- Essay Writer Service >
- Topic Collections
120 Descriptive Essay Topics to Spark Your Creativity
Writing a descriptive essay is a creative task. It requires using sensory language and expressive means, such as similes, metaphors, personifications, etc., for creating a vivid description of an object, place, person, or experience. The best descriptive essays are usually based on the writer's personal lived reality. However, some good descriptive essay topics require research and imagination to explore. Your instructors might give you one of such assignments to see how well you have absorbed class materials and how confident you are with the knowledge.
Finding a suitable topic to explore is no mean feat. With this blog, we hope to help you with the task. Below, you will find 120 topics grouped by a common theme and academic level they are suitable for. Some of the ideas for descriptive essays are linked to full samples in our free database. Read them to understand descriptive writing better and maybe borrow a trick or two to make your own essay even more compelling.
How to Choose a Descriptive Essay Topic
Before we proceed to our descriptive essay topics list, let's first prime you on brainstorming the ideas and finding suitable topics independently.
The first thing you need to ask yourself is, "What are my limits?" Are you free to use your imagination, or are you restricted to the facts you have witnessed? For example, for your history class, they might ask you to write a descriptive essay of an archeological site you've been digging. That would be a description based on your experience. However, they could also ask you to reconstruct the site and describe what it could look like centuries ago. That would be an assignment based on research but also requiring your imagination and creativity.
With that in mind, you need to inspect what resources you have at your disposal. If you have to base your essay on research, look at what literature you have readily available. If sources abound, you can narrow your topic down for a more efficient search. If, however, the information is scarce, scale up a bit to find more data.
If you have to write a description based on your experience, the best strategy for a good descriptive essay topic would be to go for something that made a strong impression on you. This way, it would be easier to create a powerful description from memory. Also, make sure you touch on points relevant to your class or this particular assignment. For example, you need to write about the importance of emotional intelligence in your practice as a nurse. For this, you must select a case that is both memorable to you and relevant to the topic.
Descriptive Essay Topics for Middle School
First, let us zero in on the academic level. Here are some fun descriptive paper ideas suitable for middle-school students. Some of the suggestions are easy; others are more challenging. However, they all provide an opportunity to give a colorful description and tell a story through images.
- Describe your favorite animal
- Describe a fantastical journey through a human body affected by fast food
- My last weekend and how I spent it
- Describe the dawn or the sunset
- Describe your pet (or your friend's pet if you don't keep pets)
- Describe your favorite item of clothing
- Describe your last weekend
- Describe the best journey you ever had
- Describe your best friend
- Describe your classroom
- Describe your street
- Describe your house
Descriptive Essay Topics for High School Students
If you have been given a descriptive writing assignment but no prompt hinting what to write a descriptive essay on, try these suggestions. Feel free to change them. Treat them as brainstorm starters.
- A childhood memory that stuck with you
- A time you lost someone dear to you and how you persevered
- What are your personal reactions to The Princess Bride movie ? Be descriptive.
- Retell Frankenstein from the POV of the Creature
- Describe your family home
- Describe the last party you've been to
- Describe a book character (how you picture them based on the information from the book)
- Describe waking up early
- Describe your favorite smell
- Describe a chance encounter that left a lasting impression
- Describe the most fun activity you have ever participated in
- Describe a thing that annoys you the most. What makes it so noxious?
Descriptive Essay Topics for College Students
As a college student, you must be looking for more original topics to write a descriptive essay on since you've most likely already explored the easier ones from above. Look in this section or further – in the thematic groups. Read the papers attached as examples if the topic interests you but seems too challenging. Also, don't forget that you can get personalized essay writing help for any type of assignment – creative descriptions included.
- Describe your favorite place on campus
- Describe your experience with contemplating art
- Describe a hot day
- Describe events from The Great Gatsby from an unconventional POV
- Describe a vivid childhood memory
- Describe a gathering (a club meeting, a political rally, etc.)
- Describe a construction site
- Describe a frightening experience you went through
- Describe building a healthy habit (or breaking a bad one)
- Describe a wedding you have attended
- Describe a trip home during the break
- Describe your new room away from home
Descriptive Essay Ideas About an Object
Describing an object is probably on the easier side of this assignment. However, with these original descriptive writing topics, an essay about an ordinary thing can be just as impressive and sophisticated as a description of unique experiences.
- My notebook
- Describe a tool you use every day and its importance
- The thing that has shaped your childhood
- Describe your most treasured possession
- Describe a piece of jewelry you wish you owned
- Describe a thing that has a story attached to it (a family heirloom, a museum exhibit, a memento, etc.)
- Describe your favorite piece of furniture
- Describe a thing that used to scare you as a child
- Judge a book by its cover: pick up and describe a book you've never read
- Describe a remarkable door
- You are living in the Iron Age. Describe the most valuable thing you own
- Describe an item that belongs to a friend or a family member. What can it tell about its owner?
Topics for a Descriptive Essay About an Experience
Speaking of experiences. If you are tired of well-thumbed issues like triumphs and defeats, choose your next topic for a descriptive essay from the list below. Write a different story that is meaningful and impactful.
- Describe how you tried something for the first time
- Describe a music concert or a festival you've been to
- Describe the feelings of an unfairly incarcerated person
- Describe a difficult situation that taught you something valuable
- Describe living through a natural disaster
- Describe the feeling of sorrow
- Describe your experience watching a classic movie
- Describe how you combat stress
- Describe the sadness of leaving
- Describe recovering from an illness
- Do you remember how you learned reading? Tell about the experience
- Describe your visit to a beauty salon or a barbershop
Examples of Descriptive Essay Topics About a Place
Descriptive paper topics suggested below give you only a general direction for your thoughts. In contrast, a sample attached to each title describes a concrete and very specific place. That is why we advise you to explore the attached pieces for more inspiration.
- Write about a public place that continues to evoke powerful, emotional memories for you
- Describe a restaurant in your area
- Describe a house
- Describe your hometown
- Describe ocean shore
- Describe a museum or an art gallery you've attended
- Describe a park or a natural spot you like
- Describe your favorite place on earth
- Describe the best place to study
- Imagine a public space designed for teens. Describe it. Where would you place it?
- Do you remember your first trip out of town? Where did you go? Be descriptive.
- Describe a place where you feel most safe
Interesting Descriptive Essay Topics About a Person
Describing a person is not an easy task, especially if you need to remain neutral and objective. These topics for descriptive essays about people will be an excellent exercise for you.
- Describe a person from your class that you find interesting
- Describe a person you have helped recently
- Describe a stranger who showed you kindness
- Describe one of your parents
- The most unforgettable person in your life
- Describe a person you can call your mentor
- Describe your professor
- Describe someone you see often but not acquainted with (a cash-desk clerk, a bus driver, a dog-walker from your street, etc.)
- Describe a celebrity you find the most inspiring
- Describe a fictional character you had a crush on
- Describe an influential political figure of today
- If you could interview any historical personality, who would it be? Describe them
Descriptive Essay Topics About Art, Culture, and Esthetics
The area we have outlined in the subheading is vast, so these topics are there to give your creativity a little nudge. Play with them and transform them to suit your assignment.
- Describe a cultural artifact (a sculpture, a painting, a museum exhibit, etc.)
- Describe a creative work you have produced
- A documentary that fascinated you
- Describe an impact of a poetic work on you
- Describe characters on your favorite TV show
- Describe a dance show
- Describe a thing you would call kitschy. Explain your choice
- Describe a ceremony or a ritual you partook in
- Describe a night in a movie theater from the perspective of a first-time goer
- Describe a consumer good from the point of view of its esthetic value
- Describe a building. What's its purpose? How is it conveyed through architecture?
- Describe a historical costume representative of a particular era
Imaginative Topics for a Unique Descriptive Essay
How about running away with your imagination and creating something that doesn't exist? No one said that your description must be documental.
- If you could rule the world, how would it look like? Describe your perfect vision
- Describe the art to an alien
- Describe how your childhood experiences have formed your personality
- Describe a magical creature you wish existed
- Describe a robot you could befriend
- Describe an ordinary day from the point of view of an inanimate object
- Describe a technological artifact from another planet
- Describe a day in a park without using sight
- Describe a sci-fi landscape
- Describe an immortal being
- Describe flying over your hometown
- Describe turning into an animal
Descriptive Essay Topics About Business and Technology
Serious topics can be approached creatively as well. Descriptive essays give a human dimension to business and tech – which is always good for a better understanding their purposes.
- Internet hoaxes you've come across
- Describe a product to a potential consumer
- Describe your short-term (3 years) career goals
- Describe customer experience in a chain restaurant or reseller's
- Describe an innovative shop window display
- Describe your workday or shift
- Describe a place of work you see yourself in 5 years
- Describe an ergonomic design you admired
- Describe a perfect gadget that doesn't exist yet
- Describe your first computer
- Describe a technology that should replace human labor. Why would it be better this way?
- Describe an item that will be in each household twenty years from now
If one of the topics above caught your fancy, but there is no sample, don't despair. We can write one exclusively for you. Moreover, if you have written a draft but you think it could be more expressive and vivid, send it to us for editing, and we will make it shine!
Jana Rooheart came to WOWESSAYS™ with a mission to put together and then slice and dice our vast practical experience in crafting all kinds of academic papers. Jana is an aspired blogger with rich expertise in psychology, digital learning tools, and creative writing. In this blog, she willingly shares tricks of pencraft and mind-altering ideas about academic writing any student will find utterly beneficial.
Share with friends using:
275 words = 1 page double-spaced
Recently Uploaded Samples
Password recovery email has been sent to [email protected]
Use your new password to log in
You are not register!
Now you can download documents directly to your device!
Check your email! An email with your password has already been sent to you! Now you can download documents directly to your device.
The sample is NOT original!
Short on a deadline?
Don't waste time. Get help with 11% off using code - GETWOWED
No, thanks! I'm fine with missing my deadline
Essay Writing Guide
Interesting Essay Topics to Ensure A Better Grade
25 min read
Published on: Sep 16, 2017
Last updated on: May 26, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Essays are hard to start.
It's especially challenging when you have to keep track of all the things your professor wants in your paper
Essay assignments can be confusing and overwhelming. There are so many different types of essays, and each professor seems to have a different set of requirements. You might feel like you have too many options or are unsure of what the professor is looking for.
With over 380+ topics to choose from, you're sure to find one that fits your assignment perfectly. Our extensive list of essay topics has everything you need to get started on your next writing project. From fresh, innovative ideas to classic prompts, we have it all covered. Whatever type of essay you're looking to write, we have a topic for you.
Let's dive right in!
Tips for Choosing the Best Topics
The topic of your essay is the most important part. If your topic is not good, it will be hard to write a good paper.
The best topics are the ones you can easily write about. When choosing your essay topic, think about your audience.
If your audience doesn't know a lot about the topic, don't choose a topic that is too technical or specialized. Also, think about what would be interesting for your readers. What would they like to learn about?
The following essay topic ideas will help you impress your teacher and get a better score.
- The current COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on families
- Coronavirus and its medication
- How does coronavirus damage a person's health?
- How did the world change after the coronavirus?
- Negative side effects of Covid-19
- Everything you need to know about the coronavirus
- How did Covid-19 impact businesses?
- What medicines are good for coronavirus?
- How does covid-19 lead to cabin fever and anxiety symptoms?
Essay Topics for Different Types of Essays
For writing an essay , the first step is to decide on the topic.
You might think that it is better when teachers assign you a topic. But having the right to come up with your own ideas is always better.
Here you can find interesting topics and ideas for different types of essays to help you get started.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- Education should be made free for everyone.
- Junk food is the primary culprit behind obesity in US
- Internet access to students should be limited.
- Does asking someone to reduce weight equate to body shaming?".
- Should physical education be mandatory for college students?
- Does the keto diet leads to weight loss in a healthy manner
- Is golf still a popular sport?
- Should death penalties be implemented in every country?
- Sports players on steroids should be banned.
- Should kids be allowed to adopt e-gaming as a progressive career?
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
- Do you hate your favorite childhood superhero now?
- What’s better: a hot dog, a delicious sandwich, or a burger?
- Is the body or the mind primary?
- Do you think that drug use should be legalized?
- It is a crime to eat french fries without ketchup
- Is Nutella the best sandwich spread ever made?
- Fast food is making America fat.
- Taking candy from a baby.
- Are the gender equality rules at the school fair?
- Is the common core good for students?
Looking for more argument essay topics? We have a detailed list of more good argumentative essay topics for your help.
Persuasive Essay Topics
- Contemporary exams do not match the student’s ability.
- Soda should not be given to children in restaurants.
- Women should be allowed to breastfeed in public.
- The internet was created to perform social engineering in societies
- Parents should be responsible when it comes to providing their children with a healthy diet.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- The drinking age should be raised.
- Gender identity is determined when a child is young.
- Same-sex marriages should be made legal all around the world.
- Illegal immigrants should not be sent to jail.
Explore our detailed guide on persuasive essay topics and find a hot topic or a good idea for your paper.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Advertising influences brand image.
- Insomnia influences a person’s cognitive ability.
- How exercising regularly helps reduce stress.
- Cause and effect of poverty.
- Effect of school bullying on children.
- Uber’s influence on taxi drivers.
- Cause and effect of the internet on the promotion of social programs.
- Optimal Omega-3 intake leads to better heart health
- What are the causes of terrorism?
- Effects of professional sports on children.
Related: Cause and Effect Essay Topics - 100+ Ideas for Your Essay
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- College versus junior high.
- Unemployed students versus students who work.
- Washington versus Lincoln.
- Burger versus pizza.
- English versus Maths.
- Movies versus Television shows.
- Comparison between an apple and an orange.
- Coke or Pepsi.
- The sun or the moon.
- Popcorn or Nachos.
If you need more ideas, here are some interesting compare contrast essay topics for your help.
Narrative Essay Topics
- Memories from your first day of school.
- The day when you got your dog.
- Your favorite movie and why?
- Memories from the day the power was out.
- A day at the amusement park.
- A sad experience with someone you care about.
- The day you experienced a historic event.
- An act of kindness.
- A time when you got lost in a mall.
- Your most disappointing birthday.
Related: Interesting Narrative Essay Topics For Your Essay
Expository Essay Topics
- A social issue that has impacted our society drastically.
- Why do women choose to continue an abusive relationship?
- The instances where people face gender discrimination in the workplace.
- How do people become racist without being unaware?
- Which religion will you introduce to your children?
- What materials can be used in building a sustainable structure?
- If you could create a cure for one disease, what would it be?
- Which country will you repeatedly visit and the reason behind it?
- How does pop music impact our way of our life?
- The sales and production of tobacco should be made illegal.
Here are some more interesting expository essay topics for your help.
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Topics
- "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls.
- "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson.
- "The Revenant" By Michael Punke.
- "Witches Loaves" By O'Henry.
- Tintern Abbey in Pride and Prejudice.
- "Yes, Please" By Amy Poehler.
- Analyse Edgar Allen Poe’s poem ‘Raven.’
- "Success Strategies” by David Oedepo
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
The best way to write an interesting essay is by choosing one of our many rhetorical analysis essay topics .
Analytical Essay Topics
- The impact of Martin Luther King's speech “I have a dream” on modern American politics
- The significance of Pablo Picasso's artwork “The Old Guitarist”
- Important characteristics of Denzel Washington Speech at the University Of Pennsylvania
- Impact of the psychoanalytic theory on modern psychology
- The impact of Romeo and Juliet on the modern concept of love
- The significance of national security strategy 2018 on great power politics
- How does the author's treatment of the subject matter in “The Catcher in the Rye” differ from that in “The Great Gatsby”?
- How are the characters in “To Kill a Mockingbird” used to illustrate different aspects of racial prejudice in America during the 1930s?
- How is the treatment of love different in Shakespeare's “Romeo and Juliet” and “Othello”?
- How does the author use symbolism to develop the theme of good vs. evil in “The Scarlet Letter”?
Follow the link to get some more ideas and interesting analytical essay topics to begin writing.
Descriptive Essay Topics
- A painting.
- A best friend.
- A dream apartment.
- The beautiful moment of your life.
- A day at work.
- A life-changing experience.
- Last day at school.
- Your lucky charm.
- A class reunion.
- My favorite singer.
Our essay writers have gathered a huge list of descriptive essay topics ideas for your help. Give it a thorough read.
Informative Essay Topics
- The education system is changing.
- Why we should be worried about global warming.
- How many planets are in space?
- Effects of global warming.
- Can wild animals become pets?
- The cost of college textbooks.
- How to reduce stress.
- The influence of modern art.
- Alcohol and the nervous system.
- Famous Fast food chains and their business model
You can choose from a wide variety of interesting informative essay topics to meet your needs.
Definition Essay Topics
- What is dreaming?
- What is climate change?
- Define true happiness.
- What does love mean?
- What is global warming? And how can it be stopped?
- What is pro-choice and pro-life?
- What are communism and capitalism?
- What are the characteristics of good mental health?
- What is e-learning and what are its pros and cons?
- Define sportsmanship.
Problem Solution Essay Topics
- How to prevent social media bullying?
- How to help a depressed person?
- How texting affects face-to-face relationships?
- How to prevent injuries in sports?
- How can parents teach their children about time management?
- How to deal with manipulative and dominating people?
- How can schools and colleges be made safer?
- How to prevent deaths due to drunk driving?
- How to help families with a child with mental illness?
- How to stop violence in schools?
Personal Essay Topics
- A person you admire the most.
- Are you addicted to games?
- How did you learn to draw?
- What is your life’s goal?
- Things you hate the most?
- Why do I prefer online shopping?
- Your biggest achievement.
- What does success mean to you?
- What annoys you the most?
- Why is volunteering important?
Proposal Essay Topics
- In what ways can we reduce obesity?
- How to encourage children to be more active in extracurricular activities?
- How should students be graded?
- How to manage food resources correctly.
- How can we stop desertification?
- How to reduce underemployment?
- How can technology be used to save the environment?
- What measures should be taken to avoid the next economic crisis?
- What is the best way to discipline kids?
- Effects of unemployment.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Evaluation Essay Topics
- The dip in Manchester United's performance after the exit of Sir Alex Ferguson
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of American secondary education.
- Evaluate the early and later music career of Micheal Jackson
- Modern and ancient arts: differences and similarities.
- Analyse the consequences of cultural shock.
- What is the difference between European and American curricula?
- Impact of social media on social relationships.
- Traditional relationships vs. online relationships.
- The impact of socioeconomic inequalities on modern American political fault lines
- Impact of Pearl harbor incidence on World War II
Process Analysis Essay Topics
- How to start a blog?
- How to set up your own website?
- How to plan the perfect birthday party?
- How to use social sites sensibly?
- How to end a bad relationship?
- How to write a book?
- How to make money online?
- How to start losing weight in 30 days?
- How to apply for an internship?
- How to find a perfect job?
The best way to write an essay is by coming up with a topic that you're passionate about. If your interests are narrow, then be sure to check out some other process analysis essay topics for inspiration!
Illustration Essay Topics
- Describe how you would make a decision about what career to choose.
- Illustrate the importance of learning different languages.
- Is it possible that there is life on other planets? Explain.
- What is the best way to revitalize your hometown?
- Can women do everything that men can do? What’s your point of view?
- Describe the benefits of playing video games?
- Describe the elements of a sincere apology.
- Describe why people get married?
- Describe how movies influence your look at life.
- Write about your best friend.
If you're stuck on what topic to write about, check out these creative and engaging illustration essay topics .
Exploratory Essay Topics
- What are the benefits of online dating?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How safe is nuclear energy?
- What should be the role of a woman in society?
- What are the challenges of raising a kid as a single parent?
- What are the effects of early marriages?
- The effect of reality tv shows on society
- Is a long-distance relationship effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of globalization.
- The aftermath of the Tsunami.
Classification Essay Topics
- Types of eating disorders.
- Types of Facebook users.
- Different types of video games.
- Different types of students in college.
- Types of self-help strategies for stress and depression.
- Different types of political systems.
- Teaching strategies in high school.
- Types of exercises to lose weight easily.
- Home remedies for acne.
- Types of phobias.
We hope that by now you have a good topic for your essay. If not, check out these other classification essay topics .
Synthesis Essay Topics
- The Electoral College as a tool to determine the outcome of Presidential elections.
- Predicting animal adaptation by examining various evolutionary theories.
- A side-by-side analysis of the theories behind JFK's shooting
- Economic and social impacts of proposed legislation by Donald Trump
- Comparing plans to attract more visitors and create business opportunities.
- Examining crime rates in urban locations and the countryside
- Analysis of different theories on the causes of the Great Depression
- An account of the American Civil War from historical texts
- A synthesis of different theories of motivation to create behavioral change
- A unified approach to managing diabetes by examining global research from around the world
- The scientific method as a means of acquiring knowledge
We hope that you will find the perfect topic for your essay. If there's a specific kind of subject matter which interests you, be sure to check out more synthesis essay topics .
Good Essay Topics for Students
The following are lists of ideas for essays on various topics for students.
Essay Topics for Kids
- Environmental pollution
- Internet and its usage
- Importance of friends
- My favorite book
- Global warming
- Your favorite fruit
- Life without a mobile phone
- What is the use of a computer?
- Computer and science
Essay Topics for Grade 3
- Sports and games.
- Time management.
- Women empowerment.
- My last summer vacation.
- Is it good to be bilingual?
- Eating healthy.
- PE in the curriculum.
Essay Topics for Grade 4
- Importance of discipline.
- Natural resources.
- Importance of family.
- Peer pressure.
- Capital punishment.
- Importance of recycling.
- Child memories.
Essay Topics for Grade 5
- A memorable trip with the family.
- Greenhouse effect.
- The conversation of nature.
- Communication skills.
- Secular state.
- Fundamental rights.
- Health and fitness.
- Benefits of morning walk.
- A city that you like to visit.
Essay Topics for Middle School Students
What are some good essay topics for middle school?
Remember, middle schoolers, your final grade also depends on the topic you choose for your essay. Many middle school students find it difficult to come up with an interesting topic for their essays. For your help, we have provided you with interesting essay topic ideas that you can choose from.
- Different methods to mow the lawn.
- Ways to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Ways to help you get rid of bad habits.
- Things that you need to throw an excellent party.
- Tricks that can help you find a nice roommate in college.
- Do schools do enough to prevent bullying?
- Is climate change real, and is it happening?
- Write about the funniest experience you have ever had.
- Should we fear failure?
- Is fast food to blame for the obesity problem?
Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Freedom of the press.
- Vehicle pollution.
- Does art pay?
- Domestic violence.
- Impact of stress on health.
- Causes of racism.
- Importance of tree plantation.
- Life on Mars.
- Reading books.
Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Financial literacy.
- Morning walk.
- Child labor.
- Life of soldiers.
- A funny incident.
- Why learning history is important.
- Benefits of ebooks.
- How to prevent global warming.
- Effects of erosion.
- Environment and human health.
Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Population growth.
- Social networking sites.
- Culture and tradition.
- Pollution due to firecrackers.
- How to help animals.
- Why homework is important.
- The best reality tv show.
- Video game addiction.
- Problems faced by working women.
- Consequences of global warming.
Essay Topics for Grade 9
- Horror films.
- Bad language.
- Is tattoo art?
- Healthy food.
- Career and goals
- Train journey
- How can one prevent stress due to COVID-19?
Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Should you pay attention to what other people say about you?
- Regulation of alcohol usage.
- What causes addiction to junk food, and how to combat it?
- Obesity: main causes and remedial steps.
- Teenage versus adulthood.
- Comparison between cats and dogs.
- Difference between homework and class assignments.
- Pros and cons of traveling alone.
- Are public schools better than private schools?
- Homeschooling versus attending an actual school.
Essay Topics for Grade 11
- Difference between exams in colleges and schools.
- Difference between driving a bike and a car.
- Essay writing versus blog writing.
- The best childhood memory.
- My family treasures.
- What is the importance of a kid's participation in sports?
- Do fad diets actually work?
- What will life be like in 2050?
- Your most memorable trip
- A visit to a hill station
Essay Topics for Grade 12
- The most striking news of the past year
- The era of digitalization
- Highly graded subjects
- What is an allergy?
- Why are movies better than books?
- A successful marriage
- Recycling should be compulsory
- Life before and after the internet
- Career tips for students
- What is your role model?
Essay Topics for High School Students
Finding an interesting essay topic for a high school essay is not an easy task. That's why our experts have curated a list of interesting topics for your help.
Have a look at the following topics for high school essays to come up with your own ideas.
- Does the fashion industry need to change the way they advertise?
- Do beauty pageants carry any benefits for women?
- Should women get plastic surgery?
- What instigated World War 2?
- What do people mean when they say “Fake news?”
- Can constant use of drugs cause brain damage?
- Can gun control help in regulating crime?
- Is summer school designed to help children?
- Methods that are used by professionals to get their dream job.
- The ways to deal with on-campus violence.
Essay Topics for College Students
Teachers expect more from college students. Therefore coming up with ideas that can grab the teacher’s attention is an important yet difficult task to accomplish. To help college students, here are some interesting topic ideas to make the start of your essay writing much easier.
- Role of Modern Media in contributing to eating disorders.
- Is technology turning people into zombies?
- Is censorship on the internet necessary?
- Will there be a 3rd World War?
- Every student should have the right to choose the discipline they are interested in. Discuss.
- What does it take to become a politician?
- The reasons behind high unemployment rates.
- The aftermath of earthquakes.
- Which countries have the most corruption?
- Should there be a restriction on the sales and production of tobacco?
Essay Topics by Subjects
During the course of any subject, teachers ask students to write essays related to one general topic. The variety of subtopics can easily confuse students to make up a good essay topic. To help such students, here is a list of essay topics by subjects to choose from.
Essay Topics on Languages
- The change of language over time.
- The use of text messages has ruined the modern language: is it true?
- How to explore new languages.
- Neuro-linguistic programming and how it works.
- Physical communication or verbal communication: which is effective?
- Explore the ways in which people can communicate.
- Benefits of learning a second language.
- Explain how learning languages work.
- Is learning a new language in high school important?
- Why is English important?
Essay Topics on Social Media
- Influence of social media on youth.
- What are the cons of social media?
- Should texting and driving be illegal?
- The impact of social media on the life of teenagers.
- How does social media affect the relationship between parents and children?
- Does social media like Pinterest should be used in the classrooms?
- How to handle the problem of being bullied through social media?
- What rules should students follow when posting to social media?
Essay Topics on Technology
- Technology and the global economy.
- The positives and effects of technology.
- The role of 3-D printing in Medicine.
- What science has to offer to disabled people?
- Face detection software and the problem of identity theft.
- Adding connectivity to our home devices: is it helpful or not?
- Cloud computing and artificial intelligence
- How has technology changed our life?
- Life without technology
- Technology has its own rules
Essay Topics on Current Affairs
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Economy
- The Impact of Brexit on the European Union
- The Refugee Crisis in Europe
- Climate Change and its Impacts
- Terrorism and its Impact on International Relations
- The Challenge of Global Terrorism
- The Crisis in Ukraine
- The Conflict in Syria
- The Rise of Populism
Essay Topics on Corruption
- The Impact of Corruption on Economic Development
- The Relationship Between Corruption and Inequality
- The Role of the Media in Combating Corruption
- The Impact of Corruption on Political Stability
- The Relationship Between Corruption and Crime
- The Use of Technology in Combating Corruption
- International Cooperation in Combating Corruption
- The Private Sector and Combating Corruption
- Civil Society and Combating Corruption
- The Causes of Corruption
Essay Topics on Climate Change
- The effects of climate change on human health
- The impact of climate change on global food security
- The economic impacts of climate change
- The role of the media in communicating the risks of climate change
- The ethical implications of climate change
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Wildlife
- The Potential Solutions to Climate Change
- The Challenges in Implementing Solutions to Climate Change
- The Role of the Individual in Solving Climate Change
- Social media and its impact on society
- The role of social media in promoting democracy
- The use of social media in marketing and advertising
- Social media and its impact on relationships
- The role of social media in education
- The use of social media by law enforcement and other government agencies.
- The role of social media in the spread of misinformation and fake news.
- The impact of social media on the way we consume news and information.
- The role of social media in the rise of “echo chambers” and filter bubbles.
- The potential for social media to be used as a tool for surveillance and control
Essay Topics on Democracy
- The origins of democracy
- The evolution of democracy
- The benefits of democracy
- The drawbacks of democracy
- The future of democracy
- The different forms of democracy
- The relationship between democracy and development
- The impact of globalization on democracy
- Democratic theory and practice
Essay Topics on Social Issues
- The Impact of Social Media on Society
- The Relationship between Education and Social Class
- The Role of the Family in Child Development
- The Effects of Poverty on Health
- The Impact of Technology on Human Interaction
- The impact of technology on social interactions
- The effects of social media on body image
- How to deal with cyberbullying
- Raising children in a digital age
Essay Topics on Current Issues
- The rise of the gig economy and its impact on workers
- The role of technology in increasing inequality
- The challenges of climate change adaptation
- The implications of Brexit for the European Union
- The rise of populism and its impact on democracy
- The increasing inequality of wealth and income
- The spread of infectious diseases
- The threat of nuclear proliferation
- The decline of democracy in developed countries
- The rise of China as a global power
- The spread of religious extremism
Essay Topics About Mental Health
- The prevalence of mental health disorders in the United States.
- The impact of mental health disorders on individuals and society.
- The causes of mental health disorders.
- The treatments available for mental health disorders.
- The challenges faced by individuals with mental health disorders.
- CBT for obsessive compulsive disorders
- Role of Antidepressants in treating Depression
- Impact of noise pollution on mental health
- Social media use leads to negative self-esteem
- Attachment issues in adults is related to childhood parenting issues
Essay Topics about Music
- Music as a form of expression
- The role of music in society
- Music and emotion
- Music and the brain
- The history of music
- The positive role of music in improving mental health
- Music and the college life
- Pop music has reduced the importance of classical music
- Good lyrics are important for the success of a classical song
- Good music leads to successful blockbuster movies
Essay Topics About Love
- Love as a universal emotion
- The different stages of love
- The concept of love in different cultures
- The role of love in our lives
- The impact of love on our mental and physical health
- The evolution of love over time
- The different types of love
- Love and sex
Essay Topics About Yourself
- Introduce yourself in a unique way that captures your reader's attention.
- Discuss an accomplishment that you are proud of, and how it has shaped who you are today.
- Describe a time when you faced a challenge, and how you overcame it.
- Share an experience that has helped to shape your values and beliefs.
- Discuss what you hope to achieve in the future, and how your experiences to date have prepared you for this.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how you coped with it.
- Tell us about a time when you were proud of yourself and why.
- What are your plans for the future?
Essay Topics About the Environment
- The impact of human activity on the environment
- The role of the government in protecting the environment
- The importance of the greenhouse effect
- The challenges of climate change
- The future of the environment
- The threat of climate change
- The impact of deforestation
- The loss of biodiversity
- Water pollution
- Air pollution and impact on human health
Feel free to choose from the above topics and start writing your essay confidently.
Get Essay Help On Any Topic From Expert Writers
Keep in mind that your essay topic accounts for 50% of its success. It plays an important role to get the attention of readers and invoke their interest.
If you decide on a good argumentative topic and support it with relevant discussion, you will definitely get a good grade. Otherwise, you can also hire a professional essay writer online.
Hopefully, our essay help online succeeded in giving you several interesting ideas in regard to different topic choices.
We have suggested topics for different levels of education, types of essays, and subjects. We have provided you with the best and latest English essay topics for your help.
Therefore, refer to the above essay topics list to drive ideas and then create an interesting paper.
Contact our best essay writing service if you need your essay written by experts!
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
People also read
An Ultimate Essay Writing Guide for Students
Learn How to Write An Essay in Simple Steps
A Complete 500 Word Essay Writing Guide With Examples
Different Types of Essays In Academic Writing
Essay Format: A Basic Guide With Examples
Learn How to Create a Perfect Essay Outline
Learn How to Start an Essay In Simple Steps
A Complete Essay Introduction Writing Guide With Examples
What is a Hook Example For an Essay? Know Now
Learn How to Write a Thesis Statement With Examples
Good Thesis Statement Examples For Your Help
What is a Topic Sentence? - Definition & Examples
Learn How to Write a Conclusion in Simple Steps
Transition Words For Essays - The Ultimate List 2023
What are the 4 Types of Sentences - Definition & Examples
Rules and Writing Conventions For College Student
Essay Writing Problems - 5 Most Paralyzing Problems
Useful Tips for Students on How to Make an Essay Longer
How to Title an Essay - A Short Guide & Examples
Learn How to Write a 1000 Word Essay Like a Pro
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
50 Descriptive Essay Topics
Without a good topic, it is impossible to write a good paper. Teachers do not always assign specific prompts to the students as they leave some room for imagination and creativity. It is especially relevant when it comes to descriptive writing , as such type of writing should be creative. Compared to argumentative and persuasive papers, a descriptive essay should contain many details and descriptions. It is not about proving one’s point of view but rather explaining things, so the variety of topics to cover is almost unlimited.
At the same time, it doesn’t mean you should choose just any topic in the world. This post will focus on choosing the right topic, question, or idea for descriptive essays. We will explain how to pick a subject as well as provide you with the list of top themes that you may discuss.
Table of Contents
How to Select the Best Descriptive Essay Topic? Tips and Tricks
Overall, descriptive essays are personal, and they do not require in-depth research like other academic or scientific papers. They ask the author to describe something: from an object to event. Such writing attempts to convey how specific things look, taste, smell, etc. Thus, one can choose any topic that can be expressed through feelings or emotions, which is almost every topic in the world. That is why it may be a challenge to choose the subject for such type of writing.
To select a topic for a descriptive essay, one has to study contemporary topics on the web. Some of the ideas may pop up in TV shows and news. You may also look through newspapers and magazines to get inspired. Make a list of all good topics related to the subjects you covered in class. Exclude the topics that seem too complicated, or there is not enough information on them. Before starting to work on one of the ideas, consult your teacher and see whether he or she approves your choice.
Read more: How to Write a Good Descriptive Essay
Top Recommended List of Descriptive Essay Topics for College
There is no need to select witty, lengthy titles for your descriptive essays. Usually, the title of such a paper corresponds to the topic you’ve chosen. It should sound simple and clear. It is possible to write a descriptive essay in the first or third parties, so pick the title depending on this preference. Will you reflect on your own experience or not? Think about it before choosing the topic. Here is the list of great topics for you:
- A stranger in the crowd
- Moving from a suburb to a big city
- One day at new work
- A vase of roses
- People that I see on the street every day
- My dad’s favorite fishing spot
- The most embarrassing moment at school
- Falling in love for the first time in your life
- The best place to spend free time
- Things that pupils do during their breaks
- A life-changing experience
- Moving from one house to another place of living
- How the perfect date should look like
- Favorite film or book character: their traits
- Choosing a car to buy
- Qualities of a good teacher
- The most impressive childhood memory
- Living with a stranger
- Things that make a true leader
- Life on campus
- Your worst nightmare
- Features of a good mobile app
- Qualities you appreciate in your best pal.
- Learning how to drive
- The birth of a second child in a family
- Perfect birthday party
- Studying a foreign language
- An event that changed your life
- The most memorable music gig
- Whom you want to be when you grow up
- Sharing experience after attending another country
- Getting in touch with exotic culture
- A snowy day in California
- Experiencing a natural disaster
- How you imagine a life after death
- Discussing favorite food and dishes
- Meeting a celebrity at the street.
- Describing a paranormal experience
- How it feels to win a contest
- A major academic achievement
- Getting enrolled in the college of your dream
- Starting a new professional career
- Getting ready for exams
- Things to do while sitting in traffic
- A favorite element of clothing
- The first flight on a plane
- The best Halloween costumes
- Another Independence Day in the United States
- Performing in front of the audience
- How a perfect Prom Night should look like
Most Interesting Descriptive Essay Questions
While in a topic, you may cover whatever you know related to your discussion subject if you have a specific question to answer, reply to it closer to the end of your essay. We have created a list of the frequently asked questions that you might have to answer in your descriptive paper:
- How did your first kiss feel?
- What are the traits you are looking for in your partner?
- Could you describe your neighborhood?
- Would you prefer an art exhibition or cinema?
- How does a park look in the middle of the day?
- What are the traits of the best parents?
- How would your dream house look like?
- What makes a good political figure or president?
- What is your favorite book cover, and why?
- What was the saddest moment of your life?
5 Descriptive Essay Ideas That You Would Love
Finally, we would like to share some of the best ideas for descriptive writing. They are a bit different from topics as they simply give a hint, and you are the one to decide which subject exactly to cover in your paper.
- Think about various kinds of transports: automobile, bicycle, motorcycle, skateboard, surfboard, etc. Which one of them would you prefer to have? Describe the characteristic of dream transport.
- Have you ever attended a wedding or a funeral? Think about what makes these two rituals different and what makes them alike. Use as many descriptive elements as possible to show that.
- Recall a sporting event that you attended. Discuss who won and list the features that helped that team or individual to win.
- The view of an ocean or beach: can you remember the last time you’ve visited one? Describe that episode.
- Tell the difference between being a boss and being a CEO. Which traits make these people stand out from the rest of the employees? Discuss which characteristics a good boss should possess.
We hope that these lists of topics, ideas, and questions will help on your way to a good grade. We know how to earn a perfect grade in any case. All you have to do is contact our experts and order an essay from scratch . Our pro essay writers will do their best to help you catch up with the deadlines and earn the best marks – fill out the order form now and get professional descriptive essay help right now!
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
125 Best Research Paper Topics of 2021
When you get into high school, you are not aware of the number of responsibilities you might have to face over your academics, making you feel clogged and exhausted, especially when writing and submitting research papers on time.
One of the most challenging parts of writing a research paper is to find a perfect topic to write. Luckily, we have done all the hard work for you and have created a list of 125 fascinating research paper topics.
For your further convenience, we have organized the topics into different categories covering a wide range of subjects so you can easily choose the best topic according to your interest and knowledge.
Besides the list of good research topics, I have also talked about selecting a good research topic and how you can use your subject to start writing an excellent paper.
How to Select a Perfect Research Paper Topic?
Before you start writing, you need to make sure you choose a great topic. Below mentioned are the three crucial factors to contemplate before selecting the best research paper topics.
Choosing a field, you are interested in
It is difficult to find a research paper topic because most high-school students are confused about selecting their major. However, you can always select an area of interest.
There are always specific research topics on trending. Many people seem interested in writing about the buzzing topics; never feel tempted or go with the crowd and make it your subject unless you genuinely have some interest in it.
There is enough information to foster your research.
Once you have chosen the best research paper topic and you're happy to write about it, it is still challenging to produce a good paper if there isn't enough information about the subject.
This is possible for very particular or specialized topics, and sometimes some topics are too new to have enough research conducted on them at the moment. Simple topics will always have more than enough information to write a full-length paper. Writing a research paper on a topic that does not have enough information is extremely hard. Before you take up a topic, do primary research and make sure you have all the essential information to write your research paper.
The research paper fits your teacher guidelines.
Always note down any specific requirements or restrictions your teacher may have implemented on some research topic ideas. If you are writing a research paper on a political science topic, deciding to write about technology’s impact on sports won’t be allowed. Still, there can be some sort of flexibility.
For example, if you want to write about the “Portrayal of minorities by Media” and your teacher wants you to write about “History,” you can combine both topics and develop something relevant. Like “How the portrayal of minorities by media go a long way back.” You can also use companies, like do my essay , to help you write your research paper.
For your convenience, we have organized the topics into different categories. It will also make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
Simple research paper topics
- How important is diversity within the team, and why?
- What makes one sport more accepted than another?
- How would the world be different without the discoveries of Albert Einstein?
- Rise of anime; what made anime admired worldwide?
- Is the traditional music of a country foremost than the international music that is popular around the world?
- What causes people to change their leisure time activities as they get older?
- What is the best way to deal with procrastination?
- What are hobbies more favored with children and adults in your area?
- Are there hobbies you can easily do in your own country but not so comfortable when you go to another country? Why?
- What are stereotypes of people from your country, and how true are those?
Interesting research paper topics
- How true is it that older people are wiser and correct, always right in their choices?
- Can technology cause a gap between generations?
- How different are friendships between men from friendships between women, and why?
- Can amusement parks have an educational motive aside from an entertaining one?
- What things make people in your country happy?
- What are the pros and cons of plastic surgery?
- Does beauty, in general, decide how much a person will be happy and successful in life?
- What other common sayings such as “Actions speak louder than words” exist in your language, and what life lessons they teach?
- What makes Nordic regions happier and more prosperous than others?
- Ways to communicate better with family, friends, colleagues, and strangers?
Controversial topics for research paper
These topics might stimulate terrible responses from some people because most of these subjects are controversial and are likely to raise some issues. Be careful before writing about such topics.
- What is the context of all terrorist attacks in the world?
- How to deal with a large number of immigrants?
- How to prevent a rise in the number of homeless children?
- What is the proper punishment for serial killers and rapists?
- Will religion survive the future? Explain
Aggressive research topics
- Are video games the reason for more antisocial people?
- What makes communism the best political system in the world?
- How will a rise in the minimum wage help increase economic mobility?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can things be done on an individual level to prevent cyberbullying?
Research topics by different fields of study
In different fields of study, you can tell your brain to perform innovatively. Here, you can carry out extensive research to put forward new opinions.
- What were the devastating impacts of British rule in India ?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- Was it necessary to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation ?
- What caused the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan ?
- What are the important events in the history of Latin America?
- How did Greece become a huge philosophical hub in ancient times?
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19th century?
- Who profited the most from wars in the Middle Ages?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
Sample History research papers
- How deadly is the Earth’s climate change in the past few decades?
- How have previous oil spills changed regulations and cleaning methods?
- Make a detailed analysis of deforestation rates globally over a while.
- Impacts of Paris Climate Agreement on environment
- How to improve access to clean water around the world?
- Should developed countries rely more on nuclear energy?
- What to do to save amphibian species which are presently at risk of extinction?
- What impacts has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Why has the number of natural disasters increased in the past few decades?
Sample Environment research papers
- What can health issues be caused by emotional stress?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How do the healthcare plans of different countries vary from each other?
- How to lower blood pressure using natural herbs?
- Is it appropriate for parents to skip vaccination?
- How can you encourage obese people to change their lifestyles?
- What are the cons of genetically modified foods?
- Explain the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- How much work out/ exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
Sample Health research papers
- How is business etiquette changed in the past decade?
- How can the understanding of culture change the way you do business?
- Who are the exceptional businessmen in the 21st century?
- Who are the exceptional businesswomen in the 21st century?
- What are the traits of team leaders, and how to become one?
- Why is the cause in the rise of the popularity of stock markets?
- What are the pros and cons of an all-female working environment?
- The difference in Islamic banking systems from traditional ones?
- What are the effects of gold and diamonds on the economy?
- How do offshore bank accounts work – the case of Panama papers?
- Analyze the history and future of self-driving vehicles.
- How the invention of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Why has social media made people less connected to reality?
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence? Explain
- Do smartphones improve or reduce workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is social media manipulating and causing depression?
- What is the history behind the Internet of Things?
- Can everything be solar-powered?
- What is the distinction between open and closed systems?
Sample Technology research papers
- Why did we stop believing in multiple gods?
- Are religion and spirituality connected?
- What is Karma?
- Why are teenagers less religious than older people?
- How are terrorist attacks affecting religion?
- What are the new ideologies becoming popular?
- How are Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism connected?
- Teachings of Hinduism (you can choose any religion)
- What influence do religions have on the perception of right and wrong?
- Can other religions help to change the view of women in Arabic cultures?
- Are social media making us lonely, empty from the inside, and unsociable?
- How to protect children online?
- What are some techniques to identify pedophiles on social media?
- Why do people have the want to post everything online?
- How to prevent cyber-bullying?
- Can LinkedIn help people find jobs or further education?
- How to make a break from social media?
- Why are more adolescent generations obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
- How bad is social media addiction?
- Who are world-famous influencers on social media?
- What is causing the rise in popularity of classical music?
- Why are world-famous musicians more prone to become drug abusers?
- History and the rise of hip-hop culture
- Why do people listen to sad music when they do not feel good?
- What happens to your mind when you listen to 432 HZ frequency music?
- How is the US education system different from the education systems in other countries?
- Impact of college debt on the future life choices of students?
- What benefits do physical education classes have on students' health?
- Do children who attend preschool excel in school in the future?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Montessori Method ?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- Do students who get free meals at school get higher grades than those who do not receive any free meal?
- Impact of technology on studies
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- Homeschoolers VS Traditional school; who performs better in the college
- How have the motives of feminists changed over the decades?
- What are the impacts of China’s one-child policy?
- What factors gave rise to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- Difference between US immigration laws and immigration laws of other countries
- Explain the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- Explain Brexit
- What factors contributed to China becoming a superpower?
- How has the “Black Lives Matter” movement affected the view about racism in the world?
- How will India become a superpower in 2050?
- History and rise of Bitcoin and another cryptocurrency
Make sure to do your research before you start writing. You do not have to make a mistake to start writing your research paper and then learn that there is not enough information to foster your research.
In some cases, your research can contradict the points you are trying to explain. Get most of your research done before your start writing. Create an outline to understand your flow. This will help keep your paper clear and structured, and you will get clarity to produce a strong report.
You Might Also Like
Apply for Federal Grants for College Education
Federal Grants are the popular sources of funding for higher education. If you are unaware of federal grants for college and how it works, then read our blog.
Guidelines To Write Impressive High School Resume
Know some important guidelines will help you write an effective high school resume that will stand out in the crowd. Check out resume sample here
Sample College Essays
Sample Exemplar Essays to help you figure out on how to Write and Form your essay which stands out of the rest
- DAILY LINGO TIPS
- ALL PREPARATION PDFs
ADS: GRAB YOUR SHARE OF $2,000 IN FREE LOANS TODAY!
Descriptive essay topics 2021 see a comprehensive list for students.
– Descriptive Essay Topics –
Some students find it difficult to write a descriptive essay. However, there are some suggestions for effective descriptive essay topics. And it all starts with an appropriate topic. This post will showcase some excellent descriptive essay themes.
Also, we shall discuss what an essay is. Again, we shall discuss how to write a good descriptive essay.
What is an Essay?
An essay is, generally, a piece of writing. And it gives the author’s own argument . However, this definition is vague. Thus, it overlaps with those of a paper , an article , a pamphlet , and a short story .
However, essays have traditionally been sub-classified as formal and informal . Formal essays are characterized by serious purpose, dignity, logical organization, length. Also, an informal essay is characterized by a personal element.
What is a Descriptive Essay?
The descriptive essay asks the writer to describe something. And this could be an object, person, place, experience, emotion, or situation. Also, it attempts to convey how that subject looked. And it felt, tasted, sounded, and smelled.
Additionally, it expresses the emotion or sensation so clearly and vividly. Thus, in it, the reader can feel the description too.
Also, it is probably the easiest essay to write. And this is because; it tends to be more personal. And it involves less research .
Also, it is an opportunity to do some creative writing . However, it’s difficult to decide just what to write about. The primary goal of the descriptive essay is to describe something.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay?
To write a descriptive essay, you should know the structure. This is because it differs from all the other essays. Follow the steps below to write a great descriptive essay .
1. Think of what to write.
2. Also, pick a good topic.
3. Furthermore, have some inspiration.
4. Also, create a draft of your expository essay.
5. Additionally, add details to your descriptive essay. You can do this with the help of enriched English vocabulary and online dictionaries.
6. Also, take the time to revise.
7. Additionally, edit the paper. And do this with the help of various free online grammar checking tools. You can visit HERE for help.
Wonderful Descriptive Essay Topics
Below are some wonderful descriptive essay topics:
Descriptive Essay Topics: Place
1. Describe your favourite place.
2. How would you love your ideal bedroom?
3. Describe the house in which you grew up.
4. How would the first house on the moon look like?
5. Describe some of your favourite places in your hometown.
6. How is the peaceful place that you’ve visited like?
7. Describe a place that exists only in your imagination .
8. What is your perfect fantasy holiday destination?
9. Describe your favourite store.
10. What is your favourite teacher’s classroom?
11. Describe a museum that you’ve visited recently.
12. What is the place where the pet likes spending time?
13. Describe an outdoor place that you know well.
➢ Thesis Statement for an Essay
➢ Reduce Anxiety in Essay Writing
➢ Improve Your Grade for Your Next Essay
Descriptive Essay Topics: About People
1. Describe your favourite person . Look at some old family photos and describe an older family member as he or she was when at your age.
2. Describe each of your family members.
3. How is a famous person who you would like to meet?
4. Describe one of your friends.
5. Who are you? Describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
6. What is your pet?
7. Describe someone whom you miss.
Descriptive Essay Topics: About Objects
1. Describe an object that is special to you.
2. Give a tour of one room to your house. Do this by describing the most important objects in that room.
3. Describe one of your favourite outfits.
4. What is your favourite toy as a child?
5. Describe how you get around some stuff? For example a bicycle, skateboard, sneakers, your parent’s car, the school bus).
6. What is your favourite piece of furniture where you like to spend time and relax?
7. Describe something that you would bury in a time capsule to tell people about what life is like today.
8. What is an object that has been in your family for a long time?
9. Choose a piece of food to eat. And then, write a description of it. Also, include the way it looks, smells and tastes.
10. Describe a smartphone to a time traveller from the 1900s.
More Topics on Memories
1. Describe your oldest memory.
2. How was your best summer holiday?
3. Describe a memorable concert you attended.
4. What was the best memorable trip you took?
5. Describe a special time that you and your family had together.
6. How was the first time you met one of your old friends?
7. Describe a time you met someone famous.
8. When and how was one of your happiest memories?
9. Describe one of your saddest memories.
10. When and what was a time that you felt terrified?
11. Describe a time that you felt excited.
12. How is the memory of someone whom you miss?
13. Describe one of your most memorable first days of school.
14. What and when was one of your most embarrassing moments?
With the above descriptive essay topics , you can begin a wonderful descriptive essay. However, ensure you follow the tips given earlier. Equally, share the above information with your family.
Tags : Descriptive Essay Topics 2020 | A Comprehensive List for Students , How to Write a Descriptive Essay? , What is a Descriptive Essay? , What is an Essay? , Wonderful Descriptive Essay Topics
Comments are closed.
- A Look at the Latest Trends in Writing Instruction
- Buenas Opiniones Scholarship 2023 Portal Update
- How Writing Schools Are Increasing Accessibility in 2023
- Fulbright Scholarship for Nigerian Student 2023 Application Guide
- How to Check My MTN Number: Detailed Procedures
- Buick Achievers Scholarship 2023 Application Updates Portal
- UNF Scholarship for International Student 2023 Application Update
- Contact MTN Customer Care on WhatsApp See Current WhatsApp Number
- Boston College Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 Application Update
- Bot Names: Ideas to Get Customers to Talk
- Ferguson Scholarship 2023 Application Update
- Utbildning om ansvarsfullt spelande i skolor: Utrusta eleverna med kunskap om kasinon och riskmedvetenhet
- Fun Ideas to Organize a Game Night for Students
- Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship 2023 Application Update
- Michigan State University (MSU) Scholarships 2023 Portal Updates
- Albukhary University Scholarship 2023 Portal Updates
- USA Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2023 Application Update
- Rwanda Education Board Scholarships 2023 Students Updates
- Step-by-Step Guide to Upgrade your Airtel Sim to 4G 2023 Update
- Birthday Wishes for Myself to Commend My Achievements in Life 2023
- Advertise Here
Currentschoolnews.com complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and takes prompt action to remove infringing material upon receiving valid takedown notices. We respect intellectual property rights and expect our users to do the same.
Don't miss this opportunity
Enter Your Details
Self Study Mantra
- Essay for CAPF Exam
- Essay for State PSC
- Essay for Banking Exam
- Important Essays
- Letter Writing
- हिन्दी निबंध
- One Word Substitution
- Computer Knowledge
- Important Days
- जीवन परिचय
- Government Schemes List
20 Most Expected Essay Topics for SSC CHSL 2021 Descriptive Paper | Essay for SSC CHSL Tier 2
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 2 Exam is scheduled to be held on 18th September 2022. Most of the students wants to know expected essay topics for ssc chsl 2021 descriptive paper or essay topics for ssc chsl tier 2 exam. Here is 20 most important essay topics which may be asked in ssc chsl descriptive paper essay writing. These essays for ssc chsl tier 2 has been written probably according to the pattern of essay writing for ssc chsl descriptive paper .
Essay Topics for SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 2 Descriptive Paper
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam every year to fill various vacancies of Group C Post in different Government Organizations. Those candidates who cleared SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam have to appear for SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam. SSC CHSL 10+2 Tier 2 Exam is a paper and pen mode descriptive exam where students have to write essay on the subject given in the question paper. Below are some important most expected essay topics for ssc chsl tier 2 descriptive paper which might be very helpful for your essay writing exam preparation.
इन सभी निबंध को आप English के साथ-साथ नीचे हिंदी में भी पढ़ सकते हैं।
Essay topics for ssc chsl tier 2, essay for ssc chsl descriptive paper, ssc 10+2 essay writing, ssc chsl descriptive paper essay in english, expected essay topics for ssc chsl 2021, essay topics for ssc chsl 2021 descriptive paper, essay topics for ssc chsl 2021 descriptive paper, most probable essay topic for ssc chsl descriptive paper, essay for ssc chsl 2022 descriptive paper
20 Most Important Essay Topics for SSC CHSL Tier 2 Descriptive Paper in English
- Essay on Hate Speech: Read Here
- Essay on Astro Tourism: Read Here
- Essay on PM SHRI School Scheme: Read Here
- Essay on War and Its Effects: Read Here
- Essay on Asia Cup 2022: Read Here
- Essay on Artificial Intelligence (AI): Read Here
- Essay on Commonwealth Games 2022: Read Here
- Essay on Har Ghar Tiranga: Read Here
- Essay on Agnipath Scheme: Read Here
- Essay on Envisioning India @2047: Read Here
- Download PDF of These Essays: Click Here
- Essay on Menace of Fake News: Read Here
- Essay on Power Crisis in India: Read Here
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: Read Here
- 50 PDF Essays for SSC Exams: Download Here
- Essay on Freebie Politics: Read Here
- Essay on Unsung Heroes of Freedom Struggle: Read Here
- Essay on Cryptocurrency: Read Here
- Essay on Natural Farming: Read Here
- Importance of Free and Fair Election: Read Here
- Kashi Vishwanath Corridor: Read Here
- Governance 4.0: Read Here
- Online Shopping: Read Here
- PM Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Read Here
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2021: Read Here
- Raising Legal Age of Marriage for Women: Read Here
- Uniform Civil Code: Read Here
- Role of Students in Eradication of Drugs: Read Here
- Corona and Its impact on Human Life: Read Here
- Electronic Vehicles: The Future of Transport: Read Here
- E-Learning: The Future of Education System: Read Here
- New Education Policy: Read Here
- Vocal for Local: Read Here
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Read Here
- Social Media Addiction: Read Here
- Life in Metro Cities
- Impact of Poverty on Education: Read Here
- Human Trafficking: Read Here
- New Traffic Rules
- Women Empowerment: Read Here
- Water Crisis in India: Read Here
- Unemployment: Read Here
- Natural Disaster: Read Here
- Disaster Management
- Global Warming: Read Here
- One Nation One Constitution
- Plastic Waste Management: Read Here
- Single Use Plastic Ban: Read Here
- Causes of Pollution: Read Here
- Addiction of Mobile in Youth
- Importance of Education: Read Here
- Our Duty towards Senior Citizen
- Why Population Control is necessary: Read Here
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Classes: Read Here
- Food Security in India
- Download Ads free PDF of These Essays: Click Here
- Abrogation of Article 370 and 35a: Read Here
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 Previous Year Papers
- SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Letter and Application Writing
Essay Topics for SSC CHSL Tier 2 Descriptive Paper in Hindi
- अग्निपथ योजना पर निबंध (पढ़ने के लिए टॉपिक पर क्लिक करें)
- हर घर तिरंगा अभियान
- आज़ादी का अमृत महोत्सव
- ओलंपिक खेल टोक्यो 2020
- स्वतंत्र और निष्पक्ष चुनाव
- वोकल फॉर लोकल
- आत्मनिर्भर भारत
- पर्यावरण प्रदूषण: नियंत्रण के उपाय
- जल प्रदूषण: कारण एवं निवारण
- सिंगल यूज़ प्लास्टिक बैन
- ग्लोबल वार्मिंग
- कृषि विधेयक 2020
- नई शिक्षा नीति 2020
- करें योग रहें निरोग
- खाद्य सुरक्षा
- बाल श्रम
You may like these posts
Post a comment.
- Download PDF Essay for All Exams
Download PDF Essay for All Exams Most important essays ranging from 250 words to 1000 …
Popular this Month
Trending Essay Topics | Important Essay Topics for Competitive Exams
Beat Plastic Pollution Essay: How We Can Eliminate Plastic Pollution | Beat Plastic Pollution Essay 700 Words
20 Most Important Essay Topics for CAPF 2023 | UPSC CAPF Essay Topics 2023
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Previous Year Question Paper | SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Classes
My School Essay in English 10 Lines, Essay on My School
ESSAY ON G20 Summit for Competitive Exams | Essay on G20
My Family Essay in English 10 Lines, Essay on My Family
Essay on Electric Vehicles: The Future of Transport, Benefits of Electric Vehicles uses, Electric Vehicles
One word substitution (download here👇👇).
Essay Writing in English
- Essay in English
- Essay in Hindi
- 20 Essays for IBPS PO Descriptive Paper
- Trending Essay Topics
- IBPS PO Previous Year Descriptive Paper
- Important Essays for UPSC
- Essay Topics for UPSC CAPF AC Exam
- How To Crack SSC CGL In First Attempt?
- 100 Most Important One Word Substitution
- Essay on Artificial Intelligence
- Latest Jobs | Admit Card | Result
- Essay on Global Warming
- Essay on Women Empowerment
- Daily Homework for Class 1 to 5
- Paragraph in English
- Join Self Study Mantra through WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram
- Advertise With Us
- Career with Us
- Disclaimer, Terms and Condition
- 10 Lines 13
- Best Books for SSC CGL 1
- Biography 6
- Education System 6
- English Grammar 1
- Essay in Hindi 18
- Essay Topics 25
- essay writing 116
- Farmer Welfare Schemes 1
- Important National and International Days 23
- Mathematics 5
- One Word Substitution 2
- Online Classes 3
- Paragraph Writing 15
- Political Science 1
- Pollution 7
- Republic Day 1
- Speech in Hindi 1
- SSC Exams 5
- Study Tips 7
- जीवन परिचय 6
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Essay in English
Important Days in 2023 | Important National and International Days | Important Days and Dates
Single Use Plastic Essay or Essay on Single Use Plastic ban
Copyright (c) 2019-22 Self Study Mantra All Rights Reseved
- School & Boards College Admission Govt Jobs Alert & Prep Exams Current Affairs General Knowledge Careers Videos Education News Quiz & Mock Tests Ebooks Results हिन्दी Jagran TV Jagran Play View All Categories
- SRM University
- MP Board Result
- Current Affairs
- Web Stories
- State Boards ICSE Board UP Board Bihar Board Rajasthan Board Maharashtra Board MP Board
- Bank Recruitment
IBPS PO 2021 Mains on 22nd Jan 2022: Check PO Mains Descriptive Test Important Essay & Letter Writing Topics
Check IBPS PO Mains 2021 Descriptive Test Important Essay & Letter Writing Topics for IBPS PO 2021 Mains that will be held on 22nd January 2022 to fill up 4135 vacancies for PO/MTs in 11 Public Sector Banks.
IBPS PO Mains Essay & Letter Writing 2021: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting the IBPS PO Mains 2021 on 22nd January 2022 to fill up 4,135 vacancies for Probationary Officers (PO) and Management Trainees (MTs) across 11 participating Public Sector Banks. The IBPS PO Mains 2021 Admit Card is available for download from 10th January 2022 to 22nd January 2022. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of the Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for the Interview. In this article, we have shared the IBPS PO Mains 2021 Descriptive Paper Important Essay & Letter Writing Topics as well as Previous Years IBPS PO Mains Essay & Letter Writing Topics (2020 & 2019) for candidates to ace their preparation.
IBPS PO Mains 2021 Important Dates
Ibps po mains 2021 exam pattern.
The IBPS PO Mains 2021 Exam will be held ONLINE in two sections – Objective Tests of 200 marks and a Descriptive Test for 25 Marks. The Objective Tests will include a total of 155 questions (MCQs) from 4 sections - Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, and Data Analysis & Interpretation. The Descriptive Test will consist of a total of 2 questions on Letter Writing and Essay Writing.
(i) There is a negative marking for every wrong answer given by the candidates in the Objective Tests. One-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to a question will be a deduction for wrong answers. There will be no penalty for a question if a question is left blank wherein no answer is marked by the candidate.
(ii) Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of the Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Cut-offs will be decided depending on the number of vacancies available and candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
(iii) Marks obtained in the online main examination only will be considered for shortlisting for interview and also for final merit listing.
IBPS PO 2021 Mains Descriptive Paper
Descriptive Paper of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) in the IBPS PO Mains 2021 will include two questions for a total of 25 marks. One question will be conducted online immediately after the completion of the Online Objective Test. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Paper by typing on the computer using the keyboard. Candidates will only be able to submit their answer paper after the completion of the test duration which is 30 minutes. There will be no facility for spell check.
Descriptive Paper of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) may be evaluated by an automated scoring mechanism for identifying features related to writing proficiency. This scoring mechanism is duly validated and evaluates the candidate's proficiency in writing in English Language in an objective manner as the mechanism does not have any in-built biases for evaluating responses.
IBPS PO Mains 2021 Descriptive Paper Important Essay & Letter Writing Topics (Expected)
Ibps po mains previous years' essay & letter writing topics.
Look at the questions asked in the Descriptive Test (Letter & Essay Writing) in 2020 & 2019.
IBPS PO Mains 2020 Essay & Letter Writing Topics
Essay Writing (word limit 250 words )
(i) Work From Home amid COVID-19
Letter Writing (word limit 150 words)
(i) Letter to the shopkeeper to complain about damaged electronic product
(ii) Letter related to Loan; to inform the customer about his or her not being eligible for the loan
IBPS PO Mains 2019 Essay & Letter Writing Topics
Essay Writing Topics (word limit 250 words )
(i) Ethical Banking
(ii) Influence of Social Media
(iii) Contribution of Unorganised Sector in Indian Economy
(iv) Pros and Cons of 4 days working in a week
(v) FDI in retail sector
Letter Writing Topics (word limit 150 words)
(i) Write a letter to your bank’s branch manager informing him that your EMI installment of Rs. 3000 has been deducted instead of Rs. 2000. Request him to take the necessary action to roll back the transaction or adjust the amount.
(ii) Write a letter to the Road Transport Authority expressing your concern over usage of high beam LED lights in bikes and cars
(iii) Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your concern on the state of elderly living alone by themselves. Request the government to take some initiatives to help the senior citizens living alone.
IBPS PO 2021 Mains Admit Card Download Link
IBPS PO Mains 2021 Best 7 Last-Minute Tips Exam Day Instructions COVID Guidelines
Q1 What is the total marks & exam duration for Descriptive Paper in IBPS PO Mains 2021?
Q2 what are the current topics for descriptive paper in ibps po mains 2021, q3 what are the important letter writing topics in ibps po mains 2021, q4 what is the evaluation scheme for descriptive paper in ibps po mains 2021, q5 what is the syllabus for descriptive paper in ibps po mains 2021, take free online ibps po 2022 mock test, related categories.
- Bank Exam Question Papers
- Indian Bank Recruitment
- Bank PO Exam QnA
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment
- Bank of India Recruitment
- Tips for Bank Exams
- Bank Exam - Recruitment QnA
- Bank PO Question Papers
- Education News
- Bank Exams & IBPS-CWE Results
- IBPS Recruitment 2021 - 22: Clerk, PO, SO - Exam Notification, Admit Card, Result
- PNB Recruitment
- Bank Exam Syllabus
- Computer-Based Test
- Sarkari Naukri Alerts
- Punjab and Sind Bank Recruitment
- IBPS CWE QnA
- Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment
- Bank PO Recruitment
- Bank Exam Model Question Papers
- UBI (Union Bank of India) Recruitment 2021
- Canara Bank Recruitment 2021
- UCO Bank Recruitment
- Central Bank of India Recruitment 2021
- Bank Exam Study Material
- Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment
- IBPS Bank PO Recruitment Exam 2021
- UPPSC PCS Prelims Result 2021 OUT! Check UPPCS Official Answer Key for Set A, B, C, D, Mains Date, Cut-Offs & More
- CBSE Class 10, 12 Syllabus for Board Exam 2023: Download Subject-Wise Curriculum in PDF, Check Important Resources
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023 PDF with Important Resources for Last Minute Revision
Latest Education News
- Shubman Gill ने जड़ा तीसरा शतक, Virat Kohli ने तोड़ा IPL में सर्वाधिक शतकों का रिकॉर्ड just now
- DRDO Recruitment 2023 Out: Apply Online for 12 Project Scientist Vacancies just now
- IPL 2023 में टूटा एक सीज़न में सर्वाधिक छक्के का रिकॉर्ड, यह खिलाड़ी लगा सकता है सर्वाधिक छक्के 34 mins ago
- [Updated] Most Centuries in IPL History: List of 100 (Hundreds) Made by Players 1 hour ago
- Updated - IPL Orange Cap Winners List (2008 - 2023) - Shubman Gill 1 hour ago
- Most Runs By Indian Players in IPL 2023 1 hour ago
- Highest Team Scores of All Time in IPL (2008 - 2023) 1 hour ago
- Who is the owner of Gujarat Titans (GT) in IPL 2023? Name, Net Worth, Background 1 hour ago
- Updated List of Fastest 100 in IPL (2008 - 2023) 1 hour ago
- REET Mains Result 2023 Out: घोषित हुए लेवल-1 आरईईटी के नतीजे, यहाँ देखें कट ऑफ और Result PDF Link 1 hour ago
- You have the eyes of a wizard if you can spot 1 difference between the two Harry Potter images in 4 seconds! 2 hrs ago
- Math riddles: These math riddles are something you just can't miss. Give them a shot. 2 hrs ago
- REET Mains Result 2023 OUT at rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in: Download RSMSSB Teacher Selection List PDF, Cutoff Here 3 hrs ago
- Visual Test: Only sharp-eyed people can spot the carrot hidden among rabbits in 5 seconds! 3 hrs ago
- Optical Illusion: Only the sharpest eyes can spot a cat in the grass in 8 seconds. Do you have them? 4 hrs ago
- What is Google’s New AI Search Engine? Everything you need to know 3 hrs ago
- CSIR NET Syllabus 2023 - Download CSIR NET Life Science Topic-wise Syllabus PDF 4 hrs ago
- कौन-सा है दुनिया का सबसे गहरा Metro Station, जानें 2 hrs ago
- Word Puzzle: Can you find the word ”CALM” in 8 seconds? 2 hrs ago
- IPL प्लेऑफ़ के मैचों में डॉट बॉल की जगह पेड़ का इमोजी क्यों दिख रहा है जानें 4 hrs ago
- PSEB Board 10th Result 2023 - Declared (Link Active) 1 day ago
- Check MBOSE 10th, 12th Arts 2023 Result - Declared 1 day ago
- Check MBOSE 10th Result 2023 - Declared 1 day ago
For more results, click here
- Free Webinar
The Higher Education Review
- Jobs and Careers
- Media and Mass Communication
- Education Consultancy
News & Articles
Most popular essay writing topics in 2021, download now complete list of top private engineering colleges.
Top 10 Research Topics from 2021
Posted on January 17, 2022 by Frontiers Communications in Research topics , Sustainability , Top News // 0 Comments
Find the answers to your biggest research questions from 2021. With collective views of over 3.7 million, researchers explored topics spanning from nutritional immunology and political misinformation to sustainable agriculture and the human-dog bond .
1. Infectious disease
29 articles | 1,643,000 views
Uncovering the many ethical, legal, and social issues that have arisen during the pandemic
2. Nutritional immunology
29 articles | 768,000 views
How specific foods and nutrients affect COVID-19 severity and outcomes
3. Music therapy
44 articles | 268,000 views
Examining the ability of music to create and maintain social bonds during the pandemic
4. Political misinformation
11 articles | 219,000 views
Understanding how to halt the spread of false news while increasing the circulation of information from credible sources during the pandemic
5. Plant science
15 articles | 198,000 views
The enormous potential of plants to contribute effectively to fighting pandemics
6. Sustainable agriculture
49 articles | 168,000 views
Demonstrating the potential of various microbes to enhance plant productivity and yield in cropping systems
7. Mental health
22 articles | 136,000 views
Discovering insights from altered states of consciousness through psychedelic therapies
8. Aging brains
18 articles | 134,000 views
Evaluating factors that predispose aging Covid patients to more severe complications
9. Canine connection
13 articles | 118,000 views
Exploring the human-dog bond and how interactions between the two benefits us medically, psychologically, and through service as working dogs
10. Mood disorders
12 articles | 102,000 views
New insights into the mechanisms underlying mood disorders at the genetic and neurobiological level
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Research topics
Copyright © 2023 Powered by WordPress.com .
10 min read. 29 Jul 2021. Writing a descriptive essay is a creative task. It requires using sensory language and expressive means, such as similes, metaphors, personifications, etc., for creating a vivid description of an object, place, person, or experience. The best descriptive essays are usually based on the writer's personal lived reality.
Analytical Essay Topics. The impact of Martin Luther King's speech "I have a dream" on modern American politics. The significance of Pablo Picasso's artwork "The Old Guitarist". Important characteristics of Denzel Washington Speech at the University Of Pennsylvania.
The Planet's Greatest Chronograph and Moon Landing: Descriptive Essay. Senenmut and the Temple of Hatshepsut: Descriptive Essay. Journey to the Past: Descriptive Essay on Lewis and Clark Expedition. General Overview of The Pyramids Of Egypt: Descriptive Essay.
Here is the list of great topics for you: A stranger in the crowd. Moving from a suburb to a big city. One day at new work. A vase of roses. People that I see on the street every day. My dad's favorite fishing spot. The most embarrassing moment at school. Falling in love for the first time in your life.
General Education. One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best ...
One of the most challenging parts of writing a research paper is to find a perfect topic to write. Luckily, we have done all the hard work for you and have created a list of 125 fascinating research paper topics. For your further convenience, we have organized the topics into different categories covering a wide range of subjects so you can ...
This is because it differs from all the other essays. Follow the steps below to write a great descriptive essay. 1. Think of what to write. 2. Also, pick a good topic. 3. Furthermore, have some inspiration. 4.
The format of descriptive paper includes: Introduction - Here historical, philosophical or holistic view is included. Body - Here all the important facts, information and aspects of the topic are included. Conclusion - Here future way or suggestions are included. Introduction and Conclusion should always be within 50 words and in single ...
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 2 Exam is scheduled to be held on 18th September 2022. Most of the students wants to know expected essay topics for ssc chsl 2021 descriptive paper or essay topics for ssc chsl tier 2 exam. Here is 20 most important essay topics which may be asked in ssc chsl descriptive paper essay writing. These essays for ssc chsl tier 2 has been written probably according to the pattern ...
current topics for descriptive paper 2021. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter. 162. IMAGES. 140 Best Research Paper Topics For 2021 With Examples. Descriptive essay topics for grade 10 in 2021. 100+ Awesome Descriptive Essay Topics From Experts To Get Top Grades.
20 Good Descriptive Essay Topics for 2023. A day at the beach: describing the sights, sounds, and smells. A winter wonderland: describing a snowy landscape. A bustling city street: describing the people, buildings, and atmosphere. A serene forest: describing the trees, wildlife, and natural beauty. A family vacation: describing the activities ...
Question: What do you think of, "Are we on the brink of a 3rd World War?" as a current event research paper topic? Answer: Here are other topics along that line: 1. Are the actions and words of U.S. President Donald Trump making the world more or less likely to go to war? 2.
Important Informal Letter Writing Topics for IBPS PO Mains 2021 (Expected) #. Topics. 1. Write a letter to your younger sibling, who has recently started working, to not take too much stress at ...
From cultural distinctions, overpopulation, and racism to modern lifestyle, media, and public services. The type of essay that this topic provides highly depends on the theme or subject that suggests. Travel. Topics like this are normally more attractive and interesting to write and read about.
Find the answers to your biggest research questions from 2021. With collective views of over 3.7 million, researchers explored topics spanning from nutritional immunology and political misinformation to sustainable agriculture and the human-dog bond. Research Topics: 1. Infectious disease 29 articles | 1,643,000 views Uncovering the many ethical, legal, and social issues that have arisen
SBI PO Descriptive Paper: Check the important topics here. Get started for free! The SBI PO Descriptive Paper is an online test. It will b a duration of 30 minutes and the examination will be of 50 marks. The Descriptive paper is an essential part of the SBI PO assessment process and it is included in the mains exam.
Expected UPSC CAPF Essay Topics 2021. Candidates need to secure UPSC CAPF AC exam minimum cut off marks in written exams to qualify for the next stage of the selection process. The UPSC CAPF AC Paper II Part A, being the Essay writing, carries a weightage of 80 marks. The candidates are expected to write a short essay of 300 words each on any 4 ...
Among the main topics you can discuss in economics research are: Fundamental economics, cost to benefit analysis, and importance of decision-making; Microeconomics, market structure, and strategies, competition; Personal economics, spending habits, personal investment; Social economics, class structure, the cultural impact of economics.