points to write an essay on.....there is more scope for adventure today?
What title should i use for my essay?
- Write an essay on tolic given ` my favourite teacher` in marathi language?
- Why does a student could write a proper while answering in a essay based exam?
- What does dual critical lens mean regarding an essay that i need to write for my english class?
- Essay on the topic `write an application to the minister for education for a laptop`?
- Write an essay on music in about 800 to 1000 words class 11 eng assignment?
- Essay about write a letter to the police to inform your wallet has stolen?
What is a clever title on an argumentative essay on whether or not odysseus is a hero?
- When i open a website with https, then the https is crossed out with red colour. what should i do? my os is windows xp?
- I`m working in a hotel, and i lost my master key card. now i need to write this matter to my boss.how can i write this?
- What would you like to ask?i need to apply tatkal passport. i want to write a letter to an ias. suggest how write the matter in a respected manner, pl
- I was scammed by a paper writing service! where can i write my review?
- How to write letter joint account signature issue. that second party in other country. pls send me the matter how to write?
- Https crossed out in red in chrome and all other https sites?
Or use an existing account
Like us to stay up to date with the AskMeFast community and connect with other members.
You must be logged in to perform this action. Please login or register a new account.
Create an account
The Odyssey: Essay Topics & Samples
Are you studying Homer’s Odyssey and need to write a paper on it? Are you lost in the vast diversity of themes the poem is covering? Or maybe you are searching for prompts or examples of Odyssey essay?
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
Lucky you! We can help you with everything!
Our team created the list of successful Odyssey essay topics for you. Moreover, we can offer you insightful prompts and useful examples to help you compose an outstanding paper.
So, look through our page and pick up the most valuable ideas for you. Your writing process will definitely become more pleasurable with our The Odyssey essay prompts.
- Why is Odysseus a true epic hero? Analyze Odysseus ’ personality. What character traits of the King of Ithaca determine him as an epic hero? In your essay, explain why Odysseus remains one of the most widely-discussed heroes for several thousands of years already.
- Homeric similes in The Odyssey . Define the term Homeric simile and provide examples from The Odyssey book. What was the reason for using these similes? Elaborate on the role of similies in the text. How do Homeric similes differ from the ones we use in regular communication?
- The role of women in The Odyssey . Analyze the behavior of all the women Odysseus met throughout his journey to Ithaca. What role did the women play in Odysseus’ fate? Compare and contrast Penelope and Athena . Why was Penelope remaining faithful to her husband for 20 years, waiting for him? Why did Athena help Odysseus to overcome the obstacles on his journey? Include appropriate quotes and examples in your essay.
- What lessons can the readers learn from Odysseus’ journey? The main character’s trip to Ithaca is full of adventures . Based on your observations, explain what useful knowledge the poem delivers to the readers. Don’t forget to include appropriate quotes and convincing arguments to make your essay more impressive.
- The theme of loyalty in The Odyssey . Compare and contrast the perception of faithfulness by Penelope and Odysseus. Why did Penelope remain dedicated entirely to her husband? How did Odysseys prove the faithfulness to his wife? Explain why the readers consider Odysseus loyal, even though he did not demonstrate loyalty in sexual relationships.
- The Illiad and The Odyssey are two interconnected Homer’s books. How are the two books linked ? Prove the significance of exploring The Odyssey alongside The Illiad and vice versa. How do these books can help in learning ancient Greek history? Support your arguments with appropriate evidence to make your essay more convincing.
- The secret of The Odyssey book popularity. Being written in approximately 7th century BC, The Odyssey remains a widely-discussed poem. In your opinion, what secret lies behind the book’s recognition? Is it an amazing plot? Or the relevance of the discussed themes? Or maybe the professionalism of the author that attracts the readers’ attention? Prove your position by providing appropriate arguments and supportive details.
- The development of Telemachos’ personality throughout the story. Analyze how Telemachos turn from an immature boy into a strong and independent man throughout the book. What circumstances played a crucial role in his establishment as a prince of Ithaca? Compare and contrast Telemachos’ character at the beginning of The Odyssey book and the end.
- The Odyssey is a door to the world of ancient Greek culture. How does the book may help investigate the world order of ancient Greece? Comment on how does the phenomenon of Greek hospitality is enlightened in the poem. What do the readers learn about Greek mythology from The Odyssey ? Highlight the significance of the epic to contemporary readers.
- The symbols as a crucial part of The Odyssey. Homer impresses the readers with a wide diversity of symbols represented in the poem. Pick up three of them. For example, the sea, Odysseus’ bow, and Laertes’ shroud. What do these symbols reflect? How do the symbols help to follow the hidden context Homer managed to write for The Odyssey ?
Willing to create your outstanding essay, but inspiration left you in such a vital moment? No worries! We know how to help you. Take a look at our essay samples, get inspired, and compose your paper.
- Five Priorities for Wisest Life: “The Odyssey” by Homer The Odyssey , commonly dated to 800 BC, explores a variety of themes relevant to the modern reader. Wondering what they are? Take a look at the sample and learn some valuable lessons from such an old book.
- The Aeneid, the Iliad and the Odyssey Literature Comparison The Aeneid, The Iliad, and The Odyssey are three iconic pieces of literature. Do you need to investigate what do they have in common? Or maybe you are looking for the differences between the books? Read this essay and find answers to all of your questions!
- The Hero’s Journey: The Odyssey and Gilgamesh Comparison The conventional journey of the epic hero remains one of the most captivating stories in civilization. The Odyssey, The Iliad , and The Epic of Gilgamesh present different heroes who encounter similar obstacles during their adventures. This essay compares and contrasts these poems in terms of plot and characters.
- Odysseus and Maximus: Heroes Comparison Contemporary literature presents readers with such prominent heroes as Odysseus and Maximus. The paper demonstrates the differences and similarities between the characters. Additionally, it argues that Maximus is a greater hero and provides evidence.
- Homer’s Penelope in “The Odyssey” An example of ultimate loyalty, infinite love, and unquestionable wisdom – that’s all about Penelope. Check out this essay to learn more about Odusseus’ wife. Explore her personality and unveil the secret of her dedication to her husband.
- Relationship between Gods and Humans in The Odyssey How does the divine world intersect with the real one in The Odyssey ? How do Gods treat people? This essay will elaborate on the relationships between Gods and people in the epic poem. Explore the complexity of the interactions between mortal and immortal creatures in the book.
- What Do Monsters Represent in The Odyssey? The variety of characters in The Odyssey won’t leave any reader indifferent. Apart from people and Gods, Homer masterfully introduces monsters in his book. Read this paper to figure out what each creature represents in the epic poem. Learn how Odysseus battles against them to refresh spiritually.
- Penelope and Weaving in Homer’s “The Odyssey” This essay explores the woman’s role in society. Analyze Penelope’s virtues that make her an outstanding character with the author. Check how her intelligence and loyalty make her a perfect queen and wife for Odysseus.
- Character Comparison: “Odyssey”, “Scarlett Latter,” “Troy,” “Hamlet” Wondering what these masterpieces of world literature and cinematography have in common? The author of the essay has the answer. The characters of each piece of art vividly represent basic human qualities throughout history. Read this essay to understand what we mean.
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Recommended for You
The Odyssey: Themes
Homer’s Oddysey is an iconic ancient Greek epic poem that remains popular even nowadays. The enormous success of this literature piece can be explained by the numerous issues raised in the poem. The themes of The Odyssey impress with their diversity and pertinence. What is the theme of The Odyssey?...
The Odyssey: Characters
To analyze the characters in The Odyssey, one has to understand their purpose. The majority of them are not fleshed out or multifaceted, except for Odysseus, his wife, and son. The rest of The Odyssey characters are either an obstacle or an assistant for the hero of the story. That...
The Odyssey: Summary & Analysis
Welcome to Homer’s Odyssey summary! The epic poem tells the story of the courageous and witty warrior Odysseus. Being separated from his family because of the Trojan War, he desperately tries to get to Ithaca, his homeland. However, the task of reaching home becomes more difficult than he expected. It...
Hamlet Essay Topics & Samples
It can be argued that William Shakespeare’s Hamlet is the most significant play ever written and performed. It is much more than just a play about revenge as it deals with universal philosophical questions. Life and death, love and betrayal, friends, and woes are all explored through the mind of...
There are several symbols in Hamlet that are crucial for understanding the underlying message of the play. They provide a more in-depth look into the characters’ minds, illustrating their emotions and sufferings. Besides, symbols and imagery reveal how the inner turmoils affect the world around. So, examine the symbolism in...
Hamlet’s themes are crucial to see through if you wish to understand what the author tried to say. Famous works of William Shakespeare are staged even today, centuries after being written. They remain relatable and influential, regardless of period. The themes in Hamlet are one of the primary reasons why,...
- My Preferences
- My Reading List
- The Odyssey
- Literature Notes
- Essay Questions
- The Odyssey at a Glance
- Poem Summary
- About The Odyssey
- Character List
- Summary and Analysis
- Books 13-14
- Books 15-16
- Character Analysis
- Athena (Pallas)
- Polyphemus (the Cyclops) and King Alcinous
- Circe and Calypso
- Character Map
- Homer Biography
- Critical Essays
- Major Themes in The Odyssey
- Major Symbols in The Odyssey
- Literary Devices of The Odyssey
- Famous Quotes from Homer's The Odyssey
- Film Versions of Homer's The Odyssey
- Full Glossary for The Odyssey
- Practice Projects
- Cite this Literature Note
Study Help Essay Questions
1. The Telemachus subplot is a traditional coming-of-age story. What standard elements does this subplot share with other coming-of-age stories? Why and in what way does the prince change?
2 . Consider two of the following as symbols — Odysseus' great bow, the shroud that Penelope weaves for Laertes, the island of Ithaca, or the sea itself — and explain their significance in the story.
3. How does the theme of vengeance work in the epic? Approach it from the points of view of Telemachus and Poseidon, as well as Odysseus.
4. Who is your favorite female character and why? Consider immortals as well as mortals.
5. A major theme in The Odyssey is reciprocity: people getting what they deserve. Explain how this theme affects the main characters: Odysseus, Penelope, Antinous, Telemachus.
6. The Odyssey contains certain literary devices common to primary epics. List these devices and explain their purpose. If you could change one of Homer's techniques in telling the story, what would it be? Why?
7. As an epic hero, Odysseus possesses many exemplary qualities. List and explain how they benefit him. What are his less admirable characteristics and how do these qualities cause him harm?
8. Compare and contrast the society of the Phaeacians with the lifestyle of the Cyclops and explain how these two societies represent the theme of hospitality. Then discuss the significance of hospitality to Homeric Greeks.
Previous Full Glossary for The Odyssey
Next Practice Projects
has been added to your
Removing #book# from your Reading List will also remove any bookmarked pages associated with this title.
Are you sure you want to remove #bookConfirmation# and any corresponding bookmarks?
“Absolutely,” “Through and Through,” “Constant Covenant” and “Standing in the Darkest Hour” are all titles that would be appropriate for an essay about loyalty. “Faithfulness and Sincerity,” “When I’m Needed” and “However Long it Takes” are...
A “who am I” essay is a simple type of open-ended introductory essay. It is used in certain schools, workplaces and around the world to help members of a group introduce themselves through their writing. They are generally about a page long...
A literary essay is a short, non-fiction composition that covers virtually any literary topic imaginable. Many modern literary essays are quite long with thousands of words.
The Odyssey Research Paper Titles · The role of women in The Odyssey and Ancient Greece. · Exploring the ideas of loyalty through Odysseus'
Best Odysseus Topic Ideas & Essay Examples · Simple & Easy Odysseus Essay Titles · Good Essay Topics on Odysseus · Free Odysseus Essay
View and download the odyssey essays examples. Also discover topics, titles, outlines, thesis statements, and conclusions for your the odyssey essay.
Best Essay Topics on Odyssey · The Aeneid, the Iliad and the Odyssey Literature Comparison · Five Priorities for Wisest Life: “The Odyssey” by
If you fit this description, you can use our free essay samples to generate ideas, get inspired and figure out a title or outline for your paper. About Us · Our
20 More Good Essay Topics for The Odyssey · The role of the gods in The Odyssey. · The theme of hospitality in The Odyssey. · The importance of
Since he is the Legendary Greek King and also a hero you can use his Name "Odysseus" because of the things that he had done on trojan war. source: What is a
and son pairs in the epic (Odysseus and Telemachus, Laertes and Odysseus
Your writing process will definitely become more pleasurable with our The Odyssey essay prompts. Essay Topics. Why is Odysseus a true epic hero?
We offer you the ability to read the article below and choose one of the Odyssey essay topics in order to write an outstanding paper.
Explain how this theme affects the main characters: Odysseus, Penelope, Antinous, Telemachus. 6. The Odyssey contains certain literary devices common to primary