100+ Informative Essay Topics for Top Students
What is an informative essay .
As this task is encountered even among middle school students these days, it is basically a creative assignment that includes writing, correct structuring, researching, and even analysis as it is being written. In simple terms, it stands for a type of paper where your purpose is to tell your target audience about something. It can be an object, some personality, an event, or a phenomenon like northern lights.
You have to collect as much information dealing with your topic as you can. Therefore, finding informative topics to write about often becomes challenging as things must be narrowed down. You have to explain how something works or why it happens. The younger students may have to discuss something with a teacher first while college students will have to start with independent research and provide good sources to support their findings.
How To Choose Informative Essay Topics?
This part can easily seem difficult, especially if you have never dealt with choosing a subject for your informative essay. You should not let it frighten you as there are several things to follow:
- Keep your topic narrowed down to address only one issue.
- Your tone must be explanatory as you have to explain how something works.
- Focus on processes or the cause-and-effect aspect if it is applicable.
- Keep things inspiring and provide interesting information.
- Topics for informative writing must have a good structure with an introduction, thesis, and conclusion that sums things up.
- Provide sources to support information.
- Informative essays must have zero bias as your task is to provide information.
Remember to double-check your grading rubric to ensure that every minor rule is followed!
Good Informative Essay Topics
When you are starting with informative essay ideas, it is important to narrow things down and provide all the necessary sources for ideas that are not originally yours. Even if you talk about baking bread or discuss yoga practices in Thailand, you may still require an essay plagiarism fixer to get things right as you must include your sources in the final paper bibliography. Of course, things become much easier when you have good examples. Keeping the possible challenges in time, we provide you with various categories based on academic level and complexity to help you get into creative mode!
- Informative Essay Topics For Middle School
Without a doubt, middle school is the best place and time to get creative. The trick here is to be a great narrator who can explain something by offering examples. For example, you can talk about your experience at summer camp and tell about what you have learned. You can generalize your impressions and tell about why it is important and how it can be helpful for others.
- The role of water in our lives.
- The challenges of raising a well-behaved dog.
- What does it mean to be popular in middle school?
- The dangers of cyberbullying and the ways to prevent it.
- How can scouting help us become more responsible?
- The reasons why smoking is bad.
- Learning financial security must be taught in schools.
- How to overcome a heartbreak when you are a student?
- My first trip abroad.
- Why telling the truth is something we must learn.
- How to take care of younger siblings?
- Why learning history is important.
- The importance of reading helps us to write better.
- The role of children in politics.
- School safety and karate classes.
- The pros and cons of playing video games.
- The Irish heritage among American students.
- Why learning STEM subjects is important.
- How to manage homework stress.
- The easy way to serve yourself a breakfast.
- Informative Essay Topics For High School
As a rule, high school will deal with more important topics that are more serious and will require doing some research. You can talk about social issues or volunteering, the dangers of video games, or bullying. Your purpose is to inform others about some issues that can be explored and discussed with your teacher and the other students.
Here are informative essay topics to consider that will work well:
- Why TV shows for teens is not always a good influence.
- Playing sports as a high-school student: the challenges.
- The role of online volunteering for students.
- Dealing with a mental breakdown.
- How to help friends with learning disabilities cope.
- The pros and cons of modern Instagram influencers.
- The importance of education in our lives.
- Video games: how to talk to your parents.
- Obesity and high school lunches: the evidence.
- How to make friends when you are a high-school freshman.
- Why listening to music can help you to cope with your homework.
- The role of team projects at schools.
- The best ways to overcome the fear of school presentations.
- The history of the Black Lives Matter social movement.
- The role of George W. Bush in foreign politics of the United States.
- The importance of pet shelters.
- My first trip to the mosque / orthodoxal church (fit anything that fits).
- The culture and traditions of the American Indians.
- The basics of gender equality in our society.
- How to dress well and impress your friends as a high school student.
- Informative Essay Topics For College
The majority of college students get their share of informative essays, which is why it is essential to narrow things down as you choose a competitive topic. Remember to provide sources if you use any information that has been quoted or an idea that is not yours. It will help you to avoid plagiarism while keeping things reliable regardless of informative writing topics that will always deal with some sort of external information.
- Dealing with college debt.
- The best ways to find a college internship.
- The role of a college mental help center for students with dyslexia.
- The pros and cons of community colleges today.
- Why being an exchange student can widen your horizons.
- The benefits of publishing your research college paper.
- How to fight procrastination when you are at college.
- The challenges of college athletes and academic excellence.
- Why is college social work becoming more important than ever?
- How to say “no” to binge drinking when you are a college student?
- Reporting abuse on behalf of teachers: things you must know.
- The best ways to learn how to wash your clothes correctly.
- The ways to solve conflicts with your siblings.
- Why you should start saving for college.
- The importance of learning a foreign language while at college.
- How to avoid plagiarism in your research paper.
- Romantic relationships among college students.
- Tech startups for college students: pros and cons.
- Study and travel: why it is becoming even more popular.
- Evolution of rock (or any other style) music culture.
- Interesting Informative Essay Topics
Remember that informative essay topics must be interesting and inspiring. Below are twenty great ideas to keep your creativity up and running:
- The history of yoga and meditation.
- The cultural background of Mardi Gras.
- Things we did not know about Native American Culture.
- How to survive in the wilderness.
- The benefits of being a vegetarian.
- The role of love and affection among dogs.
- Why do Indians believe in after-life?
- Why do people see the light when in a coma?
- PTSD and brain processing of information.
- The role of mills in the Netherlands and their protective functions.
- The history of Mafia and the most common myths.
- The heritage of English etiquette traditions.
- Why is France considered the homeland of the fashion industry?
- The sanitary conditions in the Middle Ages.
- The definition of friendship in different cultures.
- The Middle Eastern trading traditions and the markets.
- The most common misconceptions about video games.
- The reasons why younger children learn foreign languages easier.
- Flemish traditions and their influence on the world of arts.
- Popularity and loneliness on social media.
- Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
The trick with topics for informative essays that deal with some process is to describe some routine by providing as much information as you can. For example, you can tell how to feed a baby with the bottle or talk about how to install Windows. Almost any topic will fit here as long as it includes and describes some process!
- How to cook a delicious meal for your significant other.
- The safety behavior rules when dealing with a malfunctioning electric device.
- Manufacturing of lycra clothes.
- Installing an average app on your smartphone: the things to know.
- Working with a telescope: basic safety rules.
- Setting up the tent in the wilderness.
- Sanitary standards during Covid-19 times.
- Preparation for a college video conference.
- Dealing with a wound: emergency instructions.
- Substance abuse: reporting the trouble.
- Hairdressing and fashion standards.
- Creating a successful resume at LinkedIn.
- Feeding an infant.
- Creating a nursing reflection journal.
- Setting up your profile on Face book.
- Woodcutting and the use of traditional tools.
- Renting a room as a college student.
- Protecting international property online: things to know.
- Cooking seafood: the rules to remember.
- Driving a car for the first time.
- Easy Informative Essay Topics
Here are some easy topics that are mostly entertaining and will appeal to the younger generation as this kind of exploration will be interesting. Remember to get your facts and citations first as it will help to save some precious time and outline things in a better way.
- The secrets in how music DJs work.
- The history of Korean pop music.
- The technical aspect of the Star Wars saga.
- The history of Bollywood.
- The benefits of studying at MIT.
- How to choose your first guitar.
- The truth about fast-food restaurants: bias or truth?
- The differences between Republicans and Democrats.
- Dealing with anorexia and social media’s role.
- The history of superstitions regarding black cats.
- The most common objectives of left-wing activists.
- The biography and cultural significance of the Beatles.
- The secrets to becoming a successful surfer.
- Steve Jobs: the things he stood for.
- The history of scouting in the United States.
- The benefits of being an exchange student in Southern America.
- The role of herbal medicine in the fashion industry.
- Science fiction and the engineering disciplines’ popularity.
- The health effect of the sauna.
- The explanation of dreams in different religions.
Most importantly, remember that if you are choosing something contradictory and sensitive for your informational essay topics, always show respect and provide information that would either explain or balance the main points.
Getting That Extra Bit of Assistance
Remember that it is only natural to get stuck with your topic as you may not know how to continue with an introduction or believe that your informative essay thesis is too weak. Have no worries as you can always approach college essay help that will not cost a fortune and will follow all the guidelines of your grading rubric. The experts will also help you come up with a great research summary for your assignment or any other task like explanatory writing. Just get in touch and we shall provide you with the most efficient, reliable, and timely solutions!
Order your paper now!
- Criminology Essay Topics
- 100+ Best Exemplification Essay Topics
- Economics Essay Topics
- 110 Great Process Analysis Essay Topics Ideas
- 100+ Greek Mythology Essay Topics Ideas For You
150+ Informative Essay Topics for All Students
What Is an Informative Essay
Have you ever wondered what is an informative essay? Well, wonder no more! An informative essay is a type of academic writing that aims to educate the reader about a particular topic. It's not meant to express opinions or persuade the reader but rather to provide objective information and facts.
Informative essays can cover a wide range of topics, from the history of the Internet to the benefits of meditation. They can also be written in different styles, such as descriptive, compare and contrast, cause and effect, or even narrative.
One of the great things about informative essays is that they can be a fun and interesting way to learn about a new subject. They often require research, meaning you get to explore a topic in-depth and learn things you never knew. And, because they are objective in nature, you can be sure that the information you are getting is accurate and reliable.
If you're looking for informational topics to write about, it's important to remember to keep it factual and unbiased. You want to provide the reader with as much information as possible so they can make their own informed decisions.
In conclusion, an informative essay is a type of academic essay writing that seeks to educate the reader about a particular topic. They can cover a wide range of subjects and be written in different styles. So, if you're looking to learn something new, why not try exploring our topics for informative essays?
Meanwhile, let's find out how to choose the best topics for informative essays in the following section.
How to Choose Informative Essay Topics
Choosing the right informative essay topic is essential for crafting an engaging and insightful piece. The topic should be interesting, relevant, and informative. So, what is the first step to creating an informative essay? Here are five tips from our custom essay writing service for selecting a great topic for an informative essay:
Identify your interests and passions - Start by brainstorming topics that you are passionate about or have a keen interest in. It can be a hobby, a particular field, or something you have experienced personally. Choosing a topic that you are interested in will make it easier to research and write about.
Research current events and trends - Look for current events or trends that are of interest to you. For example, a new technology, a social issue, or a popular cultural phenomenon. These informational paper topics are often popular and relevant, and there will be plenty of information available to write a comprehensive essay.
Consider your audience - Think about who your audience is and what they might be interested in learning about. Consider topics that are relevant to your audience's age group, interests, and needs.
Focus on a specific aspect of a broader topic - Narrow down broad topics to a more specific aspect that you can focus on in your essay. For example, if the broad topic is climate change, you can focus on the impact of climate change on a particular ecosystem or the effect of a specific policy.
Brainstorm with others - Collaborate with others, such as classmates or colleagues, to brainstorm possible informative essay ideas. Discussing with others can help generate new ideas for informative essay and perspectives on the topic.
By following these tips and exploring a variety of the best informative essay topics, you can create an informative essay that not only informs but also entertains and inspires your readers. Remember to stay creative, curious, and open-minded in your topic selection, and you'll be sure to craft an informative essay that stands out.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free :
A list of good informative essay topics.
When it comes to writing an informative essay, the topic is everything. Choosing the right topic can make all the difference in crafting a well-researched and engaging piece. However, with so many options out there, it can be challenging to know where to begin. In the following paragraphs, we will explore some good topics for informative essays that can inspire and guide you as you choose the perfect topic for your essay.
From current events and social issues to science and technology, these essay topics for students cover a range of subjects and offer endless opportunities for research and exploration. Whether you are looking to educate, persuade, or simply inform your audience, there is sure to be a topic that will capture your interest and engage your readers. So, let's dive into some great informative essay examples and get started on your writing journey!
Easy Informative Essay Topics
These easy, informative essay topics are great starting points for those who want to write a straightforward and informative essay without getting too complicated.
- How to choose the right pet for your lifestyle
- The benefits of regular exercise for overall health and well-being
- The history and origins of popular holidays, such as Halloween or Valentine's Day
- The importance of recycling and reducing waste in daily life
- The process of making homemade soap or candles
- The impact of social media on communication and relationships
- The benefits of a healthy diet and proper nutrition
- The origins and cultural significance of various superstitions
- The history and importance of voting in democratic societies
- The benefits and drawbacks of using ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft
- The process of baking bread from scratch
- The history and impact of video games on culture and society
- The importance of wearing sunscreen and protecting skin from UV rays
- The benefits of meditation and mindfulness for mental health
- The impact of stress on the body and how to manage it effectively
- The process of planting and maintaining a vegetable garden
- The history and significance of famous landmarks, such as the Eiffel Tower or the Great Wall of China
- The impact of music on mood and emotions
- The benefits of learning a second language
- The process of brewing coffee or tea at home.
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School Students
The following informative paper topics are tailored specifically for middle school students and cover a wide range of subjects that are both interesting and relevant to their age group.
- How to save money and manage finances responsibly
- The benefits and drawbacks of technology in the classroom
- The history and significance of the Civil Rights Movement
- The impact of pollution on the environment and human health
- The importance of physical fitness and exercise for children and adolescents
- The process of photosynthesis and its importance in the ecosystem
- The effects of bullying on mental health and well-being
- The importance of good hygiene and handwashing to prevent illness
- The history and significance of the Olympic Games
- The impact of social media on mental health and relationships
- The benefits and drawbacks of homework in education
- The process of creating a healthy meal plan and balanced diet
- The history and cultural significance of different types of music genres
- The effects of video games on brain development and behavior
- The importance of conserving natural resources and protecting the environment
- The history and significance of famous landmarks, such as the Statue of Liberty or the Pyramids of Egypt
- The impact of peer pressure on decision-making and behavior
- The benefits of reading and how to develop good reading habits
- The process of creating a successful science fair project
- The history and impact of famous inventors and their inventions.
Informative Essay Topics for High School Students
Here are some great essay topics for high school students. Our college essay writing service recommends conducting thorough research, providing evidence to support your claims, and presenting your findings in a clear and organized manner.
- The effects of social media on mental health and relationships
- The history and impact of the Civil Rights Movement
- The process of writing a successful college application essay
- The benefits and drawbacks of technology in education
- The effects of climate change on the environment and human health
- The process of starting and managing a small business
- The history and significance of different types of art movements
- The impact of globalization on world economies and cultures
- The importance of financial literacy and money management skills
- The process of creating a successful research paper or project
- The history and significance of famous political movements, such as feminism or the labor movement
- The effects of drug and alcohol abuse on mental and physical health
- The benefits and drawbacks of alternative forms of energy, such as solar or wind power
- The history and cultural significance of different types of literature genres
- The impact of mental illness on individuals and society as a whole
- The process of creating and implementing a successful study plan
- The history and significance of different types of philosophical schools of thought
- The benefits and drawbacks of online learning and virtual classrooms
- The effects of sleep deprivation on mental and physical health
- The process of preparing for and taking the SAT or ACT.
Don't Have the Time or Skills to Write Articles Yourself?
Let our professional writing services do the work for you
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
Here are some informative essay topics for college students that span a wide range of subjects that will help you in your academic and professional endeavors.
- The impact of social media on modern-day communication and relationships
- The history and evolution of the English language
- The benefits and drawbacks of distance learning and online education
- The process of applying for and securing financial aid for college
- The effects of climate change on global health and the environment
- The history and impact of major political ideologies, such as capitalism or socialism
- The benefits and drawbacks of the gig economy and freelance work
- The process of creating and launching a successful startup company
- The impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning on society and the economy
- The process of writing and publishing a successful book or novel
- The effects of the gig economy and freelance work on the job market and labor laws
- The benefits and drawbacks of socialized medicine and universal healthcare
- The impact of the Internet and digital technology on privacy and security
- The process of creating and implementing an effective marketing strategy
- The benefits and drawbacks of renewable energy sources, such as solar or wind power
- The effects of globalization on world economies and cultures
- The process of preparing for and applying to graduate school.
Fun Informative Speech Topics
These fun, informative speech topics are designed to engage and entertain audiences while still providing informative and educational content.
- The history and cultural significance of comic books
- The science behind the perfect cup of coffee
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of diets, such as veganism or keto
- The history and evolution of video games
- The process of making homemade ice cream
- The cultural significance of different types of dance styles
- The benefits and drawbacks of meditation and mindfulness practices
- The history and cultural significance of memes
- The process of creating and launching a successful YouTube channel
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of exercise regimens, such as CrossFit or Pilates
- The history and cultural significance of street art and graffiti
- The process of creating and publishing a successful podcast
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of travel accommodations, such as hotels or Airbnb
- The history and cultural significance of hip hop music and culture
- The process of creating and performing stand-up comedy
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of social media platforms, such as Instagram or Twitter
- The history and cultural significance of tattoos and body art
- The process of creating and launching a successful fashion brand
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of outdoor activities, such as hiking or rock climbing
- The history and cultural significance of the LGBTQ+ community and movements.
Creative Informative Speech Topics
These creative essay topics are designed to spark curiosity and interest in unique and unconventional subjects.
- The science behind lucid dreaming and how to achieve it
- The history and cultural significance of circus arts
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative medicine, such as acupuncture or aromatherapy
- The history and cultural significance of magic and illusions
- The process of creating and launching a successful mobile app
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative transportation, such as bicycles or electric cars
- The history and cultural significance of drag culture and performance
- The process of creating and performing spoken word poetry
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative energy sources, such as geothermal or hydroelectric power
- The history and cultural significance of tarot and divination
- The process of creating and launching a successful e-commerce business
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative education, such as homeschooling or unschooling
- The history and cultural significance of burlesque and cabaret performance
- The process of creating and publishing a successful webcomic
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative housing, such as tiny homes or Earthships
- The history and cultural significance of drag racing and motorsports
- The process of creating and performing improv comedy
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of alternative farming, such as aquaponics or permaculture
- The history and cultural significance of puppetry and marionettes
- The process of creating and launching a successful food truck business.
Extra Ideas for Informative Essay
These unique ideas cover various informative writing topics that can appeal to various interests and tastes.
- The challenges and opportunities of sustainable development in third world countries.
- The history and cultural significance of street food around the world
- The history and cultural significance of folk music around the world
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports supplements
- The impact of technology on education and learning
- The process of creating and publishing a successful graphic novel
- The history and cultural significance of drag queens and drag culture
- The impact of social media on politics and elections
- The history and cultural significance of punk rock music
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of home automation technology
- The impact of artificial intelligence on the job market
- The history and cultural significance of Japanese anime and manga
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of vegetarian diets
- The impact of technology on personal privacy
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of dating apps
- The impact of social media on body image and self-esteem
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of online shopping platforms
- The impact of technology on the music industry
- The history and cultural significance of modern art movements.
- Positive and negative effects of working from home
Informational Paper Topics about Sports
These informative essay topic ideas cover a broad range of sports-related subjects that can be explored in an informative paper.
- The psychological benefits of exercise for mental health
- The history and evolution of basketball
- The impact of sports on child development and education
- The history and evolution of football
- The impact of technology on sports performance and training
- The history and evolution of soccer
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports drinks
- The impact of social media on sports and athletes
- The history and evolution of baseball
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports equipment
- The impact of sports on community development and social cohesion
- The history and evolution of tennis
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports injuries and treatments
- The impact of sports on tourism and local economies
- The history and evolution of gymnastics
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports psychology techniques
- The impact of sports on gender and identity
- The history and evolution of the Olympic games
- The benefits and drawbacks of different types of sports performance-enhancing drugs.
The Final Thoughts
In conclusion, selecting a topic for an informative essay can be challenging, but choosing a subject that is engaging, informative, and relevant to the target audience is crucial. Whether you are writing for high school, college, or professional audiences, there are endless possibilities for informative essay topics. Now that you understand what is the purpose of an informative essay, you must know that the key is to identify a topic you are passionate about, conduct thorough research, and present your findings in a clear and organized manner.
Meanwhile, you can always get top-notch papers from our team of experienced writers. You can even do math homework of any degree of complexity using our paper writing platform!
We can help you edit your draft or write an essay from scratch. With us, you can get quick help on any subject. Whether it’s an informative or persuasive essay — count on us to handle any paper writing task.
Looking for a High-quality Informative Essay Paper?
Look no further than our professional writing services
Informative Essay Topics
Good Informative Essay Topics to Impress Everyone
17 min read
Published on: Mar 22, 2023
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Writing a good informative essay depends on how strong the topic is. If your informative essay topic is interesting, the audience will be intrigued to read the essay.
Deciding on the topic can be daunting for students. No matter which field or academic level you belong to, you have to put effort into coming up with a topic.
For that, MyPerfectWords.com has a list of informative essay topics to help get you started.
This blog takes a look at some of the best informative essay topic ideas. It will also provide tips on how to write an effective Informative essay.
Whether you choose one of the topics from our list or come up with your own, these tips will help ensure that your essay is informative and well-written.
So, without further ado, let's get started.
How to Choose Good Informative Essay Topics?
Choosing an informative topic doesn’t really involve an official procedure. But there are some steps that professional essay writers take to make the paper writing process easier.
Writing an informative essay aims to educate the audience about the topic so that every aspect is covered in detail. So while choosing a topic, ensure that it should be in-depth and useful for the audience.
If you are finding it hard to choose topics for an informative essay, follow the below-given steps.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job
1. Brainstorm Ideas
The first step that a writer takes to decide a topic is to brainstorm ideas. If your instructor does not assign you a topic, think of interesting ideas. The best trick is to analyze your passions and see what you are interested in telling the audience about.
Another way is to pick something relevant to your field. For example, if you are a science student, you can search for interesting discoveries or theories to write your informative essay.
2. Identify the Audience
Determining the audience can help select the topic as well. When you know who you are writing for and what they expect from the essay. It gets easier to select a topic idea.
For example, if your audience is your instructor, impress him by choosing theories and other discoveries related to their field.
3. Search for Credible Sources
Thinking of a good topic is not enough if you lack credible sources of information. Therefore, when gathering information on the topic, the sources used should be credible and authentic. Informative essays are based on facts and objective data, so the sources should be reliable.
If you fail to find these sources for your topic, reconsider the topic idea.
4. Form a Strong Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is directly related to the topic as well. It is a stance that a writer takes to discuss the topic, and the whole essay content will revolve around it. A strong essay topic will help the writer develop a good thesis statement as well.
5. Finalize the Topic
Passing your raw idea from the above filters will help you finalize the topic. The end product that you will receive will be the ideal and the best topic. With this, you can begin writing your informative paper.
Informative Essay Topics for Primary School Students
Below we have gathered a list of easy informative essay topics for primary school students to develop the best content.
Informative Essay Topics for 3rd Grade
- What are emotional support animals?
- Discuss the significance of wearing a uniform
- What is the significance of taking minerals and nutrition in your diet?
- What is the impact of gun control on minds?
- How to weave a carpet?
- How to read the map?
- How to solve your maths paper?
- Discuss the history and evolution of video games
- How to find a good roommate?
- Discuss a trip to Paris
Informative Essay Topics for 5th Grade
- How to train your dog?
- Discuss Darwin’s Theory of Evolution
- Discuss different cultures of the world
- Explain the Taboos in Africa
- Evaluate the education system of the United States
- How to overcome phobias?
- How to become a billionaire?
- How to throw a surprise party?
- What are the causes and effects of World War II?
- How to control bullying?
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School Students
Here are some essay topics for middle school students to get a better idea.
Informative Essay Topics for 6th Grade
- How technology influences the global economy?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of technology?
- What is the significance of sex education in schools?
- Discuss Mercy killing in different countries of the world
- Discuss the Racism in the United States
- How does a personal computer function?
- What are the advantages of being a nuclear power?
- How to write a lab report?
- What is the importance of oxygen?
- Why are cheetahs going extinct?
Informative Essay Topics for 7th Grade
- Discuss the concept of Vegetarianism
- What is domestic violence?
- How is making tattoos interesting?
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of plastic surgery
- Is organ donation legal?
- Describe the importance of a Balanced diet
- Discuss Homosexuality and its effects on society
- What are gambling and its results?
- Discuss the negative consequences of drinking
- How is water pollution affecting the environment?
Informative Essay Topics for 8th Grade
- Discuss the Theory of relativity
- What are the causes and effects of cancer?
- Discuss the Big Bang Theory
- What is the Greenhouse Effect?
- Discuss the functions of DNA
- Describe the importance of recycling
- What is the impact of deforestation?
- How is space exploration effective?
- Discuss the Law of Gravity
- What is the history and origin of the Anatolian Shepherd?
Informative Essay Topics for High School Students
The following is a list of topics for high school students to write their informative essays.
- What is the history of the Bible?
- Discuss the significance of higher education.
- What is the history of Voodoo magic?
- What are the effects of consuming fast food on health?
- Discuss different herbal medicines and their effectiveness.
- How to cure post traumatic stress disorder?
- How to handle a panic attack?
- How is a sleeping disorder affecting our lives?
- How does the government eradicate poverty?
- What are the causes of Anorexia Nervosa?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
For college students, choosing a topic for their informative essays is a challenging task. For your help, we have compiled a list of some ideas to create a well-written essay.
- Discuss different mental disorders
- How is unemployment affecting third-world countries?
- What leads to drug addiction?
- What is the impact of illegal immigrants on the country's economy?
- How to overcome anxiety?
- What is the significance of death penalties?
- What are the factors of teen pregnancy?
- Discuss artificial intelligence and its importance in today’s world.
- What is cybersecurity?
- What are the effects of global warming?
Easy Informative Essay Topics
- What do dog shows look like?
- How to find a nice roommate?
- A guide to hiking on your closest trail
- Effectiveness of online education
- The best vitamin to give children
- What is the working of social engineering?
- How can a war affect the citizens of a country?
- Effects of earthquakes
- How to choose an informative essay idea?
- History of tattoos
Funny Informative Essay Topics
- What will humans look like in the future?
- How to stop hiccups?
- Discuss the most famous fails in basketball
- Enlist some funny incidents at the Olympics.
- How do car sports make you smarter?
- How successful are songs made?
- Why do rock stars break their guitars on stage?
- What are the fun ways to decorate a Christmas tree?
- How to clean your room?
- Why do some people and their dogs look alike?
Informative Essay Topics About Animals
- What are the effects of poaching?
- How do climate change and global warming affect the animal kingdom?
- Describe the anatomy of a bird.
- Explain how bees help in pollination.
- Discuss the different types of animal cruelty.
How does overpopulation affect wildlife habitats?
- What are the effects of deforestation on animal habitats?
- How do you protect endangered species?
- Explain how dolphins use echolocation.
- Discuss the importance of proper pet care.
Interesting Informative Essay Topics
- What is the future of AI in the medical field?
- Discuss the different types of renewable energy sources.
- How does virtual reality work and what are its potential applications?
- Explain how online dating affects relationships.
- Describe the history of animation and its importance in modern media.
- Discuss genetic engineering and its effects on human life.
- What are the effects of political unrest in different countries?
- Discuss the impact of social media on society.
- How does quantum computing work and what are its applications?
- Explain the concept of blockchain technology.
Good Informative Essay Topics
- What are the effects of poverty on educational opportunities?
- Describe how music affects mental health.
- Explain the concept of microaggressions.
- Discuss how drug addiction can be treated.
- Explain online privacy and its importance.
- What is cyberbullying and what are its long-term effects?
- How do racism and discrimination affect mental health?
- Discuss the challenges of women empowerment.
- How do technological advancements help in protecting the environment?
- Explain the history and importance of public transportation.
Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
- How to create a budget and manage finances?
- Explain the process of composting and its benefits.
- Discuss how to maintain healthy skin naturally.
- What are the steps in creating an effective CV?
- Describe the process of making a perfect omelet?
- Explain how recycling works and why it is important?
- How to create an effective marketing plan?
- Discuss how to build a successful career.
- Describe the steps of making homemade soap.
- How does a car engine work?
How-To Informative Essay Topics
- How to write a successful college application essay?
- Explain the steps of creating a blog.
- How to manage time and prioritize tasks?
- Describe how to create a website from scratch.
- What are the steps of creating an app?
- Discuss how to prevent cyberbullying.
- How to build a strong online presence?
- How to create a successful YouTube channel?
- What are the steps of creating an animation video?
- Explain the process of building a computer.
Social Studies Informative Essay Topics
- What are the effects of censorship in different countries?
- Discuss the importance of digital literacy in the modern world.
- How is technology changing the job market?
- Explain the idea of net neutrality and its importance.
- Describe the history and evolution of social media.
- Discuss how to promote gender equality in society.
- What are the causes and effects of racism?
- How does the economy impact our lives?
- What are the effects of using non-renewable energy sources?
- Explain how mass media affects public opinion.
Science Informative Essay Topics
- What are the benefits of stem cell research?
- Discuss the history and progress of space exploration.
- How does human activity affect climate change?
- Explain how renewable energy sources work.
- Describe the effect of air pollution on human health.
- What are quantum physics and its applications?
- Discuss the causes and effects of deforestation.
- How do viruses and bacteria spread?
- What are the effects of ocean acidification?
- Explain the differences between nuclear and renewable energy sources.
Pop Culture Informative Essay Topics
- Discuss the influence of hip hop culture in modern society.
- Explain the history and importance of comic books.
- What are the effects of reality TV shows?
- How has streaming changed the entertainment industry?
- Describe how social media creates trends.
- Discuss the impact of video games on mental health.
- What is the power of influencers in digital marketing?
- Explain the evolution and history of fashion.
- How does advertising shape our views on gender roles?
- Discuss the power of K-pop music around the world.
General Topics for Informative Essay
- How do sleep patterns affect physical health?
- Discuss how sports can be used to build character.
- What are the effects of bullying in school?
- Explain the importance of music in education.
- Describe the impact of technology on communication.
- How does poverty lead to poor health outcomes?
- Discuss the power of positive thinking.
- What are the benefits of exercising regularly?
- Explain how volunteering can make a difference in society.
- How do advancements help in protecting the environment?
Informative Narrative Essay Topics
- Describe a life-changing event that happened in your family.
- Share an experience of facing a natural disaster.
- Recall an inspiring moment when you felt proud of yourself.
- Explain the importance of learning from mistakes.
- Discuss how creativity can help overcome hardships.
- Describe the power of storytelling and its impact on society.
- How did a special person in your life shape who you are today?
- Discuss the beauty of self-expression through music and art.
- What have been some of the biggest challenges you faced growing up?
- Explain how travel has changed your worldview.
Compare and Contrast Informative Essay Topics
- Compare and contrast the benefits of working remotely versus in-office.
- Compare and contrast the effects of high school vs college education.
- Explain how online education differs from traditional classroom learning.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of living in a city or a rural area.
- Discuss how different types of music can affect the brain.
- Compare and contrast the impact of digital media and print media.
- Explain how different generations view technology differently.
- Compare and contrast the three major religions in terms of their beliefs.
- Discuss how traditional values differ from modern values.
- Compare and contrast the benefits of online shopping versus in-store shopping.
Informative Essay Topics on Religion
- Discuss the concept of original sin in Christianity.
- Explain how free will differs between Islam and Christianity.
- Describe the impact of religion on culture and politics.
- What are some similarities and differences between Hinduism and Buddhism?
- How have religious beliefs changed over time?
- What is the meaning of karma in different religions?
- Explain the purpose of religious rituals and ceremonies.
- Discuss how religion can foster compassion in society.
- Describe the role of faith in helping people cope with difficult times.
- What is the importance of prayer in various religious traditions?
Informative Essay Topics About Stress
- What are the physical and mental effects of stress?
- Explain how lifestyle changes can reduce stress levels.
- Discuss how social media can heighten anxiety.
- Describe how different people cope with stress.
- What strategies can help manage stress effectively?
- Discuss the power of positive self-talk in reducing stress.
- Explain how exercise can help alleviate stress.
- What are the benefits of engaging in mindfulness activities?
- Describe different techniques of relaxation.
- Discuss the importance of self-care for reducing stress levels.
Informative Essay Topics on Social Issues
- Discuss the challenges of poverty in developing countries.
- Describe the effects of gender inequality on society.
- What are the causes and consequences of racism?
- Explain how mental health issues can be addressed through policymaking.
- How does technology help combat global warming?
- What strategies can be used to reduce homelessness?
- What is the impact of access to clean water on global health?
- Discuss the role of education in promoting economic stability.
- Describe how human rights violations can be prevented.
- Explain the importance of making a difference in society.
Business and Economics Informative Essay Ideas
- Describe the different types of business models.
- Discuss the importance of financial literacy.
- Explain how to start and manage a successful business.
- What are the economic impacts of globalization?
- How do entrepreneurs use technology to their advantage?
- Discuss the importance of innovation in the business world.
- Explain how companies can reduce waste and conserve resources.
- What strategies do businesses use to increase profits?
- Describe the legal implications of starting a business.
- Discuss the different marketing tactics used by businesses.
Informative And Surprising Essay Topics
- Describe the effects of climate change on societies.
- Explain how learning a second language can benefit you.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering?
- Discuss how to become a professional gamer.
- What is the future of artificial intelligence?
- How can virtual reality be used to improve education?
- Describe the impact of technology on society.
- What is the importance of space exploration?
- Discuss how travel can broaden your worldview.
- Explain the benefits of living a minimalist lifestyle.
Informative Essay Topics on Technology
- Describe the impact of the internet on communication.
- How do social media platforms influence behavior?
- Explain how machine learning is changing our world.
- Discuss the effects of AI on businesses.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of 5G technology?
- What strategies can be used to protect data privacy online?
- How is virtual reality being used in the medical field?
- Discuss the potential implications of quantum computing.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of using robots in manufacturing?
- Explain how blockchain technology can revolutionize banking.
Informative Essay Topics On Sports
- Discuss the effects of doping in sport.
- Explain how different sports promote physical fitness.
- What strategies can be used to prevent injuries in sports?
- Describe the role of sports in developing teamwork skills.
- How does technology help improve performance in athletics?
- What are the benefits of playing a team sport?
- Explain the importance of sportsmanship in competitive sports.
- Discuss the effects of racism on athletes and teams.
- How has coaching changed over time?
- Describe the different nutritional requirements for athletes.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Informative Essay Topics About Education
- Describe the benefits of a liberal arts education.
- Compare and contrast different learning strategies.
- Explain how technology can help improve educational outcomes.
- What are the implications of homeschooling?
- Discuss the role of teachers in student development.
- How does access to quality education impact society?
- What strategies can help students be successful in the classroom?
- What are the benefits of using learning management systems?
- Discuss the different criteria for selecting a college.
- Explain how to create an optimal study environment.
Informative Essay Topics About Politics, Government, And Immigration
- Describe the role of government in society.
- Discuss the causes and effects of political corruption.
- What strategies can be used to address income inequality?
- Explain the different forms of government around the world.
- How does immigration law shape public policy?
- What are the pros and cons of globalism?
- Discuss the challenges of achieving world peace.
- What strategies can be used to combat terrorism?
- How does international trade impact economic growth?
- Explain how trade agreements shape global politics.
The significance of choosing a great topic to write your essay can not be ignored. Now you have a list of informative essay topics. Writing a good one depends on how strong and catchy your subject is.
If you are stuck and can not think of a good essay theme. Or if you have a topic in hand but have no clue how to start, get help from MyPerfectWords.com .
We provide professional writing services and writing assistance for all your academic assignments. Be it a simple essay or a complex research paper, you can get quality content written in no time.
To get exceptional writing services, place your order today at the most reasonable price.
Barbara P (Literature, Marketing)
Dr. Barbara is a highly experienced writer and author who holds a Ph.D. degree in public health from an Ivy League school. She has worked in the medical field for many years, conducting extensive research on various health topics. Her writing has been featured in several top-tier publications.
People also read
Informative Essay - Writing Tips, Examples and Topics
Informative Essay Outline - Template & Samples
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Essay Guides
- Essay Topics
Informative Essay Topics: 250+ Writing Ideas for Your Paper
Table of contents
Are you stuck in choosing a research question for your informative essay? You’ve come to the right place. This article seeks to demystify informational writing topics. To help you get started on your essay, we’ve defined informative essay topics, described their characteristics, and even elaborated on the correct way to choose them. In addition, we’ve compiled several lists of informational writing topics on various subjects in various levels of learning. Explore this article to find winning ideas for your informative essay. In case you need further assistance with your informative writing, turn to StudyCrumb to buy essay online . Let us know instructions and have a paper crafted to your needs.
What Are Informative Essay Topics?
Informative essay is written to inform, explain, or teach a reader about any information. Informative essay topics are ideas that focus on providing relevant facts, new information, as well as unique perspectives, to readers. They highlight data that may have not been discussed extensively in other sources. These research questions are designed to enlighten your audience about a particular topic in a detailed and elaborate manner, enabling them to make informed decisions. Additionally, topics for informational writing should be well researched to allow providing accurate information. Usually, informative topics ought to be interesting and engaging to both the writer and the target audience. They may cover ideas related to history, science, current events, health, philosophy, literature, culture, among others.
Characteristics of Good Informative Essay Topics
Good informative essay topics should have the following characteristics:
- Relevant All good topics for informative essays should cover subjects that interest the readers and provide meaningful insights into relevant issues.
- Unbiased Outstanding informative writing topics do not take sides on any issue. They present facts and allow the readers to draw their conclusions themselves.
- Specific Good topics for informative essays should be precise enough to narrow down the focus of your paper but broad enough to still present room for exploration and argumentation. You should provide enough details for the reader to understand the subject matter.
- Engaging Perfect informative topics to write about should be stimulating for your audience. Ensure that the essay topic captures their attention and makes them want to learn more.
- Suited to your writing style Make sure that your ideas match your unique writing style so that you can feel comfortable expressing them in an informed and intelligent way.
How to Choose an Informative Essay Topic?
When choosing an informative essay topic, follow the procedure below:
- Identify your interests Start by brainstorming topics that you are passionate about. Think about your hobbies, desires, history, or current events, and consider a topic related to those interests.
- Consider your audience It is important to consider who your audience will be when choosing informative essay prompts. Think about your readers' interests and choose a topic that will be informative, interesting, and relevant to them.
- Research the topic Once you have narrowed down your list of potential ideas, it is important to study them thoroughly. Such investigation can help determine if your topic has enough information to make a good essay.
- Narrow down the topic Once you have identified several potential informative essays ideas, choose one that is most interesting and relevant to your assignment. Consider the scope of the essay when selecting a topic—it should be neither too broad nor too narrow. Be mindful of how much information you can cover within the paragraph limit assigned to an informative essay.
- Choose an appropriate tone When selecting a topic, consider the tone of your essay. Some ideas are better suited to a humorous approach, while others may require a more serious and professional tone.
Don’t have time? You can pay to write essay at StudyCrumb and get a perfect informative piece from our experts in no time.
Best Informative Essay Topics List
When writing lists for topics for informative essays, you should consider interesting and challenging ideas. You should explore different issues, present facts and opinions, and develop a unique perspective. Doing this will enable you to educate your readers about areas that may not be familiar to them. It also allows you to express your views on issues often neglected by society. Such topics range from current events and history to science or technology. Below is a list of informative essay topics to get you started on your essay.
- The history of the American Civil War.
- Pros and cons of genetically modified foods.
- Causes and effects of global warming.
- Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- How technology has affected education.
- The impact of social media on society.
- Key aspects of self-care.
- The pros and cons of nuclear energy.
- Popular myths about the environment.
- The science behind alternative medicine.
Good Topics for an Informative Essay
What are good informative essay topics? An informative essay idea should be based on factual information and should take a neutral stance on the subject matter. It needs to be educational, thought-provoking, interesting, and accurate. Coming up with top ideas requires researching, brainstorming, and thinking critically. Below is a list of good topics to write an informative essay on.
- Impact of climate change on the environment.
- Our solar system.
- The development of AI technology.
- How social media influences society.
- Genetics and its effects on human health.
- Benefits of exercising regularly.
- Agriculture and its impact on the environment.
- The history of the internet.
- Poverty and hunger in developing nations.
- Alternative energy sources.
- Gender equality, its challenges, and solutions.
- Immigration policy in America.
- Mental health awareness and treatment
- Cybersecurity : protecting online privacy.
- The impact of globalization on world politics.
Easy Informative Essay Topics
Writing an informative paper can be easy if you choose the right idea. Easy topics for an informative essay are uncomplicated to research. With these topics, you can make your essay interesting and engaging while still providing reliable facts and data. These research questions mostly appeal to the younger audience. No matter what ideas you choose for your informative paper, it's important to ensure that the information you give is accurate and understandable. Whether you need easy ideas for an informative essay assignment or want to explore some informational topics to write about, this list will help you find the perfect one!
- The advantages and disadvantages of online shopping.
- How air pollution affects human health.
- A history of space exploration.
- An overview of the evolutionary process.
- Different types of natural disasters.
- Impact of globalization on developing countries.
- How to save energy at home.
- The role of education in society.
- Differences between traditional and modern medicine.
- The history of the internet and its effects on communication.
- Causes and effects of climate change.
- The role of technology in our lives.
- Benefits and drawbacks of social media.
- Types of alternative energy sources.
Need more ideas for your informative essay?. It’s time to test our Essay Title Generator . Get a catchy topic created based on your needs.
Interesting Informative Essay Topics
Essay on an interesting informational essay topic should arouse curiosity, provide insights, and provoke original discussions. It should create an opportunity for your audience to learn something new or gain a different perspective on a given area. Some topics that can make for engaging, inspiring, and thought-provoking essays include current events and issues, scientific and technological advances, cultural phenomena, politics, and global challenges. Below are some interesting topics to write an informative essay on:
- The impact of artificial intelligence on business.
- How to save money.
- The impact of the internet on commerce.
- The role of technology in curing diseases.
- Benefits and pitfalls of modern technology.
- The benefits of yoga and meditation.
- Principles of sustainable development.
- Causes and effects of gender inequality in the workplace.
- Human rights issues in developing nations.
- Domestic animals’ testing practices and their impact on society.
- How global warming has impacted our environment.
- Globalization's impact on small businesses.
- The power of social media and its effect on society.
- The hidden dangers of social networking sites.
Funny Informative Essay Topics
Funny informative essay topics can be a great way to make your readers laugh, while at the same time giving them useful and interesting information. To create funny informative essay topics, you'll want to come up with ideas that are humorous but also relevant and factual. They can encompass a wide range of subjects, from fairly absurd to more serious ones, guaranteeing a captivating reading experience. By writing on fun informative essay topics, you engage your audience's attention and curiosity while simultaneously educating them on substantial, important information. From the world's most unusual inventions to the science behind why we laugh, there are several funny information topics to write about. Here are humorous tips for you to explore:
- The weirdest laws around the world.
- Unusual uses for ordinary objects.
- The science of pranks and practical jokes.
- The origin and benefits of laughing.
- Historical misconceptions.
- Surprising facts about dreams.
- The most bizarre inventions of all time.
- Unconventional uses for superglue.
- How to fake your death and get away with it.
- Grandma's cures that worked.
- Amazing animal abilities you didn't know about.
- The history of the selfie.
- How to get out of an awkward conversation.
- The psychology of losing money.
- The real history behind fairy tales and fables.
Current Informative Essay Topics
Current informative paper topics provide readers with up-to-date information about a particular issue. Such ideas often focus on new developments in a certain field or delve deeper into existing knowledge. When selecting a current informative paper topic, it’s advisable to choose something interesting and relevant to your field. Below are some potential informative research topics:
- The increasing automation uses within the workplace.
- Ways to combat cybercrime.
- Economic impact on globalization.
- Effects of social media on mental health .
- Impact of climate change on agriculture.
- Technological evolution and its effects.
- Benefits and drawbacks of online education.
- Causes and solutions for income inequality.
- How automation can help ease unemployment issues.
- Outcomes of political policies on economic growth.
- Effects of unregulated carbon emissions.
- Benefits and drawbacks of nuclear power.
- Impact of global trade on local economies.
- Different approaches to climate change mitigation.
- How technology is changing healthcare delivery systems.
Informative Essay Ideas for Students
Informational essay ideas for students represent topics that are timely, relevant, as well as engaging. They should provide insights into subjects or concepts studied in particular educational institutions while also being creative and unique, if possible. When choosing these essay topics, it is important to consider the students’ interests as well as their current knowledge. It is also essential to think about how your research can be supported by proper factual evidence. In this section, we will explore some informative essay topic ideas for students in middle school, high school, different grades, and college:
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
Writing informative essays provides middle school children with an opportunity to explore various topics and express their ideas. By researching topics and creating well-structured essays, you can refine your critical thinking skills while discovering more about the world around you. When choosing topics for an informative essay for middle school, it's important to select interesting, relevant, and age-appropriate ideas. Here are some middle school informative essay topics that may help you get started:
- The history of the American civil rights movement.
- The impact of technology on society.
- The role of media in our lives.
- The importance of environmental conservation.
- How to manage stress and anxiety.
- The science behind global warming.
- Effects of bullying on a child's mental health.
- Mental health awareness and prevention.
- Different cultures and their customs.
- Political issues that impact the life and well-being of middle school students.
- How to stay safe online.
- How to make healthy food choices.
- Ways to foster creativity and innovation.
- Importance of nutrition for physical and mental health.
- The power of money and how to manage it responsibly.
Informative Essay Topics for 6th Grade
Exploring informational essay ideas enables pupils to gain an in-depth understanding of their subject matter and learn more about topics that are important in today’s world. By researching these ideas, 6th grade students have the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills, make connections between different topics, as well as gain an appreciation for diverse cultures along with their perspectives. Ultimately, these topics can help children become informed citizens and positive contributors to their communities. Here are some topics to write an informative essay on for your elementary level:
- The industrial revolution.
- The solar system.
- Advantages and disadvantages of technology.
- Causes of climate change.
- History of ancient civilizations.
- The water cycle.
- Role of women in society.
- Immigration trends and laws.
- Different types of governments.
- The revolutionary war.
- Evolution and natural selection.
- Causes and effects of air pollution.
- Oceanic currents and tides.
- Human rights violations around the world.
- Causes and impact of bullying.
Informative Essay Topics for 7th Grade
As a 7th grade student, you are expected to come up with informative essay topics for your papers in order to demonstrate your knowledge and creativity. These ideas must be educational, appropriate for your age group, relevant, interesting, and also carefully selected to consider your strengths. They can include current events, matters of personal interests, history, science, mathematics, and more. Here are some topics for informational writing that you could consider:
- Causes and effects of the Civil War .
- The role of genetics in human development.
- Impact of media on society.
- The process of photosynthesis.
- Different types of energy.
- Benefits of volunteering in local communities.
- Human migration trends.
- Uses of natural resources.
- Factors contributing to poverty.
- The development of the internet.
- Benefits of recycling for our planet.
- Different types of rocks and minerals.
- Ancient religious beliefs around the world.
- The role of immigration in U.S. history.
- Globalization and its impact on society.
Informative Essay Topics for 8th Grade
8th grade is an important transition year for students, as they prepare to move on to high school and take on more challenging academic tasks. Studying informative writing topics at this level can provide them with valuable insights into various topics, such as the history of their community, conformity in society, or the effects of technology on everyday life. Here are some informative topics that you can consider writing an essay on as an 8th grader:
- The history of the United Nations.
- Causes of global warming.
- Bullying prevention and intervention strategies.
- Ancient Greek philosophy.
- The challenges of living in a multicultural society.
- Historical events in Europe.
- Major trade routes around the world.
- Ethical issues behind animal testing and experimentation.
- Different types of ecology.
- Evolution of technology.
- Different types of government systems.
- Air pollution causes and effects.
Informative Essay Topics for High School
Studying informative essay topics for high school students can be both challenging and rewarding. It requires you to thoroughly research a chosen idea within this level and present your findings in an informative and organized way. You can learn about different subjects, explore unknown aspects of these topics, and develop new areas for discussion. High school essay topics should be thought-provoking and relate to your school experience. Below are some high school informative essay topics to review:
- How social media has affected high school education.
- Strategies for overcoming stress in high school.
- Pros and cons of taking advanced placement courses.
- New technologies transforming education.
- How bullying affects students in high school.
- Solutions to homelessness.
- How climate change will affect future generations.
- Causes of teen pregnancies.
- How technology is affecting students' mental health.
- Effects of fast-food consumption.
- International travel for high school students.
- Gender roles in society and their effects on personal identity.
- How social media has contributed to political activism.
- How to protect the environment by reducing waste.
- Effects of drug abuse on high school students.
Informative Essay Topics for College
Selecting appropriate informative essay topics for college students is often complex but instructive. College-level essays require a higher degree of research and critical thinking skills to analyze. When exploring these topics, you should utilize your knowledge about the preferred one, explore new fields and ideas, and write your findings in an enlightening and systematic fashion. College essay topics should be engaging enough to encourage you to get creative with your research while remaining factual to showcase your ability to think critically. With dedication and hard work, you can become an expert in writing a compelling essay. Here are some college informative essay topics for you to explore:
- How genetics determines human behavior.
- Relationship between education and income inequality.
- How technology is transforming healthcare.
- Pros and cons of artificial intelligence.
- Prevention of overpopulation.
- The role of the government in combating climate change.
- Causes of homelessness.
- How to improve gender equality within the workplace.
- Strategies for managing time wisely as a college student.
- Impact of social media on our political choices.
- Impact of globalization on local cultures.
- How to deal with student debt responsibly.
- Effects of mass migration.
- Impacts of mobile phone addiction.
- Effects of social stratification.
Informative Writing Topics by Subject
Exploring a topic for an informative essay by subject can range from discussing the latest pedagogical trends to examining the impact of technology in the classroom. In this section, we have classified topics into various categories. We will provide helpful tips for choosing an essay topic that is suitable for your project, along with a list of informative writing ideas to get you started. Below are subsections dedicated to specific subjects such as education, business, religion, culture among others.
Topics for Informative Essays About Education
Exploring informational writing topics about education allows you to research and perform an analysis of various didactic issues. For example, it enables you to understand how technology changes our learning and teaching. You can also explore modern educators' challenges, such as bullying, mental health, as well as drug abuse. Here are some informative essay topics about education:
- Long-term effects of early childhood education programs.
- Strategies used to stop bullying in schools.
- The challenges of homeschooling and its effectiveness.
- Effective methods of teaching for special needs students.
- The role of standardized testing in student assessment.
- Use of technology for promoting student engagement.
- Impact of educational achievement on mental health.
- Challenges faced by rural schools.
- The growing trend towards online learning.
- How to create an inclusive classroom environment.
Read more: Research Paper Topics on Education
Informative Essay Topics on Social Issues
Social issues can range from poverty and homelessness to education reform or gender inequality. By writing on informative essay topics related to social matters, you can better understand the complexities and nuances of your community. You can also explore solutions required to improve the lives of those around you and challenge yourself to think critically about how you can make a difference. Here are some ideas for an informative essay on social issues:
- Impact of social injustice on the criminal justice system .
- How to promote positive values in our society through music.
- Effects of climate change on vulnerable communities.
- How to reduce poverty and its associated social issues.
- Implications of technology on our privacy and freedom of speech.
- Impact of media on our ideas about gender roles and relationships.
- Gender inequality in the workplace.
- Immigration policies and their impacts.
- Impact of the current immigration policies in the U.S. on communities.
- How to deal with the stigma around mental health issues.
Business Topic Ideas for an Informative Essay
Business informational writing ideas allow you to examine the ins and outs of the business world. By delving into marketing, finance, strategic planning, product development, and customer service, you can better understand how businesses function and develop. By exploring informative essay topics about business, you are able to analyze the complexities of the corporate environment as well as the potential solutions to help improve organizational operations. Explore the following informative report topics for your business project:
- The role of marketing in a successful business strategy.
- Impact of sales on the customer.
- How to improve employee engagement.
- Role of technology in the modern business environment.
- Impact of the global economy on business operations.
- How to protect intellectual property.
- Advantages and disadvantages of franchising a business.
- How businesses use data analytics to make decisions.
- Impact of sustainability practices on a business’s bottom line.
- How businesses leverage technology to stay competitive.
View more: Best Business Topics for Students
Informational Essay Topics on Religion
When researching on topics for informational writing on religion, you gain insight into the unique aspects of faith, culture, and spirituality. Religion has shaped societies in numerous ways throughout history. By engaging with topics related to ethics, scripture, traditions, customs and beliefs, we can understand how religion influences our lives. To effectively write an informative essay about religion, you must first research your topic and consider relevant topics such as the history of a particular faith, its scriptures, language, laws, and customs. Additionally, it would help if you thought critically about how religion has influenced different cultures during the past and in the present. Examine the following informative essay topic ideas on religion for your project:
- The relationship between science and religion in our society today.
- How faith has influenced our modern society.
- The pros and cons of interfaith dialogue.
- The role of religion in ancient civilizations.
- Similarities between religious faiths .
- How religion impacts the cultural identity of a people.
- Different types of religious ceremonies and rituals.
- The role played by spiritual beliefs in healing and human well-being.
- Impact of religion on political discourse within a region or country.
- Impact of proselytizing on religious beliefs.
Informative Essay Topics on Culture
Exploring cultural informative paper topics can cover a broad range of societal aspects. From customs, values, beliefs, and identity to the history and development of different societies, there are various ideas related to people’s heritage that are worth exploring for your essay. When looking for interesting topics to write about, it's important to consider aspects that are relevant and timely. Here are some topics for cultural informative paper to get you started:
- Role played by language in shaping cultural identity.
- How traditions shape our identities.
- Gender roles in different cultures.
- How societal values influence cultural practices.
- Migration patterns and their impact on culture.
- Ethnocentrism and its effects on society.
- Cultural aspects of food and eating habits.
- The relationship between art and society.
- Effects of technology on cultural development.
- Intercultural communication strategies for effective cross-cultural dialogue.
Racism Informative Essay Topics
Informative topics on racism can help to educate readers on various aspects of this complex issue, from the history and evolution of racism to its impact on society. When researching racial discrimination topics, ensure that your ideas are informational, thought-provoking, and backed up by credible sources. In addition, ascertain that your research questions are current and relevant. Consider the following topics to write about for an informative essay on racism:
- Effects of racial stereotypes in media.
- Racial inequality in healthcare.
- The psychological effects of racism .
- The relationship between immigration policies and racism.
- How intersectional identities contribute to experiences of racism.
- Impact of cultural appropriation on racial representations.
- Discriminatory policies and their consequences for people of color.
- Racism in sports and games and its impact on performance.
- The correlation between poverty and race.
- The role of language in maintaining racial hierarchies.
Informative Essay Topics About Health
Research on informational writing topics about health provides a way to explore various aspects related to physical and mental well-being. These topics can be used to write essays that inform, educate, and enlighten readers on the importance of being healthy. Some of these ideas may include diet and nutrition, physical activity, mental health, illnesses and diseases, healthcare policy, and more. Depending on the angle or emphasis, these ideas can provide a comprehensive overview of health and medicine, or delve into specific details related to certain conditions or treatments. Here are some informative essay ideas about health to help get you started:
- Impact of stress on mental health.
- The role of diet in maintaining a healthy body.
- How exercise affects physical performance.
- Health social determinants and their impact.
- Environmental factors’ impact on health.
- Use of vaccines to control disease outbreaks.
- Mental health stigmas and their consequences.
- Genetic disorders and their impact on health.
- Healthcare accessibility for marginalized communities.
- The relationship between mental and physical health.
>> Read more: Mental Health Research Topics
Topics for an Informative Essay on Stress
Research on informative paper topics on stress covers a wide range of issues related to physical, psychological, and emotional pressures. These research questions could include the causes of stress, its manifestation on people, strategies for managing it, and potential solutions to reduce its impact. Additionally, an informative essay on stress may explore ways to identify its sources in everyday life and recognize the signs of excessive stress. Below are informational topics to write about in relation to stress:
- Genetics' role in stress disorders.
- How to de-stress in under five minutes.
- Social support networks and their effectiveness in reducing stress.
- The link between stress, anxiety, and depression .
- Coping mechanisms for dealing with stress.
- How stress affects physical health and performance.
- The relationship between workplace stressors and productivity.
- Gender impact on experiences of stress.
- Cultural differences in responses to stress.
- How neuroscience helps to understand stress.
Informative Essay Topics on Science
Research in informative paper topics on science requires you to examine scientific phenomena and findings in a way that is easy for the average person to understand. These ideas can cover anything from the latest advancements in technology to the basics of physics, chemistry and biology. Here are some scientific information topics to write about in your next project:
- Physics’ laws and their applications.
- How advancements in genetics have impacted our society.
- Important developments in space exploration.
- Scientific methods for studying human behavior.
- How the human genome project is transforming medicine.
- The role of chemistry in everyday life.
- Social and ethical issues in genetics research.
- New developments in the field of medical science.
- Technology's impact on environmental sustainability.
- Advances in energy sources and their impact.
View more: Science Topics to Write Your Paper On
Informative Essay Topics on Technology
From the invention of the wheel to artificial intelligence, information essay topics usually entail discussing modern conveniences that have made a profound impact on human history. Undoubtedly, technology has become a vital part of our lives, revolutionizing the way we live, work, communicate, and entertain ourselves. Here are some informational writing ideas to help get you started:
- How technology is shaping healthcare delivery.
- How the internet has changed communication.
- How artificial intelligence affects human society.
- Big data and its applications in everyday life.
- Cybersecurity challenges within a connected world.
- Robotics' role in manufacturing and automation.
- Impact of the internet on globalization.
- Emerging technologies and their potential impact.
- Social media platforms and their influence on society.
- Biotechnology and its impact on human health.
You might also be interested in other title suggestions for your academic assignments. Browse our Blog to find best ideas for expository essay topics , narrative essay topics , or definition essay topics .
Bottom Line on Informative Essay Topics
In summary, exploring informative essay concepts can be a great way to educate readers on a wide range of topics. When deciding on informative topics for your essay, it is important to consider what you are passionate about, your audience's interests, and the subject's relevance. You should also ensure that your topic provides new and stimulating information. With a great topic, your essay can be an invaluable source of knowledge for readers. Whether you are writing about history, science, or technology, this article provides a guide on how to come up with good ideas for an informative essay.
Our team of professionals provides educational consultancy. We are ready to help you find the easiest path to success by offering you expert writing assistance with academic essays.
You may also like
- Information Science
- Social Issues
- Cause and Effect
- Compare and Contrast
- What Is an Essay
- Length of an Essay
- Generate Ideas
- Types of Essays
- Structuring an Essay
- Outline For Essay
- Essay Introduction
- Thesis Statement
- Body of an Essay
- Writing a Conclusion
- Essay Writing Tips
- Drafting an Essay
- Revision Process
- Fix a Broken Essay
- Format of an Essay
- Essay Examples
- Essay Checklist
- Essay Writing Service
- Pay for Research Paper
- Write My Research Paper
- Write My Essay
- Custom Essay Writing Service
- Admission Essay Writing Service
- Pay for Essay
- Academic Ghostwriting
- Write My Book Report
- Case Study Writing Service
- Dissertation Writing Service
Can’t find a perfect paper?
- Essay Topics
100 Informative Essay Topics
Good informative essay topics are hard to come by. For lots of students, it feels like everything has already been explored so many times that finding an interesting subject has become impossible. This is a big problem because the choice of a topic is the first layer of foundation a future essay should have. If you made a bad choice, your research is going to bore you along with your audience. It’ll have uninspiring facts and irrelevant findings.
Informative essay is a piece of writing where you present certain information to your readers, expanding their knowledge, and explaining an issue in a detailed way. It’s important because it is objective — there is no need to argue with the opposition, refute their counter-points, or defend a view you might not even share simply because the task requires you to demonstrate the power of your conviction. As opposed to it, informative writing allows a writer to investigate a phenomenon in depth while readers get an opportunity to learn more about it. There are a ton of themes students could choose for their research, but picking something interesting, manageable, and educational is far more difficult. That’s why we’ve prepared this list with 100 best topics.
How to Find the Best Topic for Informative Essay
The process of looking for a topic takes time, but luckily, there are easy tips that could help students do it more quickly. We outlined some of them below. Consider them when faced with a choice, and before you know it, your inspiration will increase to a surprising extent.
- Explore what you like . If you think academic essays are boring and that looking for a good topic is useless, don’t get discouraged — it’s far more possible than you think! Interest in a subject is important for success, and you could achieve it by making a synthesis of your hobbies. Combine your latest points of interest, talk with friends, look over the books you’ve read, and then make the topic sound academic! With creativity present, you won’t face any troubles. Imagine that you love ‘Twilight’, but your essay is on old English literature. Well, why don’t you choose among Bella’s favorite books to research? This way, you’ll explore a part of your hobby while sticking to requirements!
- Check if there is research available . A potential drawback of essays is that people have to support their content with sources. If you’re writing a business report, you cannot just fill it with your own thoughts, so if no verified research is published about this topic, you won’t go far. That is why you should check it in advance.
- Assess the scope of work adequately. Don’t go overboard with your creativity — if this is just a regular analysis essay, pick a topic with medium complexity. You wouldn’t want to spend days or weeks composing one single paper simply because you wanted your work to be extra impressive!
100 Great Informative Essay Ideas
There are thousands of categories with hundreds of topics that you could explore. Outlining them all wouldn’t be possible, so we decided to settle on ten largest groups and give you the option between 10 different themes in each of them. Sort through them and maybe you will find inspiration you’ve been searching for!
Interesting Informative Essay Prompts
The first category is focused on interesting informative writing topics. They won’t be necessarily educational, but exploring them could be fun!
- How People in China Handle Grief
- The Concept of ‘Trophy Wives’ and How It Started
- How to Care for an Adopted Pet with Traumatic Past?
- Creative Ways to Subdue a Panic Attack
- Reasons For Snowless Winters in Cold Regions
- History & Development of Fanfiction
- The Oldest Cold Case in Criminal History
- Problems and Benefits Beauty Pageants Are Known For
- The Use of Animals in Therapy
- Why Are Some People Night Owls?
Ideas For College Students
College is the middle point before school and university. Check out these informational writing topics if this stage fits you!
- Smart Ways for Saving Money
- Drawbacks of Having a Car in College
- Adjusting to a Life of a College Student in a New City: Challenges & Solutions
- Preserving Long-Distance Relationships Over the Years
- Changes in Crime Statistics Over the Last Two Years
- Modern Problems with a System of American Healthcare
- Why Relationships with Professors Could Become Strained
- Cases of Child-on-Child Violence & Most Effective Interventions
- Learning to Work and Study in New Conditions Set By COVID-19
- Support Hitler Received From Developed Countries
Informative Essays Topics For High School Students
Fining easy yet appropriate informative topics to write about is a big challenge, but we still chose 10 top options!
- Effective Tactics for Punishing Bullying In School Establishments
- The Most Dangerous Places in Our World
- History of ‘Harry Potter’ Fans’ Legacy
- Learning Foreign Languages Is a Way to Understand Another Culture
- The Science Behind Handwriting and Its Usefulness in Police Investigations
- Everything Parents Should Know About ADHD In Children
- Best Known Portrayals of Mental Disorders in Movies
- Most Popular Social Networks in 2020
- Online Cancel Culture & Its Origins
- Why Having a Diary Feels Comforting to Many People Regardless of Their Age
Informative and Surprising Ideas
Do you like to take your audience aback? If so, you’ll find the following informative essays ideas useful.
- Medical Experiments Conducted on Children
- Sleeping Next to a Pet At Night as a Kind of Relaxing Therapy
- Chemistry Behind Love at a First Sight
- Choosing the Best Gifts for Family & Friends
- Best Structure That Academic Paragraph Should Have
- Examples of Situations When Determination Prevailed Over Inherent Talent
- Ineffectiveness Multiple Life Sentences Given to Serious Offenders Have Demonstrated
- Three Most Dangerous Drugs People Consider Relatively Harmless
- Sun Allergy: Its Causes, Symptoms, and Ways of Treatment
- Personal Pronouns Should Not Be Used in Academic Writing
Easy Informative Essay Topic Ideas
Sometimes people start looking for topics for informative essay because they have to. They aren’t in the mood for hard work, and we have the options they might like.
- Adopting Wild Animals From Shelters: Things a Future Owner Should Know
- The Value DNA Testing Has in Criminal Investigations
- Controlling Dreams Along With Their Content
- English Tea Rituals: Origins & Details
- Recognizing Signs of Panic Attack Before It Hits Full-Force
- The Unpleasant Truth About the Birth of the US
- Effect Social Media Has on Teenagers’ Self-Esteem
- Working From Home & Being Productive: Tested Strategies
- Impact That Domestic Abuse Has on a Child as They Mature
- Internet Safety Rules That Many Modern Children Know Nothing About
Topics For Middle School
This is a rare category, but since middle schoolers also need easy informative essay topics, here’s the pick for them.
- Hiking Without Getting Lost: What Experts Say
- Ways to Find a Way Out of Forest If You Are Lost
- Preserving Friendships Regardless of Life Circumstances
- A Diet Everyone Should Try to Secure Their Health
- Unethical Journalism, Its Consequences, and Tactics to Stop It
- How Prisoners Escape and Who Is Responsible
- Cases of Breach Of People’s Right to Freedom of Speech
- The Impact Music Has On Our Modern Life
- Depression as a Warning Sign & Why People Cannot Always Recognize It
- How Elections Work In Russia & Who Oversees It
Informative Essay Prompts on Technology
Our life wouldn’t be recognizable without technologies, so there are many informational essay topics about it.
- How Technology Makes Police Work Easier
- Cases When Young People Became Cruel Due to Opportunities Presented by Technology
- Cybercrime as a Constantly Evolving Danger to Society
- US Schools That Teach Their Students Technology
- The Current State of Espionage in the World
- Online Discussions as a Way to Facilitate Justice for Victims Who Were Previously Silent
- A Vital Role CCTV Cameras Play In Our Life
- Internet Enabled Students to Cheat as They Do Their Homework
- Problem with Online Stalking and Doxxing
- Use of Technology by International Charities
Ideas on Sports
Let’s forget about studies for a moment and concentrate on more exciting topics to write an informative essay on.
- Trauma Behind the Selling of Sportsmen
- Why Do Most Sports Stars Retire Only?
- Reasons for Athletes Using Drugs Despite Knowing They Might Be Caught
- Violence That Accompanies Football Matches
- Love Stories That Developed Between Sport Stars
- The Oldest Movie Dedicated to Sport
- What Kinds of Sports Are Banned in Some Countries?
- The Most Beautiful Sport in Our World
- Extremely Talented Sportive Stars Few People Know About
- The Role That Sport Plays in Action Movies
Suffer from writer’s block?
Your unique essay is just a few clicks away!
If you’re studying, it’s only logical to seek out educational informative essay prompts.
- Value That Higher Education Possesses in the Present Days
- The Challenge of Working and Studying At the Same Time
- Histories of Colleges With Lowest Tuition
- Instances When Friendships Forged in College Lasted Over the Lifetime
- Tactics for Making a Process of Studying Interesting
- The Most Successful People Who Did Not Graduate
- Ways in Which Cars Could Facilitate Students’ Studies
- Which People Decide to Work as College & Uni Professors?
- Education System in Asia, Its Perks & Disadvantages
- Books with Excellent Education Value & What Makes Them Effective
Politics, Government and Immigration
Our world is changing, and so a number of informative essay topic ideas dedicated to government and their policies is rising!
- The State of American Policies on Immigration in 2020
- How COVID-19 Affected Decisions of Governments All Over the World
- Reasons That Motivate People to Leave Their Home Countries
- Stages That a Law Must Pass Before It Becomes Officially Legal
- Females In Modern Politics: Their Accomplishments, Defeats, and Opportunities
- Americans’ General Opinion on Gun Control Policies
- The Most Violent Restrictions Put on Immigration Globally
- Modern Known Descendants of True Royalty
- Laws Regarding Smoking in Public as well as Non-Public Places In the US
- Communism as a Dark yet Effective System for Controlling People
Care About the Informative Essay Topic and Your Essay Will Rock
Remember that whatever theme you choose, it should have personal value for you. There are plenty of interesting informative essay topics for college students, but what intrigues one person won’t feel right for someone else. Think about yourself and be sure you enjoy the subject you’re about to start researching. If something still doesn’t work and you cannot find any inspiration, you could contact us for help. We cooperate with the best writers who work across different industries and are capable of brainstorming, researching, creating, as well as formatting an essay for you. So, even if you aren’t in the mood for work, don’t worry about any consequences! Share your problem with us and we’ll provide you with work of the highest possible level.
Can’t come up with a topic for you paper? We’ve prepared a collection of essay topics for you
Want to write a winning essay but lack experience? Browse our free essay samples
Related essays to informative essays.
Got to the bottom and still stuck with essay ideas?
- Top 200 Informative Essay Topics for Every Student + Tips
What is an Informative Essay
How to choose informative essay topics.
- Good Informative Essay Topics
General Topics for Informative Essay
- Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- Informative Essay Topics for High School
- Informative Essay Topics for College
Interesting Informative Essay Topics
- Easy Informative Essay Topics
Process Analysis Informative Essay Topics
Informative narrative essay topics, compare and contrast informative essay topics.
- Ideas for Informative Essay Topics on Religion
Informative Essay Topics About Stress
- Informative Essay Topics on Social Issues
- Business and Economics Informative Essay Ideas
- Final Thoughts
It isn't easy to choose a good topic without a precise informative essay definition. In short, an informative essay for college aims to educate a reader on a particular topic. Such academic papers may focus on defining a specific term by providing "how-to" tips, comparing and contrasting something, or explaining and analyzing information. Such piece of writing does not present a writer's opinion and never persuades the reader .
To choose a winning topic for an informative essay , it's not necessarily to spend a decent amount of time. The clue to any superb informative essay is an in-depth and narrow subject. A good topic has to be engaging both to the writer and the reader. For example, the essay written about chess or football may be of great interest to you, though it may be boring to your reader. Remember, you should captivate your audience by digging deep into the selected research area.
Good Informative Essay Topics
Below you can find a list of ideas for informative essay topics that are relevant in 2022. With this pool of ideas, you will get a wide range of examples for any student. We have divided them into different categories so that you can choose the most suitable subject .
- College stress
- Worldwide poverty
- Domestic violence
- Pregnancy in college
- Bullying in college
- Violence in video games
- Organic food tendency
- Harming impact of fast food
- College scholarships
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- Best house pets
- Unusual vegetables and fruits
- Harmful effects of video games
- Kindness is the utmost personal trait
- Best way to cook pizza
- Secret ingredient in cooking pasta
- Role of cell phones in students’ life
- A surprising turn of events in my life
- How I met my best friend
- Influence of color on mood
- School uniform
- Child obesity
- Over popularity in middle school
- Role of trainers in sport
- Stress and health
To broaden your mind, look through different lists of topics. For example, persuasive writing topics may come in handy.
Informative Essay Topics for High School
- Donuts for dinner: Nutritional aspect
- Global warming
- Kids make parenting hard
- Best way to learn effectively
- Guns legalization
- Overwhelming workload of students
- Artificial Intelligence as a learning solution
- Openness of modern students to changes
- Spontaneity improves life
- Role of generations
- Link between music and increased work efficiency
- Hobby is the richness of life
- Being organized helps in high school
- Embarrassing moments boost the confidence
- Parents should control the amount of time children spend watching TV
Informative Essay Topics for College
- Sport should be mandatory in each college
- Role of published literature in research
- Adverse effects of processed food
- Community services positively influence college students
- Summer classes are half productive compared to the autumn ones
- How long should be the comfort college weekend?
- Summer vacation is not for studying
- College dress code improves the academic efficiency of students
- Video games influence students' behavior
- How video games hurt students' grades?
- Video gaming and academic performance
- Factors affecting academic performance
- Crucial skills for academic progress
- Building leadership in class
- Community-based and educational programs
- Information that people get about you from your handwriting
- Alternatives to traditional paddy cultivation
- Ways to manage stress in workplaces
- Poverty in the world
- Are rich people really rich?
- Diseases associated with lifestyle
- Millennial generation's role in economic transformation
- Overgeneralization of generations
- How does the millennial generation respond to COVID-19?
- Global extreme poverty
- World poverty clock
- Hunger in America
- New face of rising worldwide hunger
- Significance of apps in modern businesses
- Organizational climate and culture
Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Hip-hop culture: Origin
- Importance of family support in sports
- Role of hobbies in academic success
- Procrastination as a defence mechanism
- Intelligence as a leadership trait
- Paralympic games
- Social media and aggression
- Psychological traumas caused by child abuse
- Professions and gender
- Blogging as business
- Learning strategies
- Role of parents in personality development
- Early marriage
- Abortion as an ethical dilemma
- Capital punishment debate
- How to defeat insomnia?
- How to cook perfect brownies?
- How to get rid of a harmful habit?
- How to wash a pet?
- How to wash linen trousers?
- How to remove grass stains?
- How to start relationships?
- How to edit a photo?
- How do solar panels work?
- How to write a great essay?
- How to build stable friendships?
- How to groom a cat?
- How to stop or lower hiccups?
- How to cook ice cream?
- How to cook donuts?
- How did I overcome fear?
- My special place
- A place I would like to avoid in the future
- Secrets of successful academic performance
- My life-changing event
- My fondest memory
- My favorite time
- My biggest loss
- Does money matter in my life?
- My first handshake
- Moment I'm proud of
- A phrase that sparked hope
- Words that have changed my life
- If I had lived two hundred years earlier
- My secret talent
We can also suggest you browse our personal narrative ideas . Get some interesting ideas for your essay.
- High School vs. College: Major differences
- Who takes much of the life - students who work or unemployed students?
- Major differences between American English and British English
- What makes employment similar to education?
- SAT vs. TOEFL: Comparison
- Difference between a Master's degree and Ph.D
- Persuasive vs. Argumentative Paper
- Is traditional education better than remote learning?
- Nazism and fascism: Similar or different?
- Tea or coffee: Which drink is healthier?
- Living in a village or moving to the city
- Coke vs. Pepsi
- Traditional vs. Online commerce
- Jazz vs. Rock
- Forbes or New York Times
Keep in mind that we have the whole blog with compare and contrast topics . Use them for inspiration and some fresh ideas for your writing.
Ideas for Informative Essay Topics on Religion
- Church and country
- Black churches
- Religion and modernism
- Religion and sex
- Religion and evolution
- Religion in the workplace
- Religion and mental health
- Religion and bullying
- Women in religion
- Political Islam
- Religion and communism
- New religious movements
- Acute stress
- Episodic acute stress
- Psychosocial stress
- Chronic stress
- Psychological stress
- Physical stress
- Breathe techniques to overcome stress
- Causes of stress
- Causes of chronic stress
- Causes of physical stress
- Types of stress
- Encounter stress
- Time stress
- Situational stress
- Anticipatory stress
- Stress management
Informative Essay Topics on Social Issues
- Social inequality
- Gender identity
- Drugs abuse
- Alcohol abuse
- Bullying and social media
- Economic Deprivation
- Political Corruption
- Anti-social behavior
- Racial discrimination
- Unemployment caused by COVID pandemic
- Child abuse
Business and Economics Informative Essay Ideas
- Dynamics of consumerism
- Nobel prize in Economics 2020
- Impact of demonetization
- Reduction in tax rates
- Formalization of workforce
- Industrial corridors in business and economy
- Gig economy popularity
- E-commerce in businesses
- Socio-economic inequality
- Methods of economics
- Economic crisis 2020
- Business perspectives
- Financial decisions in private businesses
- Human resources' role in businesses
- Role of marketing and branding in sales
It happens that students know the topic they should write on but do not have time or are not good at writing essays. No worries! We are always here for you to provide academic assistance. Entrust your task to an expert writer and our specialist will help you choose an excellent informative essay topic for an A+ grade paper. On top of that, you may get a professional custom essay written just for you within the deadline given.
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now! Get a price quote & proceed with your order!
Writing a book summary or analysis of a classical literary piece is a common assignment that students should be ready to complete every day. Its nature forces you to read an original story, test your writing skills, and delve into the author’s commentaries and opinions. What are interesting Scarlet ...
Are you fond of telling interesting stories? If yes, it's essential to know how to choose excellent narrative essay topics and follow the necessary assignment directions to develop a brilliant paper. Check out our compiled list of essay ideas from expert writers who complete homework on a regular ba...
Choosing cause and effect essay topics is the first step to make once you are assigned to complete such a task. This type of paper requires students to possess excellent analytical and research skills. It also helps to grasp the concept of causal relationships, which is beneficial not only in academ...
150 Informative Essay Topics To Create A Good Paper
Are you wondering what an informational essay is or need help with informative essay topics? You have definitely come to the right place. Edusson can explain exactly what this paper requires and how it is structured. We can also help you with informative essay ideas. Keep reading!
Additionally, if you are also looking for admission essay writing help, we have experienced writers who can help you write an impressive essay to get you into college.
What Is An Informative Essay?
An informative paper is all about teaching your audience about something. You can choose any informative paper topics to write. The main goal is to explain something to the reader that they do not know about. It is not about giving your opinion or persuading your audience to take sides – it is all about the facts.
In addition to writing an informative paper, speech writing services can help you craft an engaging, effective, and informative speech that will deliver your message clearly and concisely.
Where To Get Informative Essay Ideas?
Do you need good informative topics to write about but do not know where to find them? It can be difficult knowing where to find original and interesting persuasive essay topics . But at Edusson, you can view some fantastic ideas, and informative essay prompts. They are all in one place, and there are lots of different informative writing topics on every subject for school or college.
Good Informative Essay Topics
Do you want to start writing your informative essay today? It can be difficult to think of a topic off the top of your head. So, we have listed 150 of the best essay topics below so that you can gain some inspiration. You can either create your own using our list as a prompt, or you can borrow a title – the choice is yours.
If you still struggle to find something that you can write about, you can always consider our professional fast essay writing service . Our team of writers can provide you with a wide range of persuasive essay papers that are tailored to your specific requirements. Whether you need help with research, editing or proofreading, our expert writers are on hand to provide the perfect solution. Buy persuasive essay papers from us today and get a top quality piece of writing to help you achieve the best possible results.
Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
- Ways to make plants grow faster.
- Methods to tackle the fear of flying.
- How to beat sleep paralysis.
- How to stop bad habits becoming out of control.
- Ways to prepare and plan a birthday party.
- The steps to losing fat.
- Methods to build muscle.
- Ways to stop an obsession with food.
- Tricks and tips that experts use to start their career.
- Tricks to get good grades in school.
- Ways to get a driving license.
- Methods for saving money.
- Getting the best deal for home insurance.
- Ways to move your belongings to a new home.
- How to create a debate argument.
- Ways to stop drinking.
- Ways to redecorate a home.
- Methods for buying a good but used car.
- How to get a new job.
- Ways to pay for college.
Interesting Informative Essay Topics
- Ways that illegal immigration is affecting the United States.
- President Trump and his plan for the border.
- The aftermath of World War I.
- The evolving trend of anti-abortion legislation.
- The consequences of overpopulated prisons.
- The revolving door of crime.
- Childhood precursors for mental health problems.
- The reasons for homelessness in San Francisco.
- Cybercrime and ways it is causing problems in the modern world.
- The education system is changing.
- The rising rate of poverty in the western world.
- Overcoming pressure in college.
- The NHS: is it time to privatize healthcare?
- The reasons for high suicide rates in young males.
- The events that led up to World War II.
- How Europe is tackling extremism.
- Alcoholism and ways the Government can help.
- How can we make sure superbugs do not mutate?
- Video games and how they can encourage violence.
- Causes of adolescent violence and how it can be prevented.
Informative Essay Topics For College Students
- Reasons why we should be worried about global warming.
- The evolution of the vegan lifestyle.
- Leaders and presidents who have made a difference.
- The effects of acid rain.
- What is cybercrime?
- The importance of reducing your carbon footprint.
- Ways that you can secure your dream job.
- Education from online universities.
- The effects of banning animal testing.
- Socialism and how it can work.
- How the UK Parliament works.
- Is the House of Lords useful?
- Should the world be worried about global warming?
- How many planets are in space?
- What is considered white collar crime?
- Restrictions on free speech: the consequences.
- The meaning of a solar eclipse.
- The consequences of obesity on life expectancy.
- How are laws passed in the United States?
- Is education better at top-ranked universities?
- Recycling and how it can save our planet.
Informative Essay Topics For High School
- Do you have to go to college or university to achieve success?
- Is bullying in high school damaging to your self-esteem in the future?
- How society can tackle child abuse.
- World War II events and significant moments.
- The chain of events leading to World War I.
- How the UK appeased Hitler.
- Discussing the Iraq war.
- Describing pointillism and its influence.
- The poorest cities in the USA.
- The branches of government in the United States.
- Discussing the gun control debate.
- Considering the effects of the civil war.
- Results of global warming.
- How does electricity work?
- The differences between the old and new testament.
- The biggest stadiums around the globe.
- How to become a Lord.
- Who are the richest people in the world?
- Indian culture and how it has changed.
- How important is it to get a college degree?
- Folklore in Scotland.
- The most interesting music events in the world.
- What happens during keyhole surgery?
- How to have a career in the gaming world.
- What is OCD and its effects?
Informative Essay Topics For Middle School
- How school uniform can bring children together.
- How are national parks significant?
- Can wild animals become pets?
- The evolution of Captain America.
- What are the best vitamins for good health?
- Can violence on television be a bad influence?
- How to stitch clothing.
- How you can achieve the best grades.
- What do dreams mean?
- It is beneficial to become an exchange student?
- How to read a map correctly.
- The best way to work a compass.
- The best subjects to study at school.
- My favourite vacation.
- How tanning can be dangerous for your skin.
- How knitting is a skill for life.
- Can music make you more intelligent?
- Should television shows be monitored for children?
- The healthy foods all children should be eating.
- How to train a dog.
Informative And Surprising Essay Topics
- The real cost of college textbooks.
- How a clear thesis statement is important.
- How to hook your reader within the first paragraph.
- Music censorship and how it is affecting us.
- Freedom of speech: how it has changed.
- Are drugs spreading around prisons?
- Should a life sentence mean life?
- Does prison work?
- The effects of childhood obesity.
- Should fast food chains be banned?
- Can the government do more for the homeless?
- Should guns be allowed on college campuses?
- Gun violence is on the rise – what can be done?
- Are sunbeds linked to skin cancer?
- Are tattoos still an indication of crime?
- Ways to treat anorexia.
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- What will the effects of Brexit be?
- Should there be a second Scottish Independence referendum?
- Can winning the lottery destroy your life?
- The damage of procrastination.
- How to beat stress.
- Helping victims of domestic violence.
- Caffeine addiction.
Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Discussing veganism.
- The effects of domestic abuse.
- The tactics of American football.
- How to play baseball.
- The importance of having two hands on the wheel.
- For and against immigration.
- The pros and cons of giving blood.
- The significant role of exercise for a healthy lifestyle.
- The dangers of gambling.
- Should you drink more than one coffee a day?
- The effect of legalizing gay marriage.
- The considerations before surgery.
- The career of Tiger Woods.
- The success of Simon Cowell.
- The influences of modern art.
- How Picasso inspired other artists.
- The importance of team work.
- How poverty affects society.
- Is the broken windows theory true?
- How stress can affect your health.
How To Write A Good Informative Essay?
Once you have your proposal essay ideas , it is time to start writing. The best way to introduce your informational topic is with an introduction. You can introduce your thesis statement and what you are looking to achieve in your paper.
The next part is the main body of your informative writing. You can break your paper into sections that are logical and guide your reader through the topic you describe. You can include secondary sources and share arguments on the subject.
Then it is time for the conclusion. This summarizes the main points you have made so that you can remind your audience of what they have read. You will also want to reiterate your thesis statement.
Do not forget to format and reference all of the sources you have used in your essay. This includes creating a bibliography page.
All good informative essays start with interesting and engaging informative essay topics. You can use Edusson to get custom essay writing help and to make sure that you achieve a good grade for your paper.
- Expository Essay Topics 2023
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
- Best Health Essay Topics for 2023
- 120 Amazing Topics for Your Opinion Essay
Improve your writing with our guides
Psychology Essay Topic: Theories Explaining Human growth and Development
200 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2023
Get 15% off your first order with Edusson
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
100% privacy. No spam ever.
Informative Essay Topics: 12 Topic Ideas for Students
Are you looking for informative essay topics for your next assignment? Here are 12 writing prompts to get you started.
High school and college students are often given research papers to write as their school assignments. These papers are lengthy and informative essays, digging into facts around a topic and proving a topic sentence or thesis statement using those facts. If you have been assigned to write an informative paper or essay, you may be looking for ideas.
An interesting, informative essay topic for high school or college is appropriate for students’ age. It has enough information that they can write on their academic level and with the number of words the project requires. Getting started is the hardest part, and having a list of writing topics on hand can help.
As you consider topics for your essay or paper writing assignment, this list of informative essay topics is a good starting point.
For help with your essays, check out our round-up of the best essay checkers
1. The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
2. how does social media impact high school students, 3. what initiatives have the best impact on global warming, 4. does plastic surgery improve body image and self esteem, 5. is caffeine addiction a serious problem, 6. do video games help or hurt academic performance, 7. what allowed hitler to commit genocide during world war ii, 8. the health benefits of vegetarianism, 9. do school uniforms help or hurt student self image, 10. is illegal immigration helping or hurting the us economy, 12. does gun control work.
Children living in homes where domestic violence occurs suffer from severe trauma, which results in mental health issues. Even if it is not against them, witnessing domestic violence causes long-term psychological effects. Your essay could touch on this serious social issue and explore the long-term effects of domestic violence on the children in these homes.
After exploring the effects, you could take your essay further by discussing potential solutions to the problem. Include ways to help the children overcome their challenges to be healthier adults in these situations.
The amount of time students spend on social media is increasing dramatically year after year, with the average currently sitting at around nine hours of media use per day . The pandemic significantly increased this, as social platforms became the primary way students could stay in contact during the lockdown. Your essay can explore how social media impacts adolescents.
Keep in mind that there may be some positive impacts to counter any negatives you find. While social media opens the door to cyberbullying and self-esteem issues, it can also give students a platform to discuss the social issues that are important to them and to connect remotely with friends who do not live nearby. Provide a balanced view in your informative essay.
Global warming is one of the most severe environmental concerns of our time , and many government initiatives aim at fixing the problem. However, not all of these work well. Your essay could look at the data to see which initiatives work and do little to help the problem.
As you look at this essay topic idea, thoroughly research to get to the heart of the matter. Be honest about what you see that works and what is not working to make a difference.
In 2020, 1.54 million people will undergo plastic surgery in the United States. This number was significantly more than in 1997, indicating a steep increase in the number of cosmetic procedures done. Your essay could explore whether or not these surgeries helped patients enjoy better self-esteem and an improved body image.
If you come into this topic with a preconceived notion, consider that statistics show cosmetic surgery improves does improve body image for a large percentage of patients. After discussing that fact, you could further look at what makes someone a good candidate for effective, image-boosting cosmetic surgery.
Every day in America, around 90% of adults will consume caffeine. Is this an addiction, and if it is, does it represent a serious problem? Answering these questions in your essay could make for an engaging report.
Caffeine is a stimulant, and it can be addictive. Look at the statistics and the effects of caffeine addiction in writing your essay. Then, decide whether or not this is a serious issue, and if it is, decide what you will do about it.
A lot of published work writes about the negative impact of video games on higher education and overall academic performance. Still, some recent research indicates that it is not as damaging as once thought. This essay looks at the pros and cons of video game use for students. Highlight what needs to happen to make video games helpful and not harmful to student academic performance. For instance, you may find that time limits and game choice directly correlate to video games being helpful to students, so write about that.
When you look back at the atrocities during World War II, it is easy to wonder how Hitler could deceive people so fully and kill millions of his enemies in concentration camps, but exactly how did this happen? In your essay, research and dissect the propaganda, political scene, and media use of the era to determine how the dictator gained the general population’s trust and gained the ability to carry out these heinous acts.
This is a great informative essay topic because it has many different areas to explore. You will look at the society of the day and the political aspirations of the Hitler regime.
Many people choose to follow a vegetarian diet because of ethical and moral beliefs about eating meat, but are there health benefits to this lifestyle? This idea is a great topic to explore in an informative essay, especially if you do not personally follow this lifestyle. You can research the health benefits and then conclude for yourself.
Around 10% of Americans follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, so discuss why that is in your essay. If you determine there are health benefits to vegetarianism, make sure you talk about how to avoid any potential problems with the lifestyle, such as lack of protein.
Schools that adopt a school uniform policy often help keep students on a level playing field, avoiding problems with bullying due to clothing choices, but does a school uniform improve student self-image? You can look into this as you write about this interesting topic.
Uniforms can reduce bullying and promote healthier friendships amongst students. However, they may not be a perfect solution, as bullies who are determined to bully will find a way to do so. Explore both sides of this issue as you discuss the topic.
Illegal immigration is another hot social issue, and many people think that the influx of illegal immigrants is hurting the U.S. economy. Yet if you look at the research surrounding this topic, you will find that it is less impactful than you might think. Some people argue that immigrants, even illegal ones, are helping the economy .
This topic is a good informative essay topic because it is controversial. The controversy makes it engaging. Be sure to back your thesis statement with plenty of facts and research because you are writing an informative essay, not a persuasive one.
Many initiatives are in place to curb gun violence in the United States, which contribute to good ideas for essay writing. One thing you can consider is whether or not these rules work. Do criminals follow gun laws, or does limiting the number of guns in the community impact rates of violence?
This essay or research paper topic needs to have plenty of facts, especially because it is controversial. Research the truth behind gun control laws to come to a conclusion that serves as your thesis statement, then back that statement up with facts.
Tip: If writing an essay sounds like a lot of work, simplify it. Write a simple 5 paragraph essay instead.
If you’re still stuck, check out our available resource of essay writing topics .
Join over 15,000 writers today
Get a FREE book of writing prompts and learn how to make more money from your writing.
Success! Now check your email to claim your prompts.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
Nicole Harms has been writing professionally since 2006. She specializes in education content and real estate writing but enjoys a wide gamut of topics. Her goal is to connect with the reader in an engaging, but informative way. Her work has been featured on USA Today, and she ghostwrites for many high-profile companies. As a former teacher, she is passionate about both research and grammar, giving her clients the quality they demand in today's online marketing world.
View all posts
- Grades 6-12
- School Leaders
Get our fun, free money lessons. Games, interactive whiteboard activities, and more!
70+ Fascinating Informative Essay Topics for Kids and Teens
Tell them what you know.
Informative essays are a chance to show what you know. They’re all about informing the reader, without trying to persuade or offer an opinion. Informative writing can include how-to process essays, biographical writing, an in-depth analysis of a topic, research papers, or compare-and-contrast essays . Just remember to stick to the facts, and be clear and descriptive. These informative essay topics offer something for all interests and ages.
How-To Informative Essay Topics
Social studies informative essay topics, science informative essay topics, pop culture informative essay topics.
Teach your reader the steps or process to:
- Cook a recipe
- Set a table
- Make a quilt
- Change a tire
- Start a recycling program
- Play a game
- Build a birdhouse
- Plant a garden
- Make and care for a compost pile
- Care for an animal
- Start a business
- Catch a fish
- Tie a necktie
- Train for a marathon
- Prepare a campsite
- Make a campfire
- Clean a room
- Wrap a gift
- Plan a party
- Kick a bad habit
- Use social media responsibly
- Manage time effectively
- Make a budget
- Describe the life of a world leader.
- How has the role of women in the workplace changed in the last hundred years?
- Explore the current path to becoming an American citizen.
- What are some of the possible ways the pyramids were built?
- Describe a time period in history.
- How does one country’s economy affect another country?
- What is the difference between socialism and communism?
- Explore the benefits and drawbacks of legalizing drugs.
- Describe the political system in a foreign country.
- Explore the causes of a specific war or armed conflict in history.
- How is a new law passed in the United States?
- Give an overview of the history of any country, state, or city.
- Describe the three branches of American government.
- Explain how the American judicial system works.
- Describe the evolution of fashion throughout history.
- Describe a science experiment, including the hypothesis, process, and conclusion.
- Explain what it means to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- What is the relationship between calories and fat?
- What is the physics behind a bicycle?
- How do plants convert sunlight into energy?
- Describe any element from the periodic table, including its makeup and uses.
- What is the difference between a crocodile and an alligator?
- Describe the life cycle of any animal.
- What are the benefits of recycling?
- Describe the life of a prominent scientist.
- Explain what E = mc 2 means.
- Describe any disease, including its symptoms and treatments.
- Why do leaves change color in the fall?
- Explain the difference between climate and weather.
- Describe a specific ecosystem, including the plants and animals that live there.
- Describe the history of video games.
- What are recent trends in the video game industry?
- Describe your favorite superhero.
- Explain the motivations of any fictional villain.
- Describe the life of your favorite celebrity.
- Explore the development and growth of a main character in any book series.
- Describe the process of making a movie or TV show.
- Tell the story of any band, including its founding, successes and challenges, and breakup (if applicable).
- Describe the life of a famous artist.
- Explore the history of Disney World (or any theme park).
- Plan the perfect fantasy football league team.
- Describe popular trends and fads from any decade.
- Explore the history of the Olympics.
- Describe the music of a generation and how it reflected that time.
- Explain the history of the internet.
What are some of your favorite informative essay topics? Come share your ideas in the WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the big list of essay topics for high school (100+ ideas).
You Might Also Like
75 Creative Fifth Grade Writing Prompts (Free Slides!)
Get them excited to write every day! Continue Reading
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. 101 JFK Parkway | Short Hills, NJ | 07078 | (973) 921-5500
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
125 Informative Essay Topics Examples and Writing Prompts
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
Coming up with the best informative essay topic for an assignment often seems more daunting than it is. After all, in its nature, the informative essay is a curiosity essay – it answers the questions “why”, “how”, “when”, “what”. We ask questions like “How does X work?” or “What causes Y?” all the time. Of course, you should always consider who will read your essay and how knowledgeable you’re expected to be on the subject. But once you’re familiar with the guidelines for your assignment, you should be able to find inspiration all around you.
However, if you’re pressed for time and can’t explore your surroundings or social media for appropriate questions that will make a good essay topic for your informative essay, we have prepared a comprehensive guide with 125 example essay topics to help your inspiration flow.
In this article:
What is the goal of the informative essay?
How to choose a good essay topic for an informative essay, how to come up with an original essay topic, informative research paper topics, informative essay topics for college, informative essay topics for high school, controversial informative essay topics, interesting informative essay topics, advanced essay topics for an informative essay, informative essay topics for teenagers, political informative essay topics, informative essay topics about environmental issues, how to choose an informative essay topic.
If you’ve never written an informative essay before, you might be wondering how it differs from other essay types and why it follows a specific topic format.
The informative essay (sometimes called “expository” essay) is the least “essay-like” variety of writing you could encounter. In fact, it’s closer to a research paper and the academic style, than the typical creative form of other essays. Unlike the narrative essay or the descriptive essay, in which the author is invited to introspect and discuss their personal experiences and inner life, the goal of the informative essay is to educate the reader about a particular subject. It aims to be objective and demonstrate the author’s knowledge about their chosen topic. This also makes the informative essay different from the argumentative essay. Remember, the aim of an argumentative essay is to present and argue a personal opinion or one’s position on an issue.
That said, there are several tell-tale signs that an essay topic would be great for an informative essay.
- Does it answer a non-directional question?
Typically, a non-directional question is exploring something. This could be a social issue, a cause-and-effect relationship, a concept, a theory, a process, and so on. More importantly, these types of questions do not ask the author to pick a side and to argue . Instead, they ask for examination and analysis of a subject.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
A good example of an informative essay topic of this type would be “What is social security?” or “How do social security benefits work?” or even “What is the history of basketball?” These questions don’t ask the author to take a stance on an issue. The difference with argumentative topics like “Should immigrants receive healthcare?” now seems pretty obvious, isn’t it?
Essentially, if the essay question you’re considering has one of these question words: what, where, how, why, and when, then it’s likely a good candidate for an informative essay topic.
- Does it ask you to compare and contrast?
An alternative approach to the informative essay is framing the topic as a compare-and-contrast. This invites the author to demonstrate their detailed understanding of the subject by elucidating subtle similarities, differences, misconceptions, and discussing information that is not typically available to the wider public.
- Does it ask you to discuss pros and cons?
Choosing a compare-and-contrast informative essay topic, means analyzing the subject from at least two opposing viewpoints. This further corroborates that the primary goal of an informative essay is developing and logically showing familiarity with the topic.
Pros and cons essay topics are easy to spot (and come up with). Just look for the on-the-nose phrasing, for example, “What are the pros and cons of…” or “Discuss to arguments for and against…”. If the question is not this clearly stated, look for language that asks you to evaluate, analyze, or examine two sides of a conflict.
As we mentioned in the beginning, “the great outside” is a great place to find a question for an informative essay topic. In addition, we suggest that you try engaging with the following:
- History and popular science books are good for “analyzing” or “what caused” types of essay topics; comparison is also easily idone when we are viewing things in hindsight.
- Documentaries are excellent for “how it works” and “why it happens” essay topics.
- Quora, Reddit, and other social media platforms can be an invaluable source of issues on current affairs. Usually, it’s easy to get contrasting views on a subject just by checking comments and replies and therefore find inspiration for a compare-and-contrast or pros-and-cons essay there.
If you’re still unsure whether the topic you have in mind is a good topic for your essay, consider our upcoming comprehensive list of informative essay topic examples.
Hint : if that doesn’t work, take a look at our argumentative research paper topics list . If there’s something that interests you, you can rewrite the question so it’s suitable for an informative essay by following the above-mentioned guidelines.
Depending on whether you’re writing an essay for college or for high school or middle school, the expectations on length and expertise can vary massively. Although sometimes the terms “essay” and “research paper” are used interchangeably, if you’re required to write a longer piece, consider choosing a topic that would require more research. Good news, those are more fun, too!
Our ideas for informative research topics explore subjects like history of music, psychology, and politics. Often, writing a good paper on these topics would require a more creative approach to research, including analyzing data yourself, so start writing on these only if you have enough time to devote.
1. What are the factors that lead to the obesity crisis in the United States?
2. What was considered as pop music through the ages?
3. What are the factors that cause inflation and who benefits from it?
4. What factors have led to the opioid crisis in the United States?
5. What is confirmation bias and how does it impact our ability to find objective truth?
6. What are the factors that led to the homelessness crisis in the United States?
7. How did India’s caste system emerge and what are the economic and social implications for people today?
8. How does long-term memory work and why shouldn’t we trust memories?
9. What is the role of women in early civilizations?
10. Compare the purchasing power of the last three generations; how does it differ and what factors contribute to this?
Informative essays are a very popular assignment at college level, and they typically focus on the material in the syllabus. Therefore, the example essay topics we’re suggesting are taking into consideration the knowledge level of first and second-year college students. If you’re looking for more advanced writing prompts, consider our list of argumentative research papers , especially the challenging topic examples.
1. How do psychedelic drugs “change” our minds?
2. How would universal basic income work?
3. What is the Marxist philosophy?
4. What is object-oriented programming and how did it change the world of IT?
5. What are heuristics and how do they influence/inform decision making?
6. What is the caliphate?
7. Compare and contrast the political ideas of the Greek and Roman leaders
8. How is black hair different from white hair and why is this difference important?
9. How does positive reinforcement differ from negative reinforcement? Discuss the pros and cons of both in different contexts (e.g., parenting, machine learning, pet training, etc.)
10. What is universal grammar?
11. What is the mind-body problem?
12. What is free will?
13. Why do we experience attraction and what happens in our bodies when we do?
14. What are cognitive biases and are they helpful or harmful?
15. Compare existentialism and essentialism
Developing critical thinking cannot start soon enough and high school is the perfect time for students to engage in structured debate and analytical discussions. Research, concise and coherent writing style, and a keen eye for patterns are invaluable tools for a good presentation. Informative essay topics are an ideal method to develop these skills in students. In fact, compare and contrast, cause and effect, and exposition-style topics on current issues are typical examples of high-school level essay prompts. To browse more essay topic ideas specifically on cause and effect, you can find a dedicated list here .
If you’re looking for great topics examples for verbal debate, explore our library of debate topics here.
1. What is the history of AI?
2. What is the earliest word?
3. What is the history and evolution of coronaviruses?
4. What is anarchism?
5. What is political correctness?
6. Compare and contrast the doctrines of Islam and Christianity
7. Compare and contrast a two-party political system and a multi-party system.
8. What is the history of the European Union?
9. What is the history of the vaccine?
10. Why do people procrastinate?
11. How does a quantum computer work?
12. How to invest in cryptocurrency?
13. What are the moral considerations about self-driving cars?
14. What is machine learning and how do machines learn?
15. What are the pros and cons of traditional vs Minerva-type of education?
Have you ever wanted to join a conversation about a controversial issue, but lacked the relevant examples to back up your position? (The author of this article has.) Whether you’re a reading/writing learner, or prefer to find your truth in a debate, writing on controversial topics is an extremely effective way to become familiar with key arguments and counter arguments. In addition, since the informative essay requires an objective approach, whereas writing on a controversial topic typically evokes a strong emotional reaction, tackling such issues helps students hone their writing and thinking abilities.
1. Who are “incels” and what is the evidence that this subculture has given rise to terrorist ideology?
2. How do corporations profit from prison labor?
3. Discuss the historical roots of transhumanism.
4. What are the pros and cons of mandatory paternity leave?
5. Why do men have nipples?
6. What is China’s one child policy and what makes it controversial, especially in comparison to alternative approaches to family planning?
7. How is sex discrimination manifested in higher or specialized education?
8. What is the Tuskegee syphilis study and what wider observation can be drawn from it?
9. How do major crises in the United States affect xenophobia and what’s the role of the government in these attitudes?
10. What has Covid-19 shown us about systematic racism in the United States?
If you’ve looked for informative essay topic ideas in your immediate surroundings, such as asking friends for help, looking through social media, or being truly inquisitive about the state of things on your way to school, you may have missed some unique essay prompts. We’ve tried to remedy this by compiling a list of (mostly) truly unique essay topics of our own concerning art, business, biology, and culture. We advise students who choose to write about one of the following topics, to approach it with heightened curiosity and a great open mind.
1. What is the history of the birthday celebration?
2. Where and when did the anti-vax movement originate?
3. How does music affect brain function and emotion?
4. How is evil coded in movies?
5. What role does color play in cinematic storytelling?
6. What is the history of animation and how did it evolve?
7. What do bees do all day?
8. Why does Australia have more venomous animals than Iceland?
9. Why do metronomes synchronize and how is this relevant to our lives?
10. Why do people have non-laborious animals?
11. How did Amazon’s business model evolve?
12. How and why do birds of paradise differ from migratory birds in terms of mating habits?
13. Why is the death of one person more impactful than the death of thousands?
14. How do plants communicate?
15. Why do many major services transition to a subscription model payment?
To write an impactful essay requires a proportionate effort and a compelling topic. Luckily, because of their factual nature, informative essays are excellent vessels for strong academic writing and clear argument structure. That said, the topic ideas here demand meticulous research and attention to detail to yield an effective piece.
To find an expanded list of advanced essay topic examples, visit our argumentative research paper topic list or college essay topics list .
1. What is language (as opposed to a dialect)?
2. What are the linguistic and social challenges Deaf people face?
3. What is game theory and how does it apply to the fields of economy and evolution
4. What is Simpson’s paradox and how is it relevant to the way we understand data in news and media?
5. What role has philosophy played for the advancement of science?
6. What is the role of art in times of crises?
7. What are dreams and why do we have them according to different cultures?
8. What can we learn from nervous systems that are different to mammals?
9. What is the attitude towards surrogacy in different countries, including the perspective of the surrogate mothers?
10. What does a national dish say about a country’s history or cultural heritage?
11. The Agricultural revolution is discussed as both a blessing and a curse to the human race. Why is that?
12. Compare three social apps of your choice and discuss the amount of personal data each one offers access to.
13. Why do some anthropologists argue that early humans practiced polygamy and raised children in a communal manner, while others insist that monogamy is inherent to human nature?
14. What are the differences and similarities between the social structures of social insects (like ants and bees) and the societal structures of humans?
15. What is the role of AI in creativity?
Originally called “easy”, this category includes essay topic ideas that are suitable for teenagers and middle school students. These are topic examples that inform the younger essayist about relevant concepts but are also fun and develop general knowledge.
Please note that this list is specifically compiled to help students write a good informative essay. If you’re looking for more teenage-appropriate essay topic ideas, explore our library of controversial essay topics for teens .
1. Who were the suffragettes?
2. Why and how are the first 12 years of a child’s life exceptionally formative?
3. What is the difference between England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom?
4. Discuss the pros and cons of caffeine intake
5. What is daylight savings?
6. What is the history of Santa Claus?
7. What are the pros and cons of attending a liberal arts college?
8. Why do non-athletic sports such as chess, speed cubing, or online gaming qualify as sports?
9. What are the most common fears (and why)?
10. What are the pros and cons of starting higher education immediately after graduating high school?
11. How do spiritual practices (e.g., yoga and meditation) improve mental and physical health?
12. Why can’t some animals be domesticated?
13. What is gaslighting and how to recognize this behavior?
14. Why is social media linked to increased anxiety in specific age groups?
15. Why are human beings the deadliest species on our planet?
For those of you who’ve chosen to study political science or international relations in higher education, this list may seem like an oversimplification of issues. However, the essay topic prompts we’ve considered here aim to help students develop fundamental understanding of core political entities and key practices, and are best suited for senior high school students or first year college students.
To do well on an informative essay on these topics, you should consult original sources as well as different authoritative interpretations of these texts. It will also be beneficial to become familiar with the subject vernacular; sources like The Economist and The New York Times are a great start for this.
1. What is the history of the LGBT movement in the US?
2. What is election hacking?
3. What is gerrymandering and what are its effects?
4. How does the Electoral College work?
5. Discuss the pros and cons of a capitalist system
6. What does it mean to go bankrupt?
7. Who do countries owe their national debt to?
8. What is the difference between Federal land and State land?
9. Discuss the pros and cons of different voting methods (e.g., voting by mail, machine voting, etc.)
10. Why do filibusters exist and what are their applications (and to what results)?
11. Discuss instances of when music was used as a political weapon (i.e., for propaganda, or to glorify certain liberties)
12. When does a market crash occur and why?
13. Define the three waves of feminism; is there a fourth?
14. What is the difference between liberalism and libertarianism?
15. What is the difference between radical politics and extremism?
It could be discouraging to know that the climate is changing whether we like it or not. But it could also be empowering to consider our role in these changes, both positive and negative. Interestingly, the environment is one of the best suited subjects for the informative essay format. This is because nature is impartial and there is little conflict regarding the role of human intervention in its natural course. In addition, much of the literature is observational, rather than speculatory (unlike, for example, in philosophy, psychology, economics, etc.), which makes writing about one of these topics easier.
Of course, writing about environmental issues is an extremely effective way to develop sustainable habits and minimize our negative impact.
1. Why are ice caps important?
2. How did vegan diets become popular?
3. What is greenwashing and how do brands benefit from it?
4. Compare and contrast electric, hybrid, petrol, and diesel cars and discuss which is better for the environment
5. How does eating affect brain chemistry and how to eat better “brain” foods?
6. What would the extinction of bees mean for life on our planet?
7. How does climate change affect aquamarine life?
8. Who is at risk from the planet’s diminishing water supplies?
9. Discuss the pros and cons of industrial farming
10. What are the effects of a global pandemic like Covid-19 on biodiversity?
11. What are three direct and indirect effects of pollution?
12. How are greenhouse generated?
13. What is anthropogenic climate change and how does it directly affect humans?
14. What is the promise of “clean tech”?
15. Compare and contrast three environmental NGOs and their impact.
105 Original Argumentative Research Paper Topics to Inspire You
151 Interesting Narrative Essay Topics and Examples
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class